Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Square Enix lists a new job opening for Kingdom Hearts III

Square Enix Japan's 3rd Business Division has listed a new job opening for Kingdom Hearts III on their website for the role of a System Programmer.

Translations for this new job description will be made available soon. What do you think of this new job listing? Let us know!

UPDATE: The job description has been translated thanks to Goldpanner!

#3BD: System Programmer

【Job Description】

Developing, optimising and maintaining systems necessary during development of the game Kingdom Hearts III.

Responsibilities:

Development of game systems to support a 3D action game

Optimisation of all kinds of performance

Maintaining the test environment

Employment type: Contract employee (with potential to be promoted to regular employee)

【Conditions】

Hours: Flex time.

Holidays and time off: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, period of New Year's, annual paid leave (※3 days upon starting work, 7 days after 6 months), summer vacation, bereavement leave etc.

Salary: Will take into consideration experience and skill, regardless of age, according to company regulations. Will also take into consideration each time skill and results demonstrated as necessary after joining.

Support/welfare programme: Travel expenses covered, complete social insurance, corporate health insurance association, physical examinations

【Required skills and experience】

Practical experience developing programs with C++

System development experience

3 years or more experience with game development or equivalent

【Welcomed skills and experience】

Practical experience game programming for high end consoles

Experience developing 3D action games

Experience developing with Unreal Engine

Maths and/or physics knowledge

Click here to view the article

You're right I'm done release March 2018 seems unlikely.

I'm still not confident in 2019 to be honest

It's not the types of jobs that are being listed that is making me curious, it's the fact that years later, from when they first announced KH3, they are STILL having job listings for the project.

When I looked through the listings, only a few were actually for KH3, when you click them a couple were just general BD3 things. Also there was a cut scene designer job listing, something we covered at the end of 2015 in one of our articles http://kh13.com/news/square-enix-third-business-division-are-hiring-again-for-kingdom-hearts-iii. That listing has been around since 2015... But it doesn't mean they don't have them however, they can bring in people from other divisions.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

I'm okay with this. It means more help and considering that a lighting artist usually comes around post production it gives me hope for 2018, late 2018 to be exact.

This can mean many things, they didnt have anyone in these positions and theyre lookin to fill them now, OR it means that they already had these positions filled and are looking for more people to speed things up, dont get all negative right off the bat people be positive, im sticking with March 2018 release :)

Yeeeeeaaaah laaaaaate 2019, but I'm close to saying 2020.

This can mean many things, they didnt have anyone in these positions and theyre lookin to fill them now, OR it means that they already had these positions filled and are looking for more people to speed things up, dont get all negative right off the bat people be positive, im sticking with March 2018 release :)

Que everyone freaking out that the game will never come out.  People it's not like only one person will be doing those jobs they will be part of a team and other people will be doing the stuff as well they just need more people

They have been hiring for lighting since the game was announced, how many people do they need.

Plus, I think this is the second time they wanted someone for system work, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for showing this to us, Master Kenpachi!

Ah, so, a System Programmer is being posted as the job opening, eh? Well everyone, don't freak out! Remember that things take time, and development has to go through many steps, especially considering that Kingdom Hearts III is a big deal! With such a big game, Nomura wants to ensure that it's as close to perfection as possible! I'm sure there's no reason for us to worry!  I'm still confident that we may still get the game by next year! :)

I find 2019 to be a bit of an exaggeration. I'd say November 2018 at the latest. KH3 has been in development for a while after all. I don't think we can judge by job listings but rather by progress. We haven't been given any trailers or screenshots in a while though, but we should be getting them soon.

You're right I'm done release March 2018 seems unlikely.

That would be the earliest. There was no confirmation anyway.

Ah, so, a System Programmer is being posted as the job opening, eh? Well everyone, don't freak out! Remember that things take time, and development has to go through many steps, especially considering that Kingdom Hearts III is a big deal! With such a big game, Nomura wants to ensure that it's as close to perfection as possible! I'm sure there's no reason for us to worry!  I'm still confident that we may still get the game by next year! :)

I find 2019 to be a bit of an exaggeration. I'd say November 2018 at the latest. KH3 has been in development for a while after all. I don't think we can judge by job listings but rather by progress. We haven't been given any trailers or screenshots in a while though, but we should be getting them soon.

That would be the earliest. There was no confirmation anyway.

Honestly, 2018 still sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Saying that it won't even come out in 2019 is just plain overreacting. Guys, this isn't another XV, they've been making actual progress with this title in a much shorter time frame than that game ever did in twice the time. Really if they still had like 30 job positions available, I would be more concerned. The fact that they're looking for one additional person right now feels more like one additional stepping stone was placed in front of us rather than 16 or whatever. Yeah games take take time to develop properly, but they don't usually take that long either, not when they're taking the steps that this title has been taking so far. I'd say for a guy who has to juggle multiple projects at once on any given year, Nomura has been doing us plenty of favors lately, so there's little reason to freak out about one job opening being listed right now.

go to the credits of any game, im sure theres plenty of people in the "Lighting" section

The MoM can see the future, we should all just listen to him xD

Are there really people that think that because 1 job opens up that means that the game is going to be delayed 1-2 years?  Seriously???  Thats absurd.  People need to take a chill pill.  This is a HUGE project and they will be looking for more help throughout the entire process, plus Nomura already said recently that the game is progressing.  Calm down people

Still thinking 2018. You can not determine a release date for a game based off of job listings. They most likely are looking for people to just speed it up, maybe cause it is almost done and they want it done sooner, or they are a bit behind. Either way, nothing can be concluded based off of the listing, so people who are worrying, I would not just yet.

go to the credits of any game, im sure theres plenty of people in the "Lighting" section

The MoM can see the future, we should all just listen to him xD

Thank you for your faith in me, good sir! :P

But yes, let's hope we get some new information soon! :)