Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So now we know straight from the source that Xehanort wanted to find Ven in the Chamber of Waking at Castle Oblivion. I say that because I remember some people speculating that Terra still lived in Xehanort and that Terra wanted to find Ven. 

But why would Xehanort want Ven? Did he want to use him as a vessel? It'd be much easier considering that he actually has no heart within him. I don't really see any other reason though. Besides, Xehanort didn't show any interest in Ven except for the creation of the X-Blade since trying to use him like he used Terra didn't turn out right. 

No Terra lives in Terranort but his mind was separated.

Xehanort wants Ventus to create the X-Blade that is the only reason yes.

Yeah it is true that Terranort is Xehanort. But I believe that those will be separated aswell.

They are destined for the Keyblade Wars.

Edited by KH4Real

Ya know, wanting Ventus for a vessel is actually a pretty good theory! Like you said, his body is empty, and his heart resides within Sora.  Therefore, if Xehanort were to find Ventus's body devoid of a heart, it'd be perfect for a vessel! But Xehanort did mention that Ven was weak, and that he had to extract the darkness within him because of that weakness, so maybe just looking for him to forge the X-Blade was a good enough reason, since he probably wouldn't want to possess someone with a weak heart, ya know?

So now we know straight from the source that Xehanort wanted to find Ven in the Chamber of Waking at Castle Oblivion. I say that because I remember some people speculating that Terra still lived in Xehanort and that Terra wanted to find Ven. 

But why would Xehanort want Ven? Did he want to use him as a vessel? It'd be much easier considering that he actually has no heart within him. I don't really see any other reason though. Besides, Xehanort didn't show any interest in Ven except for the creation of the X-Blade since trying to use him like he used Terra didn't turn out right. 

At this point it likely IS for the purpose of making him a vessel. Remember, his original plan to make Ven the X-Blade was a rushed and flawed one, he admitted so himself. And at that time, he was only looking for a worthy vessel for his WHOLE HEART, not a small 1/13th of it. Ventus was likely not a worthy candidate to hold all of his dark power, he probably would have been overwhelmed, Terra was the only one who showed enough strength for that.

Now what's different about this plan is that Xehanort's new goal of gathering 12 other versions of himself (or people who would end up becoming turned into a version of himself) doesn't require that picky of a selection choice. Sora probably had even less potential for Darkness than Ventus did, and yet he still seemed to work as a candidate. So if Sora, who is clearly younger and less dark than Xehanort, can be deemed worthy as the 13th member of the Seekers of Darkness, then Ven now stands just a good a chance (well, "good" being a relative term here) of being considered for the same role, especially since Xehanort is aware that Ven is still comatose. All he need do is get his hands on him before Aqua and the others have a chance to, and he'd be ripe for the picking. What better asset to have for your Plan B to get the X-Blade than your original Plan A?