Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
neil98

Interview from Famitsu with Tetsuya Nomura discussing Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - and Kingdom Hearts Union χ

Famitsu has posted an article that has an interview with the Kingdom Hearts series' Director Tetsuya Nomura discussing the recent Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour -, Kingdom Hearts III information, and Kingdom Hearts Union χ. You can read the interview below, translated by goldpanner.

KH3 news somewhere along the World Tour...

On March 10th 2017, the Kingdom Hearts (hereon KH) orchestra concert tour Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World Tour- kicked off at the Tokyo International Forum. After the very first show in Tokyo, we were able to get a little time with director of the KH series, Tetsuya Nomura. Here is a mini-interview with him where we asked about interesting parts of the concert and things to come.

—Did you have any orders regarding the choice of music for the concert?

Nomura: (Ms Yoko) Shimomura was the one who made the setlist for the show this time. I might have tweaked some things, but the setlist stayed basically the same. I had the order of some things changed based on the performances by the voice actors and such, that was about it. The setlists for both the wind concert last summer and this concert were made at the same time, and we treated them both like two halves of one whole, so I thought about how their structure should match. The way both the last concert ended with and this one began with Hikari was one way it was structured to reflect that.

—So, on the whole, you were mainly in charge of the videos and the dramatic readings, right?

Nomura: Yes. We only just barely got it ready on time, but we made it (dry laughter). For the acting guidance of the dramatic readings, we asked external sound supervisor Mr (Yoji) Shimizu, just like with the games. This concert counts as one of the works in the series, after all. Overseas, we will play recordings of Ms Toyoguchi and Ms Uchida's voices, with subtitles on the videos.

—Our interest was piqued by how the video that played during Kairi's reading was the only one done in live-action.

Nomura: Kairi is speaking pretty specifically about events happening during KH3, so we didn't have any cinematics that really worked. So, we matched it to a live-action video that fit the vibe. There are pieces of imagery that link to the content of what she is saying, for example, how it shows a scene of a sunset at the part where she says, "He stares at my face."

—On the first day, we were surprised when you came on between performances and blessed us with your talk. During the trailer that played, the hall went pretty wild when Ventus came on screen.

Nomura: Well, the first day is special (laughs). It was perfect timing with the announcement planned at an event overseas, so I decided to have it debut at the concert that was happening a few hours earlier. Of the five new Union Leaders, the remaining two will be revealed from April on. I've finished writing the story for the 4th and am about to start on stuff for the 5th, so please look forward to it.

There was also an announcement that information about KH3 would be revealed during the world tour.

Nomura: We announced that KH Unchained χ will become KH Union Cross right after the release of KH -HD 1.5+2.5 -ReMix-, so we have touched a little on KH3. Please wait for more information on this.

Click here to view the article

Rip KH3 Winter news. Union X is all we got xD

Wait in the interview they said there was a trailer shown with Ventus.

Or do you mean outside Orchestra?

Edited by KH4Real

Wait in the interview they said there was a trailer shown with Ventus.

Or do you mean outside Orchestra?

I meant outside of Union X. Don't really count that as KH3 news

firetruckin nomura man.... stop taking unchained x as your excuse for everything. Nobody cares about this piece of shit game anymore besides whales and diehard mobile game fanatics. Stop trying to make it canon because it was obviously shoved into the lore for no reason at all if its not even going to be mentioned in KH3. Forget any news before E3 guys, he just basically killed it.

Number 4 and 5 Union Leaders will be revealed in April!

As for Kingdom Hearts 3, just got to wait.

But going back to the 4th and 5th Union Leaders. They are going to be revealed in April! NEXT MONTH!

I really hope that the remaining two characters are original characters. I was supportive of Ventus being a part of this because his past was intentionally ambiguous. April is going to be an interesting month to say the least!

firetruckin nomura man.... stop taking unchained x as your excuse for everything. Nobody cares about this piece of shit game anymore besides whales and diehard mobile game fanatics. Stop trying to make it canon because it was obviously shoved into the lore for no reason at all if its not even going to be mentioned in KH3. Forget any news before E3 guys, he just basically killed it.

Be a little bit more patient, Winter hasn't ended yet. The way he worded his sentence sounds like Kingdom Hearts III and Union Cross are somewhat connected far more directly than we initially perceived. There's nothing there about broken promises.

Ah, so we'll get videos of those voiced recordings with subtitles at the concerts? Well, I guess that works with me. I can't wait to see them in LA! I also can't wait to learn more about these two other Union Leaders and about Ven's role in all of this, as well as just who the Book is supposed to go to. At this point, it could be anyone...though my bets are lying with either Ephemer, Skuld, or Ventus, since we've already got investment in them as characters.

I really hope that the remaining two characters are original characters. I was supportive of Ventus being a part of this because his past was intentionally ambiguous. April is going to be an interesting month to say the least!

Be a little bit more patient, Winter hasn't ended yet. The way he worded his sentence sounds like Kingdom Hearts III and Union Cross are somewhat connected far more directly than we initially perceived. There's nothing there about broken promises.

Remember that drawing he did for KH Unchained X's first anniversary with two mysterious figures, Ventus, Skuld and Ephemera? I believe if he was to reveal the other "foretellers" as characters that we already know, he would've revealed them back then, along with Ventus instead of drawing silhouettes.

Remember that drawing he did for KH Unchained X's first anniversary with two mysterious figures, Ventus, Skuld and Ephemera? I believe if he was to reveal the other "foretellers" as characters that we already know, he would've revealed them back then, along with Ventus instead of drawing silhouettes.

While I also believe they are new characters, it doesn't necessarily have to be the case. Sometimes it makes sense to reveal characters later when they actually appear exactly because we know them. For example, the reveal of Vanitas' face had more of an impact because it was hidden from view the entire time and was then more of a shock because he resembled Sora so much.

It can still go either way, though I am also leaning toward new characters.

Thanks for showing this to us, Neil! :)

This was an interesting interview!  So, Nomura's already finished writing up the things relating to the 4th new Union leader and he'll soon get started on the 5th, eh? I wonder who the remaining two will be? I can't wait to find out! :D

And also, I'm still holding out for the hope that we'll get some more Kingdom Hearts III information at the upcoming concerts this coming weekend! And even if we don't get any info, I'm still more than satisfied with the info we've gotten so far regarding Union X and what comes out of the concerts, like the Kairi, Xion and Aqua Kingdom Hearts III backstories!  I'm just optimistic we'll get more info soon! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

So, u saying that you like game with Donald and Goofy as main characters, but you don't like game with "fairy tale from book" setting?

And u ignoring that in KHIII trailer all their quotes were about Keyblade War and Masters, which means that story will be connected to all this?

Well... You strange, man...

So, u saying that you like game with Donald and Goofy as main characters, but you don't like game with "fairy tale from book" setting?

And u ignoring that in KHIII trailer all their quotes were about Keyblade War and Masters, which means that story will be connected to all this?

Well... You strange, man...

Kingdom Hearts X/Unchained X/Union Cross is now why people got into Kingdom Hearts in the first place. This gaiden side of Kingdom Hearts is nothing more than an appetizer. We all want Kingdom Hearts III and no side game is going to change that thirst.

It might be a possibility. Or just new faces we have never seen before.