Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

In KH, if you ever look in the Journal/Reports or play with subtitles on, you'd know that "realm of darkness", "realm of light", "realm between", and "realm of sleep" are never capitalized, which always led me to believe that those are not the official names of the realms. That's just what all the characters call them.

But, in 0.2BBS, the realm of darkness is called "Dark World", which I'm assuming is it's official name. Yen Sid, Aqua, Mickey, etc. still call it "realm of darkness", but in Reports in the game and marketing for the game and stuff, they call it "Dark World", so it definitely seems to be its official name.

And in KHX, we learn about a realm called "Unchained". In Back Cover, we learn that this realm is made of "dreams", which obviously means its the realm of sleep.

So, the realm of darkness' official name is "Dark World" and the realm of sleep's official name is "Unchained". What do you think the official names for the realm of light and the realm between are? "Light World" and "Between World"? lol

In KH, if you ever look in the Journal/Reports or play with subtitles on, you'd know that "realm of darkness", "realm of light", "realm between", and "realm of sleep" are never capitalized, which always led me to believe that those are not the official names of the realms. That's just what all the characters call them.

But, in 0.2BBS, the realm of darkness is called "Dark World", which I'm assuming is it's official name. Yen Sid, Aqua, Mickey, etc. still call it "realm of darkness", but in Reports in the game and marketing for the game and stuff, they call it "Dark World", so it definitely seems to be its official name.

And in KHX, we learn about a realm called "Unchained". In Back Cover, we learn that this realm is made of "dreams", which obviously means its the realm of sleep.

So, the realm of darkness' official name is "Dark World" and the realm of sleep's official name is "Unchained". What do you think the official names for the realm of light and the realm between are? "Light World" and "Between World"? lol

You know? That's a good observation. The thing about it is the name "Dark World" was used for Castle of Dreams and The World Within for Dwarf Woodlands. I don't think that it is the other name for the RoD. I think it's just the name of a certain section of it. I would imagine what was called the Realm of Unchained was what they called the Realm of Sleep before they named it the latter. So with all this said, I don't think the RoL has an official name. In ancient times, it was simply called the World with a capital "w" since all worlds were one.

You know? That's a good observation. The thing about it is the name "Dark World" was used for Castle of Dreams and The World Within for Dwarf Woodlands. I don't think that it is the other name for the RoD. I think it's just the name of a certain section of it. I would imagine what was called the Realm of Unchained was what they called the Realm of Sleep before they named it the latter. So with all this said, I don't think the RoL has an official name. In ancient times, it was simply called the World with a capital "w" since all worlds were one.

No, the area of Castle of Dreams is called "Castle Town". There's a difference between world names and location names. The only world logo that appears in the entire game is "Dark World". The rest of the logos are just area/location names. The games have had area/location names pop-up when you enter a new location since KH2.

And it has never been stated that the Realm of Darkness or Realm Between don't exist in the age of fairy tales. All we know is that all the worlds were still one, not the realms. In present-day, they still call the entire KH universe the "World". The "World" pretty much just means the entire universe/multiverse.

No, the area of Castle of Dreams is called "Castle Town". There's a difference between world names and location names. The only world logo that appears in the entire game is "Dark World". The rest of the logos are just area/location names. The games have had area/location names pop-up when you enter a new location since KH2.

And it has never been stated that the Realm of Darkness or Realm Between don't exist in the age of fairy tales. All we know is that all the worlds were still one, not the realms. In present-day, they still call the entire KH universe the "World". The "World" pretty much just means the entire universe/multiverse.

Yes you're right about the Castle Town part. So it is called Dark World. Does it make a difference? It's the same thing. The Realm of Darkness and Dark World are two names of the same thing.

I did not say anything about those not existing in the age of fairy tales. I don't know where you think I said that. Alright so the World is the entire RoL.

The Dark world was the world logo used in the Japanese version and was a literal translation. For some reason the English version didn't change the logo, so this inconsistency came forth