Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Apparently to promote the new Butch Hartman series "Bunsen is a Beast", Nick whipped up a short featuring three of Hartman's previous works Fairly Oddparents, Danny Phantom and TUFF Puppy.

Well... that could have been a little longer.

But you know, as a big fan of Hartman's work, I was still really glad to see all those characters in one setting. (I think I've made it clear I'm a big fan of Danny Phantom. Also yes, I'm implying I liked TUFF Puppy... leave me alone, it was fun.)

I looked into some info on Bunsen Is A Beast too (which if you don't know is about a monster who goes to school with human kids, har har, shenanigans) and it seems like a fun series, but I haven't watched a full episode yet. I wonder how it stacks up to his other series. Although to be fair, I think anything has a leg up on modern FOP, cough cough, just sayin'...

i watched this as i'm a fan of the Danny Phantom series and...well....it was OK. something felt off about it. The beginning scene where Danny and co. are  catching those random ghosts felt very weird. maybe it was just me. 

i've actually had no exposure to TUFF Puppy so that was pretty jarring. I had no idea the main character acted like that, just based on what little promo art I had seen. Fairly Odd Parents was just annoying because i feel like the show won't go away and i was never the biggest fan (although i enjoyed the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour Specials). 

that new Bunsen cartoon doesn't strike me as something i'll watch and that's fine. seems a little too involved with the whacky and random humor style. although at least you'd be hard pressed to pick him out of a lineup of cartoons Butch Hartman has made lol. That thumbnail really shows the man has a style and sticks to it. 

either way it was nice to at least see those characters again, even if it was just a nothing special scene of them catching some generic ghosts.

I love Danny Phantom and old FOP, but I've been getting really skeptical of Hartman's stuff as of late. Sorry, but Tuff Puppy really turns me off (it takes a lot to take one of my favorite Nick actors, Jerry Trainor, and make him sound really obnoxious to me...and somehow this show did it in it's first episode), and that combined with how he's mismanaging modern FOP acted as a wakeup call as to how he's not giving me much confidence as a creator anymore these days. Honestly the only thing that interests me that he's shared lately was his ideas about a possible future Danny Phantom series, but apart from that I don't really care for his style anymore. I've even gotten bored of his art style, my tastes have expanded enough to the point where stuff like FOP just looks too simplified for me. I mean just look at the shot with all of the characters in front of the portal in the short, they're all in essentially the same exact pose, and it's one I've seen reused again and again in each of his series, it feels that lazy to me. Still, creators are gonna do what they do, so if he wants to make a show I have absolutely no interest in, fine, whatever, it's not like I have to see it, I just wish it didn't need to rely on my nostalgia in order to get me to notice it.

Tuff Puppy really turns me off (it takes a lot to take one of my favorite Nick actors, Jerry Trainor, and make him sound really obnoxious to me...and somehow this show did it in it's first episode)

How f*cking dare you.

he's mismanaging modern FOP

I doubt he's even writing 75% of the episodes the show is cranking out these days. Don't blame him, blame the life support network known as Nick. :/

I've even gotten bored of his art style, my tastes have expanded enough to the point where stuff like FOP just looks too simplified for me. I mean just look at the shot with all of the characters in front of the portal in the short, they're all in essentially the same exact pose, and it's one I've seen reused again and again in each of his series, it feels that lazy to me.

Still haven't fully seen it, but Bunsen Is A Beast is not a traditionally looking Hartman cartoon. It has a more zany and colorful artstyle that's more reminiscent of his early work and based on what I've seen, Hartman is really passionate about this project.

I watched Fairy odd parents when I was younger. I didn't know other series also existed in the same universe xD

They're not officially, they're just all by the same creator. xD

How f*cking dare you.

I doubt he's even writing 75% of the episodes the show is cranking out these days. Don't blame him, blame the life support network known as Nick. :/

Still haven't fully seen it, but Bunsen Is A Beast is not a traditionally looking Hartman cartoon. It has a more zany and colorful artstyle that's more reminiscent of his early work and based on what I've seen, Hartman is really passionate about this project.

They're not officially, they're just all by the same creator. xD

Sorry, his Duddly is just too shrill, loud, shouty, and butt-obsessed for me to really be invested. I love Trainor, but this doesn't feel like a good fit for him, I was literally cringing every time I heard him speak in this short. This is just one role I can't get behind. That's just how I feel about it, sorry if you don't agree.

I guess I can see everything else you're talking about though. Still, I feel like I've been burned too many times by stuff he's cranked out to really give this one a chance...that and I'm really busy these days, so I have to be pretty selective with what I'm willing to set aside time for when it comes to new series. If I have a good feeling about it, awesome, I'm willing to set aside some time to give it a shot (worked out with Gumball and Loud House for me so far). But if I'm not getting a good feeling from it, then I'm not really going to waste time with it. I've been surprised before by shows that I initially felt unsure about like Adventure Time and Regular Show, but that was back when I had more time to actually diversify and take chances like that. So unfortunately I don't think I can really afford the luxury of giving this one a chance when I don't really have the time or interest to do so, when I could be watching stuff I already like or try out new things I'm actually interested in instead.

It's nice to see you're still supporting an influential creator, and maybe it'll actually seem refreshing to you. In the meantime though, I'm going to invest my free time in more interesting things.

Sorry, his Duddly is just too shrill, loud, shouty, and butt-obsessed for me to really be invested. I love Trainor, but this doesn't feel like a good fit for him, I was literally cringing every time I heard him speak in this short. This is just one role I can't get behind. That's just how I feel about it, sorry if you don't agree.

I should clarify that I haven't fully seen the show in years.

Look, I'm not trying to force anything on anybody, I just have trouble accepting that Hartman is some washed up hack from people. The guy is busy these days, even if he's not making another Danny Phantom season. And I saw an interview with him with Black Nerd lately and not only is he one of the most chilled out animators I've seen, he seems really invested in what he does. Bunsen Is A Beast may not be a masterpiece (I say that mostly due to my own ignorance) but I appreciate that he's still putting new ideas out there.

I should clarify that I haven't fully seen the show in years.

Look, I'm not trying to force anything on anybody, I just have trouble accepting that Hartman is some washed up hack from people. The guy is busy these days, even if he's not making another Danny Phantom season. And I saw an interview with him with Black Nerd lately and not only is he one of the most chilled out animators I've seen, he seems really invested in what he does. Bunsen Is A Beast may not be a masterpiece (I say that mostly due to my own ignorance) but I appreciate that he's still putting new ideas out there.

I don't know, maybe most of the problems I have with him are actually the network's fault. Or maybe I just have a bit of a creative bias. Still, he has contributed a good deal to my childhood, so I certainly still respect him as a creator as far as that goes. I'm just going to be more cautious whenever he offers up something new is all.

Honestly, I wouldn't get my hopes up for a New Danny Phantom series

If they do I just honestly hope it's as good as the original and that Hartman doesn't let it become like New FOP or worse something like the Powerpuff Girls reboot or Teen Titans GO.