Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I can just imagen it that the game is released in 2020 or so just to give a date oke.

I can already imagen the fans bitching on the other fans because ''we'' forced SE to release the game and that is why it's not finished even though the game was in development since 2010/12 or so.

I am just giving a date oke if it releases unfinished in 2018 I can kinda understand because of the hardware change last year right? It was last year right?

But I can just tell you if the game in unfinished in 2020 if it releases that your it's not our faut... Either the game was to ambiguous or SE just firetrucked up.

Nomura would never release a rushed game. It's freaking Nomura the perfectionist we're talking about here. He won't listen to anyone to rush him.

By the way, we don't know exactly when the development started. Since it's officially announced at E3 2013, we'll just say that it started that year. It makes sense anyway since it was in an extremely early development and Nomura even said that they announced it too early..

Nomura would never release a rushed game. It's freaking Nomura the perfectionist we're talking about here. He won't listen to anyone to rush him.

By the way, we don't know exactly when the development started. Since it's officially announced at E3 2013, we'll just say that it started that year. It makes sense anyway since it was in an extremely early development and Nomura even said that they announced it too early..

add to that the fact that KH3 has reached a legendary status like Half life 3 and that it is one of Square enix most sucessfull babys, they would be beyond stupid to rush it. you can be sure that they did not just sit around, they most certainly have been collecting good Ideas here and there every now and than and Put in on a idea list

I have my share of problems playing a rushed game. *cough Spyro 4 cough* 

I just can't imagine Square Enix rushing a development of a game like Kingdom Hearts 3 or any other non-KH titles period. Unlike the company that made Spyro 4, they wanted to rush the game so they'll release it on the big holiday such as Christmas. They caught some H-E-Double Hockey Sticks big time.

No way in Hades's Underworld, that game would be rushed. Even Nomura don't want that I know for sure. 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

There's no way the game will be rushed. Nomura would never allow something to go unfinished, as others have said. Not to mention, the game has been in development for 4 years at least. That is a LONG time for them to be working on the game every working day. KH3 and FF7R are the two big games Square has that nearly everyone is hyped up for, so they really can't afford to mess them up in any way. 

And to answer your question, if by hardware change you mean the engine change, that happened back in 2014. So they've been working with the Unreal engine the past few years. 

If a game that takes so long to finish is rushed... then SE is CLEARLY doing something wrong.

Well, look at other games such as Final Fantasy XV, Mighty Number 9, and Duke Nukrum. Those games were in development for a LONG time and became a let down by a lot of people. If a game has a huge number of delays and a long development time then there is something wrong. I'm not saying that it could happen with KH3, but it that cold be a possibility for KH3 to share the same fate as well.

Edited by Tails

Well, look at other games such as Final Fantasy XV, Mighty Number 9, and Duke Nukrum. Those games were in development for a LONG time and became a let down by a lot of people. If a game has a huge number of delays and a long development time then there is something wrong. I'm not saying that it could happen with KH3, but it that cold be a possibility for KH3 to share the same fate as well.

True that, though in the case of FFXV, the director change certainly changed the development time quite a bit. It's not like they hae to start fom scratch, but a lot of content was changed, the Luminous engine isn't exactly the easiest to work with and all in all, the game was not in development for that long if all that is taken into consideration. No wonder it felt rushed.

As for KH3, the game probably started its active development 2012. Sure, Nomura certainly did some planning beforehand, but they seemed more focused on 3D until 2012. Then the engine switch in 2014, which certainly did not aid the developmemt at first since a lot had to be done again and there were some problems, or still are, obviously. So all in all, the game has been in actual development for maybe 3 1/2 years. At best. This is not a lot of time so if the game really would have been released this year, it would have been rushed. Let's not forget that a lot of big titles use technology they are familiar with and quite frankly, a lot of games are quite a bit of copy and paste. Which isn't a bad thing in terms of development time. But it's a luxury KH3 didn't have.

But alas, it wasn't released this year and very likely won't be or they wouldn't make such a mystery of its appearance at E3. But 2018 would be around 4 years. Anything beyond 2019 would make wonder what they've been doing all this time and would make me question if the management is completely off. Be it perfectionism, unqualified staff or not enough employees.

But I honestly doubt it will be rushed. It's a bit of a topic that tears people apart. I don't want it to be rushed but at some point, people cannot be patient anymore, especially for a series that will have a continuation afterward. It won't get easier to win over new fans, but while the models looked better in 0.2, they still varied a lot in quality. Sometimes they didn't do enough, then they did too much (which is sometimes even worse) and sometimes it felt pretty good.

If they can prevent it, they will, but some parts will seem rushed regardless because there's just too much they have to explain for everything to be answered.

Like all the others said: it's Nomura we're talking about. He would never release a game that he's not satisfied with. Maybe we won't get some kinda of content and get a Final Mix version later.

After playing the collections, I realized that Nomura had the whole story planned from the beginning. On KH1 he already thought about the Org. KH2 gave hints about the BBS. So I'm pretty sure that he knows what needs to be done with KH3.

The real thing that really worries me is Square Enix. I've said in a lot of posts already, I believe that they learned a pretty good lesson from FFXV, so I think we'll only get news on KH3 when they are sure of everything. Unfortunately we have to wait and see.

But if it's a bad game...well...they should hide under their beds...

Better question: what leads you to believe that KH3 could possibly be rushed in the first place?

Have you clued into the past 10 years or so, because if this game is rushed, then I guess it takes about 50 centuries for the perfect game to be made. No wonder publishers are so adamant about releasing unfinished games these days.

First of all, some fans will complain anyway finding something stupid to complain about or making up something to make a point. Second, they are not going to rush it. They have been going on seven years of production. They know the stakes and will not mess it up. They aren't that dumb.

Nomura: *Is "the perfectionist."* *Greenlit the plothole colony that was DDD.*

It's practically impossible to rush KH3 at this point, due to it's long development cycle and Nomura being Nomura.

That being said, it is entirely possible for it to be in Development Hell and come out worse for wear, similar to the likes of Duke Nukem: Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines. Games that had obscenely long development cycles, switching from different console generations and many different developers and coming out as lackluster, bug filled crapfests. It's no guarantee, but in this day and age, I've learned to expect pretty much anything. :/

But rushing KH3? Not in a million years will this game release will that happen.

I am confident that Kingdom Hearts III will not end up being rushed.

This game has a lot of expectations going for it, and Nomura knows that the world is ready to finish the Xehanort Saga, and as such, I'm sure he wants to deliver the most epic end to this arc as he can possibly muster, so being the perfectionist he is, I'm sure the game will end up being a quality product, and one that'll shake the world to its core and net Square a buttload of cash!

I'm hoping we see something at E3 that gives us more or less of a clue as to how development has progressed during the time we've been kept in the dark about the game's progress, ya know?

You must be new to the hate DDD plotline:)

No, I'm not new to that. I see hate in every single thing. But I'm new to people saying that KH3D is a "plothole colony."

Do enlighten me. What are the major examples of the supposed plotholes in the game? The only thing I can think about is the whole time travel thing since it's something undiscovered, full with paradoxes, and may have never been possible in the first place. But that doesn't make it a plothole. If it was, you can say the same for every fiction that involves time travel.

Anyhow, whatever the plotholes may be, whatever the hate is about, you're taking one example of a game out of so many games and titles directed by Nomura and use it as a counterargument that he's not a perfectionist. Plus, hating something is just a personal opinion and that doesn't outright make it a bad thing. Plotholes, however, I need to see proper statements on that.

Moreover, Komali made a good point. FFV13 was perfect, until Tabata made it a mess, claiming that he tried "to ensure the project could remain as true as possible to its original visions" by having Nomura as a co-director for a while before he was transferred away to other projects. It's still decent though but it could've been much better especially as a main FF title. Of course, I'm not saying that Tabata is a bad director. CCFF7 and FFT-0 were great. But when he takes over an ongoing project, he tried too hard to mix in his own concepts and ideas.

Tabata to the rescue hahahahaha.

giphy.gif

No, I'm not new to that. I see hate in every single thing. But I'm new to people saying that KH3D is a "plothole colony."

Do enlighten me. What are the major examples of the supposed plotholes in the game? The only thing I can think about is the whole time travel thing since it's something undiscovered, full with paradoxes, and may have never been possible in the first place. But that doesn't make it a plothole. If it was, you can say the same for every fiction that involves time travel.

Anyhow, whatever the plotholes may be, whatever the hate is about, you're taking one example of a game out of so many games and titles directed by Nomura and use it as a counterargument that he's not a perfectionist. Plus, hating something is just a personal opinion and that doesn't outright make it a bad thing. Plotholes, however, I need to see proper statements on that.

Moreover, Komali made a good point. FFV13 was perfect, until Tabata made it a mess, claiming that he tried "to ensure the project could remain as true as possible to its original visions" by having Nomura as a co-director for a while before he was transferred away to other projects. It's still decent though but it could've been much better especially as a main FF title. Of course, I'm not saying that Tabata is a bad director. CCFF7 and FFT-0 were great. But when he takes over an ongoing project, he tried too hard to mix in his own concepts and ideas.

Jees it's like a started a fire or something sorry to say that but that is how I read it.

I did not say that Nomura isn't a perfectionist or did you say that to the others?

I disagree with FF versus XIII was perfect, it was always a mess development untill the very end of release.

Edited by AwesomeKHfan