Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Era

Okay, Let's talk about E3 2017 and what we'll probably see. (KH3)

Okay as the title says, what do you guys think we will see at E3 2017?

In my opinion I think we will see a good length trailer and probably a reveal of

late 2018 by the end of said trailer. (Which will most likely be delayed to late 2019)

How about you guys? What do you think we will see?

Or will we just not see anything at all?

Which I really doubt....

I think that the chances for a brandnew KH3 trailer are pretty high this year. First because its the 15th anniversary this year and second because its about time that we get new material. We probably wont get a release date but im totally fine with that.

Okay as the title says, what do you guys think we will see at E3 2017?

In my opinion I think we will see a good length trailer and probably a reveal of

late 2018 by the end of said trailer. (Which will most likely be delayed to late 2019)

How about you guys? What do you think we will see?

Or will we just not see anything at all?

Which I really doubt....

I am also expecting a release around 2019 now. Its simply not possible that nomura can balance all that work.

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

Yeah I think something at E3 is pretty high.

We didn't get anything at all for 2016 so we can expect at least a trailer

and major development having taken place. The last time we seen KH

was in 2015. That's literally a full year.

So yeah, I definitely expect a trailer this E3; a release year reveal maybe at D23

with Marketing and information going full force in the latter part of 2017 and throughout

I want a trailer with a release date.If that's not the case ,then don't bother us

Want it too, but doubt we will get a release date, maybe a release year window.. like "Winter 2018"

I'm just hoping for a trailer, any kind of trailer. Not getting my hopes up for a release date, I don't see it happening.

The only thing guaranteed is that whatever next trailer they show it'll end with "Now in Development"

But what if it doesn't end with "Now in Development", but "Coming Soon" instead?

Well now that 1.5+2.5 is out, there's nothing left but KH3(atleast I really hope so). Pretty sure they will release a brand new trailer at E3 and tell us the release year if not release date. 

Whatever happens, please don't force another side story. 2.8 was the final straw because it came bundled with a Dream Drop Distance remaster.

Honestly, probably nothing. I could see them wanting to save everything for D23, which is only 2 months after E3.

Sorry, I'm still a little salty from the anniversary. Any argument you can make for E3 news was made for the anniversary, and we still got nothing. "It's been a while since we got anything", "Well it IS the 15th anniversary after all", and "They've got to have something to show by now". All these mean nothing at this point. They will show something whenever they feel like giving a darn :/

Whatever happens, please don't force another side story. 2.8 was the final straw because it came bundled with a Dream Drop Distance remaster.

I don't think you need to worry about that.

1. They've already confirmed that 2.8 was the last game before 3. (Union Cross doesn't count cause it's technically not a new game)
  2. The "Prologue" in "Final Chapter Prologue" signifies the game as a prologue to KH3.
  3. The final cutscene in 0.2 is called "2.9 The First Volume" with it meaning that it's the very last thing before Kingdom Hearts 3. It even shows the trio going off to the very world that was seen in multiple KH3 trailers. (And also explains why Sora is in his KH2 outfit in that world in the trailers.)
Edited by Master Eraqus

I'm pretty sure we'll get a trailer and I am HOPING with all of my heart ti get a release year window. If they give us the release date (very doubtful) then I'll be in tears on the ground for mere happiness... but since I guess it won't happen I just need a release year. That's it. I want to know a deadline for how much to wait. If it says 2020 I don't care! I just don't want to be waiting on the nothingness!

As for the trailer I think it will be a bit more story related and showcasing 1 or 2 new worlds and some new areas from the previously confirmed worlds but I don't think it will be the best trailer yet.

Let's cross our fingers that they do reveal something and that it will be exciting! :D

I don't think you don't need to worry about that.

1. They've already confirmed that 2.8 was the last game before 3. (Union Cross doesn't count cause it's technically not a new game)
  2. The "Prologue" in "Final Chapter Prologue" signifies the game as a prologue to KH3.
  3. The final cutscene in 0.2 is called "2.9 The First Volume" with it meaning that it's the very last thing before Kingdom Hearts 3. It even shows the trio going off to the very world that was seen in multiple KH3 trailers. (And also explains why Sora is in his KH2 outfit in that world in the trailers.)

Those valid points give me confidence, but then Nomura could throw a wrench in all of that by saying "Axel is a popular character, so we're going to dedicate a Kingdom Hearts game to his younger years as Lea with Isa featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!".

2016 was a dry year for KH3 news and we were told that this year's going to be different. Hopefully, E3 gives us some sort of trailer. Whether they announce the release date or not, I just want some new content, preferably story-wise. Don't want to be spoiled, but I do want to see some story content like we saw with the trailers of BBS 0.2.

Those valid points give me confidence, but then Nomura could throw a wrench in all of that by saying "Axel is a popular character, so we're going to dedicate a Kingdom Hearts game to his younger years as Lea with Isa featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit!".

SHHHHHH!! Don't give him any ideas :$ 

Well, I'm going to be optimistic and say we'll get a trailer that says "2018" at the end, with no specific date. I doubt it'll be 1H 2018, but I'm not going to totally deny the notion of a 2H 2018 release (though probably still Q4).

Well, personally, I think that this year, Kingdom Hearts III is going to have a very strong presence, such as was seen in 2015! I've been saying it for a while now, and given that this year is the 15th Anniversary of the series, there's even more reason to believe we shall get a news blowout at E3 this year! What I hope for is a new trailer that doesn't spoil heavily, but hypes us up enough, ya know? Footage of San Fransokyo in action would be widely appreciated!

And other than a trailer, I'd expect for some interviews and information to roll out, and hopefully, at the very least, a "Coming 2018" release window! But we will have to wait and see for what happens!

I think it's ridiculous they have not revealed any new information in over a year. 

I hate that they planned on combining the teams working on FFXV and KHIII after completion of FF but they just started with FFVII Remake.

There is absolutely no justification for this. It feels like they are screwing over the KH community on purpose.

Well, personally, I think that this year, Kingdom Hearts III is going to have a very strong presence, such as was seen in 2015! I've been saying it for a while now, and given that this year is the 15th Anniversary of the series, there's even more reason to believe we shall get a news blowout at E3 this year! What I hope for is a new trailer that doesn't spoil heavily, but hypes us up enough, ya know? Footage of San Fransokyo in action would be widely appreciated!

And other than a trailer, I'd expect for some interviews and information to roll out, and hopefully, at the very least, a "Coming 2018" release window! But we will have to wait and see for what happens!

"Strong presence" like the two short trailers in 2015? One not even displayed to the public like ever?

If one thing is sure, they need to open up and start communicating. If not, the project will either never be finished or the fanbase will abandon the project.

I'm actually pretty confident that we'll get a new trailer for KH3 this year. Maybe not a particularly lengthy one, but a decent enough one to show just how much progress they've made with the gameplay, what new worlds they've finished up (maybe actually see San Fransokyo in action), maybe any voice acting they've completed, some cutscenes hinting at stuff, and whatever new additional feature they want to reveal that day. I'm not expecting to see as much as we probably deserve from all of the news droughts lately, but enough to hold us over for either the next convention they would show anything at like TGS or even the next E3.

I am not expecting a release window to be made public this soon, but I will always remain hopeful for 2018, but at this point 2019 is just as likely. I'll just say this though, if they can't make late 2018 work, they better make it early 2019 instead. I mean, however much time they need to make this nearly-seamless of course, but I'm still hoping that without any new huge console releases on the horizon (as far as KH is concerned anyway...) that they're working in as efficient of a manner as possible so that after 2017, we won't have to wait too long to see this game in stores. But I am still concerned about the staff's health, so hopefully the work ethic and release window agree with each other, especially considering how much stuff Nomura still has to work with, at the very least with KH and FF VII Remake parts 1, 2, etc. And of course, hopefully the fanbase agrees with the release window, lol.

And naturally, we can always expect a random surprise from Nomura that we didn't even anticipate. I mean, that's how KH3, the ReMIXes, and X started out, lol. I mean, I'm not asking for any new titles at this point. The most I would want at this point would be full-on remakes of Days and Re:Coded in playable formats, but I realize that would be really REALLY stretching the KH team thin right now in the middle of KH3's development, so those are probably best left for future years between releases after KH3, provided they aren't working on new in-between releases at that point. But even without new titles, there could be some kind of surprising KH-related thing that Nomura could announce to tide us over, especially if we don't get much in the way of new KH3 news. The concerts are one such thing, maybe a new KH-themed event will be announced that will start after the concert tours end. It's the next best thing besides making more games to keep the hype train rolling at this point.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV