Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What do you expect to see at tomorrows Pokemon Direct?

What do you expect to see at tomorrows Pokemon Direct?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to see at tomorrows Pokemon Direct?

• Pokémon Snap (new or old)
    • The rumored Pokémon Stars
    • Next gen Pokémon
    • Pokémon MMO
    • Pokémon card game
    • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
    • Switch-ports of older entries
    • Pokémon-themed Nintendo Switch
    • More Pokémon Go additions
    • Nothing good..
    • Something else? Share below!

Mostl likely it will be Diamond and Pearl remakes. HYPE!!!

I'm thinking Stars, or whatever it will be for the Switch. Finally need a reason to get one of those things anyway.

What if Pokemon Stars is the code name for the Diamond and Pearl remakes?

Nothing good, actually. I really like Pokemon, but the main games have become so dull and repetitive that I don't even want another title of those to appear because it's so bend on being extremely child-friendly that every implied depth seems to be swallowed entirely in favor of more grinding and even less story. Just my opinion, though. And it feels like they fully intend to stay that way and not provide anything for older audiences, despite a lot of their fans being old enough to handle other themes in more detail. It's a shame that some of the Mystery Dungeon titles made me feel more than the main games... I really don't like how the main games handle certain topics such as child abuse.

I would really like another Pokemon Snap, though since it's a nice pastime and with all the internet possibilities, it would be easy to share the pictures.

I'd even like a title more along the lines of Pokemon Coliseum with a little more substance to it because the concept was nice but once again, it lacked a little depth concerning almost everything.

But all in all, I'm expecting more of the same old, boring concepts with lackluster story because it seems like they don't want to change much. Like every attempt to do something more gets watered down immediately. Because the hints are definitely there.

(It says a lot when the creator said that the Red, Blue and Yellow arc of the manga are more like what he had in mind for Pokemon. Those are really a bit more mature, regardless of style.)

Edited by Merilly

Either Pokémon Stars or a Pokémon Yellow remake to celebrate the anime's anniversary.

(It says a lot when the creator said that the Red, Blue and Yellow arc of the manga are more like what he had in mind for Pokemon. Those are really a bit more mature, regardless of style.)

Don't say "the manga" when referring to Pokémon SPECIAL. It ignores the fact that there are dozens of different Pokémon manga, perpetuating the myth that only one manga exists, which is something I've seen annoying some Pokémon fans before.

Either Pokémon Stars or a Pokémon Yellow remake to celebrate the anime's anniversary.

Don't say "the manga" when referring to Pokémon SPECIAL. It ignores the fact that there are dozens of different Pokémon manga, perpetuating the myth that only one manga exists, which is something I've seen annoying some Pokémon fans before.

Considering I mentioned the RB/GY arc, I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about Pokemon Special, since no other manga I know of is divided into several arcs from several different games. As far as I know, most other manga are either spin-offs or focus on one particular game.

No offense, but I don't really care what annoys some fans because it doesn't mean any harm... I'm not insulting anyone by calling it "the manga" and then proceeding to mention a specific arc to clarify. It just takes a google search to see there are more but once you google the arc, it's mostly clear which manga I was talking about. ^^' And you obviously knew what I was referring to and those who don't won't care either way or will just ask.

I'm really hoping it's a remake of Red and Blue, or FireRed and LeafGreen, ideally for the Switch. With Switch's capability, they can do so much more with the graphics to update those 2 games - added to the increased complexity of the game mechanics since FireRed / LeafGreen. There was also so much allusion to these games from Sun and Moon, which I'm hoping is something more than just the fact that those games were released on Pokemon's 20th anniversary.

Technically, we are also traversing unchartered territory when it comes to remakes, since the next games in line after Ruby and Sapphire are technically FireRed and LeafGreen before Diamond and Pearl. That being said, I also wouldn't mind if it was a remake of Diamond and Pearl.