Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

So Apparently I was the only one who didn't know...

Yes, the Peddler actually was hidden in KH1! He just didn't get promoted to full character until KH2, meaning he didn't have a voice actor in KH and he didn't appear in Jiminy's Journal. I don't remember when I found out that he was in KH1, but I know I found out during the days of the PS2 version. :)

You know, I never saw him in my PS2 or PS3 runs of KH1! Or maybe it was because I didn't go to Aladdin's house after having cleared the story for that world! Cuz the Trinities and treasure chests that I'd need from that world were all in the Cave Of Wonders! I actually did stumble upon him on my current run of KH1 on the PS4! :D

A few of the other worlds have characters like that too, I think. I don't remember seeing him in my PS2 run, but I did in my PS3 one, since the game's capacity for item shopping is apparently tiny.

A few of the other worlds have characters like that too, I think. I don't remember seeing him in my PS2 run, but I did in my PS3 one, since the game's capacity for item shopping is apparently tiny.

Yeah, I think they did that to give more the player more of a reason to go back to Traverse Town since it was a hub world in KH1 unlike how the other worlds are.

You know, I never saw him in my PS2 or PS3 runs of KH1! Or maybe it was because I didn't go to Aladdin's house after having cleared the story for that world! Cuz the Trinities and treasure chests that I'd need from that world were all in the Cave Of Wonders! I actually did stumble upon him on my current run of KH1 on the PS4! :D

Yeah I know right? However, I've only come across him once or twice during the main story like when Jasmine gets kidnapped or when you find Aladdin in the desert. I THINK he completely disappears once you complete the world & leave just like the other NPCs in Agrabah.

The better question is what is he doing in Aladdin's house...

Good god. Do you think those items he was selling were from Aladdin's house? 

Good god. Do you think those items he was selling were from Aladdin's house? 

Makes sense to me. Agrabah is the place where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face, but hey, it's home.

Yeah I know right? However, I've only come across him once or twice during the main story like when Jasmine gets kidnapped or when you find Aladdin in the desert. I THINK he completely disappears once you complete the world & leave just like the other NPCs in Agrabah.

Oh, I know what you mean! I think it was just after having finished Agrabah, or I think it was before sealing Hollow Bastion's keyhole that I went back to Agrabah to farm for synthesis materials, and when I arrived at Aladdin's House, the Peddler was there, and I was like: "Wut, you're here!? O.O" When I went again, he wasn't there, only the carpet, whom was ready to take me to Kurt Zisa!

Ooh, and the other NPC guy also disappeared, he was right at the entrance of Agrabah! I talked to him, but then he disappeared on me! On the PS2, I had talked to that man near the Palace Gates, but I had never seen him again! That's definitely weird!

Oh, I know what you mean! I think it was just after having finished Agrabah, or I think it was before sealing Hollow Bastion's keyhole that I went back to Agrabah to farm for synthesis materials, and when I arrived at Aladdin's House, the Peddler was there, and I was like: "Wut, you're here!? O.O" When I went again, he wasn't there, only the carpet, whom was ready to take me to Kurt Zisa!

Ooh, and the other NPC guy also disappeared, he was right at the entrance of Agrabah! I talked to him, but then he disappeared on me! On the PS2, I had talked to that man near the Palace Gates, but I had never seen him again! That's definitely weird!

I know the NPCs you are talking about. There's actually three with two being color swapped characters from Traverse Town and one being a color swap of Wakka. Those ONLY show up after you complete Agrabah. Like as soon as the player seals the Keyhole and receive Genie/Three Wishes/Green Trinity from Aladdin's house they can drop down see those NPCs. HOWEVER, as soon as the player leaves the world they never show back up for the rest of the game.

I know the NPCs you are talking about. There's actually three with two being color swapped characters from Traverse Town and one being a color swap of Wakka. Those ONLY show up after you complete Agrabah. Like as soon as the player seals the Keyhole and receive Genie/Three Wishes/Green Trinity from Aladdin's house they can drop down see those NPCs. HOWEVER, as soon as the player leaves the world they never show back up for the rest of the game.

Oh wow, really? Dang, then I missed the other two NPC's! That's messed up! I would've wanted to see the other two, but oh well, I ain't gonna restart my current playthrough of KHI! xD

But it's interesting how they just disappear...maybe their hearts were consumed by the Heartless, and they became Heartless themselves? :O

The better question is what is he doing in Aladdin's house...

Plot twist, The Peddler stole the items from Moogle and the other sellers from the market and ran to Aladdin's House to sell them before he is caught xD 

That's why Kingdom Hearts I is gold, you keep discovering things even after years of the game's release.

I can only hope that KHIII could deliver such thing too

Plot twist, The Peddler stole the items from Moogle and the other sellers from the market and ran to Aladdin's House to sell them before he is caught xD

That's why Kingdom Hearts I is gold, you keep discovering things even after years of the game's release.

I can only hope that KHIII could deliver such thing too

I honestly hope so too. 

Unpopular Opinion:

I actually enjoyed the platfroming and exploration elements KH1 had with the Dalmatians,  Hidden NPC's, Trinities, etc. I would REALLY like for them to return since it sort of emphasizes that JRPG aspect side of Kingdom Hearts that I haven't seen too much. 

I honestly hope so too. 

Unpopular Opinion:

I actually enjoyed the platfroming and exploration elements KH1 had with the Dalmatians,  Hidden NPC's, Trinities, etc. I would REALLY like for them to return since it sort of emphasizes that JRPG aspect side of Kingdom Hearts that I haven't seen too much. 

Totally agrees with the unpopular opinion, it gave the worlds different themes to remember and different ways of explorations instead of having a huge empty space full of walking and running on every world (looking at you KHII and BBS, 3D ur not far too!) 

​Luckily, we have retrieved part of the exploration part in Fragmentary Passage when we kept collecting Gems from Dwarves Woodlands, Flowers from Enchanted Dominion, and the Lingering Memories from all the locations.

​The platform exploration is apparently returning too, the mines in Dwarves Woodlands and the Forest of Thorns in Fragmentary Passage had some platforming elements. 

​So I am having high hopes for Kingdom Hearts III to have such elements back :D 

​I had this crazy idea that maybe if we had Stitch's world "Hawaii" in KHIII, maybe we could have the Experiment Eggs to be collected similar to the Dalmatians from KHI :D