Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Agreed. Love the Roboppy and Ignis scene! I can see them becoming the next Orbital 7 and Lilybot (Zexal)  :smile:

I feel so sorry for Yusaku's living situation: the condition that apartment is in looks horrible.

Yugioh, where bot romance is the best romance.

And yeah, makes me wonder how he and Kusanagi managed to get all that tech in the hot dog van...

Eh, Yusaku is probably too lazy to fix the house cm.gif

Yugioh, where bot romance is the best romance.

And yeah, makes me wonder how he and Kusanagi managed to get all that tech in the hot dog van...

Eh, Yusaku is probably too lazy to fix the house cm.gif

Maybe Yusaku and Kusanagi do jobs for people that include them hacking and getting information for their clients or something? I honestly have no idea how they could possibly afford all of that tech

There's so much tension towards the end of this episode, but it's way too obvious that he's going to activate his trap card next turn.

That RoboXIgnis scene was quite crude until you see what was really happening xD

Go being the fake Hanoi was super predicable though, I had that feeling from watching the previous episode.

And holy crap, I like Yusaku even more now, he's super smart and analytical. Characters like that are the best imo

Now that it's official, great news everyone!

VRAINS will now start being simulcasted on Crunchyroll. The first four episodes are now available for streaming on Crunchyroll!

After checking it, the time for the official subs release is contradicting itself, so I guess we will have to wait until episode 5 to find out(https://twitter.com/maidendays/status/870485749895798784)

My biggest worry is the subs quality though. I just hope the subs will be good this time. Arc-V's subs used the dumb on-screen names for characters, and had some 4Kmedia-ish terms(Arc-area project=Aquaria Project, go figure) 

There's so much tension towards the end of this episode, but it's way too obvious that he's going to activate his trap card next turn.

That RoboXIgnis scene was quite crude until you see what was really happening xD

Go being the fake Hanoi was super predicable though, I had that feeling from watching the previous episode.

And holy crap, I like Yusaku even more now, he's super smart and analytical. Characters like that are the best imo

And it's obviously 3-Strike-Barrier. Calling it now, it will be his new favourite card xD

And I agree, smart and analytical characters are great, especially when they don't mind being assholes like Yusaku xD

VRAINS will now start being simulcasted on Crunchyroll. The first four episodes are now available for streaming on Crunchyroll!

It pretty much means that we don't have to wait for subs anymore. The episodes air in Japan in 9:25 GMT+0 in Wednesdays.

My biggest worry is the subs quality though. I just hope the subs will be good this time. Arc-V's subs used the dumb on-screen names for characters, and had some 4Kmedia-ish terms(Arc-area project=Aquaria Project, go figure) 

And it's obviously 3-Strike-Barrier. Calling it now, it will be his new favourite card xD

And I agree, smart and analytical characters are great, especially when they don't mind being assholes like Yusaku xD

Obviously not available for Straya though xD

It's hard for us to support official releases of these things :/

The number 3 looks like it's going to be a running gag in this show. "3 things" "3 link summon" "3 strike barrier"

Obviously not available for Straya though xD

It's hard for us to support official releases of these things :/

The number 3 looks like it's going to be a running gag in this show. "3 things" "3 link summon" "3 strike barrier"

Same issue I had with Crunchyroll and DBS. If you want us to support you, at least allow us to do so xD

Well we can probably use VPN to trick the location BS

Yeah, and I love it. YGO protags always have signature cards to avoid damage(Kuriboh for Atem/Yugi, Winged Kuriboh for Judai, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow for Yusei, Rainbow for Yuma, and Evasion(LOL) for Yuya), and considering it fits with the 3 running gag, it is obviously going to be Three-Strikes Barrier.

Same issue I had with Crunchyroll and DBS. If you want us to support you, at least allow us to do so xD

Well we can probably use VPN to trick the location BS

Yeah, and I love it. YGO protags always have signature cards to avoid damage(Kuriboh for Atem/Yugi, Winged Kuriboh for Judai, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow for Yusei, Rainbow for Yuma, and Evasion(LOL) for Yuya), and considering it fits with the 3 running gag, it is obviously going to be Three-Strikes Barrier.

Yeah, and you got companies bitching about piracy

Well, of course consumers are going to pirate if you don't make your product available in that region.

It pretty much means that we don't have to wait for subs anymore. The episodes air in Japan in 9:25 GMT+0 in Wednesdays.

First of all, this is good news if it means subs coming out quicker on other sites. But it sucks Australia doesn't get the Simulcast :/ however if the subs are subpar like some have claimed (actually it was just one person but still lol) then I'm not too worried.

Second, my review:

Three-Strike-Barrier will be like Yusei's Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, I bet xD

I saw the Roboppy X Ignis scene and thought "I'm still watching Yu-Gi-Oh, right?" xD Cannot believe that was thrown in there.

The duel has been enjoyable so far, Go's Link summon was greaaaaaaaaaaaaat :D I always get excited for Link summons in the anime. And I really like Linkslayer as well.

I felt so bad for Go, I really did.

Peace!

First of all, this is good news if it means subs coming out quicker on other sites. But it sucks Australia doesn't get the Simulcast :/ however if the subs are subpar like some have claimed (actually it was just one person but still lol) then I'm not too worried.

Second, my review:

I saw the Roboppy X Ignis scene and thought "I'm still watching Yu-Gi-Oh, right?" xD Cannot believe that was thrown in there.

The duel has been enjoyable so far, Go's Link summon was greaaaaaaaaaaaaat :D I always get excited for Link summons in the anime. And I really like Linkslayer as well.

Peace!

Copying from me, are you? :P

Too bad for him that Yusaku is gonna kick his ass

Second, my review:

Peace!

Yeah and too bad that AnimeLab won't have it

Heck, they don't even have the first five arcs :<

And Go is really sweet owo

Holy shit that episode was amazing

Yusaku Link summoning 4 times was awesome, seriously. I expected him to summon a bunch of Link Monsters much later, nowhere near that early.

Yusaku truly enjoyed the duel and he even smiled. He also got respect for Go from the duel, which is why he refused to quit, and I really liked it. I loved that his reasoning for refusing to ask Go help against the fight against Hanoi was not from thinking that he won't suffice, but because Go's dueling style doesn't fit a life-or-death duels(Did they just do another Arc-V jab?). His development reminds me of Judai's in S4. This entertainment duel was more enjoyable than most(if not all) of Arc-V's Egao duels for me. 

Also, I was surprised that Yusaku's trap wasn't Three-Strikes Barrier, though I knew what he is going to do with the 100 LP. Speaking of which, Yusaku's "pulling card out of nowhere" being a skill is great. It avoids the cliche of "using a superpower to get a card that the protag never had before in the deck"(and sometimes they just add them to the top of the deck out of nowhere and not the extra deck...) like with the ZEXAL form or the dragon mark. Here it is legitimately legal, even if it is considered in-universe to be the most powerful and rare skill, it is still fair since it is his skill.

Ignis inability to understand Yusaku/Go's emotions was hilarious.

From the preview, Yusaku figured out Aoi's identity, and it looks like Akira is asking from Aoi to defeat Playmaker. They are going with Aoi using the VR world as an escape mechanism, which is what I hoped to be the case.

Overall, I enjoyed the duel more than the previous one, which means a lot because I loved that duel as well.

Holy shit that episode was amazing

Yusaku Link summoning 4 times was awesome, seriously. I expected him to summon a bunch of Link Monsters much later, nowhere near that early.

Yusaku truly enjoyed the duel and he even smiled. He also got respect for Go from the duel, which is why he refused to quit, and I really liked it. I loved that his reasoning for refusing to ask Go help against the fight against Hanoi was not from thinking that he won't suffice, but because Go's dueling style doesn't fit a life-or-death duels(Did they just do another Arc-V jab?). His development reminds me of Judai's in S4. This entertainment duel was more enjoyable than most(if not all) of Arc-V's Egao duels for me. 

Also, I was surprised that Yusaku's trap wasn't Three-Strikes Barrier, though I knew what he is going to do with the 100 LP. Speaking of which, Yusaku's "pulling card out of nowhere" being a skill is great. It avoids the cliche of "using a superpower to get a card that the protag never had before in the deck"(and sometimes they just add them to the top of the deck out of nowhere and not the extra deck...) like with the ZEXAL form or the dragon mark. Here it is legitimately legal, even if it is considered in-universe to be the most powerful and rare skill, it is still fair since it is his skill.

Ignis inability to understand Yusaku/Go's emotions was hilarious.

From the preview, Yusaku figured out Aoi's identity, and it looks like Akira is asking from Aoi to defeat Playmaker. They are going with Aoi using the VR world as an escape mechanism, which is what I hoped to be the case.

Overall, I enjoyed the duel more than the previous one, which means a lot because I loved that duel as well.

Geez! 4 Link Summons in a row! Can you imagine how old that summoning chant would get for the voice actor after already having to rehearse it so many times just to get it right and then saying it again 4 times in a row?! Also Ignis is once again the king of comedy in VRAINS! :biggrin:

And Yusaku maybe knowing that Aoi is Blue Angel already? Can't wait for the next episode!!!! PLEASE make Aoi/Blue Angel a strong independent person throughout the WHOLE SHOW and not just a small part of it!!!

Edited by Yusaku Fujicookie
Fixed spoiler tag.

Well, this episode was funny af and Yusaku was so adorable too.

Everyone roasting Yusaku, and especially Kusanagi was hilarious. He was like "can you see this nerd talking to a girl? LMAO!" And then we have Yusaku looking at her neck and hesitating when he talked to her rofl

I loved how Yusaku's dummy deck is a duel links deck. That was a nice reference.

Yusaku getting annoyed by the reactions for his refusal to the challenge was funny too.

Akira is as rich as firetruck, and I wonder about his reaction after Aoi will lose the duel and might get injured and seeing her brainwashed by Hanoi.

I did not expect the brainwashing to happen this early, but I guess it is better early than near the end of the show.

Specter is creepy af and I absolutely love it.

Hopefully the duel next episode lasts one episode, because of the break after episode 7. I hate it when there is a break in the middle of a 2 episode duel...

Everyone roasting Yusaku, and especially Kusanagi was hilarious. He was like "can you see this nerd talking to a girl? LMAO!" And then we have Yusaku looking at her neck and hesitating when he talked to her rofl

I loved how Yusaku's dummy deck is a duel links deck. That was a nice reference.

Yusaku getting annoyed by the reactions for his refusal to the challenge was funny too.

Akira is as rich as firetruck, and I wonder about his reaction after Aoi will lose the duel and might get injured and seeing her brainwashed by Hanoi.

I did not expect the brainwashing to happen this early, but I guess it is better early than near the end of the show.

Hopefully the duel next episode lasts one episode, because of the break after episode 7. I hate it when there is a break in the middle of a 2 episode duel...

Yep, new episode was good and quality remains consistent.

Poor Yusaku looked so innocent when Kusanagi said he can't talk to girls xD

And Yusaku just ignoring Ignis is awesome

If he continues to do that, he'll get himself into trouble

Which would make for some good plot if done correctly

Also, it's hilarious that Ignis is hitting on the other duel disks xD

So much for an AI performing logical tasks owo

Other than that, there's not much to say about this episode

The "3 things" is a nice character trait for Yusaku

I totally agree with you on Yusaku and Ignis and Kusanagi roasting Yusaku; it was so hilarious! xD And Yusaku having the Duel Links deck was indeed a nice reference to the game, as well as a nice cover so no one will realize he's Playmaker.

Now onto Aoi: Am I the only one who thought she was a bit creepy when she was her real self at her house? Seriously, when she was talking to Akira she sounded like she was basically a robot, and when she went "Into the VRAINS" she looked like a mindless zombie there!!!!  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

Edited by Keyblade101

Well that was an amazing episode.

So to start with, it is nice to see a speed duel that finally feels fast paced. I didn't had issues about it in the previous duels, but I did want to see a fast paced speed duel, so there is that. The link summoning animation was also shortened this time and were pretty short, and I am glad for that.

Akira and Aoi's character establishment was great. The brainwashing trope was actually refreshing this time and was more of a berserk mode rather than the usual brainwashing, and I honestly didn't expect that. 

The OST was amazing and reminded me why I loved DM/DSOD's OST so much.

My only nitpick is that Aoi's skill is completely trash. It basically gives the opponent a Card of Demise without any of the costs only to deal some burn damage which can easily be dealt with(either by negating the monster's effect or by using an effect against the burn damage, like Yusaku did) 

As for the preview...Yusaku is even more angry at Hanoi than before. I like how much of an anti-hero he is. This is gonna get good.

So to start with, it is nice to see a speed duel that finally feels fast paced. I didn't had issues about it in the previous duels, but I did want to see a fast paced speed duel, so there is that. The link summoning animation was also shortened this time and were pretty short, and I am glad for that.

Akira and Aoi's character establishment was great. The brainwashing trope was actually refreshing this time and was more of a berserk mode rather than the usual brainwashing, and I honestly didn't expect that. 

My only nitpick is that Aoi's skill is completely trash. It basically gives the opponent a Card of Demise without any of the costs only to deal some burn damage which can easily be dealt with(either by negating the monster's effect or by using an effect against the burn damage, like Yusaku did) 

As for the preview...Yusaku is even more angry at Hanoi than before. I like how much of an anti-hero he is. This is gonna get good.

Yeah, new ep was crazy and amazing

They're not fooling around with this series

I agree with everything about the character establishment and the OST. :smile: BTW, I was a bit scared for Aoi when she started going berserk, and I agree that this series' spin on the brainwashing felt refreshing as you could see Aoi trying to hold on to who she is until finally succumbing to the Hanoi's hold. I can't wait for next week's episode! 

Screw the internet for its memes.

Although I predicted a lot of things that happened in the episode, it is still great

-So yeah, Rev's talk about the internet was pretty funny, though I expected him to have a good reasons for what he is doing. Doesn't make it any less interesting though. 
-Rev's skill being Storm Access. It was heavily hinted in the previous episode, and the similarity between him and Yusaku( for example, both have the Link Sense). I love how Yusaku knew it as well xD

Though I hope he will switch his skill soon, since I don't want everyone using the same skill. I do hope that Yusaku will get other skills along the way as well. 

-And that cliffhanger, Yusaku will probably use Link Restart, it fits the situation perfectly(And gives him back Decode Talker so he can summon Firewall)  

-No Vullets so far. This is another "this isn't my real deck" case isn't it?

-The OST is amazing, so many new themes in this episode. Can't wait for the sound duel to be released already...

Preview:
-Finally, a master duel. Can't wait.

-Looks like the duel will end in a draw after Yusaku will use Storm Access and then they master duel again. 

-Hopefully we will get Revolver's identity soon.

Screw the internet for its memes.

Although I predicted a lot of things that happened in the episode, it is still great
-So yeah, Rev's talk about the internet was pretty funny, though I expected him to have a good reasons for what he is doing. Doesn't make it any less interesting though.
-Rev's skill being Storm Access. It was heavily hinted in the previous episode, and the similarity between him and Yusaku( for example, both have the Link Sense). I love how Yusaku knew it as well xD
Though I hope he will switch his skill soon, since I don't want everyone using the same skill. I do hope that Yusaku will get other skills along the way as well.
-And that cliffhanger, Yusaku will probably use Link Restart, it fits the situation perfectly(And gives him back Decode Talker so he can summon Firewall)
-No Vullets so far. This is another "this isn't my real deck" case isn't it?
-The OST is amazing, so many new themes in this episode. Can't wait for the sound duel to be released already...

Preview:
-Finally, a master duel. Can't wait.
-Looks like the duel will end in a draw after Yusaku will use Storm Access and then they master duel again.
-Hopefully we will get Revolver's identity soon.

Such a great two episodes! Akira is terrifying when it comes to avenging Aoi! 0.0 And Revolver! Oh Revolver! Where to begin with this guy! He can control the Data Storm and has the exact same Skill as Yusaku/Playmaker! And he wants to basically destroy the entire internet! And also, next episode's preview! Can't wait for the return of Master Duels! I REALLY hope Yusaku gets Firewall Dragon during this duel! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

What an AMAZING last few episodes! Both of Yusaku's duels against Revolver were amazing! Firewall Dragon looks absolutely AWESOME!! It looks like Revolver may have an idea of what is going on with Yusaku and what happened 10 years ago! Aoi is finally awake and we had a heartfelt reunion between her and Akira! The Chess Pieces are looking more and more last the main bad guys every time they show up! And Ignis got his body back (although he's the size of a mouse! xD)!

Time to review dis duel

Overall my favourite duel. Plenty of plot details, but the duel writing was great and refreshing, something that I missed in the past two shows. I loved all the graveyard effects Yusaku's traps had, especially since Firewall can't do anything to Vullets. The only thing I somewhat dislike was that the prison field spell had a shitton effects. 

Revolver is probably the courage dude so that's nice. I don't mind that Yusaku OTK'd him honestly, though I wonder how they will handle the rematch
Akira gonna get fired, and I wonder who his replacement is.
Ema...Idk, she might be working for Akira to investigate about the incident, or she might be working for the Hanoi/Chess pieces. She didn't visit them just to buy a hot dog though, that's for sure