Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Criticism is fine, of course. But the video is not much criticsm, which is not surprising since he had zero motivation to play the game. Personally I don't get why he even made the video, but that's none of my business. People can do what they want. But when you make a video where you're hating on a game, then what do you expect? Sure people could have made points, telling him why they do like the game. But he didn't do that either... so yeah.

I will again say that people disagreeing with the video is not of consequence, but you don't see any comments like "The reason you had so much difficulty with the boss is because you were playing like blank even though you chose the blank class at the beginning of the game, and if you hadn't done that you would not have been nearly this frustrated", or "you're under-leveled and under-equipped, and all this crap being thrown at you would have been peanuts if you just prepared properly" or even "hey this video is too long and redundant!". Any of those might have been valid points. There's plenty of room to make me feel like an idiot too. Instead it's just "I see that you dislike my favorite game, thumbs down" or "this video is bad!". I'll also say that this video wasn't a review, it's a video that shows why I hated this game as a montage of a Twitch stream I did. You're also assuming I had anything nice to say about the game, which I do, but the point of the video was not to break down the pros and cons of the game, it was to show why it was so frustrating to play for anyone who didn't think that anything else the game had to offer was enough to justify what was horrendous about it.

Also, no criticism? Did I have to outright say what was bad about it even though I clipped together every terrible thing that was thrown at me during that boss segment? The camera issues? The game throwing a weird mechanic at me in the middle of a fight that didn't make any apparent sense? The tedious 5+ phase boss fight that acted as a giant filler? The camera lock problems? Sora going out of his way to jump into danger and away from the thing you're trying to hit? The laser beams that spawn constantly and serve only to delay the battle? The boring tactics used by the boss? The game using an ability that depletes your mana bar but doesn't make any effort to inform you that that's why your mana bar is suddenly empty? No instruction booklet to refer to in or out of the game to look up game mechanics? Enemies clipping through scenery and being positioned in places that make Sora's unreasonably wide swings bash off of said scenery instead of letting me focus on strategy and basic positioning? Attacks that force you to wait instead of react? Do I need to explain all of this?!

As much as some blind fanboys need to deal with criticism- people who are just ranting negative things need to accept that others will see things differently and will not agree with them. The moment you post this on social media for everyone to see and read, you open yourself up to responses. Behavior issues arise from both sides of the fence here and how you say something attributes to the outcome most of the time..Having the right to a negative opinion does not afford you the right to treat others opinions like crap or vice versa. Because then- it makes that person a hypocrite.

There's a big difference between not having the same opinion as someone and just outright flaming them because they don't share it. I'm tired of people justifying that because something harshly criticizes something they don't like, that just getting upset about it is rational. It isn't. I think people who are incapable of telling me why my video is bad, whether or not they do, probably aren't disliking it for the right reasons.

I will again say that people disagreeing with the video is not of consequence, but you don't see any comments like "The reason you had so much difficulty with the boss is because you were playing like blank even though you chose the blank class at the beginning of the game, and if you hadn't done that you would not have been nearly this frustrated", or "you're under-leveled and under-equipped, and all this crap being thrown at you would have been peanuts if you just prepared properly" or even "hey this video is too long and redundant!". Any of those might have been valid points. There's plenty of room to make me feel like an idiot too. Instead it's just "I see that you dislike my favorite game, thumbs down" or "this video is bad!". I'll also say that this video wasn't a review, it's a video that shows why I hated this game as a montage of a Twitch stream I did. You're also assuming I had anything nice to say about the game, which I do, but the point of the video was not to break down the pros and cons of the game, it was to show why it was so frustrating to play for anyone who didn't think that anything else the game had to offer was enough to justify what was horrendous about it.

Also, no criticism? Did I have to outright say what was bad about it even though I clipped together every terrible thing that was thrown at me during that boss segment? The camera issues? The game throwing a weird mechanic at me in the middle of a fight that didn't make any apparent sense? The tedious 5+ phase boss fight that acted as a giant filler? The camera lock problems? Sora going out of his way to jump into danger and away from the thing you're trying to hit? The laser beams that spawn constantly and serve only to delay the battle? The boring tactics used by the boss? The game using an ability that depletes your mana bar but doesn't make any effort to inform you that that's why your mana bar is suddenly empty? No instruction booklet to refer to in or out of the game to look up game mechanics? Enemies clipping through scenery and being positioned in places that make Sora's unreasonably wide swings bash off of said scenery instead of letting me focus on strategy and basic positioning? Attacks that force you to wait instead of react? Do I need to explain all of this?!

There's a big difference between not having the same opinion as someone and just outright flaming them because they don't share it. I'm tired of people justifying that because something harshly criticizes something they don't like, that just getting upset about it is rational. It isn't. I think people who are incapable of telling me why my video is bad, whether or not they do, probably aren't disliking it for the right reasons.

You wrote the game sucks in the description. Of course people won't give you any advises or valid points then. It's the internet, people use it to get rid of anger, that's obvious.

I don't say those comments are right, cause I'm not the kind of guy who does that. I just said when you're posting such a video it's obvious that people will hate it. It's a rant video.

I'm not talking about the content, cause we all got different opinions. But it feels like you were annoyed by even playing it, so you sometimes were exaggerating. In my opinion.

My point is, it's a rant video. Not expecting people to bash it is wishful thinking. And it's not like you got hundreds of negative comments on it. A few people don't speak for the whole community.

I think you completely missed the point of my post that for 1 - was talking to someone else, and 2- My point was that there was bad behavior on both sides of the fence here on this site and fandom and it wasn't just a case of this whole fandom being one giant fanboy. Plenty of us criticize it here on a daily basis including myself. What he was saying was not how this whole site is or how the whole fandom is. If you read my post you would've also read I pointed out that having the right to an opinion whether negative or positive doesn't mean you can treat people like crap either.

You are also saying people aren't rational for getting upset at your video but then it shouldn't be rational for you getting upset that they are upset, right?

Also when you post negativity it tends to attract negativity.

This conversation has gone into too many different directions for me to really explore in a reasonable timeframe, so I'm going to reign it in a bit.

• I came to this thread to find out if the whole KH community acted like the people who reacted to my youtube video and my Twitch playthrough of KH 1.5. That theory was false, so hooray!
  • There are people here who think I'm complaining about my video being disliked. That's also false.

You can like or dislike my opinion about Kingdom Hearts 1, and you can think my video is overly "negative", implying that negative somehow equals bad, or that I should accept that people will shit on the video because it's also shitting on someone's beloved video game. What I'd like to know, however, is if people here think the general reaction to a video like this is normal for the typical community and if the answer to that question is "no", I want to know what it is about Kingdom Hearts in particular generates this kind of extreme response in Kingdom Hearts fans. If anyone here thinks unfavorably of Kingdom Hearts 1 but still loves the game, I'd like to hear why.

This conversation has gone into too many different directions for me to really explore in a reasonable timeframe, so I'm going to reign it in a bit.

• I came to this thread to find out if the whole KH community acted like the people who reacted to my youtube video and my Twitch playthrough of KH 1.5. That theory was false, so hooray!
  • There are people here who think I'm complaining about my video being disliked. That's also false.

You can like or dislike my opinion about Kingdom Hearts 1, and you can think my video is overly "negative", implying that negative somehow equals bad, or that I should accept that people will shit on the video because it's also shitting on someone's beloved video game. What I'd like to know, however, is if people here think the general reaction to a video like this is normal for the typical community and if the answer to that question is "no", I want to know what it is about Kingdom Hearts in particular generates this kind of extreme response in Kingdom Hearts fans. If anyone here thinks unfavorably of Kingdom Hearts 1 but still loves the game, I'd like to hear why.

The Youtube community comments can sometimes be cancerous in general no matter what topic/game/issue the video is about most of the time. Some people are rude and also purposely troll and you have to keep that in mind when reading comments on YouTube. I never talk about anything I care about on YouTube comments for that reason. There are some keyboard warriors that use the internetz to be jerks on purpose and I find it difficult to take it seriously. We would never allow the rudeness and foul behavior here on the KH13 forums when discussing anything.

For the record, KH1 is prolly one of my least favorite gameplay wise, and I am prolly in the minority on that opinion too lulz. (My favorites being KH2 and BBS.)

Lea summed it up pretty much. But I wanna add something.

Most people (if not all) who watched your video are fans of Kingdom Hearts. Because those who don't like it just move on and have no interest in watching a video about it.

Half of the people who did watch it just ignore it, cause they're civilised. The other half are jerks and make comments.

Happens with every community, every game, movie, singer and so on.

So your question "what is it about Kingdom Hearts that generates..." is pointless. It's nothing about Kingdom Hearts, it's about the internet.

I do like KH1, but I like KH2 and DDD more. The combo in KH1 is boring, compared to other titles, and the characters are kinda dull. They just lack personality, imo.

But I love the game because of the great music, some really awesome moments that gave me feels (Sora sacrifice) and partly nostalgia I'd say.

Lea summed it up pretty much. But I wanna add something.

Most people (if not all) who watched your video are fans of Kingdom Hearts. Because those who don't like it just move on and have no interest in watching a video about it.

Half of the people who did watch it just ignore it, cause they're civilised. The other half are jerks and make comments.

Happens with every community, every game, movie, singer and so on.

So your question "what is it about Kingdom Hearts that generates..." is pointless. It's nothing about Kingdom Hearts, it's about the internet.

I do like KH1, but I like KH2 and DDD more. The combo in KH1 is boring, compared to other titles, and the characters are kinda dull. They just lack personality, imo.

But I love the game because of the great music, some really awesome moments that gave me feels (Sora sacrifice) and partly nostalgia I'd say.

I don't think so. I get varied reactions from everything I do that's accessible to the internet, but with Kingdom Hearts it seems like the biggest fans of the series take it to another level that I don't often see.

Also:

Half of the people who did watch it just ignore it, cause they're civilised.

Subtle!

I don't think so. I get varied reactions from everything I do that's accessible to the internet, but with Kingdom Hearts it seems like the biggest fans of the series take it to another level that I don't often see.

Well then we experienced different things. What kind of reaction did you expect? Genuine question.

Also:

Subtle!

I meant they have nothing nice to say, so they ignore it. Cause they're civilised. Those who aren't civilised make such negative comments.

Also:

Subtle!

You have not seen anything yet if you think KH fans take it to another level. I know I do moan about the bad KH fans a lot (if you know me you'll know), but trust me, in the grand scheme of the internet the KH fandom is really not that bad. Try going to MyAnimeList forums or ComicVine forums or any Anime/Manga related forum and tell them you like Sword Art Online or Bleach, they'll rip you into shreds.  Some people in the COD community literally call SWAT teams on each other during Twitch streams because it's 'funny'. A few popular faces in the minecraft community have even been exposed as paedophiles. The worst of the KH community are the people who cry about the KH3 release date and beg for trailers all the time. There will always be fanatics that think KH is the best or that FF is the best or that COD is the best etc.

Anyway, KH1 is probably my favourite game ever made and I still hope KH3 can bring back the feeling 1 and 2 had. If not, I'll still buy the games since I grew up with them. 

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Well this thread has served its purpose, and there's no need to go around in circles about the subject anymore, especially since it's starting to lead to bitter discussions and fights, so the discussion ends here.

Thanks all for sharing and contributing, nevertheless.