Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

If he hates standing out then why is his hair so mesmerizing?  0/*

I got ninja'd xD

I already like yusaku as a character (probably because he's channeling yusei x.x) but I'm still slightly disappointed in the way arc v turned out

I seriously can't wait for this show to air and what it will bring to the OCG/TCG. I'm pretty hyped!

I got ninja'd xD
I already like yusaku as a character (probably because he's channeling yusei x.x) but I'm still slightly disappointed in the way arc v turned out

Yeah Arc-V was enjoyable but it turned into a mess, honestly. Synchro Arc was too long, mainly. That caused a snowball effect for everything else. But I am still looking forward to how it's gonna end and how they'll wrap everything up within the next two months.

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki

If he hates standing out then why is his hair so mesmerizing? 0/*

You aren't the first person to make that joke, believe me xD

I got ninja'd xD

As Yuya said, synchro firetrucked everything up. And don't get me started on BB and 92.

Granted, I don't think is going to be similiar to ArcV in any way, Japan hate it lol.

And yeah, Yusaku didn't smile in any of the pics he is shown so far.

This appears to be akin to 5D's Link Monsters feel like that.

Plus his ace word isn't a 2500 monster which is akin to Yusei as well whos ace before Stardust was Junk Warrior.

This series I plan on watching I haven't watched Arc-V or Zexal but hey if this is as promising as 5D'S I'll love it.

Edited by TheKeyofRose

This appears to be akin to 5D's Link Monsters feel like that.

Plus his ace word isn't a 2500 monster which is akin to Yusei as well whos ace before Stardust was Junk Warrior.

This series I plan on watching I haven't watched Arc-V or Zexal but hey if this is as promising as 5D'S I'll love it.

Yeah it does seem to be heavily 5D's inspired, heck Yusaku is so much like Yusei- not only Decode Talker. got the same attack as Junk Warrior and even a similar effect,which boost attack based on how many monsters are linked to it(although better because of its ability to negate targeting effects by tributing a monster in its linked zone, and it isn't limited ), but they are both cool-headed and extremely clever. Both of them got skills outside of dueling-Yusaku is an hacker, and Yusei is a mechanic.

Speaking of which, I updated the OP with these details.

Looks like we have to wait for a female protagonist again.

Not really surprising, considering it is YGO.

The most focus we had for a female character was for Aki from 5D's, who, after the first 65 episodes, was turned into a cheerleader to allow Crow to become the tritagonist of the show so he could shill Blackwings, because Komoney.

After her, I believe it was for Asuka, who got some duels but got pretty much ignored rather quickly.

And more news:

Firstly, we got more details about Yusaku: " a hacker who has the sort of sharp mind that can solve mysteries."

So it seems Yusaku is  a hacker Sherlock, and will hack only for that purpose and not for any selfish reason. I am wondering if he is actually hired by the police or something or he just helps in solving mysteries illegally. 

Secondly, it seems that the duels this time will have a gimmick as well, like Riding Duels: "Just as there have been a variety of special duels in different worlds and times in series past, look forward to what new kinds of duels will take place!"

Don't worry though, I think we will get something more like riding duels that is limited and isn't an exploitable mess like Action Duels. Arc-V's ratings are amazingly low in Japan, so I doubt they are going to repeat that mistake again. 

Source: https://ygorganization.com/vrains-one-tiny-piece-info/

EDIT (24.3.17, also updated the OP):

We info on the people who are working on Arc-V:

Original Idea: Takahashi Kazuki & Studio Dice (Weekly Shonen Jump)
Director: 細田雅弘 Masahiro Hosoda (Directed “Virgin Fleet” and “Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods”)
Series Direction: 吉田伸 Yoshida Shin (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s 27 onwards and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)
Duel Compositon: 彦久保雅博 Masahiro Hikokubo
Character Design: 原憲一 Hara Kenichi
Sound Director: 松岡裕紀 Matsuoka Hiroki (Sound Director for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions)
Music: 光宗信吉 Mitsumune Shikichi (Speed Grapher, Familiar of Zero, Rozen Maiden)
Animation Studio: ぎゃろっぷ Gallop

We also know who Yusaku's voice actor is: Shouya Ishige. Here is a sample of his voice acting: http://img.stardust.co.jp/upload/banner/31/3137.1482730714.mp3

I am actually pretty happy with these. I really loved Battle of Gods, So the Director should be good. 5D's got really interesting after 27, and ZEXAL, aside from being very fillery at start(god why) with a protagonist that took a while to develop from an annoying brat, was amazing. It had my favourite rival too. Hara Kenichi's animation and character design is amazing(partly why the animation in ZEXAL was the series with the best animation). He also designed GX, which explains why Aoi's hair is so ordinary.

And no Kamishiro or Ono. Thank god for that.

Now, for info regarding the story itself:

So the "SOL Technology"(pretty much the Kaiba corp of this YGO universe), a VR space called "LINK VRAINS", and it became the popular way to duel(kinda like Riding Duels and Action Duels)

There is a mysterious hacking group, called The Knights of Hanoi, who want to destroy the AI World known as Cyberse that exist in the depths of the network.

So remember what I said earlier about Sherlock Yusaku? He is pretty much the duellist who oppose him. "Playmaker" became famous in the Network World for crushing the hacker group, without mentioning his name(confirming that his VR alias becomes famous and people can't tell that it is Yusaku). He pursues the Hacker Group in order to find the truth of an accident that happened in the past.

Also, VRAINS will air on May. However, there will be a weekly special in April, starting from the 5th, called YGO LABO which will take place on VRAINS settings.

And more news:

Firstly, we got more details about Yusaku: " a hacker who has the sort of sharp mind that can solve mysteries."

So it seems Yusaku is  a hacker Sherlock, and will hack only for that purpose and not for any selfish reason. I am wondering if he is actually hired by the police or something or he just helps in solving mysteries illegally. 

Secondly, it seems that the duels this time will have a gimmick as well, like Riding Duels: "Just as there have been a variety of special duels in different worlds and times in series past, look forward to what new kinds of duels will take place!"

Don't worry though, I think we will get something more like riding duels that is limited and isn't an exploitable mess like Action Duels. Arc-V's ratings are amazingly low in Japan, so I doubt they are going to repeat that mistake again. 

Source: https://ygorganization.com/vrains-one-tiny-piece-info/

EDIT (24.3.17, also updated the OP):

We info on the people who are working on Arc-V:

Original Idea: Takahashi Kazuki & Studio Dice (Weekly Shonen Jump)

Director: 細田雅弘 Masahiro Hosoda (Directed “Virgin Fleet” and “Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods”)

Series Direction: 吉田伸 Yoshida Shin (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s 27 onwards and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)

Duel Compositon: 彦久保雅博 Masahiro Hikokubo

Character Design: 原憲一 Hara Kenichi

Sound Director: 松岡裕紀 Matsuoka Hiroki (Sound Director for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions)

Music: 光宗信吉 Mitsumune Shikichi (Speed Grapher, Familiar of Zero, Rozen Maiden)

Animation Studio: ぎゃろっぷ Gallop

We also know who Yusaku's voice actor is: Takahashi Kazuki. Here is a sample of his voice acting: http://img.stardust.co.jp/upload/banner/31/3137.1482730714.mp3

I am actually pretty happy with these. I really loved Battle of Gods, So the Director should be good. 5D's got really interesting after 27, and ZEXAL, aside from being very fillery at start(god why) with a protagonist that took a while to develop from an annoying brat, was amazing. It had my favourite rival too. Hara Kenichi's animation and character design is amazing(partly why the animation in ZEXAL was the series with the best animation). He also designed GX, which explains why Aoi's hair is so ordinary.

And no Kamishiro or Ono. Thank god for that.

Now, for info regarding the story itself:

So the "SOL Technology"(pretty much the Kaiba corp of this YGO universe), a VR space called "LINK VRAINS", and it became the popular way to duel(kinda like Riding Duels and Action Duels)

There is a mysterious hacking group, called The Knights of Hanoi, who want to destroy the AI World known as Cyberse that exist in the depths of the network.

So remember what I said earlier about Sherlock Yusaku? He is pretty much the duellist who oppose him. "Playmaker" became famous in the Network World for crushing the hacker group, without mentioning his name(confirming that his VR alias becomes famous and people can't tell that it is Yusaku). He pursues the Hacker Group in order to find the truth of an accident that happened in the past.

Also, VRAINS will air on May. However, there will be a weekly special in April, starting from the 5th, called YGO LABO which will take place on VRAINS settings.

First thing that stood out to me was no Ono or Kamishiro so that's good. I also really loved Battle of Gods so that gives me really high hopes! Arc-V really lacked the dark elements that the other series had, specifically Zexal and 5D's. So I'm glad Yoshida & Masahiro can return Yugioh to that level again. Also, Yoshida screenwrote episode 151 of 5D's (where Yusei defeats Z-One) and 154 (finale) which is really awesome!

The plot really excites me as well. It looks like Yusaku will be a really good duelist at the start? I'm not sure about that, but he looks to be very promising nonetheless. :D

Peace!

So i am not sure how many people are actually reading this thread aside from Adam but...

To those of you that don't know, the first episode of VRAINS came out today. and it airs every Wed at 18:25 JST. 

I still didn't watch it since subs aren't out yet, but they should be out soon.

I'm gonna give my review on the first episode of VRains!

Overall, it was a great first episode with a lot of action. It seems the writers aren't fooling around and are delving straight into the plot which is great.

No duels in the first episode which is new for YGO. Interesting route.

Yusaku is savage and badarse. The scene where he roasted Naoki sorta reminds me of the scene in 17 Again where the bully was roasted. Also Yusaku reminds me a little of Shikamaru from Naruto lol

Aoi was a damsel in distress. It bothers me a little but it's only the first episode That might be redeemed later, hopefully.

Bishop is a very mysterious and intriguing character, probably the most interesting of the episode. I suspect he might have ties with the Knights of Hanoi. The chess symbolism reinforces this (knight, bishop)

The AI, Ignis (insert FFXV joke here), seems cool and funny. Tbh I don't mind his voice that much xD There were also multiple AIs at the start which a lot people have pointed out might go to other characters. Ignis might be the "chosen" AI.

We had a Zoodiac Hammerkong cameo which almost confirms other methods besides Links. Despite that, apparently there was a tuner in the first episode of Zexal and yet not a single Synchro appeared entirely. But since Links affect how extra deck spammy decks play, I think it's a good idea to include the other methods.

Again, really great epsiode and I'm looking forward to episode 2!

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki

First ep was great. Awesome way to start off a new series. Slightly disappointed there wasn't a duel, but at least the next episode kicks off with one.

Yusaku is a great character too. I just love intellectual characters.

Overall, it was a great first episode with a lot of action. It seems the writers aren't fooling around and are delving straight into the plot which is great.

Yusaku is savage and badarse. The scene where he roasted Naoki sorta reminds me of the scene in 17 Again where the bully was roasted. Also Yusaku reminds me a little of Shikamaru from Naruto lol

Aoi was a damsel in distress. It bothers me a little but it's only the first episode That might be redeemed later, hopefully.

Bishop is a very mysterious and intriguing character, probably the most interesting of the episode. I suspect he might have ties with the Knights of Hanoi. The chess symbolism reinforces this (knight, bishop)

The AI, Ignis (insert FFXV joke here), seems cool and funny. Tbh I don't mind his voice that much xD There were also multiple AIs at the start which a lot people have pointed out might go to other characters. Ignis might be the "chosen" AI.

We had a Zoodiac Hammerkong cameo which almost confirms other methods besides Links. Despite that, apparently there was a tuner in the first episode of Zexal and yet not a single Synchro appeared entirely. But since Links affect how extra deck spammy decks play, I think it's a good idea to include the other methods.

Peace!

Gotta love Bishop. Literally introduced to us as a bishop xD

I loved this first episode and can't wait for episode 2.  :smile:

First ep was great. Awesome way to start off a new series. Slightly disappointed there wasn't a duel, but at least the next episode kicks off with one.

Yusaku is a great character too. I just love intellectual characters.

Gotta love Bishop. Literally introduced to us as a bishop xD

No duel for the first episode IS different, I'll admit, but it just gets us pumped for next week when the duel starts.  :smile:

Yes! Gotta love Bishop! xD Also I hope that Aoi/Blue Angel becomes an independent person who doesn't need rescuing all of the time.

Edited by Keyblade101

Damn.

Easily my favourite YGO first episode. I came in with high expectations, yet it managed to still blow them out of the water.

It combined  what I loved about 5D's and Zexal's first episodes, from 5D's, we got the dark atmosphere filled with some action and introducing the protagonist really well ,and from ZEXAL we got the mysterious feel.

The pacing of the episode was amazing, especially the shifts from action to humour when needed. The animation was great, so much that you can easily notice that Playmaker's face looks different than Yusaku, which explains how people don't recognize him(Well, he made his first appearance to the world in the episode, so there is that, but I assume people still won't figure his identity after he wins the duel), in addition to the fact that he doesn't socialize much with anyone but Kusanagi.

Blue Angel's design looks much better animated, so much that I don't have issues with it anymore. It looks much better than the official art version.

Yusaku's conversation with Naoki introduced Yusaku's character almost perfectly. I loved how savage he was and that he didn't give a firetruck about anything that doesn't involve him, like the Charisma Duellists. The interactions with Kusanagi were great, it was so funny xD

Lastly, Ignis and Yusaku's relationship is pretty much the reverse of the usual spirit partner relationship we got in the other YGO series, it's great.

Peace!

To be fair, everyone else there pretty much got their accounts deleted.
Aoi would have been firetrucked if Playmaker didn't save her, but so would Go, it really isn't a bad treatment and she even got more screen time than Go lol.
I really believe people are just over-reacting to this. The whole situation was mainly just to give Playmaker a cool entrance, especially from in-universe view: Playmaker, who was never seen seen on screen before and got famous for giving so much trouble to KoH, so much that the charisma duellists are really interested in him, just made his first appearance when everyone's accounts are getting deleted to save the day.

The first episode also always solely focus on the protagonist and the rival/tritagonist. It is a miracle if the other important characters appear for more than 10 seconds.

Damn.

Easily my favourite YGO first episode. I came in with high expectations, yet it managed to still blow them out of the water.

It combined  what I loved about 5D's and Zexal's first episodes, from 5D's, we got the dark atmosphere filled with some action and introducing the protagonist really well ,and from ZEXAL we got the mysterious feel.

The pacing of the episode was amazing, especially the shifts from action to humour when needed. The animation was great, so much that you can easily notice that Playmaker's face looks different than Yusaku, which explains how people don't recognize him(Well, he made his first appearance to the world in the episode, so there is that, but I assume people still won't figure his identity after he wins the duel), in addition to the fact that he doesn't socialize much with anyone but Kusanagi.

Blue Angel's design looks much better animated, so much that I don't have issues with it anymore. It looks much better than the official art version.

Yusaku's conversation with Naoki introduced Yusaku's character almost perfectly. I loved how savage he was and that he didn't give a firetruck about anything that doesn't involve him, like the Charisma Duellists. The interactions with Kusanagi were great, it was so funny xD

Lastly, Ignis and Yusaku's relationship is pretty much the reverse of the usual spirit partner relationship we got in the other YGO series, it's great.

To be fair, everyone else there pretty much got their accounts deleted.

Aoi would have been firetrucked if Playmaker didn't save her, but so would Go, it really isn't a bad treatment and she even got more screen time than Go lol.

I really believe people are just over-reacting to this. The whole situation was mainly just to give Playmaker a cool entrance, especially from in-universe view: Playmaker, who was never seen seen on screen before and got famous for giving so much trouble to KoH, so much that the charisma duellists are really interested in him, just made his first appearance when everyone's accounts are getting deleted to save the day.

The first episode also always solely focus on the protagonist and the rival/tritagonist. It is a miracle if the other important characters appear for more than 10 seconds.

To think people are bitching about Aoi's role in this ep. She practically got no real lines or screentime for more than a minute. Not fair really. Like you said, the main focus of this ep was Yusaku and the antagonists. Saying Aoi got a shit role is invalid

To think people are bitching about Aoi's role in this ep. She practically got no real lines or screentime for more than a minute. Not fair really. Like you said, the main focus of this ep was Yusaku and the antagonists. Saying Aoi got a shit role is invalid

And it has shown the other characters a lot more better than the other series, here are the important characters who got introduced in each series first episode and aren't the rival or the protag's first opponent, even if it was just for a couple of seconds:

GX- Sho. We also got a foreshadowing of Yugi vs Judai, but I don't count Yugi since he is from DM.

5D's-Rally. Was shown a couple few times after episode 64, so he isn't even that important. 5D's has a lack of interesting characters, really.

ZEXAL- Astral in the end of the episode. And you could argue he shares the role of the protagonist with Yuma. 

Arc-V: Gong and Yuzu. Both of them didn't do much in the first episode.

VRAINS: Kusanagi, Akira, Bishop, Revovler, Specter, Go and Aoi...

And it has shown the other characters a lot more better than the other series, here are the important characters who got introduced in each series first episode and aren't the rival or the protag's first opponent, even if it was just for a couple of seconds:

GX- Sho. We also got a foreshadowing of Yugi vs Judai, but I don't count Yugi since he is from DM.

5D's-Rally. Was shown a couple few times after episode 64, so he isn't even that important. 5D's has a lack of interesting characters, really.

ZEXAL- Astral in the end of the episode. And you could argue he shares the role of the protagonist with Yuma. 

Arc-V: Gong and Yuzu. Both of them didn't do much in the first episode.

VRAINS: Kusanagi, Akira, Bishop, Revovler, Specter, Go and Aoi...

What's more, VRAINS went straight to the point of what this series is going to be about

Arc-V took forever

So did the original, at least in the manga

Not sure about the others, still need to catch up on them xD

What's more, VRAINS went straight to the point of what this series is going to be about

Arc-V took forever

So did the original, at least in the manga

Not sure about the others, still need to catch up on them xD

That was great, I loved it. None of the other series got so much plot content in their first episode.