Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hello there  :) ,

First of all, this is my first theory and english is not my mother tongue. I'm still learning english. So if there are some grammar or spelling mistakes I apologize and hope you understand what I wanted to say nevertheless.

I also don't know if someone made up this theory before. It just popped up in my head and I feel like a have to share it because I haven't read this theory before.

But now I'm coming to the theory!

I am pretty sure the most people in this forum have watched the Opening Movie from KH 3D. I've never thought about this movie much but when I rewatched all KH Openings this morning I noticed some things I didn't give much attention before. And I think it has a connection to the seven Guardians of Light who have to defeat the 13 darknesses in KH3.

In KH3D Mickey actually stated that Sora, Riku and he himself are three of the Guardians. And he also mentioned his "three missing friends" which are obviously Terra, Ventus and Aqua.

So that makes six Guardians of Light. So who is the seventh Guardian?

Which characters could also wield a keyblade? Kairi and Axel! But if you think more into there are more people who can wield a keyblade. For an example: Roxas!

So if you now watch the KH3D Opening (here is a Link) and skip to minute 3. We see how Xehanort appears and rises up a mountain at the Keyblade Graveyard like he did in KH BBS (after that we do not see Xehanort any longer but it's clear he has to be on that mountain). Sora and Riku jumps after him. Shortly after that Terra, Ventus and Aqua appear (three members of the Guardians of Light) and also Roxas appaers.

They landed at that mountain/plattform and lift up their keyblades. Ready to face Xehanort.

(There are also Donald and Goofy but I not going to count them in because there are kinda always fighting with Sora and there are not keybladewielders so they couldn't be Guardians.)

So Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Terra, Aqua and Roxas facing Xehanort who is the main villain which is going to be defeated in KH3.

Some times ago Tetsuya Nomura said there are no coincidences in Kingdom Hearts. So why should Square Enix show Roxas with the Guardians of Light facing Xehanort if he is none of the Guardians? If there is no meaning in it?

The KH3 Orchestra Trailer showed that Sora is trying to bring Roxas back. I think it's pretty sure that Sora wants to bring Roxas back because he deserves it. But maybe he also have to because Roxas is the last Guardian of Light.

I can't imagen that Riku and Mickey left to find Aqua, Ventus and Terra so they can defeat the 13 Darknesses together while Sora is just like "yeah, I'm going to bring Roxas back for personal reasons which have nothing to do with the 13 Darkness that have to be beated. Bye."

The KH3D Opening Movie could foreshadow the Final Fight of KH3. Like the Secret Ending of KH2 and the Opening of KH BBS itself foreshadowed the Final of KH BBS.

So what do you guys think about Roxas as a Guardian of Light? Would you like to see him as a Guardian or do you prefer Kairi or Axel/Lea as the last Guardian?

And if Roxas is a Guardian of Ligth will he wield Oblivion and Oathkeeper or a new mabey two new keyblades which symbolize his friendschip to Xion and Axel like Oblivion and Oathekeeper does? (In the Opening we see Roxas with a black keyblade which could be Oblivion or a complete new keyblade you can't really see that.)

Please leave your thoughts and be fair and kind.

Thanks  :)

Here are some screenshots from the Opening Movie just in case the link doesn't work or the video is deleted.

post-69364-0-33862300-1500045776_thumb.png  post-69364-0-77116600-1500045786_thumb.png  post-69364-0-12572800-1500045795_thumb.png  post-69364-0-53771500-1500045803_thumb.png

I really like your theory. It make sense that the DDD Opening is the end battle so that would also makes sense that Roxas is the Seventh Guardian of Light.

Yet I have some doubts in this theory.

Although the Secret Ending of Dream Drop Distance kinda confirmed that Kairi will be the Seventh Guardian of Ligth.

And I also have my doubts that Terra will be able to BE a guardian of  light since his body is possessed with Master Xehanort.

If that would be the case it will make sense why Lea is in training with Kairi to be a Keyblade Master.
Because like you said; there are no coincidences in Kingdom Hearts. ;)

I think that Roxas would take Ventus spot, and Ventus body would be used as a vessel for Vanitas, making Ven-Vanitas a Seeker of Darkness.

Idk what is this "bring roxas back."  He is in sora

Sora stated that Roxas deserves to be his own person.

That's very self-explanatory of what is Sora's objective about Roxas.

Sora stated that Roxas deserves to be his own person.

That's very self-explanatory of what is Sora's objective about Roxas.

Why?  He is half of sora.  They cannot completely cooexist.

Why?  He is half of sora.  They cannot completely cooexist.

They already did. I can't see any reasonable issue with this, after all, Sora and Roxas co-existed for more than a year.

They already did. I can't see any reasonable issue with this, after all, Sora and Roxas co-existed for more than a year.

Well you would have to kill off sora and somehow bring him back again..like sherlock.. Besides.  Those memories...

Well you would have to kill off sora and somehow bring him back again..like sherlock.. Besides.  Those memories...

Perhaps the Key to People's Hearts might be useful for this in a non-deadly way.

... or not.

I'm not so sure how, but it's kinda obvious that Roxas will return.

Edited by GrumpyRoxy

Perhaps the Key to People's Hearts might be useful for this in a non-deadly way.

... or not.

I'm not so sure how, but it's kinda obvious that Roxas will return.

The way I see it, roxas is no longer a main focus character.  He is a supporting character

They wouldn't have brought Roxas up if they didn't plan on him being rescued and/or being in the main focus for at least some time of the game. I mean, we got to see Xemnas talk about him in the trailer, this has to count for something, especially after the arcs in Coded and DDD that emphasized how Roxas and Xion deserve to be their own people and mustn't be forgotten.

As of now, Roxas's heart is inside of Sora, just like Ven's. The Sora Figurine mentions a "Key to Return hearts", so if this thing exists, it's likely Sora can use it to safely remove Ven's heart - and if he can remove Ven's heart, he can remove Roxas's heart, too. All that is missing is a body (and soul). The body is easily obtainable, Vexen has made replicas before and with Ienzo's and Ansem the Wise's help, Even should be able to create bodies for the former Nobodies to put their hearts inside.

To come back to the theory though: It does make sense! I still prefer Kairi as a guardian of Light, it makes the playing ground even: 13 seekers of darkness vs. 6 Princesses of Heart (Alice, Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Cinderella, Aurora), 6 Guardians of Light (Sora, Riku, Aqua, Ventus, Terra, Mickey) and one person who acts as both Guardian and Princess alike - Kairi. 13 against 13. I'd be very disappointed if Nomura passes up this constellation.

I do however like the idea of Terra being a Guardian of Light (too many people rule him out because he might still be with Xehanort, but I'd say give this poor man his redemption arc by being one of the Guardians!)

Ven not counting as one because they mess up or come to late or something like that is a very interesting idea, too, as well as the idea that Sora might indeed give into the Darkness to save Roxas. Just tell him often enough that it's the only way and the seed of doubt will grow and make Sora believe in it, forcing Roxas to become a Guardian on behalf of Sora.

I don't know whether SE would have the balls to do it, but if they do, major Kudos to them!