Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xTheOnlyProdigyx

REASONS 1.5 + 2.5 NEEDS TO BE PERFECT!

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 for Ps3 were not very good HD Collections, or at least as good as I feel they should've been. In this video I discuss about Why I feel 1.5 + 2.5 for Ps4 needs to be Close to Perfect and should be the true Kingdom Hearts HD Collection that we should have gotten in the first place. Anyways I hope you guys find enjoyment out of watching this video. If you enjoy Leaving a Rating, Sharing, or Subscribing would be heavily appreciated. Hope you guys enjoy :D

yo this video is pretty good. i agree with the points you made. i am fairly confident that 1.5+2.5 is gonna be better than the original PS3 ports, as they are running on a vastly more powerful system and the Square has shown they are willing to patch KH games now. (What with the Demon Tower patch in 0.2 and all.)

liked and subbed.

You know, I actually never experienced any of these glitches, except for the Xemnas one in 2.5! And the Drive Form load time never took too long for me! But hey, for those tiny problems, I'm sure that 1.5+2.5 will have em fixed, no problem! :D

Great video, man! :D

You know, I actually never experienced any of these glitches, except for the Xemnas one in 2.5! And the Drive Form load time never took too long for me! But hey, for those tiny problems, I'm sure that 1.5+2.5 will have em fixed, no problem! :D

Great video, man! :D

Well, it was quite long for anyone who wanted to use the Drive explosion to knock enemies into the air and follow up with more attacks immediately. You'd have to pause buffer to do so on PS3, but since you didn't have to really do so at all on PS2... yeah.  :P

Edited by dabestgamer

Well, it was quite long for anyone who wanted to use the Drive explosion to knock enemies into the air and follow up with more attacks immediately. You'd have to pause buffer to do so on PS3, but since you didn't have to really do so at all on PS2... yeah.  :P

That's what I'm saying, though. I played both the PS2 and PS3 versions of Kingdom Hearts II, and I didn't experience any lag with the Form transitions, ya know? Or maybe I was so immersed in the action that I didn't notice. xD

That's what I'm saying, though. I played both the PS2 and PS3 versions of Kingdom Hearts II, and I didn't experience any lag with the Form transitions, ya know? Or maybe I was so immersed in the action that I didn't notice. xD

You absolutely did experience it; you just simply didn't notice it.

PS2 Drive Transformations are almost instantaneous.

PS3 Drive Transformations take a few seconds, unless the one you're using is in memory because you had to redo the fight or something.

To give you an idea of how long it takes, you may recall that when you pause the game, the letters in PAUSE appear one by one, the E appears last but upside-down, but then flips upright. The entire sequence for that little animation takes a few seconds to complete.

That's typically how long a Drive Transformation on PS3 takes most of the time. That's a LOT longer than "almost instantaneous".

So on PS3, unless you pause buffer, you will have a difficult time using your Drive explosion to pop enemies/bosses into the air and immediately following up with an attack; the enemy (especially a boss) you are targeting will most likely have recovered by then.

I wouldn't say this is a big issue, but I wouldn't call it small, either. Though, I suppose this, among other things, are just small enough to go unnoticed by many casual players. People say the lag pauses (or short freezes) at the start of fights don't exist because they haven't experienced them, but it's just simply the didn't watch for it. I, among many others, have experienced a lag pause at the start of Cerberus (story) and Larxene (AS) every single time I attempted those fights.

Regardless, since PS2 Drive Transformation are almost instantaneous, it shouldn't ever take a few seconds. Yes, you can abuse the i-frames, but I doubt the transformation was intended to be taking that long to load in the first place since it was, again, almost instant on PS2. You could use the lag pause to help time your Guard on Larxene's initial attack, but the lag pause shouldn't have existed in the first place since it wasn't there in the original PS2 KH2FM.

Taking advantage of a problem doesn't make a problem not a problem.

Edited by dabestgamer

You absolutely did experience it; you just simply didn't notice it.

PS2 Drive Transformations are almost instantaneous.

PS3 Drive Transformations take a few seconds, unless the one you're using is in memory because you had to redo the fight or something.

To give you an idea of how long it takes, you may recall that when you pause the game, the letters in PAUSE appear one by one, the E appears last but upside-down, but then flips upright. The entire sequence for that little animation takes a few seconds to complete.

That's typically how long a Drive Transformation on PS3 takes most of the time. That's a LOT longer than "almost instantaneous".

So on PS3, unless you pause buffer, you will have a difficult time using your Drive explosion to pop enemies/bosses into the air and immediately following up with an attack; the enemy (especially a boss) you are targeting will most likely have recovered by then.

I wouldn't say this is a big issue, but I wouldn't call it small, either. Though, I suppose this, among other things, are just small enough to go unnoticed by many casual players. People say the lag pauses (or short freezes) at the start of fights don't exist because they haven't experienced them, but it's just simply the didn't watch for it. I, among many others, have experienced a lag pause at the start of Cerberus (story) and Larxene (AS) every single time I attempted those fights.

Regardless, since PS2 Drive Transformation are almost instantaneous, it shouldn't ever take a few seconds. Yes, you can abuse the i-frames, but I doubt the transformation was intended to be taking that long to load in the first place since it was, again, almost instant on PS2. You could use the lag pause to help time your Guard on Larxene's initial attack, but the lag pause shouldn't have existed in the first place since it wasn't there in the original PS2 KH2FM.

Taking advantage of a problem doesn't make a problem not a problem.

Ah, I see what you mean here! I never looked at that particular aspect of the Drive Form situation that way! I'll keep an eye out for it when 1.5+2.5 comes out later this month! But I'm sure that problem will be fixed, ya know? :)

No such thing as perfection man.

Pretty sure the point is that the PS3 collections were lazy and buggy ports and that needs to be fixed on PS4. The title wording could be better, but I agree with the OP that the PS3 ports weren't very good.

Pretty sure the point is that the PS3 collections were lazy and buggy ports and that needs to be fixed on PS4. The title wording could be better, but I agree with the OP that the PS3 ports weren't very good.

I mean I agree the PS3 ports main issue were the loading times, the bugs (especially with 2.5) and the FPS drops that just happened at random.

I mean I agree the PS3 ports main issue were the loading times, the bugs (especially with 2.5) and the FPS drops that just happened at random.

I had a couple crashes in IFM on top of all that... I might think about getting the PS4 port when it get a price cut if the bugs are fixed, but otherwise, I'm not going to bother.