Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Javelin434

Roleplay [OneShot Reboot] Kingdom Hearts: Requiem for the Light

[sign-ups for anyone still interested!]

Chapter 1: Deja Vu

“Are we really at the point where we’re sending out a doctor to the front lines?”

Lieutenant Jacob Snider, Field Commander of the Warriors of Light.

Disney Castle, General Quarters
“This is General Jason Schindler, Leader of what remains of the Warriors of Light, signing out for what may be the last time.”

With a click and a sigh, Schindler ended his personal diary to an electronic recorder that was in his hand. A red light blinked three times on the small handheld instrument before going dark, signalling the instrument’s offline status. Not a moment too soon, the war weary leader heard a knock on the bedroom door. “General?” the muffled voice informed, “You’re needed in the throne room.”
“I’ll be there, Snider.” He coolly replied back. 
Looking out beyond his rather cozy and luxurious bedroom through the ornate window, the general couldn’t help but feel conflicted at the sight of the azure blue sky. It looked comforting, but he knew better; beyond the sea of tranquil blue was a hostile place, and the thought of the ever encroaching darkness only made his heart sink just a little more. His anxiousness was reinforced as he witnessed a squadron of aircraft fly past, marking the end of one watch shift and the beginning of the next. It’s as if… I felt this way before? Shaking off the oddly negative feelings, Schindler took a deep breath and parted the doors that isolated him from the cruel reality that he now faces.  I wonder what His Majesty has in mind to turn this tide of war?

Disney Castle, Courtyard
The large passenger doors of the angular transport ship hissed open as the craft made a gentle touchdown in the rather beautiful garden. The warm, bright sunlight flooded the compartment, illuminating the valuable cargo inside: People. But not just any people. No, this transport was special. Within the metallic walls of the ship were the finest that the Warriors of Light still have. They had stayed back at the front lines, fighting tooth and nail to buy their comrades the time they needed to evacuate the desperate civilians off the falling worlds of Traverse Town and Radiant Garden. These people witnessed the atrocities of the darkness first hand; some were powerless to stop innocent lives being taken away in front of their eyes, others were simply too late. Whether the sights had affected these people remained to be seen, but it was clear that many would never be the same after the traumatic events that had transpired within the past three days. It is here that we find Lieutenant Mors, Lieutenant Armis, Keyblade Wielders Rei and Reiner, and Technician “Niner” skirting the edge of the passenger compartment. Behind them were a platoon of soldiers. Every single one of them had a blank expression; none bothered talking to each other during their transit from the fallen worlds to the safe haven of the castle.

The engines quieted into an a low, idling drone. A tall, well built man in what looked to be like keyblade armor approached the ship. His short, blonde hair glowed in the sunlight as the short blue cape that was attached to his left armored pauldron fluttered in the downdraft of the ship. “Welcome to the Castle!” the man saluted to the newcomers. His piercing green eyes were quietly assessing the veterans, checking for the tell-tale signs of lingering distress. “There are specific individuals here that command has taken interest in. If there is a Captain O’Malley, Lieutenant Mors, Lieutenant Armis, Keybladers Rei de Wynter and Reiner Anthem in this transport, please proceed towards the briefing room immediately. It’s down the hall over there, directly across the door that leads into the throne room.” 
"O'Malley is MIA, sir." One of the soldiers responded. 
"W-... What?"
"You... weren't updated, sir?"
The man balled his fists, but kept a straight demeanor. "No. I was not informed. Thank you for the information, soldier."

Disney Castle, Infirmary
“More wounded incoming!” A royal nurse announced to the staff that was currently on shift, “everyone to stations!”
Amidst the chaos of triage and preparing the area for new patients, it is here that we find Alexiei Valkire in his natural habitat. Gurneys started coming through the double doors that isolated the room from curious eyes. As the initial patients rolled in, the staff jumped into action. It was just another average day after all, and most of the nurses and doctors have gotten enough on site training since the war began to start specializing in certain types of wounds.
“7 burn patients!”
“2 frosties with 1 criti-”
"Set them over here! I need 4 bags of-"
“ICU we got a thunder patient!”
“Can we really save her like this?”
“4 slashed. 2 critical, 1 mortal and 1 minor.”
“Damned heartless…”
As the doctors and nurses scurried about, a member of the elite guards entered the facility. Carefully staying out of the way of the medical staff, he made a beeline to Alexiei and tapped him on the shoulder when the time seemed appropriate. “Alexiei Valkire?” the man asked, “I apologize for interrupting, but you are needed in the throne room immediately, by order of command.”

Edited by Javelin434

>>>BEGIN RECORDING<<<

"It's me again. Today was...more interesting than most, to say the least. I was encountered with the family of Katie Holt, the soldier who had arrived with both legs completely infested by darkness. They were adamant in letting me know that they disagreed of how...well, we handled her body. Of how he removed her organs for storage, I mean. I can't remember all of the words. Something about wanting a proper burial, and that taking her organs was beyond sacrilege. I got punched. Never got angry, though. How can I? They lost their daughter and...they can't even bury her properly like those before her. We're in war. The tensions are getting to everyone. We all have to realize that sometimes we have to go beyond our comfort zone to survive. Not long after I met with the family of Hanna Cassablanca, a soldier who received Katie's kidney, and lived through. They told me how grateful they were that I was able to save their daughter so quickly. How she was able to receive a replacement instead of having to wait on a list due to the amount of organs actually available after the No Organs Left Behind rule was set to place. I'm happy that I was able to save a life...but every passing day I keep wondering how far am I capable of going? We have already violated centuries of rules for the sake of the living. What will happen when we run out of food? Will we resort to cannibalism too?...not that I would oppose it...but...every war has a limit, and we passed ours long ago. We are grasping at straws and it seems like the needle might as well not even be in there. I...I will do what I can. I can't be weak. Us doctors are what are left of hope, in a way. We are meant to keep the people healthy and save lives. If our faces is the last thing that people see, we have to be there smiling, telling them that we will see them when they wake up to welcome them back. I have to be like that. I have to be strong. I'm not sure how long I'll last, but until I break, I will continue my job. People need my help-!"

"Doctor Valkire?! We need you in Medbay 7, there's been a complication."

"Coming!...like I said. People need my help. By this point there is no other life for me. But god I hope that we live through this...otherwise...all of those lives will be for nothing."

>>>END OF RECORDING<<<

List of recorded deaths for **/**/****

Marie Antoinette - COD: Hemorrhage - Blood type: A+

Nero Valentino - COD: Infection - Blood type: O-

Connor Kenway - COD: Circulatory Shock - Blood type: B+

Had Alexiei slept at all? He couldn't remember either. He remembered stepping out of the 2nd surgery of the day before he began to continue to fill a digital notebook full of patients names, writing down the ones that passed away, in a way, to make sure their names weren't forgotten, as well as writing down all information on the patients themselves. Blood types, health conditions previous and after the war, relatives; if one needed something, he was sure to have writing it down. Every detail was important and so every detail was uploaded to the system, all they had to do to know of the patient was to look it up. It was efficient, and made sure that nothing was either overlooked, or underlooked. As the incoming patients rolled in, Alexiei kept a steady calm, keeping watch over the trained nurses and doctors. If there was any need, any mistake, he would be ready to be there and to help. He was already snapping his head to a group in charge of a difficult one. "We must attempt all possible options to save the patient! If they cannot be revived by the third attempt, then they will be officially declared dead and their organs must quickly be preserved for further use, and the bed cleared for incoming patients!" He ordered. They couldn't save everyone, and nothing was to be left to waste, nor time was to be sparred. Mourning came later. The living came first. When the elite soldier called for him, Alexiei snapped his attention to him so rapidly for a second it looked like he would end up biting him. Instead Alexiei was confused by his statement. "The throne room?" He asked, his voice cracking softly. What could they possibly want now? Out of all times, when a rush of patients were flooding in like this? Regardless he had little choice. Command was command. He passed on the tablet to one of the nurses. "I'll be back as soon as I can." He said, the nurse nodding before rushing off to continue with the help. "Lead the way." Alexiei asked, walking off with the soldier as he stripped of his gloves, throwing them in the trash. The white apron he wore still covered in blood as he reached for the throne room.

Edited by Stardustblade358

"Ha! Busted!" Niner exclaimed after Mors, Armis, de Wynter, and Anthem were called out.

His lower set of mechanical eye lids were partially raised, a common quirk in his "humorous" moments.

"Give my regards to the brass."

Picking up the melted slag that had been the Elemental Cannon v.9.6, the Robotic Inventor trooped out of the transport. He was trying not to think about O'Malley, or what psychological scars the organics that he had fought with might be developing. Best to focus on something else that wouldn't depress him. Like the failure of v.9.6. That just made him angry.

"Blasted regulators." He muttered to himself.

Version 9.6 of the Elemental Cannon had been been made lighter and more efficient, but at the cost of durability. Niner had calculated it to be within acceptable levels, but the recent field test had proven those calculations inaccurate. Well, failure was a part of science. If he had time, he could make Version 9.7 even better. But with how the war was going, he decided it was better to get v.9.5 tuned up first, just in case.

"Gotdam robot rubbing it in," Ager muttered as the technician split. "And that brass is already giving me a headache," He said, clambering out, careful not to hit his head. Milas trailed behind him.

"I don't know, he's handsome, has a good stance. Worth at least half of you I'd say." Milas commented, giving the officer who'd come out to greet them with a smile and wave. 

"Officers just... They're worthless most. We're numbers and statistics, pawns."

"I'd say we're at least bishops."

"Screw your chess metaphors. Anyway, I didn't like them before all this, and the way most have responded to the pressure of losing isn't giving me faith." Milas watched the back of Ager's head, knowing that he was just grouchy because they'd been pulled out. They were both of course, glad to be doing something special, but they also hated leaving behind lines, positions they'd dug into and held against every odd.

"Still handsome."

"I'll give him that. Give him that until he provokes me into breaking his nose." They proceeded towards the meeting room, pushing open the doors, and taking a seat where seemed most appropriate. That was, not near the head.

"You little metal punk!  and really? we just came here and now we need to go to a boring meeting? Sigh" Reiner exclaimed as he got himself up from his seat taking steps out the ship. "Mmm well at least this place is still intact...most of it" he muttered as he turned to where Mias and Agers were a few seconds ago.. just to realize they already left... "Oh boy I´m not gonna be the last on that meeting. I don´t want more scolding than needed. Hey you hurry up as well!" he yelled to the last remaining there as he moved faster to the castle´s indoors. 

When the elite soldier called for him, Alexiei snapped his attention to him so rapidly for a second it looked like he would end up biting him. Instead Alexiei was confused by his statement. "The throne room?" He asked, his voice cracking softly. What could they possibly want now? Out of all times, when a rush of patients were flooding in like this? Regardless he had little choice. Command was command. He passed on the tablet to one of the nurses. "I'll be back as soon as I can." He said, the nurse nodding before rushing off to continue with the help. "Lead the way." Alexiei asked, walking off with the soldier as he stripped of his gloves, throwing them in the trash. The white apron he wore still covered in blood as he reached for the throne room.

"Ha! Busted!" Niner exclaimed after Mors, Armis, de Wynter, and Anthem were called out.

His lower set of mechanical eye lids were partially raised, a common quirk in his "humorous" moments.

"Give my regards to the brass."

Picking up the melted slag that had been the Elemental Cannon v.9.6, the Robotic Inventor trooped out of the transport. He was trying not to think about O'Malley, or what psychological scars the organics that he had fought with might be developing. Best to focus on something else that wouldn't depress him. Like the failure of v.9.6. That just made him angry.

"Blasted regulators." He muttered to himself.

Version 9.6 of the Elemental Cannon had been been made lighter and more efficient, but at the cost of durability. Niner had calculated it to be within acceptable levels, but the recent field test had proven those calculations inaccurate. Well, failure was a part of science. If he had time, he could make Version 9.7 even better. But with how the war was going, he decided it was better to get v.9.5 tuned up first, just in case.

"Gotdam robot rubbing it in," Ager muttered as the technician split. "And that brass is already giving me a headache," He said, clambering out, careful not to hit his head. Milas trailed behind him.

"I don't know, he's handsome, has a good stance. Worth at least half of you I'd say." Milas commented, giving the officer who'd come out to greet them with a smile and wave.

"Officers just... They're worthless most. We're numbers and statistics, pawns."

"I'd say we're at least bishops."

"Screw your chess metaphors. Anyway, I didn't like them before all this, and the way most have responded to the pressure of losing isn't giving me faith." Milas watched the back of Ager's head, knowing that he was just grouchy because they'd been pulled out. They were both of course, glad to be doing something special, but they also hated leaving behind lines, positions they'd dug into and held against every odd.

"Still handsome."

"I'll give him that. Give him that until he provokes me into breaking his nose." They proceeded towards the meeting room, pushing open the doors, and taking a seat where seemed most appropriate. That was, not near the head.

"You little metal punk! and really? we just came here and now we need to go to a boring meeting? Sigh" Reiner exclaimed as he got himself up from his seat taking steps out the ship. "Mmm well at least this place is still intact...most of it" he muttered as he turned to where Mias and Agers were a few seconds ago.. just to realize they already left... "Oh boy I´m not gonna be the last on that meeting. I don´t want more scolding than needed. Hey you hurry up as well!" he yelled to the last remaining there as he moved faster to the castle´s indoors.

[i love you guys xD Also I swear I can post during normal hours when this starts chugging along]

Disney Castle, Briefing Room [Ager, Mila, Alexiei]

Within the doors that our heroes were being directed towards lies the briefing room: An amphitheater-like area within the castle that was specifically outfitted for war. The semicircular, six-tiered seating arrangement were equidistant from a rather plain-looking, pristine white, waist-high circular platform that was at the center of the room. Standing around the platform were two individuals. One was wearing the typical officer outfit; complete with a thick officer’s belt that wrapped around his waist and looped over his right shoulder, and with his cap squared away giving him an authoritative look. The other’s uniform was actually keyblade armor: matte black, save for the red trimmings and a crimson, heavy duty looking braided cord loosely wrapped around the left shoulder with one side ending in a decorative tassel and the other seemingly attached to the breastplate. The one in white was visibly distressed, with the other looking down at the blank white platform, frowning and respectfully keeping quiet.

“I… I can’t believe his majesty is asking us to do this.” The one in white finally stammered, balling one of his hands into a fist as it shook ever so slightly.

“We have no choice, General.” The one in black sighed in response. “It’s gonna be harder without O’Malley around.”

“I can’t believe you didn't inform the admiral. He just learned of it recently.”

“He’s listed as MIA, sir. I didn’t want to tell him anything until it’s been confirmed that he’s… well you know…”

“Yeah, you're right. What if he survives, eh? He’d be doubly angry at you.”

“That’s why I kept my mouth shut until it’s confirmed!”

“Smart man. I hope he’s taking it ok.”

"I hope so too. Also since you've called for these people, I'm sure you're aware of Rei and her uh... well..."

"Habits?"

"Thank you general. I've already dispatched someone special to keep her occupied."

"No, it should be me thanking you for getting to know your troopers on a personal level."

It was at this moment that the doors burst open, revealing Ager and Mila to the general and the man in keyblade armor. The two lieutenants would immediately recognize the one in armor, thanks to being of similar rank: First Lieutenant Jacob Snider. As their gazes lock, a toothy grin slowly formed on the field commander’s face. “And here comes the finest warriors under my command! Nice to see you two again, Ager and Mila!”

Just behind the two incoming lieutenants was the elite soldier and Alexiei. He didn't flinch when the doctor noticed him, and had decided not to make small talk with the doctor. Whether or not it was because of being a quiet professional or because of the blood-stained apron was anyone’s guess. He pointed towards the room that Ager and Mila were heading into. “This way, sir.” Believing that the doctor's current outfit was a less than ideal way to a briefing, the soldier politely asked, “Sir? I am aware that we called you on such short notice, but are you really sure you would like to keep that apron on?”

Disney Castle, Courtyard [Rei, Reiner, Niner]

The blonde man in blue keyblade armor was somewhat saddened by the fact that O’Malley was missing, and now even more so after hearing Ager’s remarks. Did I do something wrong? Why is he mad at me?! Man, how does Snider keep people like him from creating an ‘accident’ on the field? As the two lieutenants walked past him, he was about to introduce himself before deciding it was a better to shut up and let them go as he shifted attention to the remaining personnel.

“Really? we just came here and now we need to go to a boring meeting?” He heard Reiner ask.

“I’m afraid so,” the man replied, “But I’m pretty sure that a boring meeting is the least of our concerns for now.” It is now obvious to the remaining members that there is something different about this man’s keyblade armor. Aside from the different color scheme of dark blue with golden trimmings, he also had a heavy duty looking golden braided cord loosely wrapped around the left shoulder with one side ending in a decorative tassel and the other seemingly attached to the breastplate. His posture was also notably different than the others; he was walking and standing up straighter than normal, and exuded stately confidence. After confirming that Rei and Niner would head towards the briefing room, the man caught up with Reiner and extended a hand as he was walking alongside the keyblade wielder.

“Ah, sorry about forgetting my manners. I am Admiral Levi Chandler, Commander of the Gummi Navy. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Reiner.”

Edited by Javelin434

"(Dopamine, Azithromycin, Ibuprofen-!)" Alexiei repeated in his head, his mind always busy even when he had free time away from his duties. His mind went to the patients that had been brought in, thinking of all the possible wounds and medicines that they might need for them. He trusted the nurses with his life, but he still felt that he had to be there for the sake of security in case something went wrong- Alexiei paused for a moment as the soldier spoke to him, before slowly looking down at his apron. To say it was bloody was an understatement. The scent it brought was nowhere near pleasing either, though Alexiei was blind from it by this point.  "(Right.)" He thought. He barely even noticed it. He'd been wearing the garment for the past...20 something hours or so? "O-Oh, forgive me. That's so stupid of me." Alexiei said, smiling softly as he quickly untied the apron, sliding it off as he folded it neatly. "Gloves are changed out of force of habit for the sake of cleanliness, but aprons remain until the job's all done, you know. If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have noticed...pretty embarrassing from my part." Alexiei commented, giving the soldier a warm smile before handing him the folded apron. for a moment, his strict personality faded to show his kind and welcoming side, just for a few moments, he could properly relax, even with dark circles under his eyes. "Sorry that you have to hold this. Just throw it in the laundry basket by the entrance of the infirmary, if you will. It should be sent for cleaning with the rest that way. Ah wait." Alexiei said reaching into his pocket and taking out...a...lollipop? Yup. A lollipop. You know, the standard ones that doctors usually gave out to patients. Alexiei somehow managed to get a handful of these and usually reserved them for the child patients, or whoever he really saw fit of having them, seeing that a sweet treat always seemed to cheer someone's day. God knows how many he had inside his seemingly endless pockets. "Here ya go! A bit of sugar is always good." Alexiei said as he handed the lollipop to the soldier. He then turned to Jacob, offering him a smile as well. "Hello there, First Lieutenant. Long time no see. Though that is a good thing, considering where I work. Have a lollipop too!" Alexiei said as he handed Jacob a lollipop as well, not really taking no for an answer on that. He bowed his head in respect, before turning to the briefing room, following Ager and Mila inside.

Niner chuckled to himself at the name calling he got from Ager and Reiner. He got that a lot from people he worked with, though most understood it was in good humor. If these officers and wielders were being called in, there was likely something big on the horizon. While his analysis of the declining situation did not have great odds on a successful "Hail Mary" strategy, he was just human enough to hope he was wrong.

Dropping of the slagged remains of his invention at a scrap pile, Niner went to a little work shop he set up near the courtyard. It was small and cramped, but it had most everything he needed. And anything he didn't have here, he could get access to from other areas in the castle. Switch some of the machines on, he pulled the last version of the elemental cannon and started diagnostics on it.

Disney Castle, Courtyard [Rei, Reiner, Niner]

The blonde man in blue keyblade armor was somewhat saddened by the fact that O’Malley was missing, and now even more so after hearing Ager’s remarks. Did I do something wrong? Why is he mad at me?! Man, how does Snider keep people like him from creating an ‘accident’ on the field? As the two lieutenants walked past him, he was about to introduce himself before deciding it was a better to shut up and let them go as he shifted attention to the remaining personnel.

“Really? we just came here and now we need to go to a boring meeting?” He heard Reiner ask.

“I’m afraid so,” the man replied, “But I’m pretty sure that a boring meeting is the least of our concerns for now.” It is now obvious to the remaining members that there is something different about this man’s keyblade armor. Aside from the different color scheme of dark blue with golden trimmings, he also had a heavy duty looking golden braided cord loosely wrapped around the left shoulder with one side ending in a decorative tassel and the other seemingly attached to the breastplate. His posture was also notably different than the others; he was walking and standing up straighter than normal, and exuded stately confidence. After confirming that Rei and Niner would head towards the briefing room, the man caught up with Reiner and extended a hand as he was walking alongside the keyblade wielder.

“Ah, sorry about forgetting my manners. I am Admiral Levi Chandler, Commander of the Gummi Navy. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Reiner.”

"Ah sorry... I kinda forgot to say hi. Nice to meet you as well." Reiner said to Levi, as he walked alongside him. As they moved Reiner thought of the events of Traverse Town. Usually Traverse Town appears in the hour of need of people as a haven for them. But now that is gone... where the people would find shelter when their worlds fade away? would they be lost in the darkness for good? would they find some other place? he pondered ashe checked his hand, still trembling over the use of Byfross. "So... how things are keep going here? you know.. apart of the chos outside this world." he asked to the admiral.

(Sorry I was out for the week >.< apologies)

Edited by Daniel Black

Rei was shellshocked. Her mother, gone. Her friends, gone. 2B, Lighting, Miia, Nara, Kaiser, Nico. Her band. Her family. All gone. She didn't really notice anyone or anything. She left everyone behind and found her way into the locker rooms. Stumbling into the very last shower stall and locking it, she slid to her knees and broke down, sobbing. She had lost so much, they barely survived. This war had slowly worn her down, taken everything she desperately wanted. Rei spent maybe a good five minutes getting it out, before getting up and slowly undressing. She needed a shower. She couldn't show up looking like a total mess. 

Folding and setting her things in a cubby nearby, she turned on and slid under the warm water. Everything began washing away...except the tears kept coming. Why? Why was she still crying?

The door opened and closed. The sound was like a gun, she yelped in fear.

"..." The footsteps approached, and she turned. The stall door opened, revealing Luna.

"...Rei?" She asked, voice soft...caring.

"...Luna..." She tried to smile...but as she looked into Luna's deep blue eyes...she lost it. She slid down to her knees and cried loudly once more. "They're gone Luna! They're all gone! Miia! Kaiser! Nara! Nico! They're dead! Mom's dead! I....I couldn't save them!"

The sound of cloth on tile was heard, and within seconds Luna had her held tightly. "Shh...shh..." Luna always wore a tactical sukumizu under her combat armor...Rei held her back.

"Don't leave me...."

"I won't, Rei."

"Promise."

"I promise!" She said. "C'mon Rei..."

"Prove it."

There was a moment silence. "Ok."

"(Dopamine, Azithromycin, Ibuprofen-!)" Alexiei repeated in his head, his mind always busy even when he had free time away from his duties. His mind went to the patients that had been brought in, thinking of all the possible wounds and medicines that they might need for them. He trusted the nurses with his life, but he still felt that he had to be there for the sake of security in case something went wrong- Alexiei paused for a moment as the soldier spoke to him, before slowly looking down at his apron. To say it was bloody was an understatement. The scent it brought was nowhere near pleasing either, though Alexiei was blind from it by this point.  "(Right.)" He thought. He barely even noticed it. He'd been wearing the garment for the past...20 something hours or so? "O-Oh, forgive me. That's so stupid of me." Alexiei said, smiling softly as he quickly untied the apron, sliding it off as he folded it neatly. "Gloves are changed out of force of habit for the sake of cleanliness, but aprons remain until the job's all done, you know. If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have noticed...pretty embarrassing from my part." Alexiei commented, giving the soldier a warm smile before handing him the folded apron. for a moment, his strict personality faded to show his kind and welcoming side, just for a few moments, he could properly relax, even with dark circles under his eyes. "Sorry that you have to hold this. Just throw it in the laundry basket by the entrance of the infirmary, if you will. It should be sent for cleaning with the rest that way. Ah wait." Alexiei said reaching into his pocket and taking out...a...lollipop? Yup. A lollipop. You know, the standard ones that doctors usually gave out to patients. Alexiei somehow managed to get a handful of these and usually reserved them for the child patients, or whoever he really saw fit of having them, seeing that a sweet treat always seemed to cheer someone's day. God knows how many he had inside his seemingly endless pockets. "Here ya go! A bit of sugar is always good." Alexiei said as he handed the lollipop to the soldier. He then turned to Jacob, offering him a smile as well. "Hello there, First Lieutenant. Long time no see. Though that is a good thing, considering where I work. Have a lollipop too!" Alexiei said as he handed Jacob a lollipop as well, not really taking no for an answer on that. He bowed his head in respect, before turning to the briefing room, following Ager and Mila inside.

Niner chuckled to himself at the name calling he got from Ager and Reiner. He got that a lot from people he worked with, though most understood it was in good humor. If these officers and wielders were being called in, there was likely something big on the horizon. While his analysis of the declining situation did not have great odds on a successful "Hail Mary" strategy, he was just human enough to hope he was wrong.
Dropping of the slagged remains of his invention at a scrap pile, Niner went to a little work shop he set up near the courtyard. It was small and cramped, but it had most everything he needed. And anything he didn't have here, he could get access to from other areas in the castle. Switch some of the machines on, he pulled the last version of the elemental cannon and started diagnostics on it.

"Ah sorry... I kinda forgot to say hi. Nice to meet you as well." Reiner said to Levi, as he walked alongside him. As they moved Reiner thought of the events of Traverse Town. Usually Traverse Town appears in the hour of need of people as a haven for them. But now that is gone... where the people would find shelter when their worlds fade away? would they be lost in the darkness for good? would they find some other place? he pondered ashe checked his hand, still trembling over the use of Byfross. "So... how things are keep going here? you know.. apart of the chos outside this world." he asked to the admiral.

(Sorry I was out for the week >.< apologies)

Rei was shellshocked. Her mother, gone. Her friends, gone. 2B, Lighting, Miia, Nara, Kaiser, Nico. Her band. Her family. All gone. She didn't really notice anyone or anything. She left everyone behind and found her way into the locker rooms. Stumbling into the very last shower stall and locking it, she slid to her knees and broke down, sobbing. She had lost so much, they barely survived. This war had slowly worn her down, taken everything she desperately wanted. Rei spent maybe a good five minutes getting it out, before getting up and slowly undressing. She needed a shower. She couldn't show up looking like a total mess. 

Folding and setting her things in a cubby nearby, she turned on and slid under the warm water. Everything began washing away...except the tears kept coming. Why? Why was she still crying?

The door opened and closed. The sound was like a gun, she yelped in fear.

"..." The footsteps approached, and she turned. The stall door opened, revealing Luna.

"...Rei?" She asked, voice soft...caring.

"...Luna..." She tried to smile...but as she looked into Luna's deep blue eyes...she lost it. She slid down to her knees and cried loudly once more. "They're gone Luna! They're all gone! Miia! Kaiser! Nara! Nico! They're dead! Mom's dead! I....I couldn't save them!"

The sound of cloth on tile was heard, and within seconds Luna had her held tightly. "Shh...shh..." Luna always wore a tactical sukumizu under her combat armor...Rei held her back.

"Don't leave me...."

"I won't, Rei."

"Promise."

"I promise!" She said. "C'mon Rei..."

"Prove it."

There was a moment silence. "Ok."

Disney Castle, Briefing Room [Milas, Ager, Alexiei]

"O-Oh, forgive me. That's so stupid of me. Gloves are changed out of force of habit for the sake of cleanliness, but aprons remain until the job's all done, you know. If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have noticed...pretty embarrassing from my part.”

The elite soldier sighed in relief now knowing that the doctor wasn’t trying to make a statement with the disheartening attire. “Uh.. N-no problem, sir.” he stammered, trying to cope with the fact that he corrected a doctor out of all people. What little reservation he had towards Alexiei was quickly replaced with numbing dread as the doctor handed him the bloody apron. He obliged of course, and reached out with the degree of professionalism that was to be expected of a soldier.

"Sorry that you have to hold this. Just throw it in the laundry basket by the entrance of the infirmary, if you will. It should be sent for cleaning with the rest that way."

“Right away, sir.” the soldier snapped instinctively.

“Ah wait."

“Sir?”

It should be noted here that the soldier that stood next to Alexiei was one of the best that the Warriors of Light has. He has stared at a darkside’s gaping chest cavity more than he would like to admit, witnessed neoshadows ambushing and eviscerating squads with an efficiency beyond reason, laughed mere centimeters from the edge of a bloodied beak of a knight’s helmet before blowing it up to smithereens, and thought nothing of the horrors that he has witnessed thus far. But being handed a lollipop by a doctor with a bloodied apron was the last thing the soldier had expected. It caught him so off guard in fact, that all he can do was stand there. Staring.

"Here ya go! A bit of sugar is always good."

Silence. Was he finally broken? Or did the treat trigger memories that were best left buried? Whatever the case, the soldier quietly took the treat with shaking hands. “Th-... thank you?” he stammered before doing a quick about face and scurried off to the laundry basket as Alexiei instructed.

“WOOOOO! SUGAR!” Snider exclaimed as he took the lollipop away from Alexiei’s hand the moment he was offered the treat. “If it weren’t for the general here, I’d give you an instant promotion for this!” Schindler quietly facepalmed as the lieutenant gave a couple licks. “Anyways, we’re about to get started. Take a seat,  get comfortable and feel free to make a few new friends.”

“Snider,” The general sighed, “Where are the others?”

“Ager and Milas are here. I’m going to assume that Rei is being taken care of.”

“And Niner?”

“Servicing his weapon. We can continue without him since I got the briefing in a datastick. Just hand it to him after this and he’ll be up to date.”

“Wonderful. Where’s Reiner?”

“He should be coming in shortly.”

Disney Castle, Courtyard [Reiner, Niner]

The admiral cracked a shy smile as he stared out towards the courtyard, admiring the view. It was bustling with soldiers and activity; he even managed to spot Niner at the usual workbench. Shouldn’t he following us to the briefing room? Then again, getting a weapon back into serviceable condition does take a higher priority. Knowing better than to get in the way of a fighter, the admiral shifted his focus back to Reiner. “Not too bad around here,” he replied back to the keyblade wielder, “but it is getting harder to keep morale up with the recent loss of more worlds. Hopefully that will change soon.” He nodded towards the briefing room. “After you, Reiner.”

Edited by Javelin434

Alexiei nodded softly as he made his way in, only glancing back to see if he could see the soldier from before for a few seconds. He was the best in his field, no one could take that away from him. Yet his greatest weakness had to be his humanity for everyone regardless who they were. He had to be that smiling beam of hope for the patients, and in turn he felt that it was of best interest to keep such persona alive and going while outside of the medical wing. His head was pounding and yet he walked with the elegance and authority he had earned throughout his time serving. Everyone was tough here. You had to be. Otherwise you'd end up dead. The lollipops were a thing that he only began doing a few months ago, almost a year actually. They brought in this large shipment recovered from somewhere, because nothing useful is left behind, and inside many boxes were hundreds of the standard lollipops with standard flavors of cherry, blueberry and grape. He began to give them to the kids, and then to the adults, and eventually he began to give them to soldiers. Seeing them eat the sugary treat, bringing memories of childhood with a smile while recovering from their injuries made Alexiei sure that such a simple gesture was worth it. Hell, seeing Snider enjoy his made Alexiei feel much better. However, something was quick to tick him. Usually when he was called upon such meetings he was to meet with the rest of the doctors and a few generals or so. To discuss medicine inventory, sicknesses, casualties and what they could do to improve the chances of survival out on the field. So on so on. But this time he was with some of the best soldiers, straight out of the field to come into this meeting. Something was up...and his brain was already telling him this was going to either be very very casual, or very very serious. He entered the room following Milas and Ager, giving them a friendly smile and handshakes. "You just came back from the field, right? I'm glad to see you're alright. I'm Alexiei. I think I've seen you two in the medical wing once or twice." Alexiei said, quickly taking out two more lollipops for them. "Here. Sugar for the soul." Alexiei said as he handed them the lollipops and proceeded to take a seat, feeling an unimaginable sense of relief because oh thank God he was finally sitting down after so many hours. But he knew better than to think this was merely the beginning.

[Disney Castle, Briefing Room. Reiner, Rei, Alexie, Milas, Ager]

With most of the essential personnel gathered in the briefing room, the two formally dressed members of the group turned to face the relatively small group of specially summoned people. The lights in the room dimmed, and the pristine white circular table in the center of the room started to glow. “Good afternoon warriors,” the one in white calmly started, “For those of you who are unfamiliar with me, I’m General Schindler, Commander of the Warriors of Light. Before we get this briefing started, I personally wanted to say thank you to everyone in this room for your selfless actions on the battlefronts on the distant worlds thus far.” His determined blue eyes swept the room, glancing at everyone. His gratitude was genuine, and his confidence in the newly assembled company showed through a tiny smile on his face. “You’re the best that we have, and I'm sorry to say that we need you once more to carry out this new mission, ordered directly from his majesty himself.”

The tiny smile on the general’s face flattened out into a more serious look. “We have collaborated on the best course of action to accomplish this impossible mission while maximizing our chances of winning and minimizing our chance of defeat. With that, I will be handing this briefing to your actual commander.”

WIth the end of Schindler’s opening announcement, the man in black and red stepped forward and faced the seated audience. “‘Sup everyone!” he saluted, “Field Commander Jacob Snider here! It’s nice to see some familiar faces!” Sadly, his slightly upbeat voice ended there as he cleared his throat and sighed heavily. “Unfortunately, seeing familiar faces when they belong to other worlds is not a very good sign. As you may have noticed with all the different world residents in this room, the situation is rather grim. We’re on our last leg and we’re running out of time.” Snider paused for a moment to collect his thoughts, before continuing. “The worlds of Destiny Islands and Twilight Town are overcrowded with refugees. Almost all available forces are stuck with maintaining order and rationing food and water. However, scholars have warned us that all food supplies are critically low, and even with the most stringent rationing measures, we’ll be able to sustain the current population for about six more weeks, and that’s an optimistic estimate. It’s not that hard to see that we have a crisis on our hands.”

He nervously adjusted his collar before continuing.  “I’ve called you all here because you’re the best bet of accomplishing this crucial mission. We’ve been tasked with executing Operation Blind Knight. The mission: retake Traverse Town. I know what you’re thinking, but we have no choice. The only remaining option aside from a last ditch offensive is to start losing people to starvation and disease.” The field commander audibly gulped; the idea that all the darkness had to do was deny any territory victory for the light in order to conquer the remaining worlds was a very depressing reality for the young leader. He took a deep breath before continuing, “With this crucial objective in mind, this is why all of you were summoned here.” Above the pristine white, circular platform, a holographic projection of Traverse Town flickered into view, floating ever so carelessly behind the commander. “For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, Traverse Town is actually a sizable city that thankfully covers up only a quarter of the world. The rest is mainly empty lands that is perfect for agriculture. But what makes this a prime target for us is the underground food storage reserves: during our hasty evacuation the world, at most we managed to take 20% along with us. The rest is still there in storage, and since we know that the heartless doesn’t really seem to care about food, well it makes sense for us to strike this world first.”

As the holographic projection zoomed into the city, Snider’s voice started to change ever so slightly; Anyone familiar with the officer knew this was the part where things got technical. “So, you’re all here for the ground operation. Traverse Town is divided up into five districts. Your objective is to secure and lock the keyhole that is located in the second district. For all of us, our initial deployment zone will be the first district, and that will be in the hands of the pilots. Once you’ve landed, from there, push the attack into Second District. Keybladers Reiner Anthem, Rei de Wynter, and myself, this is where we come in. After ringing the bell atop the Gizmo Shop three times, one of us will need to seal the keyhole in order to deny the heartless the chance to regenerate on the world. Once the keyhole is secured, several Task Forces that are assigned to this mission will commence their assault, with several specialized transport units dedicated to invading the Third, Fourth, and Fifth District. Non-keyblade wielders like Mors, Armis, Niner, and you Alexei, are to assist the keyblade wielders and eliminate as many heartless as we can. Once the keyhole is secured, our remaining objective will be to clear up the heartless infestation in the first and second district until the place is completely sanitized of heartless.”

[bonus: Bio. Reiner] Snider eyed Reiner Anthem directly. “I am aware that you led the defense of the third district, and your actions are commendable, keyblader. Since Traverse Town is your homeworld, we would appreciate your help once again.” His gaze sharpened as a weary smile formed on his face. “We’re getting your world back.”

[bonus: Role. Alexei] Snider then turned his attention to Alexiei. “Look man, I know you’re a doctor, but this was straight from his majesty himself. Your primary objective in this mission is to support the personnel with your doctor-y hands if healing magic fails to help. Believe me, I was surprised when I learned that healing magic doesn’t solve every single injury out there.

Schindler added in to the briefing. “To all of you in this room, don’t worry about the other districts; all you have to worry about is sealing that keyhole. If you fail, it would only be a matter of time before the heartless concentrates on all of you and wipe you out. I know what you’re all thinking: Why not do an orbital bombardment to weaken the heartless that are occupying the place first before our boots hit the ground? I wish it was that easy, but since the admiral isn’t here, to put it simply, there are a whole lot of heartless gummi vessels the main force will have to go through before they can get close enough, and that’s gonna take some time. He has arranged for a small squadron consisting of the best ships, transports, and pilots to allow this group to 'punch through' this armada so you all can seal the keyhole, while the rest of the force will focus on making a mess between here and Traverse Town. On top of that, for the sake of humanitarian efforts and future sustainability of the population, it is imperative that collateral damage be kept to a minimum. This is a precision operation, with no leeway if one of you were to fall. With this in mind, I’ve assigned some of the best squads, armed with a new, experimental rifle, to accompany all of you. You’ll meet them outside this room once the briefing is over. They’re all there to help you, and if things take a turn for the worse, they’re all tasked with prioritizing your survival above all else, and for a good reason: You're all on your own until that keyhole is sealed.”

The general sighed quietly, praying that the lives of his best soldiers were in good hands. “If we win, not only will this solve our imminent crisis of overpopulation, but would also be the morale boost we all desperately need to rally everyone back into the ferocious fighting spirit shown at the beginning of this conflict. However, if this mission fails and we lose all of you, then this offensive will be the final nail in our collective coffin. The operation begins in three hours, so rest up if needed. If you have any questions, come on up and see me. Otherwise to everyone else here, do what you have to do, and rendezvous in the courtyard when the time comes. Best of luck, and may the light guide you to victory. Dismissed.”

Snider exhaled quietly as the weight of the situation finally sank in for the young lieutenant. “Are we really at the point where we’re sending out a doctor to the front lines?” he muttered under his breath...

[Disney Castle: Courtyard. Niner]

After having escorted Reiner to the briefing room, Admiral Chandler took on the more humbling role of messenger boy as he made his way towards a particular ‘key personnel.’ As he got closer, he cleared his throat audibly to signal his approach to the… er… being known as Niner. “Excuse me, Niner correct?” he started, “I have been instructed to give this to you.” As he handed Niner a datapad with the same information that was being parroted in the briefing room, he couldn’t help but feel the gazes of basically everyone in the courtyard. It didn’t surprise him; he was the admiral after all, and having on his rather flashy yet practical keyblade armor was the complete opposite of ‘subtle.’

“Attention everyone!” A voice called out from somewhere, “MP has finished their census on civilians. They're posting all the names along the eastern walls!” While the admiral waited for Niner’s reply, he shifted his attention to the people around him. There was some commotion, and eventually a good majority of the people in the courtyard started making their way out. A few stayed back, and it took everything he had not to choke at the sight. Elsewhere in the courtyard, a platoon of soldiers marched in. After the command to halt and disperse, the troopers patiently waited outside the briefing room. It seems that the people that Schindler had called for finally arrived...

Alexiei straightened his posture as the briefing began. He didn't know what he was expecting, but out of the possibilities, it definitely wasn't this. A suicide mission, part of him thought. A make it or break it solution to a problem that he was surprised was only showing up now, after much time. Unless they succeeded, they would end up dealing with having to decide who got to eat and who didn't. That would end up leading to starvation. Starvation would end up leading to medical complications involving undernourishment, and eventually death. And that's if there wasn't any angry revolt from desperate citizens to consider. "(We truly are on our last resort.)" Alexiei thought, his hands gripping into fists. Food wasn't even the only thing that they were beginning to run out of, but for the moment, it was the most important resource to take care of. His mind thought of what he saw on the tablet just moments before being brought here. "(We're running out of medical supplies, too.)" It would only be a matter of time before they would have to resort to old school medicine. No worlds meant no factories, and no factories meant no medical supplies nor medicine. No medical supplies or medicine...he didn't even want to think about it. Alexiei gulped slightly, letting out a sigh. "(I'm going to the field again, then.)" It had been a while. Not since the first few months of the war, actually, where he was tasked as a field Medic before being officially posted into the Castle's medical wing. But he had been there before. In the front lines, both killing Heartless while saving the lives of the fallen soldiers. The pressure was on again. He needed to prepare. There could be no mistakes. Not like there was a choice in it anyways. They were the last resort. The ace in the hole. The card up their sleeves. The eleventh-four. Do or die. Then so be it. Alexiei cleared his throat, looking up at Snider, smiling softly as he seemed kind of apologetic of sending a doctor to the front lines. "Understood. I'll immediately prepare after meeting the soldiers outside." Alexiei said, standing up as they were dismissed. He hurried over to Snider momentarily. "I thank you for your concern, Commander. I was a Field Medic before being stationed here. I assure you I won't be a burden to your soldiers, and I'll provide them all of the support I am able to give." Alexiei said as he reached into his pocket, pulling out a lollipop. He handed it over to Snider, pushing it into his hands as he made sure he took it. "Keep your eyes up, Commander. This isn't over yet." Alexiei assured. He then excused himself, stepping outside of the briefing room only to see that the soldiers were already lined up and in formation. Holy crap that was fast. He recognized the admiral's armor among them, quickly giving a small bow. "Admiral. Good to see you in good health. These are the soldiers we were mentioned, I imagine."

Niner didn't look up from his diagnostics on the Elemental Cannon for a few seconds after Admiral Chandler had spoken. He finally tweaked a setting, then looked up.

"Oh, Admiral." He said in a surprised tone, though it was hard to say if it was genuine or mock. "Didn't see you there. Yeah, let me see what you've got."

Taking the data pad from Admiral Chandler, Niner pulled out a stylus from a pocket. Not all touch screens worked with his metal fingers, so he had taken to using a stylus on everything to save time and embarrassment. He had been expecting some sort of theorem or request for some new technology he'd have to invent. What he got was a simple, little desperate plan. He had to admit, he liked the simple part. When it came to plans, Niner was all about simple. Less chances for Mr. Murphy to be proven right. It took only a few seconds of what others would assume was frantic scrolling form him to consume the briefing.

"Nice and to the point!" The robot declared, handing the datapad back to he Admiral. "I won't even mention the percentile chance it will succeed."

He glanced back at his cannon.

"I should have this hunk of junk ready to go when the rest of the team is ready." He said, turning back to the Admiral and jerking his thumb at the older elemental cannon.