Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
sagman12PC

"Coming 2018" worldwide or JP first?

Will KH3 release in 2018 first in JP first or everywhere worldwide?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will JP version release before US/EU version or will they all release at the same time?

• Japan will get it first like previous KH releases in the past then US/EU later
    • Worldwide release (releases in JP, US, and EU at the same time)

Will KH3 continue with the trend of releasing first in Japan then coming out later to US and EU? 0.2 the most recent game released first in Japan then the English version released a little bit later which leads me to believe this trend will continue. What do you guys think 

Given the chain of events or memories that have transpired before, I think it's safe to say that us Mericans and/or Europeans will have wait a good while longer, but not too long.

Edited by Firaga

Um have you seen the new trailer..... They said "2018". Definitely December 2018.

They also said December 2016 for KH 2.8.

My heart believes it will be spring 2019 and I'm totally okay with it.

They also said December 2016 for KH 2.8.

My heart believes it will be spring 2019 and I'm totally okay with it.

That was because of FFXV...

Why would they announce a 2018 release date at a US event if that release date only applied to Japan? It doesn't make sense. They would've waited for TGS or something if they wanted to announce a Japanese only release date. Also, back in June 2016, Nomura said the KH3's release around the world compared to the Japanese release would be "nearly simultaneous" so maybe two to four weeks apart, just like KH2.8. The game will definitely release within the same year worldwide.

Unless they're somehow translating, voicing, and porting it for international release at the same exact time they're developing it for Japan, I'd say they'll release the game in Japan first early to mid 2018, and then spend a few months translating it for a release in the US and such in the tail end of 2018 or early 2019.

I'm actually going to say that with their big AAA game they are going to try and release it worldwide to get better sale results. I feel Final Fantasy XV, even with it's problems, was a major success in sales and the worldwide release date has played a major part in that. So Square Enix would likely do another worldwide release to try and achieve another success.

Also, the trailers have been translated to English, making me think they are developing both the English and Japanese version at the same time, with the obvious exception of the voice acting.

Which was a totally different game and totally different situation. Also, it was only delayed by a few months, so it still released within the 2016 release window.

Yes, it was released in 2016... incomplete.

It doesn't matter that it's a different situation because it's still the same company behind these projects. In Saix words: Different name, same fate.

They won't repeat the same mistake and release it in an incomplete state. Showing the release year was for the sole purpose of satisfying the fans who are constantly complaining about it. In fact, showing the release year is the result of the toxic fanbase.

When they announced the release dates for FF15 and KH 2.8, it was only months away before release. But KH3 is still more than one year from being released, which is untypical for SE. I bet even Nomura knows that a 2018 release could be troublesome.