Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

TV Star Wars Rebels: Ben Kenobi Vs. Maul!

SPOILERS!!!!!

Hey there everyone, how's it going!? So then, for all of you who have watched Star Wars Rebels, and by extension, watched The Clone Wars previously, know that Darth Maul had survived the events of the Phantom Menace and was hell bent on revenge against Obi Wan! Well, that long standing rivalry came to a head in the latest episode of Rebels, titled Twin Suns! Here's the footage of the fight! Spoilers for those who haven't watched the Episode though!

This was a beautifully ironic and poetic death for Darth Maul! At first, I was a bit shocked the duel was so short, but after reading through comments, I realized that the stance Ben had used just before dealing the killing blow was the stance Qui-Gon used fighting against Maul so many years back! Maul tried to kill Ben the same way he had his Master, but ultimately, that was his undoing, since Ben had known this would be Maul's reaction! The result, a quick and poetic death! 

"He will avenge us..." Maul's last words....dang, that's so emotional! A fitting end to one who had suffered for so long! :')

Well, we can officially count this as the end of Darth Maul! Rest in peace, you badass Sith! 

I just wrapped up binge watching The Clone Wars and want to read both the Ahsoka and Ventress novels before I start Rebels, but when I heard about this episode I just *had* to watch it, and I wasn't disappointed. xD

I'll be honest I was expecting an action packed light saber duel akin to what I was so used to seeing in The Clone Wars, but I was not disappointed when I saw they went a different route. I really liked how they handled Maul's final moments, while it wasn't what I expected I thought it was a powerful? I guess? way to end things, especially those last words. :D

Loved it. Maul's last words were perfect and that was probably the most straightforward lightsaber duel this franchise has had since ANH, and since the ANH one also had Ben, it makes sense.

The creators explained the reasoning of making their final duel the way it was in Twin Suns' Rebels Recon, and that was great. Maul tries to use the move that killed Qui-Gon against Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan manages to anticipate it and cut through Maul's weapon.

I haven't seen Rebels yet, but I did watch the Clone Wars. I knew Obi-wan would be the one to deal the final blow! I want to watch Rebels. Any idea where I can watch from the beginning?

Yeah, it was pretty poetic that Ben ended Maul, as he had done so in Phantom Menace so long ago!  :)

I just wrapped up binge watching The Clone Wars and want to read both the Ahsoka and Ventress novels before I start Rebels, but when I heard about this episode I just *had* to watch it, and I wasn't disappointed. xD

I'll be honest I was expecting an action packed light saber duel akin to what I was so used to seeing in The Clone Wars, but I was not disappointed when I saw they went a different route. I really liked how they handled Maul's final moments, while it wasn't what I expected I thought it was a powerful? I guess? way to end things, especially those last words. :D

Oh wow, you binged Clone Wars? That's impressive! I can totally get the hype though, Clone Wars is an amazing show! X_X Haha, so you couldn't resist watching this final showdown between Ben and Maul, eh?

Yeah, I get you! I was also expecting something a little more, but at the end of the day, the duel went the way it had to! Maul has been letting hate and anger cloud his judgement, and therefore, make him sloppy, while Ben has tempered his power and grown stronger over the years watching over Luke! That, while also being attuned strongly to the force and with communication with Qui-Gon, assured that Ben would have the high ground on this battle, since he had years of preparation and experience to know how Maul would come at him! Maul definitely died a sad death, for he suffered much in this life, but in the end, I think death by Ben Kenobi's hand was a mercy, ya know? Definitely something amazing! :)

Loved it. Maul's last words were perfect and that was probably the most straightforward lightsaber duel this franchise has had since ANH, and since the ANH one also had Ben, it makes sense.

The creators explained the reasoning of making their final duel the way it was in Twin Suns' Rebels Recon, and that was great. Maul tries to use the move that killed Qui-Gon against Obi-Wan, but Obi-Wan manages to anticipate it and cut through Maul's weapon.

Indeed! "He will avenge us!" It sounded perfect, and it definitely symbolized everything that had come to that point! He had been wronged by Sidious, and by the Chosen One continuing to live on, his triumph over the Emperor would prove to avenge Maul's death, along with countless others! And yeah, the duel was pretty intense and badass! :3

OMG, and when I realized the whole Qui-Gon connection, I was like: "No way, that makes total sense! :D" It was a literally ironic moment, since Maul was undone by the very technique he used to kill Qui-Gon! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key