Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

So how does Kairis heart get into Sora

No seriously I always have to ask because the game has no context at explaining this scene at all it just happens. How does Kairis heart get into Sora? why was she a ghost suddenly? how does the heart get transported? why would the heart leave her or was it her doing? I seriously don't firetrucking get it

It was explained in Birth By Sleep

Aqua met young Kairi and when she sensed powerful light in her, she cast a spell that would let her heart retrieve to another for shelter if it ever were in danger. It was endagered in KH1 when the Destiny Islands were falling into darkness and thus her heart found a way to keep itself safe by entering Sora's.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by AngelTheWeirdStranger

Aqua met young Kairi and when she sensed powerful light in her, she cast a spell that would let her heart retrieve to another for shelter if it ever were in danger. It was endagered in KH1 when the Destiny Islands were falling into darkness and thus her heart found a way to keep itself safe by entering Sora's.

Thanks that helps, I wish Sora talked about this during Dream Drop Distance

This is also why she wound up at the Destiny Islands in the first place. Just a little more info for you

My personal theory is that she intended the spell to take Kairi to Ventus and that's why she ended up on DI, because that's where a Ven's heart was.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

That's not actually confirmed to be the reason. It's true that the spell was what whisked her way to Destiny Islands after Radiant Garden fell to Darkness, but her heart transfer to Sora is more or less a reaction to the Heartless invasion. She might have have been affected by the outbreak of Darkness so when she met with Sora and they collided, it took refuge inside him.

That's not actually confirmed to be the reason. It's true that the spell was what whisked her way to Destiny Islands after Radiant Garden fell to Darkness, but her heart transfer to Sora is more or less a reaction to the Heartless invasion. She might have have been affected by the outbreak of Darkness so when she met with Sora and they collided, it took refuge inside him.

Yes, it wasn't confirmed...But wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the spell that took time from Birth By Sleep in order to be shown rather than a speculation which doesn't have enough evidence to be backed up?

I think the spell makes a bit more sense, imo. :/

Yes, it wasn't confirmed...But wouldn't it make more sense for it to be the spell that took time from Birth By Sleep in order to be shown rather than a speculation which doesn't have enough evidence to be backed up?

I think the spell makes a bit more sense, imo. :/

I'm not saying it's not a possibility, I'm just going off what is shown and talked about. Kairi was clearly affected by the Heartless in some way during the invasion but because her heart is pure Light and wouldn't spawn a Heartless if it was taken, her body seemed to be slowly delving into that comatose state she'd fall into for the majority of the game. What I'm saying is that her heart wasn't taken, but it might have been affected, and going off the logic of the spell, her heart should have just appeared within Sora anyway, but it took them having to make physical contact in order to do so, so it seems like a different process altogether.

I'm not saying it's not a possibility, I'm just going off what is shown and talked about. Kairi was clearly affected by the Heartless in some way during the invasion but because her heart is pure Light and wouldn't spawn a Heartless if it was taken, her body seemed to be slowly delving into that comatose state she'd fall into for the majority of the game. What I'm saying is that her heart wasn't taken, but it might have been affected, and going off the logic of the spell, her heart should have just appeared within Sora anyway, but it took them having to make physical contact in order to do so, so it seems like a different process altogether.

I really like your theory but I don't think Nomura gave that much thought into it. And since he thought up about the spell later on, the whole Kairi's heart entering Sora's thing was just a random thing that could happen in the KH universe apparently. I don't think he expected people to question it. It was the first game too, so the story was way undeveloped to have a reason behind everything.

I'm not saying your theory is flawed. I'm saying that Nomura probably didn't care enough to have that event have an explanation. :P

I really like your theory but I don't think Nomura gave that much thought into it. And since he thought up about the spell later on, the whole Kairi's heart entering Sora's thing was just a random thing that could happen in the KH universe apparently. I don't think he expected people to question it. It was the first game too, so the story was way undeveloped to have a reason behind everything.

I'm not saying your theory is flawed. I'm saying that Nomura probably didn't care enough to have that event have an explanation. :P

Well, like you said, this was the first game where the story took a backseat to getting our rocks off with the whole crossover schtick thing.

i always assumed it happened at the scene where Destiny Islands is first invaded in KH1. 

Sora finds Kairi in the secret place. The door explodes open and she collides into Sora and vanishes when she touches him. I figured it was at this moment that her heart took refuge inside Sora.

Thats also what I thought. I thought that was why Kairi was so fuzzy the whole time with Riku.

Even if an official explanation has yet to be given, we could safely assume (for now) that Kairi being a Princess of Heart allows her to do extraordinary things.  She may not have known the extent of her power during the invasion of Destiny Islands, but her power of light may have awakened in response to the deep darkness.  Perhaps her light was strong enough to "transplant" her heart into Sora's body, just before it would succumb to darkness. 

i always assumed it happened at the scene where Destiny Islands is first invaded in KH1. 

Sora finds Kairi in the secret place. The door explodes open and she collides into Sora and vanishes when she touches him. I figured it was at this moment that her heart took refuge inside Sora.

I was thinking about that scene as well. In my opinion, that scene makes more sense to me and it doesn't need anymore explaining.

No seriously I always have to ask because the game has no context at explaining this scene at all it just happens. How does Kairis heart get into Sora? why was she a ghost suddenly? how does the heart get transported? why would the heart leave her or was it her doing? I seriously don't firetrucking get it

Several things. First off it likely has something to do with the spell Aqua cast on Kairi, as while it mainly allowed her to appear in front of Sora on Destiny Islands when she was cast off Radiant Garden by Xehanort, it may have also made it so that her heart would be with someone who could keep her safe, Sora.

Another piece is Sora just unconsciously opening his heart to let Kairi's in, seeing as how he did it once already for Ven, he may have instinctually did it again for Kairi without knowing it.

As for the moment when it happened, it was at the part where the Islands are being destroyed, Sora runs into the Secret Place, finds Kairi standing in front of the door with lifeless eyes, the door opens, pushes her forward, he tries to catch/embrace her, only for Kairi to vanish as soon as she reaches him. It's at THAT moment that Kairi's heart enters Sora.

Why'd it happen? A stray Heartless must have gotten to her. She doesn't seem to play swords like everyone else does, so she probably didn't have any means to defend herself, not that those toys really did anything to help anyway, and those little buggers are tenacious, they would have gotten her eventually. The only reason she didn't disappear as soon as it happened like poor random guy from Traverse Town does later is because she is a Princess of Heart, her heart and body have special capabilities, so she was likely able to hold on until Sora arrived.

How does the heart get transported? It just DOES. Like it seriously just phases into the other person's being. They make this much more obvious in later games, with Xehanort and Ven's hearts physically phasing into Terra and Sora's bodies respectively, but with KH1 they were trying to be a bit more ambiguous with that (plus they didn't create the visual style to represent that yet anyway). This may have actually happened this way again in Birth by Sleep, as Xehanort discovers in Blank Points that Eraqus may have placed his own heart within Terra's. The only time he could have had to do this was in the moments that Xehanort struck him down. As Terra was about to embrace his fallen master, Eraqus disappeared right before touching him, kind of similar to what happens to Kairi in KH1...though more visually looking similar to what happens in Hollow Bastion later in KH1 (when Sora disappeared before Kairi could reach him...and no, he didn't go into her heart either). From that point on Eraqus may have been resting within Terra's heart, giving him the extra strength needed to resist Xehanort's influence.

Really it's not that hard of a thing to piece together. The last time Kairi was ever physically with Sora was in the Secret Place before she disappeared, so that was logically the only chance she would have had to move her heart into Sora's. Plus, she was in a real bad state at that time anyway, she kind of looked like she needed help, where as every other time Sora thinks he sees Kairi (her "ghost" as you keep calling it) she seems to be perfectly fine...because she is, within Sora. Sora is seeing Kairi because that is Kairi's way of talking to Sora from within his heart. It's not until Neverland that Sora actually sees her physical body, comatose without her heart present, but not able to turn into a Nobody because as a Princess she can't turn into a Heartless. Even within the context of the game alone by itself, you can easily tell that that was the moment Kairi entered Sora's heart, it just all adds up.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV