Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Editorial: The Kingdom Hearts series' 15th anniversary!

Awesome editorial. Happy 15th anniversary to you all. Rob has been with the series since 2002 and has no plans of stopping nor dying (104 years old) yet before KH3 releases. Thank you to all the people involved in the creation of KH. Also, much more to Tetsuya Nomura for Aqua.

"the Kingdom Hearts series has now sold over 20 million copies worldwide as of October 2013."

Actually, it sold 21 million as of August 2015.

http://kh13.com/news/kingdom-hearts-series-breaks-21-million-sales

Then again, SE stated "shipped" 21 million 1 month later. But it doesn't really matter to them from their side since it is the same.

http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/530/kingdom-hearts-hd-28-final-chapter-prologue-coming-to-the-playstation4

What an enjoyable editorial. I'd love to see the moderators post stuff like this in the news feed more often to get people engaged in discussion.

There is a quick correction you need to make, Squaresoft is Square's North American branch. The Japanese company that originated Kingdom Hearts is simply called Square.

Nice work :) Interesting to learn how KH came to be, I didn't know the details.

One note, maybe put a spoiler warning after this part:

"Although there may be a lack of concrete plot details, and many things have been retconned, there are many emotional and character-driven moments that have caused fans to fall in love with the series. A small few include ....."

Great work here

...though I hate to sound like "that guy" and I know this is subjective, with KH2 Final Mix being considered the best, I can see that by many gameplay wise, but in terms of story and its editing, pacing, lazy retelling of Disney movie plots and confusing plot elements that lead to the criticism of KH's story being convoluted and confusing...it SUUUUUUUUCKS.

Happy 15th anniversary!

First! WOW! You had the chance to meet the music composer of the KH series in person?!!

Yeah if you are vip didn't know about it or I might have been aswell.

Wow, what an inspiring and amazing editorial! Thank you for showing this to us, Shinobi, it was truly an enjoyable read!

It's amazing to think how much time has passed since the first Kingdom Hearts released! To think that it has changed the lives of so many people and brought together people from all over the world is something truly spectacular, and I'm deeply thankful to Nomura and his team for creating the most amazing video game series ever, Kingdom Hearts! <3

Seeing that video of the concert footage, it made me smile seeing how you all enjoyed being in each other's company! It just proves just how friendly and awesome a community we are! I'm very proud to be a part of this amazing site, and all it offers! Happy 15th Anniversary, Kingdom Hearts! :D

I really hope someone at Square sees this, cuz I'm sure they'd be happy with this warm and gratitude filled editorial! I'm sure it'd make Nomura and his team feel happy, knowing how much we all support them! :)