Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

For Gods sake the facial animations

Don't get me wrong or anything but jees I was playing Kingdom Hearts 1 again a game a dislike but there is something that always brings me back I don't know what it is but I am getting of topic.

Could they have atleast updated the facial animations so many moments in KH1 I can't take serious because of the defalt face thing.

On PS2, DS and PSP I can forgive them but hell this is the third time these games got released they could atleast update the facial animations.

Edit: just look up the Halo remaster

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

just look up the Halo remaster

Well, no, that's not an accurate comparison. Halo: CE Anniversary is a total remake in completely different engine than the original. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is basically a port of an early PS2 game, with some necessary updated character models and music. The core game is still the same, hence mouth flaps.

Not that I don't agree with you, the facial animations tend to be pretty bad, and for sure I'd love it if they could actually remake the game to both look and play better. That's just not a very realistic expectation, and really, I want them to focus on KH3 as much as humanly possible.

(Besides, the big draw for me was finally being able to play Final Mix without importing or emulating, PS2 limitations be damned.)

Edited by HeyMouseSayCheese

People, you have to remember that these were games originally designed for the PlayStation 2 (aside from Birth by Sleep which was designed for the PlayStation Portable). The remixes are simply remasters with 1080p support and widescreen definition. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Guest

The "default" expressions never actually bothered me that much.  I can see why they would be off-putting in 2017, though.  Still, what KH1, and especially KH2, accomplished on the technologically-limited PS2 is nothing short of impressive. 

I'm definitely looking forward to jumping back in to all these games on 1.5 + 2.5, though I finished BBS: FM earlier this year.  And playing through COM is always a great experience, too, mainly due to that dark story with escalating tension.  Some of my favorite scenes in the series are from COM, and rightfully so.

Simple: It takes way more time to make this kind of expressions stuff, that's why games like KHIII are taking such a long long time to develop. If you have watched KH0.2BBS you'll notice that not a single cutscene has a plain flat unemotional expression. Every cutscene has the face of the characters interacting and all. Imagine the time they're taking to make this into KHIII... the previously called "longest" game in the series...

I mean if you think about it yeah they could've gone to the point of doing this but it would affect other game's development times. It's not that bothersome anyway, I like how it maintains the memories from back in 2002 when the game was released. :D

People, you have to remember that these were games originally designed for the PlayStation 2 (aside from Birth by Sleep which was designed for the PlayStation Portable). The remixes are simply remasters with 1080p support and widescreen definition. Nothing more, nothing less.

correct, I mean I would be nice to have updated facial animations of course but really this is more of a first world problem. It also has a lot of comedic effect when they use 10 vowels for one word :D