Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Firaga

TV "DuckTales" (2017) First Look Trailer

I'm a little late, but since I didn't find a thread already about this, figured I'd make one:

I never saw much of the original cartoon, I was more of a Darkwing Duck fan (if I haven't made that clear in the past), but this version looks pretty fun, especially since the big Donald himself is actually in it, something I never really understood about the original.

David Tennant seems to be settling into his Scrooge role pretty well and hopefully he'll do right by the late Alan Young.

I'm still a bit skeptical about how this will turn out, but from what I've seen of the cast, I do have some hope. Even if it doesn't pay good homage to the original cartoon, I imagine it will at least have a cult following as long as the writers don't butcher it.

I'm happy that they went with giving Huey, Dewey, and Louie something of their own personalities, rather than just being identified by their shirts. Also happy that Webby is more upbeat this time around other than just being insufferably "cute."

I'm happy that they went with giving Huey, Dewey, and Louie something of their own personalities, rather than just being identified by their shirts. Also happy that Webby is more upbeat this time around other than just being insufferably "cute."

I don't like how they sound like adults, though. They should have gotten voices that sound closer to what they sound like in KH. 

I'm a little late, but since I didn't find a thread already about this, figured I'd make one:

I never saw much of the original cartoon, I was more of a Darkwing Duck fan (if I haven't made that clear in the past), but this version looks pretty fun, especially since the big Donald himself is actually in it, something I never really understood about the original.

David Tennant seems to be settling into his Scrooge role pretty well and hopefully he'll do right by the late Alan Young.

I liked what I saw except for Huey Duey and Luey's voice acting and personalities

The way they were in the original was fine instead they made them into snotty bratty millenials(no offense) and they're really annoying

Heck they were used to sound a little like Donald(only more comprehensible)  

I like Scrooge's new voice enough but I will forever miss the voice that Alan Young gave to him(rest in peace)

I liked what I saw except for Huey Duey and Luey's voice acting and personalities

The way they were in the original was fine instead they made them into snotty bratty millenials(no offense) and they're really annoying

Heck they were used to sound a little like Donald(only more comprehensible)  

They barely had any personality in the original. And what part of giving them personalities makes them millennials anyway? They're kids. They're supposed to be mischievous brats, which is pretty much the only shred of actual personality they had in their original incarnations. Heck, Louie seems like the most rounded character just based off that one-off "evil twin" gag.

Unless they start talking about social media or whatever, how do you expect them to act?

Edited by Firaga Sensei

They barely had any personality in the original. And what part of giving them personalities makes them millennials anyway? They're kids. They're supposed to be mischievous brats, which is pretty much the only shred of actual personality they had in their original incarnations. Heck, Louie seems like the most rounded character just based off that one-off "evil twin" gag.

Unless they start talking about social media or whatever, how do you expect them to act?

Okay I might've worded it badly

Their personality reminds me of how they were in Quack Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJAIF0S_3Q

I really didn't like them there and it seems they're gonna be like this here

I'm just not a fan of the whole "Inconsiderate brats who're ready to firetruck up everything and get away with it" thing

Yes they didn't have much personality in the original but there are better ways to give them personalities than this

This my only gripe with the new ducktales,other than that It's looking good

Edited by Dio Brando

Okay I might've worded it badly

Their personality reminds me of how they were in Quack Pack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPJAIF0S_3Q

I really didn't like them there and it seems they're gonna be like this here

I'm just not a fan of the whole "Inconsiderate brats who're ready to firetruck up everything and get away with it" thing

Yes they didn't have much personality in the original but there are better ways to give them personalities than this

This my only gripe with the new ducktales,other than that It's looking good

They didn't have any personality in that show either, they were walking 90s "cool kid" stereotypes. 

And look, there's no indication that they're evil or anything, they're good natured kids with a little spunk and maybe a little sass. Youthful innocence is both guaranteed and expected, not just for their ages but for the format the show puts them in. They didn't show us them being malicious or anything nor do they show us that they cause trouble or even get away with it if they do. Heck, even the original trio is guilty of that in some adaptions, so already, they're taking a step in the right direction.

I don't like how they sound like adults, though. They should have gotten voices that sound closer to what they sound like in KH. 

They don't sound like adults. ._.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Not bad, the voices are different, but that is never inherently a bad thing.

Too be honest I don't remember much of the original but I hope this show succeeds. Since you know, it's on the second channel people have to pay extra for. While the main channel is flooded with teen sitcoms.