Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Master Eraqus

Tetsuya Nomura and Yoko Shimomura comment in Famitsu; full production of Kingdom Hearts III music begins after the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World...

A new Famitsu article has recently been released, featuring comments from Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura and Kingdom Hearts series composer Yoko Shimomura after the latest, and last, Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - concert. Famitsu also released a multitude of photos from the last Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in Osaka, Japan.

Below, you can view translations for the article. We will be updating it soon to provide translations for the whole article.

- World Tour which started from March finally concludes

- Orchestra and recitation plays while showing pictures of the KH world at the end of the orchestra ( not sure if they were talking about new KHIII screenshots ? )

- When the second part of "Passion - instrumental version" ends, the concert will only play encore songs

- Nomura said next week announcement will be normal, but the announcement will make fans happy at least.

- Full production of Kingdom Hearts III music starts immediately after the world tour end

- KINGDOM HEARTS Concert - First Breath - Album will be released on July 26th

View the images of the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in Osaka, provided by Famitsu, below:

Click here to view the article

Mmm... How much does it take to create a full soundtrack for a game such as KH3? Does someone have any idea?

idk exactly, but composing music is hard and takes a lot of time, so probably it's going to take months and months. Plus, music production includes not only composing, but recording and mastering those songs.

This is could be bad news but mayby it will ends by next year :).

How could this be bad news? This only means they're advancing with KHIII.

idk exactly, but composing music is hard and takes a lot of time, so probably it's going to take months and months. Plus, music production includes not only composing, but recording and mastering those songs.

How could this be bad news? This only means they're advancing with KHIII.

yes it is hard work alltough the composer will have some general idea what "kingdom hearts music" has to sound like at this point it still has to fit in various situations and it needs to correctly  empathize a characters feelings and thoughts will at the same time not feel redundant I dont want to have that job

I just hope this isn't a "Forget about KH3 in 2018" kind of news :/

Okay, so for most games, music composition happens way later on in development so the composer has reference material for story, characters, and scenes.

Yoko Shimomura mentioned that she got the reference material last month.

Oh, and for games, some songs are made early on for promotional reasons, while the rest are done in mid-to-late development.

I just hope this isn't a "Forget about KH3 in 2018" kind of news :/

I don't think so, this is great news actually, have in mind we haven't even heard a KHIII original song yet

Exactly, I don't see how this is bad news either. Of course, this means it likely won't release in the next few months, but this was unlikely after January's interview anyway.

But it also means they have decided on all worlds, on all characters, on the bosses. Yoko Shimomura will have an easier time with Remixes (character themes and past worlds such as Radiant Garden), that will likely not take as much time as composing entirely new songs for let's roughly say 10 new worlds. It will take a few months, she will likely go through a lot of material, Disney movies included, but since she needs references of the game to compose, this means they are pretty well along.

I think this is great news, it's amazing that we're up to date with the development! But then again I never wanted or expected a 2017 release so I'm not really disappointed to begin with.

When developing anything, soundtracks are usually developed at the end. This is because the reference material will already be well developed. So the composer, in this case, Ms. Shimomura, will have a good idea of what feeling the song should cultivate.

Can't wait for the new soundtrack. I hope Shimomura will use a lot of older themes and mix them into something new as she usually does when it comes to new compositions. For example:

- Mix Castle Oblivion theme with Land of Departure theme for the new Castle Oblivion theme

- Radiant Garden should sound majestic like in BBS and mysterious like in KH1

- Bring back Sinister Shadows, Vim and Vigor and The Encounter somehow

Btw give Lea his own theme.

Lea's theme should have a bit of The 13th Struggle in it.

The 13th Struggle fits more with Org. 13 battles. Lea should have a sad theme like the others (except Sora of course).

The 13th Struggle fits more with Org. 13 battles. Lea should have a sad theme like the others (except Sora of course).

It still could have a tiny portion of it in the theme, just like Vanitas has part of Sora's, Ventus's and even Xion's (I think) theme in it. If she alters the pitch or speed, it could fit with almost anything she composes, I'm sure of that.

- Bring back Sinister Shadows, Vim and Vigor and The Encounter somehow

I'd bring back The Corruoted, Unforgettable, Untamable (as much as I hate it), Desire for All That is Lost, The Deep End, 13th Dilemma, Extreme Encounters, and Squirming Evil.

Thank you for sharing this awesome news with us, Master Eraqus!

Gahhh, this is so exciting! So that means that since the Orchestra World Tour Concert already ended, that means that Kingdom Hearts III's soundtrack is officially under way! DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!? This probably means that the game is far enough in development that Yoko can now be able to add in her musical magic to the worlds, characters and scenes of the game! Good God, I can't wait to hear a snippet of her new material! I think it'd be too soon to hope that maybe a bit of her new material will be heard in the new Kingdom Hearts III trailer this Saturday, but hey, a guy can dream, right? xD

But anyways, this is awesome news! It looks like Kingdom Hearts III is doing splendidly in development! Now all we have left to know is an exact or at least near estimate percentage of where the game is in development! I don't think it's unreasonable to think that the game should at least be nearing 78 to 80% completion? :3

Only just starting music production now...?
2019+ looking more and more likely.
Don't be surprised if this ends up moving to PS5 at this rate.

Only just starting music production now...?

2019+ looking more and more likely.

Don't be surprised if this ends up moving to PS5 at this rate.

As StormEriver said, though, music production normally starts near the end of a game's development.

Fantastic to hear. I can't wait to hear what this soundtrack will be like. KH music never disappoints. Imagine how impressive this soundtrack will be compared to the other ones? Yeah, I know KH1.5+2.5 received mostly remastered/reorchestrated music, imagine what the quality will be for KH3. It's gonna be so epic.

Music production starts near the end of development, bud.

Hope that's true. I believe I recall Shimomura looking at scenes first and thinking how to adjust music to that scene, so may be right.

However I'd think stuff like combat music and etc. could be worked on now.