Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
LuckyStrike

Unable to defeat Lingering Will in KH2FM

Hey there,
I'm having difficulties of trying to defeat the Lingering Will. I got defeated so many times. Even I equipped with the "Once More" ability, my HP will be cut to 0 from more than 1 HP.

Can help me?

What difficulty mode are you playing on? Seems like Proud Mode. If so, by looking at your skills in the video, I recommend you to play Standard Mode. If it's Standard Mode, then play Beginner Mode. No offense.

The only thing I can tell you now is to get Sora to level 99 and unlock all abilities available including Growth abilities (abilities from Drive Forms).

About the 1 HP, you need Second Chance as well.

Second Chance: Ensures 1 HP remains after taking massive damage. (which means any damage dealt to you when you have more than 1 HP won't kill you)

Once More: Ensures 1 HP remains after taking damage from a combo. (which means any damage dealt to you before you do Aerial Recovery won't kill you)

There are plenty of YouTube videos that break down the lingering will's moves piece by piece. This video by everglades is the most in depth and might help you. It's mainly a matter of learning its each and every attack.

https://youtu.be/CGIaJ6TJA4w

Alternatively, there is an exploit that allows you to beat it with minimal effort though some may see it as cheating. It is a great way to farm him though. Essentially you unequivocally all finishers and combo boosts, equip negative combo and use fenrir so all your attacks are just finishers. Then once you are able to hit him. Jump and attack once over and over. He won't be able to retaliate.

https://youtu.be/mrAlH-A36cw

your normal combos are good, but i'd unequip dodge slash because it has short range and LW can easily break from it. You need to block more, most of LW's attack can be avoided with a simple and clean guard. Also, once you equip once more and second chance (2 abilities that you always should have equiped) you can unequip retaliating slash and aerial recovery. Always lock on your target, that way, you'll always block on the direction your enemy is. Equip dodge roll (if you don't have it already, you get it by leveling up limit form). Another thing I've noticed you do a lot, is heading recklessly towards the enemy with the intention to start attacking him inmediately and what I'd recommend you to do, because I find it more safe, is dodging and/or blocking LW's first combo and wait to an opening to attack.

Other than that, you'll need to learn his attack patterns and patiently wait for openings.

Edited by Taco Lea

Do yourself a really big favor and turn off Dodge Slash LW can break out of it easily.

Another thing is to try and guard all of his attacks as most of them can be guarded doing that enough will get you an idea of his pattern. Another thing to keep in mind is that his Revenge Value which to some extent you can exploit so it doesn't pop immediately but that's more trial and error.

Be better to equip something like Oblivion or Pumpkin as well another thing would be to level all the drive form growth abilities to max and or try to get to level 99 and get the Ultima Keyblade.

Block, get to level 99, reflect, get good armor and accessories, use Decisive Pumpkin. Also look up a guide or two on how your abilities should be set up. Bizkit047 does a good job with the ability part of it. youllll  have to pause the game to get a good look.

Well if you want to beat him with little to no difficulty take off all your combo plus abilities take off high jump equip Negative Combo and equip Fenire for the Negative Combo ability it has.  Then when you can just go to him and jump and hit jump and hit jump and hit you will have him in an infinite combo lock.  If you miss or somehow he gets out of it you just run away until you see another opening.  But seriously try to beat him legit first.  Like many people on here have said or shown you watch those videos, you need to learn his moves and what they all do and what's the best way to dodge them.  I always had trouble with the move he dose that either locks you from attacking or using magic.  You definitely need all your growth abilities to be at the max and Level 99 is highly recommended no matter what difficulty you are playing on.  Equipping the Keybalde you get from Halloween Town helps because of it's ability and equip all your Combo and Air Combo Boost.  Have Donald and Goofy be on the Support Sora or whatever the one is where they will just heal you and won't attack.  You can give them potions as well so they can heal you and some Ether so they can heal your MP, although with Donald he might heal you with his cure and then either him or Goofy would us it on him to get his MP back.  You are going to die a lot but don't let that discourage you just take the L and try again.

I'm playing in Standard mode

Hmm... On second thought. Standard Mode seems fine. Just follow my advice and level Sora up to level 99 and unlock all possible abilities.

If you still can't beat Lingering Will after all that, watch some video guides some have posted here like the ones by Everglow and Soraalam1.

Well tbh you won't go anywhere if you just focus on attacking him.

From what i've seen you don't even try to dodge him so go and level up your drive forms before trying to retake this challenge.