Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DoDo4869

[Small Spoilers] May your heart be your guiding key

So with 2.8 and the game 0.2 BBS and the movie X Back Cover we got this new sentence "May your/my heart be your/my guiding key".

It seems that the first one to ever say this line is the master of masters, however throughout the new installments in the KH series we hear that sentence like 10 times or so.

So do you think that this sentence will have a deeper meaning? Or is it just here to motivate the characters?

What do you think? xD

I think it's like a "May the Force be with you" sort of thing. Nothing special, more of a prayer of some sort or like you said, encouragement/motivation.

Don't think it has any meaning significant to the plot.

You beat me to it

Isn't it strange how mickey says this for the very first time in 0.2....but never mentions this phrase again in KHCoM, KH2, KH3D or any other KH game thereafter?

You beat me to it

Isn't it strange how mickey says this for the very first time in 0.2....but never mentions this phrase again in KHCoM, KH2, KH3D or any other KH game thereafter?

*shrugs* Of course it's only meant to make a connection between 0.2 and Back Cover. But then again, the phrase probably just died out centuries ago, probably only mentioned only in books. Or maybe it's something Mickey wasn't taught to say all the time to his fellow Keyblade Wielders, only heard about it once and that's it (and seeing as his and Aqua's heart and light is basically the only thing he can onto in the Realm of Darkness, he would be more likely to remember the phrase there than anywhere else).

As to Aqua, she knows it too but doesn't use the phrase. I wouldn't be surprised if Eraqus mentioned that the phrase existed but never used it with his pupils because Xehanort follows his heart and look at the trouble this caused us...¬¬