Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
RikuFangirl2008

TV Steve Whitmire Will No Longer Voicing Kermit the Frog

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/i-am-devastated-to-have-failed-in-my-duty-to-my-hero-former-kermit-actor-speaks-out/ar-BBEiLYC?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

The link my mom sent me:  http://www.eonline.com/videos/262126/kermit-the-frog-is-getting-a-new-voice

I hope I'm at the right place posting this. I found out by a different link my mom sent me through Facebook Messenger.

But yeah. Whitmire won't be voicing Kermit anymore. I'm sadden to hear this, but very understandable of whatever the reason that may be. I really don't know how long the Muppets have been around. Probably way before I was even born. I remember my mom gave me and my brother "A Zing Into Spring" Kermit/Miss Piggy Plush (W/ Cassette Tape) and she might've done some kind of Photography thing at Target. (I don't really remember the photography thing though.)  I don't have the plush anymore nor the tape. I could say: The Rhyming Song was my favorite from the tape, because it was funny and I didn't understand it as a kid. But I get it as I'm older.

I also remember watching some shows I think like Muppet's Tonight, Muppet Babies, and I think that's it. (Although, it's a blur remembering them.) I do remember watching one of the newer Muppet's movie and hearing "Rainbow Connection" made me cry and inspired me to do a painting of Miss Piggy (Zing Into Spring Plush) for my Painting 1 class years ago. I could post it on here if you want me to.

I'm sure a lot of us, may have memories of Kermit. I just wanted to make a post about this.

UPDATE: Disney fired him. http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/14/fired-voice-of-kermit-the-frog-says-hes-devastated.html

And I will post my Miss Piggy painting on here later on.

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Kermit was voiced by his creator originally, Jim Henson, from Muppets creation, 1955, to Henson's death in 1990. Steve Whitmire took on the role after Henson's death until now, obviously. So, its not like Kermit hasn't had a voice change before, but this time it isn't due to death so I really don't know the reasoning behind it. But either way, Kermit from 1990 to 2017 has been such a beloved version and the one I really grew up with. It's a shame that Kermit voice actor will be a different person now, but I guess that is life. As long as Kermit remains the same character that Jim Henson created, even if it's a different voice, then the magic and spirit of Kermit will be in good hands and go on to inspire more people as they grow older. :)

Kermit was voiced by his creator originally, Jim Henson, from Muppets creation, 1955, to Henson's death in 1990. Steve Whitmire took on the role after Henson's death until now, obviously. So, its not like Kermit hasn't had a voice change before, but this time it isn't due to death so I really don't know the reasoning behind it. But either way, Kermit from 1990 to 2017 has been such a beloved version and the one I really grew up with. It's a shame that Kermit voice actor will be a different person now, but I guess that is life. As long as Kermit remains the same character that Jim Henson created, even if it's a different voice, then the magic and spirit of Kermit will be in good hands and go on to inspire more people as they grow older. :)

I forgot Jim voiced him first I think as I read one of those articles.  x.x 

Yeah, I read about this just a few minutes ago! It's really messed up, and Mr. Whitmire sounds very sad that he won't be able to continue voicing Kermit!

Now personally, I'm not too familiar with the Muppets, but I know they've always been a thing and that they used to feature alongside Sesame Street characters, and after that, there was that slew of films in the 90's plus the most recent films, of which I've only watched the 2011 one. So really, I know very little of the Muppets, but I do recognize Kermit, and I've always heard him with Steve's voice, and honestly, I find it hard to believe that someone else will be voicing him. It'll be weird listening to another voice that isn't Steve's, but hey, that's life! I just hope Steve can be able to keep pushing forward and never give up!

And yes, show us your painting! :D

He sounds really sad that he can't voice Kermit anymore. What a way to go, man.

It's very sad to hear about it too. Found out today Disney fired him.

Kermit is one of my number one role models. No matter how Kermit's voice may adjust over time, as long as he stays the same wonderful frog, Muppet, and person, I will always love him.

I will always love Kermit too. 

Yeah, I read about this just a few minutes ago! It's really messed up, and Mr. Whitmire sounds very sad that he won't be able to continue voicing Kermit!

Now personally, I'm not too familiar with the Muppets, but I know they've always been a thing and that they used to feature alongside Sesame Street characters, and after that, there was that slew of films in the 90's plus the most recent films, of which I've only watched the 2011 one. So really, I know very little of the Muppets, but I do recognize Kermit, and I've always heard him with Steve's voice, and honestly, I find it hard to believe that someone else will be voicing him. It'll be weird listening to another voice that isn't Steve's, but hey, that's life! I just hope Steve can be able to keep pushing forward and never give up!

And yes, show us your painting! :D

Yeah. It was sad as I read it myself. Hours ago, I found out on Facebook's Trending feed Disney fired him. Yup, there were a number of times I would see Kermit on Sesame Street as well as Miss Piggy and probably others? It's so hard to remember LOL. I probably have seen Muppets Treasure Island when I was a kid. I kind of know a little about the Muppets. Just a little. And maybe this new guy that's voicing Kermit may do a similar job like Steve's voice. I hope for the best for him too. 

I've posted my painting on the Creative Media forum post. You can take a look at it, if you want. :)

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Yeah. It was sad as I read it myself. Hours ago, I found out on Facebook's Trending feed Disney fired him. Yup, there were a number of times I would see Kermit on Sesame Street as well as Miss Piggy and probably others? It's so hard to remember LOL. I probably have seen Muppets Treasure Island when I was a kid. I kind of know a little about the Muppets. Just a little. And maybe this new guy that's voicing Kermit may do a similar job like Steve's voice. I hope for the best for him too. 

I've posted my painting on the Creative Media forum post. You can take a look at it, if you want. :)

Well, while it's sad that Mr. Whitmire will no longer be voicing the character, at least he had a good run with him, ya know? But still, it's kind of messed up how Disney just fired him off like that. I wonder what went wrong? :O

And awesome, I'll check it out as soon as I'm able! :D

Well, while it's sad that Mr. Whitmire will no longer be voicing the character, at least he had a good run with him, ya know? But still, it's kind of messed up how Disney just fired him off like that. I wonder what went wrong? :O

And awesome, I'll check it out as soon as I'm able! :D

I can agree to that! Yeah it's nuts! I wonder what happen too! 

Alright! Take your time! :)

I can agree to that! Yeah it's nuts! I wonder what happen too! 

Alright! Take your time! :)

Well, apparently it seems that Mr. Whitmire was getting hard to work with, and apparently there were some issues between him and Disney which led to what happened. It's sad, but hey, I heard the new voice of Kermit not too long ago, and he's not half bad!