Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

I Have A Bit Of Faith In The Osaka Team Making KH3

So after having played Kingdom Hearts 0.2 BBS: AFP, I think it's safe to say that the Osaka Team is in the step in the right direction as far as game mechanics go. A lot of people, including myself, were worried with how they would develope KH3's mechanics after seeign how they did with BBS and DDD's mechanics. In both of those games the playable characters were floaty so aerial attacks were pretty bad and looked a bit stiff, there were enemies that either staggered very little or not at all (mainly the bosses, and there were some pretty bad boss fight design choices here and there between BBS and DDD. After seeing them develope KH 0.2 and make that a part of KH 2.8 FCP (since it was originally supposed to be on one disc for KH3) I was pretty horrified that I would get the same experience I had with BBS and DDD, But I heard from a few people that 0.2 was an improvement from both of those games. Aqua didn't feel floaty at all and the gameplay was very similiar to that of KH2/KH2FM. The only difference was that it still wasn't as fast and flashy as KH2/KH2Fm but it's still a step in the right direction from the Osaka Team. But after playing KH 0.2 I was impressed that everything was true. They even brung back something that hasn't been seeen in any other KH games in a loooooong time...REVENGE VALUE. This was especially noticable with the secret boss fight in 0.2. So after fighting the secret boss, I became convincced that the Osaka Team would finally make a well balanced KH game. Because KH 0,2 really left a good impression on me as far as mechanics go.

Whichs helps me to believe that KH3 could, in fact, become one of the most well-balanced KH games since KH2/KH2FM. I mean just think about it. This would be a great thing becasue then that would leave a lot of room for a lot of players to think strategically on how to beat bosses instead of just taking the easy way out and abusing one, single, attack or command to beat them (looking directly at you Mysterious Figure, and Julius boss fights). Becuase the optional boss fights has to be one of the most well made boss fights in a while since KH2FM with Lingering Will. I really now have high hopes that KH3 will be well balanced and boss fights will be really well-designed where you can come up with millions of ways to beat a boss just like in KH2/KH2FM. I've sen a lot of people on YouTube come up with interesting and unique ways to beat Lingering Will. It's not even funny lol. But yeah, I really do hope the Osaka Team sticks with htis kind of design for their bosses, and especially their optional boss fights. That would be amazing and, for me, quite possibly make KH3 one of the greatest games ever made. Because that's how I feel about KH2/KH2Fm because of how well designed the boss battles are (especially at Lvl 1) and how well-balanced the game is.

But what do you all think?

I agree with what you're saying. I'm just terrified in the end KH3 won't be that way causing everyone to hate it. I was alright with BBS and DDD, so it didn't bother me but I want everyone to enjoy an for love KH3, so yeah I'm terrified ^^'

Its just one of those moments when I'm REALLY anxious about how KH3 is gonna go. I really don't want it to flop. I'm relived though because it looks like they are definitely a the very least looking back to KH2, which we should. After all, we got the MP Charge back, revenge value as you said, regular old commands and somewhat reaction commands. The only thing I'm worried about is the whole unblockable attacks in the secret boss with the red attacks, but I don't remember if that was something seen in all the KH games, or if it's acceptable in standards for there to be unblockable attacks. If it is okay, then ignore what I said. xD

Anyway, I just really want KH3 to be the absolute best. It would break my heart to see it fall.

if they can make it feel like KH2FM then we'll be golden. 

i can take a whack story if the gameplay is fun and engaging 

I disagree with the "whack story" thing. Not saying that Kingdom Hearts has any whack stories, but I hope to have an amazing finale for the story. I want awesome gamplay, as well as an amazing finish to the current saga. Then we can know what to look forward to in the next run!  :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm happy with how 0.2 came out, Tails! It definitely felt like old school, numbered Kingdom Hearts again! I've loved all the entries in the series, and I've never really had any qualms about the Osaka Team, but I have noticed the problems you've all mentioned, and well, having dug about 20 hours into 0.2, I can assure you that the gameplay is on par with Kingdom Hearts II! I'm confident that Kingdom Hearts III's gameplay will be just as good, if not better! Well, obviously better, considering all the things that'll be included. xD

But yeah, KHIII is on its way to eclipsing Kingdom Hearts II! :3