Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHShaderoom

Why aren't Vanitas' eyes blue?

I assume this was done to make the distinction between Sora and Vanitas clear as day for the audience once he sheds his helmet for the first time. But I can also imagine him needing to support his heart of Darkness in a similar way Ven has to support his heart of Light so both of them don't fade. Through Ven's connection, Vanitas looks like Sora, but he himself didn't make the connection himself and not directly, maybe he has another, direct connection to Xehanort's heart to nurture his own broken piece of heart and that makes his eyes yellow.

Or Xehanort actually put a piece of his heart into Vanitas early on, after all, we don't see exactly when his eyes turned yellow and whether or not they were yellow from the beginning.

I think it's because he was created by Xehanort. Xehanort used Ventus' darkness to make him and thus yellow (also orange eyes) are associated with darkness. I personally believe that he's one of Xehanort's vessels, thus a seeker of darkness. 

because Vanitas is evil and i think most of the evil characters in this series have yellow/orange eyes.

blue is usually associated with "Good" in this series.

I wonder if those eyes in 2.8 were made in mistake cause they were first made in KH3.

because Vanitas is evil and i think most of the evil characters in this series have yellow/orange eyes.

blue is usually associated with "Good" in this series.

Um we all know vanitas is evil but....Yellow/golden eyes doesn't represent being evil or darkness. Nomura already confirmed this already

Nomura: It's a question of whether or not they're deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig's case, comparing the scene where he's injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

A being who has been given in to the darkess has yellow eyes (Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Young Xehanort, gosh even the heartless have yellow eyes...) Why exactly this happens? Beats me.

Master Xehanort eyes could be naturally yellow.

Simple maybe because he might be one of Master Xehanort's clones? I mean yeah sure he's evil but having yellow eyes doesn't mean he's evil. Larxene was evil in Chain of Memories but she has green eyes, Marluxia was evil but he had blue eyes in Chain of Memories, and Luxord was evil but he also had blue eyes. I honestly hope Vanitas is one of Master Xehanort's members in The Thirteen Seekers of Darkness because he's one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts villains.

I think Vanitas having yellow eyes is simply a design choice, I don't think it has anything to do plot-wise. It could simply be that his appearance just turned out that way, without any kind of complicated explanation needed, ya know? It could also be that he was marked by Xehanort to be one of the members of the true Organization, so there's that too!

I've always wondered the same thing myself, I always felt that his eyes were yellow because he was connected to Master Xehanort.

But the previous games and BBS have proved that Vanitas does not harbour a fragment of Xehanort's heart in him.

So then why are his eyes golden yellow and not blood-red like unversed eyes?

I've always wondered the same thing myself, I always felt that his eyes were yellow because he was connected to Master Xehanort.

But the previous games and BBS have proved that Vanitas does not harbour a fragment of Xehanort's heart in him.

What proved he didn't harbour a fragment of Xehanort's heart in him? Confirmation or evidence?

Cause we don't know but I want to hear your theory

A being who has been given in to the darkess has yellow eyes (Ansem, Xemnas, Vanitas, Xehanort, Terra-Xehanort, Young Xehanort, gosh even the heartless have yellow eyes...) Why exactly this happens? Beats me.

Yellow eyes means that they are part-Xehanort. Yellow eyes have nothing to do with the darkness.

Yellow eyes means that they are part-Xehanort. Yellow eyes have nothing to do with the darkness.

Well there is not confirmation that it doesn't either. Assuming Vanitas was born just like we see him he has yellow eyes and Xehanort never on that moment passed a part of his heart to Vanitas... I do consider the yellow eyes to be part of a being of darkness. The heartless have yellow eyes so maybe for a person looking being of darkness they decided they would go with that as well having them with yellow eyes. Those are my thoughts at least.

Well there is not confirmation that it doesn't either. Assuming Vanitas was born just like we see him he has yellow eyes and Xehanort never on that moment passed a part of his heart to Vanitas... I do consider the yellow eyes to be part of a being of darkness. The heartless have yellow eyes so maybe for a person looking being of darkness they decided they would go with that as well having them with yellow eyes. Those are my thoughts at least.

There have been moments in the series when people used darkness but their eyes never turned yellow:

• Riku
  • Riku Replica
  • Terra
  • Most, if not all, Organization members
  • Maleficent
  • Captain Hook
  • Xion

There's also the fact that in the Kingdom Hearts series, hearts shape bodies:

• Ansem SOD possessed Riku's body in KH1 and made it look like Xehanort in his thirties/forties.
  • After Sora turned into a Heartless, his body (Roxas) had Ventus' heart, thus shaping Roxas to look like Ventus.
  • In 358/2 Days and KH2, Riku still had Ansem SOD in his body and had to look like him to be able to use the darkness fully.
  • In BBS, Xehanort transferred his heart into Terra's body, giving traits of Xehanort; grey hair and yellow eyes.

Finally, in Dream Drop Distance, as Xigbar/Braig tells Sora that he's already half-Xehanort, the camera zooms straight into his yellow eye, which was originally brown in BBS and later yellow, implying that the yellow eyes means that the person is part-Xehanort.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this quote:

• Comparing the Organization members when they were human to when they were in the Organization, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

It’s a question of whether or not they’re deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig’s case, comparing the scene where he’s injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

[birth By Sleep Ultimania]

Edited by Master Eraqus

There have been moments in the series when people used darkness but their eyes never turned yellow:

• Riku
  • Riku Replica
  • Terra
  • Most, if not all, Organization members
  • Maleficent
  • Captain Hook
  • Xion

There's also the fact that in the Kingdom Hearts series, hearts shape bodies:

• Ansem SOD possessed Riku's body in KH1 and made it look like Xehanort in his thirties/forties.
  • After Sora turned into a Heartless, his body (Roxas) had Ventus' heart, thus shaping Roxas to look like Ventus.
  • In 358/2 Days and KH2, Riku still had Ansem SOD in his body and had to look like him to be able to use the darkness fully.
  • In BBS, Xehanort transferred his heart into Terra's body, giving traits of Xehanort; grey hair and yellow eyes.

Finally, in Dream Drop Distance, as Xigbar/Braig tells Sora that he's already half-Xehanort, the camera zooms straight into his yellow eye, which was originally brown in BBS and later yellow, implying that the yellow eyes means that the person is part-Xehanort.

Well for me the fact that they can use darkness doesn't mean they ARE beings of darkness. You have to give completely to the darkness to be a dark being IMO thus giving you body changes like Xehanort where his ears where pointed and his eyes could be turned yellow (In his case tho it's totally unclear). Maleficent and others as you mentioned are not beings of darkness but they use the power of darkness to their advantage. But it seems to me Xehanort did give himself completely to the darkness. It's really confusing but you might be right, I might be right. We may both be right. Only Nomura know :v

Vanitas has golden eyes because Vanitas started out as essentially a human shaped heartless. When Ven joined his heart with Sora Vanitas gained Sora's general form and since all heartless have golden eyes he kept the same eye color in the transition, just like how he has black hair.

Well for me the fact that they can use darkness doesn't mean they ARE beings of darkness. You have to give completely to the darkness to be a dark being IMO thus giving you body changes like Xehanort where his ears where pointed and his eyes could be turned yellow (In his case tho it's totally unclear). Maleficent and others as you mentioned are not beings of darkness but they use the power of darkness to their advantage. But it seems to me Xehanort did give himself completely to the darkness. It's really confusing but you might be right, I might be right. We may both be right. Only Nomura know :v

Well, as I said, the camera zooming into Xigbar's/Braig's eye in DDD heavily implies that the yellow eyes are an effect of becoming part/half-Xehanort. There's also the fact that Xehanort isn't a being of darkness. Much like Riku and other characters, he's a human who embraces the darkness and uses it to his advantage, rather than allowing it to control him.

Riku, for example, completely gave in to the darkness. His body was literally covered in it. Yet, the colour of his eyes never changed. Same goes for Riku Replica, who embraces the darkness, essentially mirroring KH1 Riku.

Besides using Corridors of Darkness, Xigbar was never seen using the darkness and Riku has clearly used it more than he has, so why doesn't Riku have yellow eyes if he used the darkness so much?

Xehanort even had yellow eyes before controlling the darkness; all the way back when he was a young boy on an island, believing that his world was just too small.

Quotes:

Birth by Sleep Ultimania Interviews:

• So you’re saying you can’t tell us yet (laughs). Braig had a big role in the game, and he was a little ominous…?

In the final scene where Braig appears, his eyes have changed to gold.

• Did something happen between him and Master Xehanort?

I think there was a line where Master Xehanort says that he has “many roads that [he] might choose to take”, and that’s also referring to Braig.

The "many roads" obviously referring to the 13 vessels he's planning to obtain to create the 13 darknesses.

• Comparing the Organization members when they were human to when they were in the Organization, apart from Xehanort, only Isa and Braig have differently-shaped ears and differently-coloured eyes - why is this?

It’s a question of whether or not they’re deeply connected to Xehanort. In Braig’s case, comparing the scene where he’s injured in his battle with Terra and flares up at Xehanort, his appearance afterwards changes, which hints that something happened with Xehanort in between.

Only Isa and Braig are the ones, so far, that have had different-coloured eyes. Once again, this is because they have become part-Xehanort, as they are chosen for the 13 darknesses. Besides the Corridors of Darkness, Isa/Saix and Braig/Xigbar are never seen using the darkness.

Nomura Interviews: 20 Mysteries of the Series:

14: Did something happen in Xigbar’s past?

He was Master Xehanort’s accomplice.

The No.2 member in the Organization, Xigbar, conspired with Master
 Xehanort when he was still a human named Braig. Because of this, he knows 
more about Xemnas, who is the Nobody of Xehanort, than anyone else.
 That is why he often says strange things, and can speak up against
 Xemnas.

As Master Xehanort was trying to get Terra’s body as a vessel for
 himself, Braig tried to lure Terra into the darkness by fighting him.
 But the power of darkness that Terra released was stronger than he
 would have imagined, and he ended up losing his right eye and getting a
 wound along his cheek. Afterwards Braig’s ears become sharper, and his
 brown eyes change to gold. This is because he was influenced by
 Xehanort, whom he was working with.

"Influenced by Xehanort"

EDIT: One more thing. There is Sephiroth. Cloud's darkness; a literal being of darkness, who has blue eyes, not yellow eyes.

Edited by Master Eraqus

Well, as I said, the camera zooming into Xigbar's/Braig's eye in DDD heavily implies that the yellow eyes are an effect of becoming part/half-Xehanort. There's also the fact that Xehanort isn't a being of darkness. Much like Riku and other characters, he's a human who embraces the darkness and uses it to his advantage, rather than allowing it to control him.

Riku, for example, completely gave in to the darkness. His body was literally covered in it. Yet, the colour of his eyes never changed. Same goes for Riku Replica, who embraces the darkness, essentially mirroring KH1 Riku.

Besides using Corridors of Darkness, Xigbar was never seen using the darkness and Riku has clearly used it more than he has, so why doesn't Riku have yellow eyes if he used the darkness so much.

Xehanort even had yellow eyes before controlling the darkness; all the way back when he was a young boy on an island, believing that his world was just too small.

Quotes:

• So you’re saying you can’t tell us yet (laughs). Braig had a big role in the game, and he was a little ominous…?

I think there was a line where Master Xehanort says that he has “many roads that [he] might choose to take”, and that’s also referring to Braig.

The "many roads" obviously referring to the 13 vessels he's planning to obtain to create the 13 darknesses.

Only Isa and Braig are the ones, so far, that have had different-coloured eyes. Once again, this is because they have become part-Xehanort, as they are chosen for the 13 darknesses. Besides the Corridors of Darkness, Isa/Saix and Braig/Xigbar are never seen using the darkness.

Xemnas.

"Influenced by Xehanort"

And in regards to Vanitas, his facial appearance before Ven and Sora connecting their hearts was that of a Heartless with red eyes. So his eyes were most likely red after he gained Sora's appearance. Instead, they're gold once his face is revealed at the end of Ven's story. Not only that, but his ears are covered by that metal jaw guard thing and his hair.

Vanitas has golden eyes because Vanitas started out as essentially a human shaped heartless. When Ven joined his heart with Sora Vanitas gained Sora's general form and since all heartless have golden eyes he kept the same eye color in the transition, just like how he has black hair.

When vanitas was born, his eyes were red.....not Yellow/golden....

Besides using Corridors of Darkness, Xigbar was never seen using the darkness and Riku has clearly used it more than he has, so why doesn't Riku have yellow eyes if he used the darkness so much.

Quotes:

Xemnas.

"Influenced by Xehanort"

Plus, didn't the camera zoom into vanitas' eyes and face? Does that count?

post-69049-0-89058400-1501081488_thumb.jpg

Plus, didn't the camera zoom into vanitas' eyes and face? Does that count?

Not exactly. The camera was zoomed into his face to then zoom out to show the dramatic reveal of his face, though the fact that we see his eyes first might have been like a "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" kind of hint, especially since in a previous cutscene, the camera cuts to Braig's eye, showing that it changed colour.

Not exactly. The camera was zoomed into his face to then zoom out to show the dramatic reveal of his face, though the fact that we see his eyes first might have been like a "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" kind of hint, especially since in a previous cutscene, the camera cuts to Braig's eye, showing that it changed colour.

Thank you for the response:)

Sorry, let me rephrase it.

If Vanitas has black hair for darkness, then Xion, Eraqus, and xigbar has to. Besides, Xion black hair was a girl idea (I forgot her name) she wanted a character to have black hair. We dont know why vanitas have black hair. Saïx and aqua have blue hair. Does having blue hair represents light and darkness? Nope. The hair is a coincidence unlike the golden eyes. The golden eyes was confirmed. The golden eyes are a proof of him being influenced by Xehanort. Name me one character with golden eyes? (Who isnt half Xehanort either) Theres no KH character with naturally golden eyes expect Master Xehanort. Nomura clarified that golden eyes were meant to represent Xehanorts influence.

Heartless have eyes with no pupils and that they are also yellow,Xehanorts eyes are golden. Xehanorts eyes are naturally his. Vanitas have pupils (js). Vanitas had red eyes before he gained his gold ones. We dont know when (the timing) Vanitas got his golden eyes.

And please dont say "his hair isnt grey, so he isnt Xehanort" because Saïx has blue hair and He is HALF Xehanort. Xigbar has black hair (little grey streaks) but his hair is black regardless. He is HALF Xehanort. It shouldn't be any different for vanitas.

Edited by KHShaderoom

Thank you for the response:)

Sorry, let me rephrase it.

If Vanitas has black hair for darkness, then Xion, Eraqus, and xigbar has to. Besides, Xion black hair was a girl idea (I forgot her name) she wanted a character to have black hair. We dont know why vanitas have black hair. Saïx and aqua have blue hair. Does having blue hair represents light and darkness? Nope. The hair is a coincidence unlike the golden eyes. The golden eyes was confirmed. The golden eyes are a proof of him being influenced by Xehanort. Name me one character with golden eyes? (Who isnt half Xehanort either) Theres no KH character with naturally golden eyes expect Master Xehanort. Nomura clarified that golden eyes were meant to represent Xehanorts influence.

No. Xion, Eraqus, and Xigbar all have black hair naturally, it has nothing to do with the darkness. When Vanitas was born he was for all intents and purposes a heartless, a vaguely human shaped heartless. Vanitas started out his life as basically this:

anti_sora_by_roxastsuna-d3aa30u.jpg

Then Ven joined his heart with Sora, and Vanitas gained Sora's shape. Vanitas got black hair and golden eyes representing his origin as a being of complete darkness. Vanitas' appearance had nothing to do with Xehanort, Xehanort did not even attempt to start possessing people to make the X-blade until after Terra, and that possession is what causes the white hair and golden eyes that people have, that's the "influence" that Normua is talking about. This is because he didn't know he needed 13 darknesses and 7 lights yet, Master Xehanort even outright says this in Dream Drop Distance.

Xehanort: "I once tried to create my own pure light and darkness to forge the X-blade, but the attempt ended in failure. In my eagerness, I had lost sight of the correct way to achieve my goal."

So yes, there is one other character who has golden eyes naturally, Vanitas.

Edited by immortalfrieza