Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Elfdemon_

Every character's story will be settled in Kingdom Hearts III; the world Young Xehanort and Eraqus are at is an original world; Kingdom Hearts Unio...

A Kingdom Hearts III feature will be included in the upcoming Weekly Famitsu issue, and earlier today, Esoteru posted a summary of its highlights online. Since then, more leaks have released from Hachima. Some parts of this have already been covered in the aforementioned highlights summary, but now, we have the information in more detail and new information as well.

Check out the first half, translated by Katie Armstrong, below:

• Tetsuya Nomura would like for you to wait for the next report, which will be some time in 2018.
  • There was some last-minute post-editing on the D23 and the Orchestral Concert PVs; Nomura wanted to tie things back to something with the word "dive," thinking back to the original concept of KH.
  • There were some strong feelings about the Toy Story world, because Nomura wanted to include it in KH2. Nomura's been negotiating for it since the first KH game. He met with John Lasseter when he came to Japan and told him about every element he wanted to include.
  • The Toy Story world does not take place during the original story, but picks up somewhere after Toy Story 2 and is consistent with the timeline of the movies.
  • This isn’t in the PV, but there is a scene where Sora is mistaken for an action figure of a game character by Rex.
  • Sora and company’s Toy Story world looks were designed by art directors who interacted to combine designs; the first team’s design was similar to action figures while the other group tried to match the aesthetic of Toy Story. The two had to come together and discuss and convince one another to arrive at the final design.
  • The staff was surprised at how easy it was to reproduce the graphic appearance of the original films. The looks of other worlds and gimmicks and such have been difficult for this game.
  • The Toy Story world’s percentage [of completeness] and quality was high enough to be seen earlier, but based on our PR plans it wasn’t shown until now. When they announced the Big Hero 6 world, Nomura could only show one illustration because it was a somewhat sudden request, so this time Nomura wanted to show video.
  • Production on the Big Hero 6 world is going well, though the matter of the last selected world is still ahead of them.
  • Multiple battle commands are displayed in the PV because there is always a choice in what to do in battle, there’s some tactical fun in assembling combos of your choosing. It might seem tough, but I want to reassure you that you can pull off some fancy techniques with the right button combinations.
Check out the second half, translated by News Team member Dengojin, below:
  • Each world will have it's own guest party members and they will have their unique collaboration commands, since it is a new system it will be introduced in details later.
  • Riding a robot to fight was an early idea sent at the beginning of the development to the dev team, each floor of the toy shop will have it's own gimmick.
  • The toy shop will be the main area in the Toy Story world you can enjoy other gimmicks with various toys sold there.
  • There is surprise in the future.*
  • The world where Young Eraqus and Xehanort is an original world. Also he mentions that KH3 will have less Disney worlds than KH2 in numbers, but they will be richer and more playable.
  • There are so many characters, so the story is dark and he is not planning it to end it all at once.
  • Each character story must be settled. This will involve members from the former Organization XIII.
  • Nomura is not directing anything else beside the announced titles, but he is involved with many.
  • Kingdom Hearts Union χ[cross] fifth Union leader chapter has been written and it will be released early August.
  • Nomura would like to give us more information about Kingdom Hearts III battle later.
*Pretty vague, maybe referring to the Toy Story world to be full of surprises?

Toy Story is the latest world revealed for Kingdom Hearts III through the trailer unveiled last week at the D23 Expo in Anaheim. The Weekly Famitsu feature, which will recap the event and include an interview with Tetsuya Nomura, will be published on July 20 in Japan. Stay tuned with us for updates and translations!

UPDATE 1: The Weekly Famitsu issue has been released! Check out full scans of it, as well as full translations, here.

Click here to view the article

Wait....wait....wait, hold up, they announced that the game releases next year, yet the first thing this says is that we won't hear about the game again until 2018? Like seriously, they are just going to go dead silent again until next year and expect people to still be excited and buy their game in the end? You see, this is why I love Nintendo at the moment, they at least tell you about a game and before you know it, you are actually playing it yourself (like ARMS seriously didn't take long to get here after being announced and Splatoon 2 is in a few days)! Either give me at least one more piece of information this year Square, or don't report on the game at all if you aren't ready to show it off more and more!

........Oh rant over, nothing more to see here, move it along folks! :)

Wait....wait....wait, hold up, they announced that the game releases next year, yet the first thing this says is that we won't hear about the game again until 2018? Like seriously, they are just going to go dead silent again until next year and expect people to still be excited and buy their game in the end? You see, this is why I love Nintendo at the moment, they at least tell you about a game and before you know it, you are actually playing it yourself (like ARMS seriously didn't take long to get here after being announced and Splatoon 2 is in a few days)! Either give me at least one more piece of information this year Square, or don't report on the game at all if you aren't ready to show it off more and more!

........Oh rant over, nothing more to see here, move it along folks! :)

Oh, don't worry. The next big appearance of Kingdom Hearts 3 is sure to be in February 2018 at D23 Japan. It is not really that long if you think about it.

Oh, don't worry. The next big appearance of Kingdom Hearts 3 is sure to be in February 2018 at D23 Japan. It is not really that long if you think about it.

Okay, what part of I am not used to Square anymore because of Nintendo are we not getting here, lol :P (Just kidding)

But seriously, take Super Mario Odyssey in example, that game was announced with the Switch, but then we heard nothing until E3, and now we are about 3 months away until release. Like February is a long time to me just to hear news about a game. Like I am not used to waiting that long for more information now since Nintendo has really adapted me to their formula instead, and so I just have it into my mind that February is a long ways away now thanks to being conditioned to a didn't formula that Square doesn't follow. It's like when you condition a horse to do one thing, and then some other rider comes along and tries to do something different with that horse, it just makes the horse feel different than from feeling okay because you are changing the way it does something so suddenly.

Yes, Rob expected all the character stories to be resolved in the final game of the Xehanort saga.

A new world for Eraqus and Xehanort ? So , we're gonna see them together with Luxu in a new world ? That sounds good ! 

Nomura explained in the 2.8 interviews that the keyblade Luxu has is passed down until it reached Xehanort (and that Eraqus inherits the world's beginning). Plus, X takes place more than 100 years before Birth by Sleep.

Okay, what part of I am not used to Square anymore because of Nintendo are we not getting here, lol :P (Just kidding)

But seriously, take Super Mario Odyssey in example, that game was announced with the Switch, but then we heard nothing until E3, and now we are about 3 months away until release. Like February is a long time to me just to hear news about a game. Like I am not used to waiting that long for more information now since Nintendo has really adapted me to their formula instead, and so I just have it into my mind that February is a long ways away now thanks to being conditioned to a didn't formula that Square doesn't follow. It's like when you condition a horse to do one thing, and then some other rider comes along and tries to do something different with that horse, it just makes the horse feel different than from feeling okay because you are changing the way it does something so suddenly.

Well, I guess you could say its just me then because I have been waiting for this game since its announcement of being in development in 2013 and waiting for its announcement in just 7 months is no big deal compared to those wretching years to not even know where the games standing is.

I'm so glad to hear that all characters' stories will be settled in KH3. That's a relief. I knew that everyone would make an appearance, but I didn't know to what extent. Hopefully they give us some information on whatever happened to Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene's human forms. The other former Organization members I'm not concerned about, because their stories are guaranteed to play a role if DDD meant anything. Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene are the only former Organization members we know practically nothing about, so I really hope we're given some insight on them. Also, I'm excited to see who the fifth new union leader will be.

"There are so many characters, so the story is dark and he is not planning it to end it all at once."

What? Does that mean we may get some cliffhangers in KH3? :O

"This isn’t in the PV, but there is a scene where Sora is mistaken for an action figure of a game character by Rex."

I feel like this is the most important piece of info lol.

The next report will be in 2018. Most likely D23 in February.

Well that... kinda sucks :/

So the anniversary celebrations over? We're just a little over the halfway point in the year and the 15th anniversary is over? Oh well. It comes out next year (prob Nov 2018).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYBODY!!!! :D :D :D

"There are so many characters, so the story is dark and he is not planning it to end it all at once."

No. What Nomura means is that he's going to end each character's story through paced progression.

As long as Larxene is not part of the Thirteen Seekers of Darkness than I'm okay with it. I don't want to see a woman turning into an old geezer.

No one said she had to become old. Isa, Young Xehanort and Braig aren't old. Why would Larxene's Somebody be if she was a Seeker?

The next report will be in 2018. Most likely D23 in February.

Well that... kinda sucks :/

So the anniversary celebrations over? We're just a little over the halfway point in the year and the 15th anniversary is over? Oh well. It comes out next year (prob Nov 2018).

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYBODY!!!! :D :D :D

i could see stuff at tgs,jump festa and psx and i think the 2018 talking about the realse for kh3 not the next date for the news

also something is off here how could he reveal worlds  if the next report is in 2018 which is likey the japan d23   but this game come out at 2018 i reaher wait for the translation first

Lets hope it will

"This isn’t in the PV, but there is a scene where Sora is mistaken for an action figure of a game character by Rex."

I feel like this is the most important piece of info lol.

I know right! My brain is feeling like pudding thinking about all the implications

You mean more than the usual?

It's basically just a confirmation that this is really the end of the saga. And I honestly think it's for the best to settle current elements now so they can start with a fresh story in the next title. There will already be nudges toward preceeding events anyway so there's no need to have too many loose ends.

However, I do think this only applies to characters of the present. The Master of Masters was confirmed not to appear in KH3. Explicitly stating that he won't be in that game instead of ever again makes me think that KHUX will have an importance in later games.

As for the story being dark... It already was dark before, that's nothing new. What I wouldn't like is KH becoming overly tragic because it doesn't suit the franchise and there's so many pseudo-profound, edgy games out there, KH doesn't need to become one of them. Not every dark game is necessarily more profound and touching and making it so doesn't immediately make it a good game.

But with how Sora is and that he won't change, there will still be that light-heartedness I adore so much about the series. But of course it will have to be dark at times but honestly, all games had their dark moments.

Thanks for this information, Elfdemon!

Ah, so the next we'll hear of Kingdom Hearts III is next year, huh? You know what? I'm perfectly fine with that! We've gotten such a blowout of news in these two months, that I'm perfectly content with what we have until next year! I'm perfectly content in waiting for next year for the next round of epic news! (Of course, there's always the chance he may surprise us with something at Tokyo Game Show or Jump Festa. Hey, he said not to be too hyped for the D23 trailer, and that was just a cover-up to increase hype! xD)

Yessss, that's what we want in terms of the story! Conclusion! Every character's story being settled will be very satisfying! And I wonder what this original world where Eraqus and Xehanort are is? Perhaps Cable Town?  Overall, I'm glad that everything is going well with the game's development, I honestly couldn't be any more happier! And about the story being dark, that's a given, since everything up till now has led to some pretty dark things! I can't wait to see what's in store! :D

What a time to be a Kingdom Hearts fan! :')

Hmm, and I'm also very curious as to who the 5th Union member in Union Cross will be? It won't take much longer to find out! :D