Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Rikuthe1st

Campaign to get Square Enix to patch KH 1.5+2.5

I'm not sure if this will work but, this game was not tested, so we have try to do something. My plan is to keep spamming this tweet

" Please someone patch KH 1.5+2.5, physics are messed up, saving crashes randomly, and some reaction commands are messed up."

every time they update the Kingdom hearts twitter page. KH2FM is screwed over the most, so that should be the primary focus.

Again not sure this will change anything, but we should at least try.

Edited by Rikuthe1st

Pretty sure they're going to patch it anyway, 2.8 got a patch within it's first week in Japan, and that was just for some minor opening cutscene details and some 0.2 gameplay lag issues. It's more than likely that they'll fix this one too, with or without spamming.

0.2 got patched likely because it was a new game. Problem with 1.5 HD+2.5HD is there is a huge amount of problems. Unfortunately KH2FM suffered the most.

Number of problems won't be a factor to why they won't do it. Despite the number of problems, it shouldn't take too long to patch anyway. If it's too much for them, they can release it in small parts. Regardless, by the time the West gets the game, it should be fixed.

We can hope,  though bringing this to their attention makes it more likely.

I believe you can report problems from the PS4 itself if you ever suffer from a crash. In other cases I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure they've found out by now and are working on the patch.

TN: Speaking of fans, there's a reason I wanted the opening night to be the day after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX was released in Japan. This doesn't apply to the overseas fans, unfortunately... After the previous concert, many people said it made them want to play the games all over again. We decided to release the games the day before, so people can go home and play to their hearts' content after the concert.

They rushed this port for the stupid concert.

I haven't crashed yet, but i know a lot of people have.

TN: Speaking of fans, there's a reason I wanted the opening night to be the day after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX was released in Japan. This doesn't apply to the overseas fans, unfortunately... After the previous concert, many people said it made them want to play the games all over again. We decided to release the games the day before, so people can go home and play to their hearts' content after the concert.

I know about this, that's why they didn't test it, they had rush it out.

I doubt it would be any different even if they had pushed this to a later date. In any case, It doesn't exactly take much to port a game, so I doubt it was "rushed" so much as they just didn't do a whole lot of Q/A like they should have. 

Fool. The games are fine. 

Maybe to the casual eyes who have barely touched and/or remembered them (or just flat out don't care).

But to the people who have played these extensively... 1.5+2.5 isn't fine in its current state.

Edited by dabestgamer

so what are the worst bugs going on in the collection right now? anything carry over from the original PS3 releases?

and would SE even care about remastered remasters? I can understand why they'd patch 2.8 since they're billing it as a new game and as a new game it deserves a certain amount of attention and care to garner positive responses.

feels like there's less incentive to patch 1.5 and 2.5 since the people who are interested are fans who will buy them regardless.

i remember some people calling the 1.5 and 2.5 collections some of the worst HD remasters which is hilarious. Silent Hill HD Collection currently holds the title for the worst remaster and the KH collections are nowhere near as bad.

so is the situation really as dire as some make it out to be? 

http://pastebin.com/t9fzcZsk

This is the pastebin containing all of the changes and issues that have been observed in the PS4 collection.

Some of the things are more "pro"-related (which is why some people don't care about them), but for the people that like to play at a higher level than most others, it's a big deal.

The biggest thing however that is unique to the PS4 port is the fact that you can randomly crash the game while trying to save your game in KH2FM. I don't know about you, but that's a problem that can affect anyone, casual or high-level player.

Other side effects of the 60 FPS change make fights more annoying or an outright nightmare. (It's not about being hard for the sake of being hard because that's a silly mentality to have. It's whether it's working as intended, which it isn't.)

Pretty sure they're going to patch it anyway, 2.8 got a patch within it's first week in Japan, and that was just for some minor opening cutscene details and some 0.2 gameplay lag issues. It's more than likely that they'll fix this one too, with or without spamming.

I fully agree with this comment. It's only a matter of time.

Fool. The games are fine. 

No they're seriously not lol. Just look at this list.

http://pastebin.com/t9fzcZsk

so what are the worst bugs going on in the collection right now? anything carry over from the original PS3 releases?

and would SE even care about remastered remasters? I can understand why they'd patch 2.8 since they're billing it as a new game and as a new game it deserves a certain amount of attention and care to garner positive responses.

feels like there's less incentive to patch 1.5 and 2.5 since the people who are interested are fans who will buy them regardless.

i remember some people calling the 1.5 and 2.5 collections some of the worst HD remasters which is hilarious. Silent Hill HD Collection currently holds the title for the worst remaster and the KH collections are nowhere near as bad.

Wow nice to see someone else knows about how bad the Silent Hill HD Collection was. But 1.5 and 2.5 are still pretty bad remasters on the PS3. Sure it's not on the same level as Silent Hill HD but it's still unnacceptable. Which is why I hope SE patches these problems in an update.

It is dire. Square states this is the definitive version of these games. These games deserve near perfect treatment.

I disagree with that, as this collection caters to people new to the franchise. Not a great first impression for them.

Also it seems right out rude to expect me to buy games that have not been properly made. Way to shit on your fan base. Being okay with this is beyond wrong. And I'm usually not one to fuzz over small things, but this is not a small thing.

A very simple principle: Don't sell a torn sweater saying it's a new sweater and expect me to go "Ah, it's no big thing, I can wear it right."

That I can wear it is not the point.

Edited by Dezarius

It's quite sad to see people damage controlling this port and defending it when it is clearly a mess from the evidence provided.

Eh, goes both ways. Literally yesterday it was "everything is great, all of the bugs are fixed!" and now it's "everything is terrible, nothing is fixed and there's worse stuff!". A few days is not enough time for a quantitative assessment, let alone a qualitative one. Give it a few weeks (after the English release, mind) and then see what the state of the game is and if there's any patches. If there aren't, cool, then start complaining (and maybe, y'know, don't pre-order next time).