Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Info | Sign ups In the Company of Devils (mystery) - Sign-ups and Discussion

Have you ever lived by a forest or a group of woods? Have you ever stayed awake late at night because you swear you've seen something stirring in the distance, or heard something unusual originating from it? The citizens of Ascendance have, and are a bit too familiar with those all-mysterious bumps in the night. Age-old legends of the city are well known to most of the people of Ascendance. A devil is said to take rest in these woods and forests, one who is known for taking people in. These people either return changed in strange ways, and eventually disappear forever.

Our story begins with a set of students at Ascendance High School- a semi-well funded education facility which is located on the eastmost side of the city. The school is important due to what happens at night- desks are moved and arranged in strangest patterns, or white board markers are found with their lids off, evidencing the use of strange nonsensical drawings. Are there students sneaking in to add towards the city's legacy, or is there something more?

And why has a strange figure began appearing in distances undefinable? Could this be the Devil that everyone knows the town for? Are there some people the figure appears before more than others? If so, why these people?

Do you want to help solve the mystery? Are you a student at the school? Are you an adult who never believed in the legend, or a long-time believer? You can help reveal the truth of this town and its devil. Will you go down in history, or simply go down?

This RP is going to be very similar to mystery and supernatural shows and comics we watched and read as kids. It's also largely based around many urban legends from across the world. There may be some slight clue hunting, and even hidden messages in my own posts that may slowly reveal some truths. Think Gravity Falls! However, don't come to me for answers, because I will not give them out directly unless I choose to do so.

~Rules~

•      You must follow the KH13 RPing rules.
  •      Keep it PG-13.
  •      Cursing is allowed, as long as it isn't overdone.
  •      No God-Modding, of course.
  •      Do not Kill, or seriously injure someone else's character, unless you have discussed it privately.
  •      Do not control other peoples Characters.
  •      If you have any major idea's that you feel you should talk to me about, feel free to do so!
  •      Love interests ARE Permitted, with other peoples characters, or your own. If with other peoples characters, discuss with them first. No explicit sex scenes please.
  •      Feel free to have more than one character, but please don't have more than three- there can be exceptions if discussed with me.
  •      Please attempt to keep decent grammar. If English isn't your first language, it's okay, we understand completely!

~Character Sheet~

Name:

Appearance:

Occupation (If Student, put Student):

Personality:

Bio:

I hope you guys like this idea! It's something I've really been wanting to do.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

~Character Sheet~

Name: Sora Takagi

Appearance:

DjvXxjd.jpg

Personality: shy, socially awkward, quiet, kind, easily frightened yet has a strong will.

Bio:

Sora has not had the easiest of lives. Always moving, she finally got to settle in Ascendance...but her elation was long gone. Having lost her mother seven months ago, and her father losing his job and selling most of what they owned, Sora and her father moved to the town to start over. With not a lot of money, Sora works part-time at a maid cafe to make ends meet, and has dropped out of school to help her father, who got a job as a truck driver after sobering up following the discovery Sora too was an alcoholic alongside him.

Cleaning up and taking the long job, he has since removed all alcohol from the house and is currently on a long haul job, leaving Sora alone.

She has heard a lot about the legends, and tries to not go outside or leave at night. Though, having her own car and license does help.

I'm a sucker for a mystery rp.

~Character Sheet~

Name: Sora Takagi

Appearance:

DjvXxjd.jpg

Personality: shy, socially awkward, quiet, kind, easily frightened yet has a strong will.

Bio:

Sora has not had the easiest of lives. Always moving, she finally got to settle in Ascendance...but her elation was long gone. Having lost her mother seven months ago, and her father losing his job and selling most of what they owned, Sora and her father moved to the town to start over. With not a lot of money, Sora works part-time at a maid cafe to make ends meet, and has dropped out of school to help her father, who got a job as a truck driver after sobering up following the discovery Sora too was an alcoholic alongside him.

Cleaning up and taking the long job, he has since removed all alcohol from the house and is currently on a long haul job, leaving Sora alone.

She has heard a lot about the legends, and tries to not go outside or leave at night. Though, having her own car and license does help.

I'm a sucker for a mystery rp.

Accepted! Excited to RP with you again :)

I'll post my sign up sheet soon as well.

Accepted! Excited to RP with you again :)

I'll post my sign up sheet soon as well.

Aww thanks :D

Sora's dad has a small gun collection, should I have mentioned that? I just remembered that's a part of her father's characterization. Was distracted for a bit Dx

Aww thanks :D

Sora's dad has a small gun collection, should I have mentioned that? I just remembered that's a part of her father's characterization. Was distracted for a bit Dx

It's okay to mention new things as we go along and change things too- sometimes I forget to add things as well.

Name: Desi Vale

Appearance:

151210-news-quantico.jpg

Personality: Desi is a largely curious person who loves dressing however she wants- be it masc of fem. She's playful and joking, slightly agressive, but in a good way. However, when she's directly insulted, she shuts down and loses confidence easily. She loves cult classic films! She also loves singing- and wants to be in a band some day.

Bio: Desi moved here at a much younger age, knowing the legends well enough- but because she never believed them, she never thought to explore the woods herself, despite her curiousness. She lives with her widowed father. She doesn't really know what happened to her mother, but thought too sensitive a subject to bring up with her dad. She's a senior at Ascendance High, and participates in some after school activities.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

Name: Mary Louie (Full: Mary Louie Rosa Queen Jones)

Appearance:DDHuCpIU0AAhLK_.jpg

(Drawing NOT made by me, but was made by a very kind artist who helped me make this character visible from my mind to picture. Mary Louie is my own original Copyrighted character)

Occupation (If Student, put Student): Student

Personality: Mary Louie has a spunky, sweet, but sassy attitude to her character. She is somewhat stubborn and isn't afraid to talk back to anyone. She holds a New York accent in her voice and rather likes it very much. Mary Louie's very outgoing, social, and rather chatty at most. She holds a mischievous nature whenever she gets bored just for "something to happen". Mary Louie hates any kind of perv that comes across her way and promises that he or she will not have a pleasant time. Mary Louie can be curious so much so that she'll ask a bunch of questions no matter how many the person answers until she just runs out of questions. Despite her unappealing traits, she is rather caring and kind to those that she feels connected to and will be willing to help in any way possible. She STRONGLY prefers to be called by her name "Mary Louie" fully.
Mary Louie HATES alcohol and will disapprove any use of it in any situation. Oh, and she's bisexual.

Bio: Mary Louie was born and raised in New York city, hence her accent. She lived with her father most of her life since her mother was sadly dragged away by the affects of alcohol. Later on at the age of 12, her father got great job opportunity at Ascendance which he quickly accepted and the two moved there. Mary Louie had a rough start with first impressions with the folks there, but 4 years past by and she's pretty well known throughout by her attitude and surprising kindness.

Edited by kingdomhearts45

Name: Mary Louie (Full: Mary Louie Rosa Queen Jones)

Appearance:DDHuCpIU0AAhLK_.jpg

(Drawing NOT made by me, but was made by a very kind artist who helped me make this character visible from my mind to picture. Mary Louie is my own original Copyrighted character)

Occupation (If Student, put Student): Student

Personality: Mary Louie has a spunky, sweet, but sassy attitude to her character. She is somewhat stubborn and isn't afraid to talk back to anyone. She holds a New York accent in her voice and rather likes it very much. Mary Louie's very outgoing, social, and rather chatty at most. She holds a mischievous nature whenever she gets bored just for "something to happen". Mary Louie hates any kind of perv that comes across her way and promises that he or she will not have a pleasant time. Mary Louie can be curious so much so that she'll ask a bunch of questions no matter how many the person answers until she just runs out of questions. Despite her unappealing traits, she is rather caring and kind to those that she feels connected to and will be willing to help in any way possible.

Mary Louie HATES alcohol and will disapprove any use of it in any situation. Oh, and she's bisexual.

Bio: Mary Louie was born and raised in New York city, hence her accent. She lived with her father most of her life since her mother was sadly dragged away by the affects of alcohol. Later on at the age of 12, her father got great job opportunity at Ascendance which he quickly accepted and the two moved there. Mary Louie had a rough start with first impressions with the folks there, but 4 years past by and she's pretty well known throughout by her attitude and surprising kindness.

Accepted! Two more people and we will be ready to go!

~Character Sheet~

Name: Victoria Alabast

Appearance:

tumblr_o9mkucYWCF1umgz6ro5_1280.jpg 

Personality: (USUALLY THE PERSONALITIES OF MY CHARACTERS DEVELOP AS THE ROLEPLAY GOES ON SO I DON'T LIKE ADDING PERSONALITIES, but I will add some little notes) 

Big sister but not brave unless necessary, Probably has some mental issues, INSOMNIA is real, Quiet and reads too many books

Bio: Older twin of the Alabast family, her parents moved to Ascendance after her father got fired from his job and had to come to Ascendance to find one. She and her brother did not want to come to Ascendance after hearing the rumors, and Victoria has quickly developed a fear of the forest, even though she is supposed to be the 'big kid'. 

~Character Sheet~

Name: Alexander Alabast

Appearance:

tumblr_o9mkucYWCF1umgz6ro2_1280.jpg 

Personality: (USUALLY THE PERSONALITIES OF MY CHARACTERS DEVELOP AS THE ROLEPLAY GOES ON SO I DON'T LIKE ADDING PERSONALITIES, but I will add some little notes)  

Dyes his hair a lot and this time it is silver, probably has 8th grader syndrome still, his sister has to choose his clothes because he has no sense of style, is actually really funny but acts like he is not; which is why his sister says he has 8th grader syndrome. 

Bio: Fraternal twin of Victoria, Alexander is the younger twin of the Alabast family. He has become extremely quiet around people that are not his sister, but when his sister is with him, he speaks. Victoria thinks it is the forest making him act so quiet and scared. Alexander, because he is older, is expected to be verbal with others and it really has adults at the school concerned. Victoria knows it is probably nothing major, but will keep an extra eye out on him. This move to Ascendance as left a tool on both of them. 

Twins because why not, plus we are missing some boys so...

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

Name: Desi Vale

Appearance:

151210-news-quantico.jpg

Personality: Desi is a largely curious person who loves dressing however she wants- be it masc of fem. She's playful and joking, slightly agressive, but in a good way. However, when she's directly insulted, she shuts down and loses confidence easily. She loves cult classic films! She also loves singing- and wants to be in a band some day.

Bio: Desi moved here at a much younger age, knowing the legends well enough- but because she never believed them, she never thought to explore the woods herself, despite her curiousness. She lives with her widowed father. She doesn't really know what happened to her mother, but thought too sensitive a subject to bring up with her dad. She's a senior at Ascendance High, and participates in some after school activities.

Just don't get framed by the FBI now, Desi~

Name: Harrison Soto

Appearance: Often wears a short sleeved shirt, jeans, and wears tennis shoes casually, but wears black boots when he's working at the stables. If he is riding, he wears a collared shirt and breeches with tall boots. Brown eyes and dark brown hair, 5"8'

Occupation (If Student, put Student): Ranch Hand

Personality: Docile, intelligent, reserved, shy, extremely shy around girls, but incredibly brave and strong, he is also somewhat of a goofball.

Bio: Harrison has had a rough life. He was often bullied by his peers, mainly males, because of his passion for horseback riding. His parents died when he was 10, but they left him a gift; his very own horse, which was born two months before their deaths. Since then, he lived with his aunt, who owns her own stables. She has taught him the ways of riding competitively, and has won many shows. After graduating, he became a ranch hand, and is payed well, enough to a point he bought his own car. But he is still troubled by his past, and his horse, Thunder, is his only friend. He is no stranger to the myths of the city.. Sometimes at night, he would take his horse around town, mostly the school, having a quick getaway should something happen.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Name: Vic Crosley 

Appearance: 

58d40a8e73db5a427f477c669331b9b6.png

The day I don't have to resort to stolen art of glossy anime people for rps is the day I finally rest in peace.

Personality: Vic is very inquisitive, has a big imagination, yet is very indecisive. Because of this, he loves to write short stories, mostly about adventure, romance, and fantasy. He loves to research for his stories and does it frequently. He might have to slow down on it though or else it sometimes gets in the way of his studies. He's a little bit shy when meeting new people but usually, wants to be nice to everyone. Despite all of this, he is a believer of many types of myths, legends, and stories. He tends to be on edge about the forest and going near it, but at the same time has an odd need to find out more about it. It doesn't help that he's already somewhat a worrywart.

Bio: Vic has lived in this city his whole life and is no stranger local myths and legends. In fact, he secretly likes to look that stuff up whenever it comes up but tries his hardest to not let his curiosity get the better of him. His parents never seem to bother him with whatever he's believing or imagining, but they are strict about his performance in school, which could be a  whole lot better, especially with being a senior at Ascendance High. Right now, he is both trying to improve his grades as well as going around the city to research a story he's writing.

Edited by Hargleblargleboo

~Character Sheet~

Name: Victoria Alabast

Appearance:

tumblr_o9mkucYWCF1umgz6ro5_1280.jpg 

Personality: (USUALLY THE PERSONALITIES OF MY CHARACTERS DEVELOP AS THE ROLEPLAY GOES ON SO I DON'T LIKE ADDING PERSONALITIES, but I will add some little notes) 

Big sister but not brave unless necessary, Probably has some mental issues, INSOMNIA is real, Quiet and reads too many books

Bio: Older twin of the Alabast family, her parents moved to Ascendance after her father got fired from his job and had to come to Ascendance to find one. She and her brother did not want to come to Ascendance after hearing the rumors, and Victoria has quickly developed a fear of the forest, even though she is supposed to be the 'big kid'. 

~Character Sheet~

Name: Alexander Alabast

Appearance:

tumblr_o9mkucYWCF1umgz6ro2_1280.jpg 

Personality: (USUALLY THE PERSONALITIES OF MY CHARACTERS DEVELOP AS THE ROLEPLAY GOES ON SO I DON'T LIKE ADDING PERSONALITIES, but I will add some little notes)  

Dyes his hair a lot and this time it is silver, probably has 8th grader syndrome still, his sister has to choose his clothes because he has no sense of style, is actually really funny but acts like he is not; which is why his sister says he has 8th grader syndrome. 

Bio: Fraternal twin of Victoria, Alexander is the younger twin of the Alabast family. He has become extremely quiet around people that are not his sister, but when his sister is with him, he speaks. Victoria thinks it is the forest making him act so quiet and scared. Alexander, because he is older, is expected to be verbal with others and it really has adults at the school concerned. Victoria knows it is probably nothing major, but will keep an extra eye out on him. This move to Ascendance as left a tool on both of them. 

Twins because why not, plus we are missing some boys so...

Name: Harrison Soto

Appearance: Often wears a short sleeved shirt, jeans, and wears tennis shoes casually, but wears black boots when he's working at the stables. If he is riding, he wears a collared shirt and breeches with tall boots. Brown eyes and dark brown hair, 5"8'

Occupation (If Student, put Student): Ranch Hand

Personality: Docile, intelligent, reserved, shy, extremely shy around girls, but incredibly brave and strong, he is also somewhat of a goofball.

Bio: Harrison has had a rough life. He was often bullied by his peers, mainly males, because of his passion for horseback riding. His parents died when he was 10, but they left him a gift; his very own horse, which was born two months before their deaths. Since then, he lived with his aunt, who owns her own stables. She has taught him the ways of riding competitively, and has won many shows. After graduating, he became a ranch hand, and is payed well, enough to a point he bought his own car. But he is still troubled by his past, and his horse, Thunder, is his only friend. He is no stranger to the myths of the city.. Sometimes at night, he would take his horse around town, mostly the school, having a quick getaway should something happen.

Name: Vic Crosley 

Appearance: 

58d40a8e73db5a427f477c669331b9b6.png

The day I don't have to resort to stolen art of glossy anime people for rps is the day I finally rest in peace.

Personality: Vic is very inquisitive, has a big imagination, yet is very indecisive. Because of this, he loves to write short stories, mostly about adventure, romance, and fantasy. He loves to research for his stories and does it frequently. He might have to slow down on it though or else it sometimes gets in the way of his studies. He's a little bit shy when meeting new people but usually, wants to be nice to everyone. Despite all of this, he is a believer of many types of myths, legends, and stories. He tends to be on edge about the forest and going near it, but at the same time has an odd need to find out more about it. It doesn't help that he's already somewhat a worrywart.

Bio: Vic has lived in this city his whole life and is no stranger local myths and legends. In fact, he secretly likes to look that stuff up whenever it comes up but tries his hardest to not let his curiosity get the better of him. His parents never seem to bother him with whatever he's believing or imagining, but they are strict about his performance in school, which could be a  whole lot better, especially with being a senior at Ascendance High. Right now, he is both trying to improve his grades as well as going around the city to research a story he's writing.

ALL ACCEPTED! I wasn't expecting this many people to sign up! We'll start after one or two more days- I have a bit of planning to do!