Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Roleplay ~In the Company of Devils~

This RP is still open to sign-ups! Please visit our Sign-ups and Discussion Topic if you want to join!

Listen. That's all you have to do. When the moon lays to rest in the dark blue bed, the wind bellows and blows across Ascendance. All you have to do is listen to the whispers. Listen to the whispers, and they will lead you to where you need to go, and what you need to find. You may be put in danger. You may be frightened and uncomfortable. You may even be pursued, but we promise; once this is all over, Ascendance will be at peace for a lifetime. This is Alice Parr; This is Jonathan Reiner; This is Percy Paulson, and I need your help.

~Desi~

"...This is largely why Romeo and Juliet should not be viewed as a love story." The last of her brown hair falling upon her shoulders once her head tilted for effect, Desi Vale continued to speak in front of the room, slightly reluctantly, but at the same time, appreciative of the opportunity to practice her public speaking.

"A tragedy, perhaps, as many of these occurrences could have been avoided- but the truth behind all of this is simply that Romeo and Juliet did not even attempt to know each other- their likes, their dreams, or even their hobbies. Everything they had was simply based off of Lust." Desi always hated the story of Romeo and Juliet, which is why she was glad to finally present this paper to her teacher, and simultaneously, the entire class. She ended her presentation with a simple 'thank you,' and left the paper in a small tray on the teachers front desk before going back to her own seat somewhere in the middle row.

There wasn't really much to this school- it wasn't your usual small city school with no funding, but it wasn't exactly Blackwell Academy. Of course, most of the funding went to sports, but there were still many other electives such as acting, creative writing, and chorus- which Desi herself was part of. Set up like most high schools, there were seven periods a day, with this being the final period, which meant that as soon as the bell rang, Desi would head to her locker only a few feet outside the class, store her books, and walk home. Speaking of...

That sound which most students were waiting on finally came, and with it, a rush of zipping bags and rushing feet- along with a teacher trying to remind students of something no one payed enough attention to to recall. Once at her locker, with her books away, she waited a bit to see if she could catch any familiar faces before leaving.

Harrison Soto

In a large barn near the school, Harrison emerges with his horse in tow. It was a good day to ride; breezy, warm, but not too warm, and sunny. He mounts his horse in the arena, which was overlooking the road and school. This barn was different than most, as it was within city limits. Some students and citizens would spectate other riders, but Harrison preferred to ride when it was quiet. But today was different, his horse, Thunder, was scheduled to get his shoes replaced later.

Harrison guides Thunder to the sides of the arena. He keeps a steady walk around the ring.

Mary Louie

A group made up of 3 girls walked along the usual likes of students. One had red hair and was White, one had blonde and was White, and the last girl stood out: She had black hair in a ponytail style with a red bow and a slightly old-fashioned yellow dress with red Mary Jane shoes and orange socks, and she was Black.
"Finally! I was beginning to think this school day was never-ending. That stupid English test really messed me up." The red haired girl said. "Well, at least it wasn't as bad as Algebra. Why did they have to bring in letters into this? It's just numbers!" The blonde haired girl said.
"Hah! Oh please! Ya'll are a riot!" The Black girl spoke with a New York accent. "You two don't even know the horrors of the hardest class to ever exist in High School!" She said as she came across her locker.
The two girls leaned in close to hear what could possibly be much worse than subject tests...

"Gym."

"....Gym?"

"Hell yeah Gym! Ugh! It's so tiring! You gotta walk, you gotta run, you gotta do push-ups, sit-ups, jumpin' jacks, and all that other stuff that makes you sweat."
"S-S-S-SWEAT!?" The two girls exclaimed with fearful eyes. "Ya heard me. Sweat." The three of them shivered at thought of it. "Well, I-I'd better go now. My boyfriend reserved us a date at the Maid Café. He's so thoughtful!" The blonde haired girl said. The red haired girl's eyes widened. "Oh yeah! Hey, I gotta head to the movies for that new Boats movie. My boyfriend got us tickets!" She said.
"Aww! How sweet! Say...Mary Louie?" The Blonde haired girl asked.

Please don't ask me, please don't ask me, please don't ask me, please don't ask me, please don't ask me... The same thought swirled around Mary Louie's brain. She slowly turned around with a cheerful, but forced smile. "Yes, Tina?"

"You don't have a boyfriend yet, do you?" Tina asked.

Under that forced smile, Mary Louie just wanted to simply say: WHY THE @$#*& DID YOU HAVE TO #%%&@ ASK ME THAT!? THE HELL YES I'M STILL SINGLE AND I'LL ALWAYS @$&$* WILL BE UNLIKE YOUR RICH &%#&%....

But instead...

"Yeah. Pretty much." Restraining herself.

"You know, you should find one soon so you can do the things we can do with our boyfriends. Maybe you need to get out more." Tina mentioned.
"Or maybe she'll have better luck finding a girlfriend." The red haired Mabel added. This created laughter amongst the two girls with Mary Louie giving a weak chuckle.
"Anyways, we'd better go. Bye Mary Louie!" Tina said. "See ya tomorrow!" Mabel added.

Mary Louie slowly waved goodbye. "See you later! Be safe." She turned back to her locker. "....Geez Louise. Is that all girls think about now and days? Goodness gracious..." Mary Louie got her backpack, and closed her locker walking alongside the many unknown students walking by her.

You should get a boyfriend soon, soon, soon...

Or maybe she'll have better luck finding a girlfriend. Hah! Hah! Hah!

Little did those two girls know that they slightly hurt Mary Louie's feelings. They did not see any harm in their joke for they did not know of Mary Louie's true preferences...

The "Boats" movie is a reference to Pixar's Cars and Disney's Planes.
Mabel's name is a reference to Gravity Falls.

Edited by kingdomhearts45

~Alabast~

Riiiiinnnggg

Just as the old school bell rung across the halls, Victoria Alabast shut her book, making sure to mark the page before she did so. 
"Oi." Alexander Alabast had already stood up, his bag in his hand, looking down at Victoria who blinked at him. 

"We have to go to the library," Victoria said very simply, Alexander suddenly freezing. 

"B-By foot?" the boy stuttered. 

"It's not that far," Victoria assured, stuffing her book in her backpack. 

"B-But!" Alexander whelped.

"Nothing is going to happen." Victoria's voice turned a bit strict.

The two exit the school quickly and quietly, standing beside each other. They took a swift turn on the street, cars avoiding them. Why was Alexander so scared about going to the library on foot? He had a good reason. The reason being was the forest of course. Many, many people of Ascendance were terrified of the woods, and because of hearing the rumors, the Alabast Twins were no different. Victoria had gone to the point of getting pepper spray to carry with her, but doubt it would do any good in the path of a monster. 

Just like Victoria had promised, nothing happened at all to them. Victoria unzipped her bag and threw about three books into the return slot at the library. They would come here to do their homework sometimes, but Alexander never wanted to come...especially by foot. Usually, they would take the bus, but on foot, the two were able to get away from the obnoxious cries of other teens. 

"Economics homework." Victoria and Alexander sat beside each other at the wooden table in front of a large window, getting out their Economics books. They would help each other and would almost all the time have the same answers. 

This was the Alabast Twins routine. Together, in silence, overlooking the forest they feared so much. 

The maid cafe was slow before school got out, which gave Sora Takagi the perfect time to scurry around, putting this in order and getting ready for the rush. They had a couple coming on with a reservation and Sora was putting the finishing touches on the table, her grew hair lightly moving beneath the maid headdress. She scurried around the tables she was in charge of, doing her utmost bestest. The ruffled maid dress made little sound, drowned out by the soft singing of the girl.

"My sanctuary, yeah. Where fears and lies, melt away-ay-ay-ay..."

He slightly mournful singing sometimes brought down the others for a bit, but they understood why she sung the song so...so sadly. Soon enough though, her song finished, her tables clean, floor swept and everything possible was done. The slow time was over, and here came the crowds. Some passed, but soon enough the door would open, and the brunette dressed like a more modest yet cutesy maid curtised.

"Welcome back master!"

Sora and the other maid hung back, watching. The Manager had given Sora a photo of the couple who made the reservation. She kept a close eye out. Boy and girl. Blonde girl. She remembered her...always tittering about, flaunting money. Unlike Sora, who worked from open to close to pay for her very existence as she waited the monthly checks from her father, of which pretty much all went to bills.

She slumped a bit, before the girl next to her gave her a hug. "Thanks, Takao."

"Anytime!" The bouncy blue haired maid said with a grin. "Anything to make our mascot smile!"

Mascot. She was so cute, sweet, so natural at this...that she became the mascot. At least the manager gave her a bonus for taking it in stride.

Harrison Soto

Harrison picked up the pace to a trot, and then to a canter, and then begins jumping over four foot fences. Some people were already spectating, much to his discomfort. Some of the female citizens were astonished by his talent, while the men are disappointed that it was not a hot girl on the horse. But Harrison, while uncomfortable with the situation he's in, ignores the spectators and continues his riding. Harrison doesn't like other guys seeing his talent for riding, as most men believe riding was simply meant for girls only, and it didn't help that he was the only boy who rides here.

A few minutes later, he dismounts his horse and heads to a wash rack. His aunt appears and takes Thunder from him. "Why don't you go out Harrison? Take a break from work, go make some friends!" Harrison shakes his head. "I'd rather stay here and work..........." His aunt sighs and gives back the lead rope. "Harrison, you need to get out more. I'm just worried about you." She then walks away, and Harrison begins washing the sweat off his horse.

Edited by Endless Thundaga

~Vic~

"The sweet sound of the bells rang throughout, causing a young daydreaming teen to snap out of whatever he was thinking about. He looked around the classroom and saw all of the other students packing up and writing down notes. Vic proceeded to do the same, but mostly with scrambling to write down notes for an upcoming quiz. Once he was finished with that, he stuffs the notes in his bag and heads out the classroom and toward his locker. He gleefully punched the combination on the lock and put in the books that he didn't particularly need. He happily waved hello to a couple of the teens walking about before storming towards the library. 

Vic was very excited to do more research for his story. Thankfully, tonight there wasn't much other homework to do. At least, not from what he remembered. He was quick to approach the library and start looking for books to read. There wasn't much online about was he was researching for, in particular, so he figured local libraries were the best option right now. Plus, it's helpful that he was already a frequent visitor.

He checked out a lot of books and proceeded to sit down at a table near the middle of the room, somewhat close to the emergency exit and windows. He cannot wait to get learning.

~Desi Vale~

Giving up on the familiar faces, Desi began walking towards the doors at the end of the hall, only to stop shortly after. Not to far away, Desi could see an unfamiliar figure. a girl who seemed to be in distress. Straightening her back, she walked towards the girl, smiling the entire way.

"Hey, you okay?" Desi reached out her hand to place it on the girls shoulder, attempting to give some sort of comfort to the girl.

"I've never seen you before, are you new around here? My name is Desi!" In her mind, Desi wasn't sure if greeting this girl was the right thing to do. Was this girl antisocial, and disliked any kind of human touch? Did she kill someone? Does anyone know what time it is? Huh? Time? Why would I want to know the time...? School just got out, so it's about 2:25 PM. Desi held her head- a headache? She looked around to see that everyone around her was also holding their head- what happened?

"I just got out of English class, myself." Desi continued, having no memory of what just occurred- and nor would anyone else.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

"Huh?" Mary Louie turned her head around to see a girl with an onslaught of questions.

"Desi, eh? Weird name." She repeated. The girl made a small grin at the new girly face. "Eh, I'm alright. The name's Mary Louie. Nice to meet cha'." Her New York accent said. She then fully turned around to the girl. "I've been around here around here for a while now. Gotten used to it. Ain't as great as New York City, but I'm makin' it work. Though I do miss the plethora of people 'walkin' here!'" Mary Louie chuckled a bit at her own joke. She was starting to feel a little better now.

~Desi~

Snorting a bit of laughter from Mary Louie's joke, Desi smiled and saw the girl shining a bit brighter now.

"Well, Mary Louie, wanna come to the café with me? I was gonna head home but I think I could use some hot tea and maybe a cinnamon roll. I could show you a bit of the town on the way, if you wanna." Desi wasn't shy, far from it. She loved making friends- and this Mary Louie seemed like she'd be someone who could be lots of fun to hang out with.

"Oh." Desi looked at the billboard sitting silently on the wall near them- something she felt she needed to bring up to Mary Louie was present. Something that may be better to warn her of rather than pretend it isn't a thing.

"Uh, also avoid the forests at night. Some girl named Alice went missing last year around the school, but she was walking out pretty late. You're probably fine during the day though." Desi pointed at a poster on the billboard.

missing_alice_parr_rp_by_calebjhughes-db

Harrison Soto

After Harrison finishes washing Thunder, he puts the horse back into his stall. He felt hungry, but there was nothing to eat at the house. Harrison decided to go out, so he called his aunt to let her know. "Alright, when you get back, make sure all the horses have been fed! And try to make at least one friend while you're out!" Harrison sighs and puts the phone away. He quickly changes into his casual attire; a short sleeved shirt and jeans. The maid cafe was a block away, so he grabbed his car keys and drives over.

Once he arrives, he pauses at the door. It doesn't seem like the crowd has picked up yet. He opens the door, and immediately hears one of the servers sing a familiar tune.

~Desi~

Snorting a bit of laughter from Mary Louie's joke, Desi smiled and saw the girl shining a bit brighter now.

"Well, Mary Louie, wanna come to the café with me? I was gonna head home but I think I could use some hot tea and maybe a cinnamon roll. I could show you a bit of the town on the way, if you wanna." Desi wasn't shy, far from it. She loved making friends- and this Mary Louie seemed like she'd be someone who could be lots of fun to hang out with.

"Oh." Desi looked at the billboard sitting silently on the wall near them- something she felt she needed to bring up to Mary Louie was present. Something that may be better to warn her of rather than pretend it isn't a thing.

"Uh, also avoid the forests at night. Some girl named Alice went missing last year around the school, but she was walking out pretty late. You're probably fine during the day though." Desi pointed at a poster on the billboard.

missing_alice_parr_rp_by_calebjhughes-db

"Well, I've been here for 4 years. Think I know my way around. But I'll never say no to some food. Hee Hee Hee!" She responded.

Mary Louie tilted her head at the billboard. Something didn't seem right about this 'forest' thing. "Soooo...why haven't they found her yet? If it's so dangerous at night, why haven't they found her during the day? And what's so bad about the forest at night? What's in there besides a few frogs and crickets?" The black girl continued on, with a small smirk on her face.

"Come on, what's in there? Lions, Tigers, and Bears? The Big Bad Wolf? A house made out of candy?....Jason?"

"I mean, somebody made a move somewhere and somehow to get the girl right? They just need to find out who. They haven't given up on her, right?"

"Tigers, Lions, and Bears" - Wizard of Oz reference

Jason - Friday the 13th

Edited by kingdomhearts45

Harrison Soto

After Harrison finishes washing Thunder, he puts the horse back into his stall. He felt hungry, but there was nothing to eat at the house. Harrison decided to go out, so he called his aunt to let her know. "Alright, when you get back, make sure all the horses have been fed! And try to make at least one friend while you're out!" Harrison sighs and puts the phone away. He quickly changes into his casual attire; a short sleeved shirt and jeans. The maid cafe was a block away, so he grabbed his car keys and drives over.

Once he arrives, he pauses at the door. It doesn't seem like the crowd has picked up yet. He opens the door, and immediately hears one of the servers sing a familiar tune.

The Hostess, a downright bombshell of a blonde named Svenka. She smiled happily. "Welcome back Master Soto!" She said happily. "Would you like to sit in Sora, Rika, or Anya's section?" She asked, still smiling. She always was smiling. Sometimes, Sora, who was currently shyly assisting the couple (who may or may not have the girl who teased Marie Louise) with choosing their food. She glanced at the door, then back to them, her shy, soft smile still there.

Svenka shifted a bit. "And I don't mean to hurry you master, but the crowds are due any minute!"

Svenka:

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/akibastrip/images/d/d0/Kati_Raikkonen.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170102135654

~Desi~

"Oh, really?" Desi was surprised that this person had been here for so long. "I have no idea how I've never met or seen you before then... huh. Well, so much for the tour- but let's be on our way!" Desi linked arms with Mary Louie and started towards the building doors.

"So, about Alice. This town has had rumours of something in the woods for as long as there's been people. Sometimes people claim that someone is following them, some figure they can't describe- but it's always the same 'too tall to be a person' and 'refusing to step into the light' that people do get down." Desi unlinked their arms, as she did that initially to prove her friendliness. "I think it's bullshit, to be honest."

Once out the doors, Desi had to adjust her eyes to the light a bit before being able to continue, but did so anyway. Leading Mary Louie down out the parking lot- which was surprisingly empty today- and onto a sidewalk leading into town, Desi laughed.

"But Alice, there's always someone looking for Alice. She was a pretty loved person- by her parents, and the town. Her dad was a police officer, but he was fired after Alice went missing because he began accusing everyone they brought in for 'taking my little girl away.' It's really sad." Despite the rather downtrodden conversation, Desi managed to keep her smile on. "But, even with all this searching going on, no one has even found a lead..." She stopped outside the café, taking a moment to breath.

"Well, there was one lead, but... we're here! Ready to have the best food you've ever tasted?" Inside the café, she could see Sora- her favorite employee. She opened the doors, and shouted.

"HEY, SORA!"

~Desi~

"Oh, really?" Desi was surprised that this person had been here for so long. "I have no idea how I've never met or seen you before then... huh. Well, so much for the tour- but let's be on our way!" Desi linked arms with Mary Louie and started towards the building doors.

"So, about Alice. This town has had rumours of something in the woods for as long as there's been people. Sometimes people claim that someone is following them, some figure they can't describe- but it's always the same 'too tall to be a person' and 'refusing to step into the light' that people do get down." Desi unlinked their arms, as she did that initially to prove her friendliness. "I think it's bullshit, to be honest."

Once out the doors, Desi had to adjust her eyes to the light a bit before being able to continue, but did so anyway. Leading Mary Louie down out the parking lot- which was surprisingly empty today- and onto a sidewalk leading into town, Desi laughed.

"But Alice, there's always someone looking for Alice. She was a pretty loved person- by her parents, and the town. Her dad was a police officer, but he was fired after Alice went missing because he began accusing everyone they brought in for 'taking my little girl away.' It's really sad." Despite the rather downtrodden conversation, Desi managed to keep her smile on. "But, even with all this searching going on, no one has even found a lead..." She stopped outside the café, taking a moment to breath.

"Well, there was one lead, but... we're here! Ready to have the best food you've ever tasted?" Inside the café, she could see Sora- her favorite employee. She opened the doors, and shouted.

"HEY, SORA!"

~Mary Louie~

Waaaaaaaaiiit, isn't this the-

It was. The same Maid café that Tina mentioned she was going to with her boyfriend. All it took was just one look through the window and Ta-Dah!...There she was. With her boyfriend.

The couple.

The infuriating couple.

The couple that infuriates Mary Louie because she knows she'll never be part of...

A COUPLE.

.....Jesus, please take the wheel. In order to conceal her inner disgust, she wrapped her arm around Desi's closest arm to her. She took a deep breath and prayed to not have any type of interaction with the couple.

((I'M SORRY I WAS AWAY FOR THE ENTIRE LAST WEEKEND THEN GOT THROWN INTO WORK AND EVERYONE MISSED ME BECAUSE I DO MY JOB RIGHT))

Sora thankfully had put her things down when someone shouted her name. She yelped in the downright most adorable way imaginable, spinning in midair to land facing the door. If she had cat ears they'd be up and alert, a tail it would be bushy and straight. Seeing Desi...well, her face went from nervous to downright shy. Face flushing red, pulling her small book to cover her face, she stammered a bit. Not sure if the signs were easy to tell - she always feared they were - but she had a super big crush on Desi, and always entered Useless Lesbian mode whenever she was around...especially when she came in all hyper and called her name. Luckily able to hurry over, she curtsied. "W-Welcome back master!" She said jubilantly...a bit too jubilantly, one may possibly wonder. "I-I have a free table master Desi! It's even a window one!" Sora then realized Mary Louie was....hugging Desi's arm.

Eyes wide, their emerald shine dimming, she gulped. "I...Is this a date?" She asked, somewhat losing her composure and ability to keep up the Master-Servant dynamic that all Maid Cafes worked to produce. She quivered a bit...was she too late? D...did...someone else...already take Desi?

No one will say yes if you never ask...

Sora hated how scared...how shy she was...but she kept up her smile...waiting for an answer.

~Desi~

"HEY, SORA!"

~Mary Louie~

Waaaaaaaaiiit, isn't this the-

It was. The same Maid café that Tina mentioned she was going to with her boyfriend. All it took was just one look through the window and Ta-Dah!...There she was. With her boyfriend.

The couple.

The infuriating couple.

The couple that infuriates Mary Louie because she knows she'll never be part of...

A COUPLE.

.....Jesus, please take the wheel. In order to conceal her inner disgust, she wrapped her arm around Desi's closest arm to her. She took a deep breath and prayed to not have any type of interaction with the couple.

((I'M SORRY I WAS AWAY FOR THE ENTIRE LAST WEEKEND THEN GOT THROWN INTO WORK AND EVERYONE MISSED ME BECAUSE I DO MY JOB RIGHT))

Sora thankfully had put her things down when someone shouted her name. She yelped in the downright most adorable way imaginable, spinning in midair to land facing the door. If she had cat ears they'd be up and alert, a tail it would be bushy and straight. Seeing Desi...well, her face went from nervous to downright shy. Face flushing red, pulling her small book to cover her face, she stammered a bit. Not sure if the signs were easy to tell - she always feared they were - but she had a super big crush on Desi, and always entered Useless Lesbian mode whenever she was around...especially when she came in all hyper and called her name. Luckily able to hurry over, she curtsied. "W-Welcome back master!" She said jubilantly...a bit too jubilantly, one may possibly wonder. "I-I have a free table master Desi! It's even a window one!" Sora then realized Mary Louie was....hugging Desi's arm.

Eyes wide, their emerald shine dimming, she gulped. "I...Is this a date?" She asked, somewhat losing her composure and ability to keep up the Master-Servant dynamic that all Maid Cafes worked to produce. She quivered a bit...was she too late? D...did...someone else...already take Desi?

No one will say yes if you never ask...

Sora hated how scared...how shy she was...but she kept up her smile...waiting for an answer.

Mary Louie blinked once and replayed that question in her mind to see if she heard right. She then looked at her arm wrapped around Desi's. H-How did that happen??

She quickly unwrapped her arm from Desi's. "N-No, no." She chuckled a little at the girl's reaction. "We just met today. We're just getting something to eat. My name's Mary Louie." She said with a cheerful smile. "And I'm guessin' you must be Sora. Nice to meet cha'. Cute costume by the way."

Mary Louie blinked once and replayed that question in her mind to see if she heard right. She then looked at her arm wrapped around Desi's. H-How did that happen??

She quickly unwrapped her arm from Desi's. "N-No, no." She chuckled a little at the girl's reaction. "We just met today. We're just getting something to eat. My name's Mary Louie." She said with a cheerful smile. "And I'm guessin' you must be Sora. Nice to meet cha'. Cute costume by the way."

Sora's eyes lit up like the sun cresting a hill, like ten thousand suns going off, like the Home One focusing all firepower on a single star Destroyer, alighting the evil Imperial vessel with the righteous fire of revolution. Yes, they lit up pretty bright.

"ThThanks! I'm gl...ad you chose to come here!" She was still blushing...but she had hope! "Please follow me, I have an open table." She curtsied and grabbed a few menus.

Desi couldn't help but laugh when Sora asked if this was a date. Not because of the implications, but simple because of who Desi was- although with Mary Louie tightening her arm, she could see why someone would think that. Did she someone she hated?

"Sora, you know I don't date~~" Desi smirked a bit at the two, Mary Louie and Sora. "If I did though, I SUPPOSE it would be a difficult choice to make. You're both pretty cute~" She wasn't sure if this was a joke she wanted to make, because she didn't know either of the two girls' orientations.

"Sora, you ready for our orders, or is there a line? Because I'm hungry now- dunno if I could wait too long for a meal. I may just eat everyone here instead."

"Like I was saying, Mary Louie, there was one lead, but the guy ditched town and no one has heard from him since."

Desi couldn't help but laugh when Sora asked if this was a date. Not because of the implications, but simple because of who Desi was- although with Mary Louie tightening her arm, she could see why someone would think that. Did she someone she hated?

"Sora, you know I don't date~~" Desi smirked a bit at the two, Mary Louie and Sora. "If I did though, I SUPPOSE it would be a difficult choice to make. You're both pretty cute~" She wasn't sure if this was a joke she wanted to make, because she didn't know either of the two girls' orientations.

"Sora, you ready for our orders, or is there a line? Because I'm hungry now- dunno if I could wait too long for a meal. I may just eat everyone here instead."

"Like I was saying, Mary Louie, there was one lead, but the guy ditched town and no one has heard from him since."

Mary Louie felt a distant warmth coming from somewhere. It was either from the sun's light from outside or Sora's glowing face. Or maybe...She was blushing?? Mary Louie shook her to get the thought out of her mind. She was...Probably joking! Yeah! Sounded like a joke. The New Yorkian girl gave a small giggle in response.

"Really? Jeez, what a pain." Her New York accent commented on the investigation. "Somebody's life is in danger and he just runs off. Kinda cowardly if ya ask me."