Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

A KH Game Could Work Well On The Switch

Hello everybody, It's your favorite two-tailed talking fox here :P. So yeah, I've been thinking. I think a KH game could really work well on the Nintendo Switch. First of all, just IMAGINE having a home console KH title on the Switch. You cwould be able to take it EVERYWHERE you go. Even in the bathroom like Nintendo showed lol. That would be mind blowing in both ways because we would have a KH game on a Nintendo home console for the first time in the series' history. Second of all, The Switch pretty much supports Unreal Engine 4. And that's the same engine that SE is using for KH3 and the future of the series for that matter. So why would they not bring  the series over to the Switch? They could  take advantage of Switch's capabilities and maybe add in some cool features on it. And before anyone says anything like "Ooooh but SE said that they want to have the series in one, single console" well here's an idea. They could just make it multiplatform. I mean, they are doing it with KH3 being on both the PS4 and Xbox One so why not with the Switch? And yeah I know that SE was under contract to have KH3 on the Xbox One but still. With how much hype the Switch has gotten plus how well the Switch is selling worldwide I think that it could work. Besides, Nintendo, themselves, even stated that the KH games pretty much always help push sales on the systems Mainly the handheld ones though since CoM, Days, RE: Coded, and DDD were all on a Nintendo handheld system. And since the Switch is  a home console handheld console hybrid this could easily follow the trend. And it doesn't have to be KH3 that could be on the Switch since SEalwready made a deal with Sony/Microsoft about that, but a future KH game could work just as well. Just imagine all the hype it would bring to both veteran KH fans and just about any other gamer out there. I could see it helping the Switch push even more units and give Nintendo  and SE tons more money.

So what do you think about this? You think it would be a good idea or a bad idea?

Hello everybody, It's your favorite two-tailed talking fox here :P. So yeah, I've been thinking. I think a KH game could really work well on the Nintendo Switch. First of all, just IMAGINE having a home console KH title on the Switch. You cwould be able to take it EVERYWHERE you go. Even in the bathroom like Nintendo showed lol. That would be mind blowing in both ways because we would have a KH game on a Nintendo home console for the first time in the series' history. Second of all, The Switch pretty much supports Unreal Engine 4. And that's the same engine that SE is using for KH3 and the future of the series for that matter. So why would they not bring  the series over to the Switch? They could  take advantage of Switch's capabilities and maybe add in some cool features on it. And before anyone says anything like "Ooooh but SE said that they want to have the series in one, single console" well here's an idea. They could just make it multiplatform. I mean, they are doing it with KH3 being on both the PS4 and Xbox One so why not with the Switch? And yeah I know that SE was under contract to have KH3 on the Xbox One but still. With how much hype the Switch has gotten plus how well the Switch is selling worldwide I think that it could work. Besides, Nintendo, themselves, even stated that the KH games pretty much always help push sales on the systems Mainly the handheld ones though since CoM, Days, RE: Coded, and DDD were all on a Nintendo handheld system. And since the Switch is  a home console handheld console hybrid this could easily follow the trend. And it doesn't have to be KH3 that could be on the Switch since SEalwready made a deal with Sony/Microsoft about that, but a future KH game could work just as well. Just imagine all the hype it would bring to both veteran KH fans and just about any other gamer out there. I could see it helping the Switch push even more units and give Nintendo  and SE tons more money.

So what do you think about this? You think it would be a good idea or a bad idea?

The whole "we want the whole series on one console" is bullshit cuz KH3 is coming to Xbox One

and yet not a single one of those collections were multiplatform

1.5+2.5 and 2.8 should all be released on both Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

If it's multiple platforms along with the Switch then I'm good. But if it's about making another KH spin-off title exclusive to the Switch then no thanks.

No

No more dumb spin-offs from now on neither PS exclusive nor Nintendo exclusive

Edited by Dio Brando

A Kingdom Hearts game can work well on any console. Half of the entries were on handheld to begin with anyway.

It all depends on whether or not they want to put it on the system, but yes I agree. The more platforms it's on, the more people can enjoy the beauty of this series.

Yeah. I think it would be interesting to see a KH game on the Switch. SO they should definitely vconsider putting a KH game on it.

If it's multiple platforms along with the Switch then I'm good. But if it's about making another KH spin-off title exclusive to the Switch then no thanks.

Just so you know, KH never had a spin-off title. A spin-off game would have to have the lore in but is stil completely unrelated to the overall story of the series. Meta Gear Rising Revengeance and Metal Gear Survive are examples of a spin-off game of a game series. That's what a spin-off game is.

The whole "we want the whole series on one console" is bullshit cuz KH3 is coming to Xbox One

No

No more dumb spin-offs from now on neither PS exclusive nor Nintendo exclusive

I agree. Especially since Xbox One is getting KH3. I find it weird that KH3 will be the only KH game on the console when SE should also put 1.5/2.5 Remix on it as well so everyone on the Xbox brand can understand KH3 when it releases.

Yeah. I think it would be interesting to see a KH game on the Switch. SO they should definitely vconsider putting a KH game on it.

Just so you know, KH never had a spin-off title. A spin-off game would have to have the lore in but is stil completely unrelated to the overall story of the series. Meta Gear Rising Revengeance and Metal Gear Survive are examples of a spin-off game of a game series. That's what a spin-off game is.

I agree. Especially since Xbox One is getting KH3. I find it weird that KH3 will be the only KH game on the console when SE should also put 1.5/2.5 Remix on it as well so everyone on the Xbox brand can understand KH3 when it releases.

I can't believe some people are still complaining to Square for not releasing more KH games on Xbox, I'm not being a fanboy here I'm just looking at the facts:

1- The Xbox One is a huge failure on sales on Japan, reason why the majority of Japanese games never gets released on Xbox (to name some recent ones, FF7 remaster and remake, FF12 Zodiac Age, Ni No Kuni 1 and 2, Nier Automata, I Am Setsuna, Danganronpa Collection, Yakuza, etc...)

2- Both FFXV and FFType-0 performed badly on Xbox One, the former sold 80% of its copies on PS4: https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/487863/Almost+80%25+of+Final+Fantasy+XV+UK+sales+were+on+PS4/ while the later didn't even charted within the Top 50 of X1's releases: http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/03/27/xbox-one-final-fantasy-type-0-misses-the-top-50-battlefield-hardline-manages-as-ps4-dominates-japan/

3- The PS4 being the best selling home console of the current gen, being 20-30 millons units sold ahead of the X1: www.vgchartz.com

4- The reason why the X1 is getting a KH 3 port to begin with is just because it was decided before the new gen started and seeing the success of the X360 last gen Square Enix thought the Xbox One was also going to be selling huge this new gen, it turns out that didn't happened and the PS4 became the leading system and their latest releases on X1 performed badly like I mentioned before. I think X1 users should be glad that KH 3 didn't end up being cancelled for their console after all that.

So being honest I don't think KH 3 will perform that well on X1 either, if FFXV which was a super hyped game before its release sold 80% of its copies on PS4 then KH 3 and it's "childish and Japanese" look will appeal even less to the general X1 fanbase.

With all that said I do believe they should port KH 3 to the Switch, it would at least sell far better there than on the XOne.

Also what are the spin-offs you guys are talking about? I thought every game on the KH franchise was important to the overall storyline, maybe excluding Re:coded?

Edited by smellslikejavier

i'm totally fine with putting future KH games on other consoles, so long as they aren't exclusive. 

if SE pulled some garbage where the next game is exclusive to Switch then i'm probably gonna jump ship.

i just don't know if i could justify buying another system at the moment just for one game. 

I know what a spin-off is but that's how the non-numbered KH titles are reffered to regardless of plot relevance. Even Nomura calls them spin-offs and, since they lack the kind of effort the numbered titles have, I also see them as spin-offs.