Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
IAMME

Voice actors in Kingdom Hearts 3

So like I wanna know if the voice actors will stay the same.  So like for lea, terra, roxas/ventus, xion (yeah hehehe not really), namine, riku, the 4 unknown somebodies, leon, yuffie, aerith, cloud, the rest....

Just wondering...cuz kh has some mighty fine voice acting.

I agree. Though Alyson Stoner is an okay substitute I still want Hayden back for KH3.

Alyson fits for Xion, I think...although she could be a little more expressive imo, but as Kairi...she just sounds annoying.

Alyson fits for Xion, I think...although she could be a little more expressive imo, but as Kairi...she just sounds annoying.

Again, I agree. Alyson fits Xion better, but to me when she voices Kairi it sounds like she's trying too hard to sound like Hayden. (Though that "What?!" she said as Kairi in 0.2 sounded pretty good to me.)

I hope and pray the same voice actors return for KH3. I know Xehanort will get a new voice actor, I just hope they can impersonate Leonard Nimoy good. Hayden Panettiere definitely needs to return to voice Kairi. Alyson Stoner should voice Xion, like everyone else is saying. Richard Epcar...I love his portrayal of Ansem so I'm sure he'll return.

they definitely need to bring back Kairi's original VA along with Namine's and then just find someone else for Xion because Alyson Stoner in 358/2 Days sounded so bored. 

Willa Holland is OK and maybe find someone else for Terra or get Jason Dohring a better voice director to help him emote. I mean when he gets angry it's good i guess but everything else just sounds off. 

Riku's VA got lucky in that his voice is never changing so he's good lol

haven't heard Sora in 0.2 but if it's like DDD he's gotta tone it down. they ought to let him channel some Vanitas into his Sora voice so it doesn't sound like HJO is trying too hard to sound like a 14 year old Sora. just do a Vanitas voice but friendly and we'll be good. 

Oh God, please no, get ALL original voice actors if possible!

No change for Terra, especially no change for Sora! Haley Joel Osment IS Sora, there's never gonna be another Sora and it's up to the voice direction to help him sound like they want him to. We've seen with Willa Holland how different she sounds in 0.2, how much she's able to emote and if they give all the voice actors this treatment, they will be able to shine. It really depends on the vision of the voice director.

Having said that, I'd definitely love for Hayden Panettiere and Alyson Stoner to return. Stoner did an okay job with Kairi, but Kairi will forever be Hayden. I need the original trio to return and I definitely look forward to it!

I'm only curious who will replace Leonard Nimoy (may he rest in peace). That'll be a hard one, especially since not only he passed away but Xehanort's Japanese voice actor did as well so they'll be furiously looking for a replacement, too.

Well, other women do, too, and they still can work? As long as she's physically able to and wants to return, why shouldn't she? She's the original voice actress for Kairi and does a good job. Alyson Stoner's work for Kairi in 0.2 was good, but she's simply not Kairi.

Well, other women do, too, and they still can work? As long as she's physically able to and wants to return, why shouldn't she? She's the original voice actress for Kairi and does a good job. Alyson Stoner's work for Kairi in 0.2 was good, but she's simply not Kairi.

I respect that, but I think, to her, raising a family is more important than voice acting.

Of course it's gonna be her choice and if she doesn't want to return, there's nothing Disney can do, but the question was why do we want her back and we want her back because she's done an amazing job and is the original voice actress. As long as she is ready to return, I'm sure everyone will be happy to have her back. Her family is her personal choice and might be her current focus, but having a family doesn't automatically render her unable (or unwilling) to do anything besides it.

You know what I've noticed? The entire Wasyfinder Trio is on DCTV.  Willa's Thea Queen on Arrow, Jason's Chase Graves on iZombie, and Jesse's Dick Grayson on Young Justice (alongside Alyson as Barbara Gordon and Bette Kane, no less).

The voice acting is okay right now. Currently, I just want them to be more DIVERSE with word choice and make more-how should I put it?-APPROPRIATE emphasis on certain words.

No more random replacements please.

It's okay right now. Currently, I just want them to be more DIVERSE with word choice and make more-how should I put it?-APPROPRIATE emphasis on certain words.

Darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness

LIGHT

the VAs for Terra and Aqua need some better directing. also someone tell HJO to just do his Vanitas voice but a bit more happy when it comes to voicing Sora because he needs to stop forcing the "young" voice. it doesn't sound great. 

i think the series in general handles voice acting fairly well with the except of an odd line delivery. sometimes the accent is put on the wrong word maybe or the tone for a line doesn't match the conversation that is being had. 

For the most part it's great, but there are a few voices that lack emotion I guess (there was something I didn't like about Aqua's portrayal which is a shame because the voice suited her well) and Sora's voice is becoming increasingly more strained. I just kind of wanna go up to Haley Joel Osment and say "Hey, calm down with the voice a little"

And just for the heck of it I'll mention at the end of the intro to KH2, when Roxas yells out "Hayner! Pence! Olette" there was also something really weird, like it just sounded like he was yelling out random words instead of calling out to his friends,

Edited by Kotone

Honestly, I think that the Kingdom Hearts series has some of the best voice acting around, and large part of that is because most of the voices you hear in the games are those who did their roles for their respective Disney films! With the original characters, I think all the voice actors have done exceptional work! I'll never understand why people don't like Terra and Aqua's voices, because to me, they sound just fine! But I think one of the most awesome voices has got to be Roxas/Ventus! Even though we know it's Jesse Mccartney doing the voice for both characters, he differentiates the tone so that both characters sound different, despite sharing the same voice actor, ya know? 

Haley Joel Osment as Vanitas surprised me, because when I played BBS for the first time way back in 2010 on my PSP, I had no idea Haley voiced Vanitas until I saw his name in the credits! My mind was blown! His difference in range from Vanitas to Sora was just amazing! And let's not forget Leonard Nimoy as Xehanort! Chilling and awe inspiring, is what I can say!

I could go on and on, but yeah, I love the voice acting in these games, and I'm sure KHIII will deliver above and beyond for voice acting! I just wonder if Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will come back to voice Woody and Buzz, respectively for the game! X3