Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axeken

KHUX 2017: How much have you spent on KHUX

I've seen a lot of people complaining about how much the game costs and that the game is "pay to win." Personally, I have not spent a cent. I would like to support the devs for the game I have sunk 276 days of my life in into but I financially can't -.-  I also don't want to due to the pricing model of the game which I am against. But anyways, I've heard people spend 100s if not 1000s of dollars into this game and as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I cannot fathom this! What do they have that I don't in the game? Cooler medals? Maxed out Lvls, keyblades and medals and all the outfits? Able to easily 3-star all missions? Cool but we're all still at Mission 600 (Global version). The only issue I had was Mission 675 (Japanese version) where the boss had two more underlings and one would heal all the damage I took which made it impossible to beat :/ 

So just out of curiosity, how much have you spent of KHUX? What did you gain? Is there a whole new game I'm missing coz I don't pay for it? Please lemme know   xD

Edited by Axeken

It can be very easy to fall into the pit of relief spending believe me. I've brought up the topic with Felixx/Lealixx/one-of-our-beloved-moderators

I've so far not spent a cent on KHUx either. Although recently I made my 4th draw for the KH2 illustrated Kairi (of which I was unsuccessful all 4 times....not surprising) using jewels that I have saved from my daily jewel logins and daily jewels side quests. I figured that getting the KH2 Illustrated Kairi wasn't worth it after having borrowed the KH2 Illustrated Kairi medal as a friend medal from fellow union members and failed to progress in the game's story (of which I still can't beat Ava and her many many bars of HP)

These past few days there has been an internal conflict within me on whether or not I should just fork out the AUD$23 and purchase the 3000 jewel pack knowing that my 5th draw will be guaranteed a 3 dot KH2 Illustrated Kairi. However after careful consideration I realise that its probably money not well spent. $23 AUD on 'virtual medals' is a rip and that money probably is better put into investment.

During those 'few days of internal conflict' I scoured over KH Reddit and I came across some interesting people who, and I kid you not, bought the weekly deal every week for almost a year. Holy Bananas that's almost AUD $1,200 (Minimum) spent on 'virtual jewels'.

KHUx really preys on people who either

• are very wealthy and/or
  • have no intrinsic self control when it comes to saving money

And the truth is...

Someday the Servers are gonna go down, online games don't stick around forever....thats the reality.

And when you realise in a few years that you've spent tens of thousands of money on 'virtual jewels'...jokes on ya pal xD

Frankly speaking I'm more inclined to spend on offline games for PC or consoles rather than online games.

So yeah. So far spent nothing....I'm just sticking around to kill time whenever I'm bored otherwise I'm planning to quit KHUx permanently. Just gonna watch Everglow's playthroughs instead.

Edited by catmaster0116

I play Unchained/Union x for about four hours. I've haven't even spend my money to get more jewels nor medals. In fact, I'll never spend my money on this game because one, I'll spend a lot of my minutes on redoing the same quests over and over again to upgrade/level grind my medals, which is totally worth for me, and two, I'll wait for the special events to get free Chip and Dale medals, get more free jewels, and wait for the AP 0 events. I'm a patient person so don't mind waiting for the free stuff.

Edited by Movies798

These past few days there has been an internal conflict within me on whether or not I should just fork out the AUD$23 and purchase the 3000 jewel pack knowing that my 5th draw will be guaranteed a 3 dot KH2 Illustrated Kairi. However after careful consideration I realise that its probably money not well spent. $23 AUD on 'virtual medals' is a rip and that money probably is better put into investment.

I was in a very similar boat. I had to scrounge together all the gems I could over the events to get the KH2 Kairi which I did get on the 5th pull. I'm also from Australia and I couldn't justify AUD$23+ on a medal. I'd love for there to be a free way to get these kinda of medals even if it's 6 months later and we have to 3 star missions to do so or something like that.

I was in a very similar boat. I had to scrounge together all the gems I could over the events to get the KH2 Kairi which I did get on the 5th pull. I'm also from Australia and I couldn't justify AUD$23+ on a medal. I'd love for there to be a free way to get these kinda of medals even if it's 6 months later and we have to 3 star missions to do so or something like that.

Yep I agree with your opinion.

And grats on getting that medal xD

Been playing the game since it released in NA, and haven't spent a single cent either. I just hoard freebie jewels from the daily logins, jewel quests etc. and then spend them when I feel like I *really* need to. Currently I have about 54k jewels and those were all acquired through the freebie stuff not spending my own money.

Yeah at times it is frustrating and I do get stuck for a while on things that would come more easily to people who spend money on the game, but I am able to move on eventually. I just can't justify spending real money on a game I know I'm not going to come back to once it's over. KHUX is fun and all, but I don't have nearly as much interest in it as I do in the other games in the series, so it's not something I'm going to put down the extra buck for especially if I don't have to. :P

I have never bought jewels, but I have been playing since the NA version released, and so I was able to get everything the game gave to us from the begining. I still remember how much of a game changer Jack Skellington was. It takes a lot of time to progress F2P, and not everyone is willing to wait so long, so they either quit or spend money. Ava for example is such a wall that I'm sure many people gave up after seeing that battle. I mean, to beat her I had to have so many medals with defense boost to be able to survive her attacks, and so I had no attack medals. The battle lasted for soooo long, and if I was unlucky I could get killed anyway. It was tough. 

I only spend money for the VIP when I'm able to. So maybe just roughly $300 (Throughout the year.) I don't mind since I do support, but I'm not dumb to go ballsey. Lol Yeah I don't have great medals, but I'm able to get by. Been playing since release of last year too.

- RemieGino14 - 

I've been playing since it's release in NA and haven't spent a single dollar on it. I'm just living through daily login jewels and jewel challenges.

1 thing that I noticed is that in the JP version you get almost twice the jewels in the daily login. In the NA ver. it's: 50, 50, 100, 100 and 200 and in the JP ver. I think it's 50, 100, 100, 200 and 300. And even the medals in the NA ver. are downgraded. That's what I don't like about it.

I whaled once for guilted iXion (worth it), but that was at the end of last year. I'm a sucker for exclusive medals, so I've bought all the VIP packages that had those, but that's about it for 2017, I think. Honestly, even with spending money, it is what you make of it. Having guilted premiums is an edge, sure, but it's not a guarantee of success. You have to work at everything and spend time and effort. I still enjoy playing the game, so the investment has been worth it in the long run.

$10. $5 for the Black Friday VIP deal, then another for the second Black Friday VIP deal the following week. That's it so far. I'm prepared to spend no more than $60 on this game, as that would be around the amount I would expect to pay for a console KH game, and I do want to support the company for making a game that I've enjoyed. When I hit that $60 mark, though, that's gonna be a while.

(I would recommend pulling for iKH2Kairi simply due to her usefulness. If it means spending a little money, that's something you have to determine the worth of for yourself. She's only guaranteed as a mercy pull this one time, and possibly never again. You could get her in a random banner pull, but it took me until this one just to get iKairi, if that helps put things in perspective.)

$0.. I have sh*t medals, but good enough to make me progress through the game. I'm on level 600, which I believe is the cap in EU at the moment.

I want to spend money on jewels, but 1. I don't have any money. 2. I would regret it, cause with my luck I wouldn't get any good medals.

Well, I don't really play X but I thought I'd weigh in because I have something to say.  I think the fact that you haven't spent any money on the game means that you're better at it then people who do.  Usually those the items you have to pay for are better and they give people who aren't as good at games a chance to do well.  That's how so called "pay to win" games work.  It's not that they have something you don't, it's they need something you don't.

I spent $0, like a bunch of other people. I'm not screwed at all. Most of my free to play friends were able to get iKairi2 using just daily gems and event gems (proud quests were a key for me). Thanks to that deal, I've got a bunch of good medals.

But the real way F2P players get their damage is through guilt. I've got many medals at 75-100% guilt, because I've been playing for about a year. The deals where you got medals with 3 dots already were vital for me. There were points where I logged in only to get the daily gems, but recently I've been more into it cuz the new content.

Generally if you haven't played for a long time like me, you won't be able to compete with paying players, but don't let that discourage you. You can have fun with this game even if you don't pay a penny.

Well, I've been playing UX since day one, though I've missed two or three days, so I've played for an overall 375 days! I always log in and play for two to ten minutes, either doing a couple of story quests, Daily Challenge Jewel quests, Coliseum matches and whatever Events pique my interest! So far, I haven't spent a single dime on this game, ya know? I've actually gotten to Mission 600 of my own sweat and tears, without any financial assistance, ya know? At one point, I remember that I had about 30,000 Jewels, and when the Illustrated Riku deal came on, I spent my Jewels because I needed a good Speed Medal for my Lady Luck Keyblade, and oh boy, has Illustrated Riku delivered! I do not regret having spent my Jewels on him! I've also guilted quite a few medals, and I even obtained Illustrated Kairi's I and II!

I've also gotten Jack Skellington, and there's many medals that I'm just about to guilt! So really, I've just played through this game, doing my own thing, and I haven't had to spent a single dollar! And I hope I can keep playing that way, ya know? :3

Too much. Hundreds of dollars. I've splurged for the anniversary, as well as for the commemorative TAV medal (unguilted). I've also bought VIP for basically every week, aside from my three-month absence from the game from January to April. Oh god help me please.

Edited by Raxaimus

well, so far to this week, I wasn't able to spend real cash on the game.

i was a f2p since the release of the gane in NA.

I think I am a decent player. got most of my keyblades at lvl 20 except Divine Rose+25 and Olympia+25. My lvl is 300.

the only advantage that cash gives to you, is accesing all the farmable banners any day of the week, so you can upgrade your medals enough to level up your Nova.

that's all. useful if you've got a bunch of significant medals to guilt.

Now that I know that I am not missing much, probably never gonna spend another bucks on the game. despite the Brooms challenge.

if the people stop using real money to get them, Square will resent it and probably they'll release them soner or later. probably, later when people stops even loggin in

$10 from the black Friday deal. Already quit and uninstalled it, so no big loss+already have my JP account to fall back on.

Speaking of JP, around $40 since their VIP deals are way better.