Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Seriously Riku is not that hard in KH1

I played the game on normal and on my first try I defeated him in one go no death scenes or whatsoever I thought it was one of the easiest boss batlles in KH series honestly!

I see complaints about he is so hard and it started to be bother me... a lot -_-

I am pretty sure I can take this guy on hard mode and critical mode

I was stuck on this boss for literal years as a kid. Eventually I got past it but it haunted me for years, (like, that cutscene still gives me ptsd flashbacks xD) but when I did my PS3 playthrough of KHFM back in October I beat with little effort.

depends which riku fight you mean? Riku after we get our keyblade back Because then yes or the Ansem riku possesed because that one takes a huge portion of luck  landing on somewhere were none of his attacks or a portal spawns. Or riku on the island because that one is freaking impossible :)

depends which riku fight you mean? Riku after we get our keyblade back Because then yes or the Ansem riku possesed because that one takes a huge portion of luck  landing on somewhere were none of his attacks or a portal spawns. Or riku on the island because that one is freaking impossible :)

Here is a trick:

You can predict his moves. Like do first two attacks then move around hit him then you can easy dodge it.

After three hits move around and hit him.

Clayton was super irritating for me as a kid. Not looking forward to fighting him again...

Yup you need to lvlup.But for proud you should go up and let Donald and Goofy all the work.

If they manage to go up smash them and go down. Then by his final attacks you might need to get the chameleon above and try to hit him fast be careful with Clayton if he is on ground.

My brother was 19 years old at the time he played this game, and the battle was hard for him. I don´t know he wasn´t a "skilled" player.

However it´s not hard since Final Mix i think fix some of the those issues?

Here is a trick:

You can predict his moves. Like do first two attacks then move around hit him then you can easy dodge it.

that I figured out the problem is that I tend to try one last attack before runnig away its more a thing of being impatient which ironicly makes the whole thing take even longer

I've heard Riku was a hard fight as well and I also defeated him on my first try(I think),but I played the PS3 version of Final Mix and FM has new abilities,so its possible that's the reason why the fight wasn't too bad.

Here is a trick:

Yup you need to lvlup.But for proud you should go up and let Donald and Goofy all the work.

If they manage to go up smash them and go down. Then by his final attacks you might need to get the chameleon above and try to hit him fast be careful with Clayton if he is on ground.

As a kid, I did not grasp the concept of "leveling"

I know what to do now without anyone telling me, but thanks anyway for the advice. The Stealth Sneak is really easy though...

Part of the joke isn't just his difficulty, but the long cutscene leading up to it that people were forced to watch over and over =P. Certainly as an older player I found it to be way easier (Dodge Roll, baby!), beat it the first time on the PS3, but it certainly gave me difficulty as a kid.

The fight's hard on a level 1 Proud Mode run. No blocking, no extra moves, just dodge rolling, a strong keyblade, magic, and items. But yeah, the fight does feel a lot easier now.

Edited by -JustLea-

It's like Dark Souls. Certain bosses/mini-bosses are Dwellers on the Threshold, and figuring them out is a rite of passage. Once you internalize the game you beat them without even thinking about it because your brain has been subtly changed...you get to the point where you see the next move coming before the RNG gets done generating it. Zen and the Art of Kingdom Hearts. ;p

I played the game on normal and on my first try I defeated him in one go no death scenes or whatsoever I thought it was one of the easiest boss batlles in KH series honestly!

I see complaints about he is so hard and it started to be bother me... a lot -_-

I am pretty sure I can take this guy on hard mode and critical mode

As a kid playing the game for the first time, you bet your ass it's a hard boss! Even after I became a veteran of the series, he's still really difficult for the kind of game that KH1 is. I haven't even beaten him in one try yet, at best I've just been whittling down the number of attempts necessary to beat him over the years. Though I will admit it's not as hard to beat him nowadays now that I know his patterns and how to avoid them all, but even knowing that it's still difficult to just jump right in. I will also admit though that Riku Replica IV is a MUCH harder boss comparatively speaking, especially when you consider that the only way to avoid his attacks is to interrupt them with Zero-value cards, unless you've become a Dodge-Roll boss. Probably the least difficult incarnation of this boss is Data Riku from Re:Coded, but even then he's still relatively challenging for that game, and he was almost being treated like a final boss.

All I'm saying is that while it is awesome that you managed to beat this boss with little to no difficulty, you shouldn't take it so lightly. It's still a pretty tough boss for most players, whether they be first-timers or series veterans. If anything, you should just wear it as a symbol of pride and take it as a sign that you have a lot of skill as a gamer. But then again, maybe that's more appropriate after beating him on Proud mode (challenge accepted?). xD

Another reason is that it probably depends on how you play the game. If you're going in with a serious, no nonsense, play to win kind of approach to games, then yeah eventually you'll pick up on the strategy pretty easily. But if you're like me and like to have a bit of fun with making the scenario feel a bit more epic, you might be trying a bunch of different tricks to keep the scene "cinematic", which sometimes involves taking a few hits or using attacks that you know either don't do any damage, trigger his own retaliations, or just don't do as much damage as other attacks. It's a manner of limiting yourself that is really just meant to make battles look more cool while at the same time giving you an added sense of challenge no matter what difficulty level you're at. Keep in mind though that this has caused me to restart many boss battles either from dying because I was trying to make it so perfect or just restarting on purpose because it wasn't "perfect" enough. So yeah, pointlessly making things more difficult for myself, but with the fun aesthetic of essentially controlling my own movie.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

well it's almost like people have varying levels of skills or something.

personally i remember the fight being brutal for me on my first time because i didn't understand how the leveling or abilities worked, and on top of that i was forced to sit through a long ass cutscene with each failure, which really wears anyone down after awhile. and i was probably like ten. 

I agree that he wasn't as hard now as he was back then, but a lot of the Riku-Ansem battle is luck. My most recent playthrough had me beat him by counterattacks on my last bit of health.
After dying once to a rookie mistake. Damn you, KH1.

It took me SO MANY tries to defeat Ansem-Riku!  I didn't have much trouble with fighting regular Riku, on either Destiny Islands or at Hollow Bastion Entrance Hall.  But fighting Ansem-Riku was a torturous part of the game for 11-12 year old me, especially with the enormous cutscene that was unskippable every time.  At least KH: FM rectified that, and made all scenes skippable.

Actually, I used to have trouble beating Riku in the obstacle race on Destiny Islands.  That gave me more trouble than fighting him at the beginning of the game :tongue: