Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axeken

Utada Hikaru releases new song “Oozora de Dakishimete” and announces release date for "Forevermore"

Utada Hikaru has released a new single today called “Oozora de Dakishimete (Hug Me in the Sky)” and announced that her next single “Forevermore” will be released on July 28, 2017.

“Oozora de Dakishimete” is a part Utada’s involvement in the advertisement for

and currently holds the #1 spot on iTunes in Japan. Additionally, “Forevermore” has been featured in Gomen, Aishiteru (I’m Sorry, I Love You), a drama series from TBS’s Nichiyou Gekijou.

Utada “Oozora de Dakishimete”Utada "Forevermore

Fans who are interested in the US can find “Oozora de Dakishimete” on iTunes or the Google Play Store. The song is available worldwide. Also, you can check out her website for more information.

These singles follow a string of news over the last year involving Utada’s comeback such as her 2016 album Fantôme and her manager/father’s comments on her involvement in Kingdom Hearts III which were retracted and changed. Also, earlier this year, Utada released the Ray of Hope Mix for both “Simple and Clean” and “Hikari” for the opening of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A fragmentary passage-. Currently, there hasn't been any official announcement of her involvement for Kingdom Hearts III.

So what do you guys think? Are you excited for these songs? Are you going to buy them? Do you like “Oozora de Dakishimete”? Let us know in the comments.

Click here to view the article

Hmm, this is very interesting!

It's good to see that Utada is actively getting back into the musical industry! I'm glad she's had much success! Here's hoping that she gets to record a theme for Kingdom Hearts III! Thanks for informing us of this, Axeken! :D

It's good to see that Utada is actively getting back into the musical industry! I'm glad she's had much success! Here's hoping that she gets to record a theme for Kingdom Hearts III! Thanks for informing us of this, Axeken! :D

No worries! I'm glad to informing those in need :)

Utada went further on to say:
"I'm so incredibly proud of this upcoming album. IT IS AMAZING! It will truly be a god among music albums" (Famitsu July 2017)

Minutes later, Tetsuya Nomura (Kingdom Hearts creator) went on Twitter to say:
1saupu.jpg

Edited by James Lutz

Sounds like this will be the big announcement.

A new Utada song and finally the confirmation that she will return sounds like something the Japanese audiences and the Famitsu reporter would freak out over like that.

While everyone was expecting a release date instead, that's why Nomura is pulling the emergency brake.

While I'm happy if the theme song is the big announcement, I think they are doing a very poor job handling and promoting Kingdom Hearts III.

If they pull anther short world trailer and minimal story cutscneses and just the announcement of the song without any release window, I'm really disappointed. By now this is getting ridiculous and they should prioritize a release by 2018 above all else. The Final Fantasy Remake should be paused and the developers help out for a few months like planned initially. The won't release both games at the same time anyway and after all this time, KHIII deserves to see a release rather sooner than later.

Seriously, as great as the game looks, if they go another few months without any word on anything, fans are starting to move on.

It's not like Unchained/Union X is doing a great job keeping a thrilling and fast-paced story alive to keep us alive until then...

Sounds like this will be the big announcement.

A new Utada song and finally the confirmation that she will return sounds like something the Japanese audiences and the Famitsu reporter would freak out over like that.

While everyone was expecting a release date instead, that's why Nomura is pulling the emergency brake.

While I'm happy if the theme song is the big announcement, I think they are doing a very poor job handling and promoting Kingdom Hearts III.

If they pull anther short world trailer and minimal story cutscneses and just the announcement of the song without any release window, I'm really disappointed. By now this is getting ridiculous and they should prioritize a release by 2018 above all else. The Final Fantasy Remake should be paused and the developers help out for a few months like planned initially. The won't release both games at the same time anyway and after all this time, KHIII deserves to see a release rather sooner than later.

Seriously, as great as the game looks, if they go another few months without any word on anything, fans are starting to move on.

It's not like Unchained/Union X is doing a great job keeping a thrilling and fast-paced story alive to keep us alive until then...

I can understand your frustration but I doubt it'll be "just" that. As nice as a theme song by Utada Hikaru would be, I'm not sure if a reporter focusing on games would freak out because of a song.

I appreciate her music and she's certainly a talented musican, but it'll likely be only one or two songs she'll contribute and it doesn't have much to do with KH3 itself. Especially the statement "a god among games" would hint more toward something game-related than a theme song.

As for a 2018 release: I wouldn't pressure the whole thing too much. 2018 will mark around 4 years of actual development in UE4. That is not a whole lot for a big title which can't recycle much of the old games like previous entries could or which other games do and is said to be rather big.

I agree that they should definitely start with providing information more regularly from now on to keep people interested and show more progress. They can't just abandon one of the games which will likely sell more than KH3, especially considering how much time it'll take to finish that due to its volume and episodic nature. If the first episode comes out before KH3, I wouldn't even be mad because it'll have several episodes.

I don't really want a rushed game just to get it out but SE certainly needs to reevaluate their business concept if all of their big games take longer than 6 years. Which is why 2019 should be the latest.

But fans won't move on, regardless of when it comes out. I read it everywhere but most of them are back when the next trailer drops anyway, even if they just do it to get closure.

They should have never announced it this early to begin with.

she has been away for far to long