Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced For PS4

HYPE!!!!!!!!!

Are those 2 characters the new designs for Cosmos and Chaos?

Yeah they are. And yeah, I'm hyped about this too. I just hope this has online multiplayer so I can own people with my mains lol.

not only that but also THE POTENTIAL FOR DLCS!!!

Noctis and Sora could potentially be added >w<

Noctis should make an appearence in the game eventually. But Sora won't be in it since the is a FF-only fighting game. Plus the fact that Disney owns the characters in KH and don't want KH characters in a fighting game like Dissidia.

Well, let's see if it's actually worth getting

Hopefully they will release in on the PC

Also these "mysterious X" titles lol

The new Chaos though... ehhh... I prefer the original Chaos. We already got Jecht anyway...

I'm... deeply underwhelmed by the new Chaos and Cosmos design. Compared to the more inventive depictions of them in the previous game, they look like someones deviantart OC here. 

Other than that, game looks good. I'm happy to see that Terra is carrying her sword this time.

I'm... deeply underwhelmed by the new Chaos and Cosmos design. Compared to the more inventive depictions of them in the previous game, they look like someones deviantart OC here. 

Other than that, game looks good. I'm happy to see that Terra is carrying her sword this time.

Same. I don't like the new designs for Chaos and Cosmos. Chaos reminds me of Jecht and Cosmos looks like she would be a KH character with that small crown on her head lol.

Yeah if that is Cosmos, this design doesn't come across as a 'Goddess' of harmony.

The old design had an aura of divinity more so that the newer design.

This new Cosmos design looks like a cross between a female mecha hybrid and a pop star outfit xD

Edited by catmaster0116

I'd be disappointed if THAT was the final roater,its the same as the original Dissidia with some extra characters,I assume all the extra characters they added in the arcade version like Kain will be in the game,but still it should include all the Dissidia 012 characters at least.

And like everyone here,I'm also disappointed with the new Cosmos and Chaos designs,not because they are bad,but because Chaos doesn't look as intimidating as before and its no longer the final boss of FF1 and Cosmos doesn't look as much as a godess as she did before,I honestly though they were just new fighters from FFXIV I didn't know at first,they'll probably be both unlockable characters,I assume that's why they were redesign

SO MUCH HYPE

I'd be disappointed if THAT was the final roater,its the same as the original Dissidia with some extra characters,I assume all the extra characters they added in the arcade version like Kain will be in the game,but still it should include all the Dissidia 012 characters at least.

And like everyone here,I'm also disappointed with the new Cosmos and Chaos designs,not because they are bad,but because Chaos doesn't look as intimidating as before and its no longer the final boss of FF1 and Cosmos doesn't look as much as a godess as she did before,I honestly though they were just new fighters from FFXIV I didn't know at first,they'll probably be both unlockable characters,I assume that's why they were redesign

Definitely not the final roster. Ace and Noctis are confirmed to be playable as well, and I'd be shocked if Kain, Ramza, etc. didn't also get added. Not to mention the fact that DLC characters could exist, as they did in the arcade version, making the roster potentially massive. Personally, I hope they branch out to include Square's other properties, such as Chrono Trigger and (if Disney allows it) the Kingdom Hearts original characters. If they don't at least include all Dissidia 012 characters, though, I'm going to be disappointed.

Yeah they are. And yeah, I'm hyped about this too. I just hope this has online multiplayer so I can own people with my mains lol.

No they're not actually. They are new deities whose names are Materia and Spiritus I think.

No they're not actually. They are new deities whose names are Materia and Spiritus I think.

New deities, but it's pretty much the same thing all over again. 

2 gods that pick warriors that fit their morality to work for them like pawns. 

I call them new Chaos and Cosmos because that's pretty much what they are, and I am not going to remember their names any time soon.

And "new Chaos" is shorter to type than "the child of Chaos and Jecht" xD

Is this eventually coming to the States? Or is it just Japan only? Cause I wish to play it, and I can only play things I can get in my region! So please tell me or let me know if and when they will bring this over to the states! :)

I'm here just to post the official English trailer with English subtitles.

The new gods are Spiritus and Materia now. The arcade version and DFFNT reboot the Dissidia series.

Materia?Why Materia,its like the Magical spheres of FFVII,that's what I'll have in mind when I'll hear it in the game especially if Cloud say it in the story mode lol

The new gods are Spiritus and Materia now. The arcade version and DFFNT reboot the Dissidia series.

What ? It's a reboot ?

Oh well. Not like the story was a strength of the original Dissidias. But that means there will be no Cosmos nor Chaos. I'll side with the majority of you up there, not fond of the two new "gods". Cosmos was more graceful and Chaos will intimidating. At least, the last shot of them facing makes me think that these two will be playable.

I'm so glad that this game has finally and release window and I'll pick it for sure. I hope there will be a 1v1 feature or something.

According to gematsu, Noctis will be in the PS4 version, finally I will be pleased to play as Noctis. (Because... Final Fantasy XV isn't my thing... at all.)

And finally DLCs. I'm waiting to see what their have under their sleeves. Maybe Sora will be there, (Just like World of Final Fantasy) They annonced they would continue to backup the arcade version with some new content, characters but to what extent ? I really hope there won't be like 10 new characters, 5$ each.

My final words will be : I want a Crisis Core character. Maybe not Zack, maybe not Angeal, not AT LEAST Genesis. Plz. Thank you. 

Noctis should make an appearence in the game eventually. But Sora won't be in it since the is a FF-only fighting game. Plus the fact that Disney owns the characters in KH and don't want KH characters in a fighting game like Dissidia.

I can't stress enough how much that pisses me off. Like what logic is there in that? Your characters are already fighting other Final Fantasy characters in your own games, what makes the prospect of having just one or two of them in a FF fighting game unappealing to you!? It's not like you're throwing Donald and Goofy into a pit with Sephiroth to die or anything, you'd be using Sora, the character that was designed to fight off FF and Disney characters alike! The hypocrisy just baffles me!!

Still, there may be a light at the end of this tunnel, with KH3 on the horizon, maybe Disney will be a little more keen to take whatever chances they can to promote KH in some small ways. I mean they featured Sora as a summonable champion in World of Final Fantasy, it's not too different from what you would do here. I mean, yeah I understand there's a fundamental difference in genre here, tactical rpg vs rpg-styled fighting game, but it's still the same in spirit, it's Sora being thrown into a crossover FF game, it shows that they are capable of letting go of the idea that they need to keep Sora away from anything that is not strictly Kingdom Hearts. It doesn't necessarily guarantee that Sora would be featured in Dissidia NT (if anything they could still be dicks and keep him out of it, making the double-standard even more frustrating), but it at least shows that there's slightly more hope of it being a possibility than before. Or at least, as much hope as there was for Sora potentially being in Smash 4 with the fan-voting, and even then that didn't turn out that way. I'm just saying it feels less like a "99% NO" now and more like a "75-80% No". 

But Sora not being in this is one thing, I can understand and live with that (begrudgingly), but if they don't add Noctis into this at any time, I'm going to be convinced that both Disney AND Square have lost their marbles, may as well not have Link in Super Smash Bros 5 while you're at it.

I can't stress enough how much that pisses me off. Like what logic is there in that? Your characters are already fighting other Final Fantasy characters in your own games, what makes the prospect of having just one or two of them in a FF fighting game unappealing to you!? It's not like you're throwing Donald and Goofy into a pit with Sephiroth to die or anything, you'd be using Sora, the character that was designed to fight off FF and Disney characters alike! The hypocrisy just baffles me!!

Still, there may be a light at the end of this tunnel, with KH3 on the horizon, maybe Disney will be a little more keen to take whatever chances they can to promote KH in some small ways. I mean they featured Sora as a summonable champion in World of Final Fantasy, it's not too different from what you would do here. I mean, yeah I understand there's a fundamental difference in genre here, tactical rpg vs rpg-styled fighting game, but it's still the same in spirit, it's Sora being thrown into a crossover FF game, it shows that they are capable of letting go of the idea that they need to keep Sora away from anything that is not strictly Kingdom Hearts. It doesn't necessarily guarantee that Sora would be featured in Dissidia NT (if anything they could still be dicks and keep him out of it, making the double-standard even more frustrating), but it at least shows that there's slightly more hope of it being a possibility than before. Or at least, as much hope as there was for Sora potentially being in Smash 4 with the fan-voting, and even then that didn't turn out that way. I'm just saying it feels less like a "99% NO" now and more like a "75-80% No". 

Sora was in World of Final Fantasy because that game is intentionally designed to cater to children. Disney's market is children. Put two and two together and you see why the inclusion of Sora naturally makes sense. It's nothing to do with the irony of game design, World of Final Fantasy and Dissidia is Apples and Oranges.

Still, this is a definite purchase for me. I just want Vayne Solidor as the villain representing Final Fantasy XII instead of Gabranth.

Let's just hope they actually start revealing new characters now instead of hyping up returning characters.

I. CANNOT. STRESS. THIS. ENOUGH!

Edited by Guest

Materia?Why Materia,its like the Magical spheres of FFVII,that's what I'll have in mind when I'll hear it in the game especially if Cloud say it in the story mode lol

I have no idea why. Their names are just Spiritus (villain side) and Materia (hero side).

What ? It's a reboot ?

Oh well. Not like the story was a strength of the original Dissidias. But that means there will be no Cosmos nor Chaos. I'll side with the majority of you up there, not fond of the two new "gods". Cosmos was more graceful and Chaos will intimidating. At least, the last shot of them facing makes me think that these two will be playable.

I'm so glad that this game has finally and release window and I'll pick it for sure. I hope there will be a 1v1 feature or something.

According to gematsu, Noctis will be in the PS4 version, finally I will be pleased to play as Noctis. (Because... Final Fantasy XV isn't my thing... at all.)

And finally DLCs. I'm waiting to see what their have under their sleeves. Maybe Sora will be there, (Just like World of Final Fantasy) They annonced they would continue to backup the arcade version with some new content, characters but to what extent ? I really hope there won't be like 10 new characters, 5$ each.

My final words will be : I want a Crisis Core character. Maybe not Zack, maybe not Angeal, not AT LEAST Genesis. Plz. Thank you. 

Yup, it's a reboot. It's a PS4 port of the new Japanese arcade game (not actually new anymore since it has been around 2 years).

It'll be a totally new story written by writer Kazushige Nojima (notable for Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV (as original writer), Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II).