Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Qrow

Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy VII Remake to be launched in "the next three years or so"

Square Enix CEO, Yosuke Matsuda, gave a statement about upcoming titles, including Kingdom Hearts III, during the Financial Results Briefing of the FY 2017 Financial Briefing Report back on May 11, 2017.

Matsuda said that the games that were listed on the FY 2018 and beyond column on the Digital Entertainment-HD Games slide, which currently list Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and the currently unnamed Marvel IP Project, are planned to be released within "the next three years or so." Read the full quote below:

"This slide shows our release lineup for FY2017/3 as well as for FY2018/3 and beyond. We plan to launch each of these upcoming titles in the next three years or so."

Posted Image

This “release window" for Kingdom Hearts III is exciting! What do you guys think? Let us know how you feel in the comments down below!

Thanks to Gematsu for the tip!

Click here to view the article

What Mythril said. Fans have already guessed that KH3 won't release until at least 2020 if we're lucky. This just re-confirms old news lol.

Quite so. 2020 is far too late though. If the game really has been in development since 2010 (according to the KH3 page here) then that's 10 years of development, counting things like change of engine and possibly even platform (no doubt it was originally being developed for PS3). If we don't include that, then development has probably gone on for about 4-5 years now. KH3 is basically ending up like another FFXV. Hopefully, it doesn't end up as bad as FFXV though.

This is kind of old news actually xD

We already knew that KH3 was either coming out either 2018 or beyond

What Mythril said. Fans have already guessed that KH3 won't release until at least 2020 if we're lucky. This just re-confirms old news lol.

I agree with both of you. We already knew it would be release until 2020, but at least we now have a trustable source and it's at least something since we have zero news on the game...

Quite so. 2020 is far too late though. If the game really has been in development since 2010 (according to the KH3 page here) then that's 10 years of development, counting things like change of engine and possibly even platform (no doubt it was originally being developed for PS3). If we don't include that, then development has probably gone on for about 4-5 years now. KH3 is basically ending up like another FFXV. Hopefully, it doesn't end up as bad as FFXV though.

That's something that really bugs me when it comes to Square Enix. I truly understand all the problems they had with FFXV that turned the company upside down. When Nomura stepped away from the game and went on full mode for KH3 there was the engine switch and now he's in charge of two major projects and nobody knows how the progress is going. In my opinion, Nomura and the team should focus on only one of them. No matter when they are released, they'll surely sell as hell! So I think it's better focus on only at a time then do two huge games and ending up disappointing on both...

Edited by Qrow

Yeah and considering SE's game developement cycle with these sort of big games, I won't be surprised if we don't see KH3 until near the end of the PS4's life cycle and FF7 Remake releases on the PS5 similiar with FF XV. This is what I honestly hate about SE. They make some great games but they can take forever making them. I'm not saying that they should rush developement of both games and release a dissapointing, piss poor title like SEGA did with Sonic 06. But they should also not take too long in developing their games. Otherwise fans will lose interest after waiting for so long especially if you barely give any new information on it. And than there's the possibility of multiple changes in story/scenerios. If that often happenes than the final game's story could become a hot mess. FF XV is a perfect example of this.

Edited by Tails

I'm guessing kingdom hearts 3 is going to have a late 2018 to early 2019 release date 

also, this information proofs that my theory about kh3 having a potential 2018 release date now possible! xD

Edited by Zeldablade7

Well it's nice to see that we have a limit year as for the release. Even if it's kinda far it gives us a specific time frame to look at. As for me I think the game will be releasing late 2018 but, who knows right? The only problem I see with such a huge time frame it's that if it does extend to that of 2019 or 2020 who knows what consoles might be announced and stuff around those years and that might represent a problem in sales for the game as the PS4 might be getting old by then...

What's the relation between KHIII and FFXV exactly? I don´t see similarities.

And than there's the possibility of multiple changes in story/scenerios. If that often happenes than the final game's story could become a hot mess. FF XV is a perfect example of this.

Changes in story does not inherently turn the final story into a mess.

I don't care for FF7. They let better all teams working on KH3 to finish it.

Let's see if E3 will show the release window if not then I doubt it will release next year.

I don't care for FF7. They let better all teams working on KH3 to finish it.

Let's see if E3 will show the release window if not then I doubt it will release next year.

we need to keep in mind that SE wants to release the game as soon as possible without rushing it so they may end up showing the release window just to appease the fans, even if it's 1-2 years from now 

This is kind of old news actually xD

We already knew that KH3 was either coming out either 2018 or beyond

We knew it'd be in 2018 or beyond, but we didn't know that it'd be in the next three years.