Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

Tetsuya Nomura discusses a "higher tier of magic" in Kingdom Hearts III

In an interview with IGN, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura discussed new tiers of magic present in Kingdom Hearts III. When asked about "Blizzaza", an ability first revealed in the Kingdom Hearts III Orchestra trailer, he stated that it is indeed a more powerful version of Blizzaga. This was featured in the latest Kingdom Hearts III D23 2017 - Toy Story trailer, along with other similar higher tier magic abilities such as Firaza and Thundaza.

He is quoted below:

"The background of the tier of the magic, up until now, only King Mickey was able to utilize the most powerful form of magic [which was "Stopza" in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance]. It has existed, and then in 2.8, as Aqua becomes Key Blade Master, she is also able to control the highest form of certain magic. As you noticed, it is a higher tier of magic, and Sora is going to be able to use that in Kingdom Hearts III as well."

Nomura also talked about the return of Gummi Ships in Kingdom Hearts III. He reiterated what he stated in a previous interview with Game Informer:

"We can confirm that we do have Gummi Ships in Kingdom Hearts III because it is a numbered Kingdom Hearts title. You can expect that to show up, but it has evolved. We can't say how it has evolved, it's a secret, but Gummi Ships will be in Kingdom Hearts III."

Click here to view the article

In an interview with IGN, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura discussed new tiers of magic present in Kingdom Hearts III. When asked about "Blizzaza", an ability first revealed in the Kingdom Hearts III Orchestra trailer, he stated that it is indeed a more powerful version of Blizzaga. This was featured in the latest Kingdom Hearts III D23 2017 - Toy Story trailer, along with other similar higher tier magic abilities such as Firaza and Thundaza.

He is quoted below:

Nomura also talked about the return of Gummi Ships in Kingdom Hearts III. He reiterated what he stated in a previous interview with Game Informer:

Click here to view the article

Does that mean that Curaza is possible? :ohmy: :O

I wish he addressed the mistranslation/mislocalization of the "za" spells as "ja" spells in the English version of 0.2BBS.

Do "ja" AND "za" spells exist in the JP version or only the "ja" ones?

It's evolved?! O.O 

That could mean... It's a whole lot of epic than KH2's! It could mean that!?

We could control the Gummi Ship by driving it all around without the game forcing us to a direction to kill an enemy ship. Kind of like KH1's but instead were able to navigate it around. I guess like those kind of games were you're able to control an helicopter or a plane? 

It's evolved?! O.O 

That could mean... It's a whole lot of epic than KH2's! It could mean that!?

We could control the Gummi Ship by driving it all around without the game forcing us to a direction to kill an enemy ship. Kind of like KH1's but instead were able to navigate it around. I guess like those kind of games were you're able to control an helicopter or a plane? 

Yeah I always though of that. You know it is now open world.

Yet still no news of Utada Hikaru. Well they are starting now producing KH3 music.

Thanks for informing us of this, Aquaberry!

Ah, I figured that we'd get a new tier of magic, considering that 0.2 had those beautiful "Za" spells! And we also had Zero Graviza in Dream Drop Distance! So it's awesome that we'll have Za magic available in Kingdom Hearts III! It's gonna be awesome! :D

Yeah I always though of that. You know it is now open world.

Yet still no news of Utada Hikaru. Well they are starting now producing KH3 music.

Yeah. I wonder how this Open World feature will turn out. I bet a more wider, spacey kind of open.

Perhaps the whole thing regarding Utada will come out, just like how Nomura said that this new was going to be normal news.

And well--We know how it turned out in the end. LOL Perhaps another kind of lie to hide away the secret within. 

Do "ja" AND "za" spells exist in the JP version or only the "ja" ones?

Only the "za" ones.

...they're the same thing in Japan (ガン -gan, cf. Firagun/Blizzagun/Thundagun in KH1FM/KH2). It's inconsistency on the localisers' part, and far from the only one in the series. FF tier 4 spells are normally ジャ -ja.

Rob thinks Nomura meant to say Mickey used the most powerful spell the "player" couldn't use considering there was an equivalent in that game.