Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
SnowPint7Fourths

We will next receive KH3 news in 2018

I just wanted to quickly reiterate that the next time we will receive KH3 news will be in 2018 based on the interview Nomura gave to Famitsu. (Screenshot) I'm aware fans have been saying we may see KH3 at TGS or Jump Festa this year but based on the interview it appears we will next see KH3 at the D23 Japan fan event in February. And if they're planning to reveal all the worlds before release then a March 2018 release is not possible at this stage. I don't want to seem like I'm been pessimistic but I thought I would spread this information which may have been over looked by casual fans so they are not disappointed when we don't see KH3 again this year. In my opinion since the game is releasing in 2018 then I'm fine waiting until early 2018 for promotion to begin. 

post-58003-0-90816000-1501088058_thumb.png

Considering we finally have a release year I can wait for more news. Most likely it will be a new world reveal and possibly a definitive release date.

Yeah that definitely seems plausible since it will have been 7 months since we received the release year. The release date at the Japanese Disney event seems the right time. 

The translated interview though, he does not mention having to wait till 2018, just that it will be a short break until the next news. They've got the release year out, I can not imagine nothing until next year. With the game coming out next year and if all worlds are to be announced before release, then promotion should start this year, which I feel it did after these two trailers. Only two trailers this year will be 2015 all over again, and at this stage that really does not need to happen.

Edited by ghostwarmen

I can see them announcing new Disney worlds at both TGS and Jump Festa (Nomura did say we would see all of them before release) but waiting for D23 Japan in February to announce a confirmed release date.

Edited by Kaweebo

The translated interview though, he does not mention having to wait till 2018, just that it will be a short break until the next news. They've got the release year out, I can not imagine nothing until next year. With the game coming out next year and if all worlds are to be announced before release, then promotion should start this year, which I feel it did after these two trailers. Only two trailers this year will be 2015 all over again, and at this stage that really does not need to happen.

Yeah I think I remember reading that somewhere. Have you got a link to it to refresh my memory?

I don't believe they will keep themselves in silence until 2018. After all, we aren't getting FFVII Remake anytime soon and Square doesn't have any other AWESOME big game to put on the shelves, do they? They always work with one great title at a time. They were hiding KH3 until now because they wanted people to pay attention to FFXV. Now that FFXV is out, fine and dandy it's time to focus on their next AAA-game that is Kingdom Hearts 3. I think we will get some relevant (but not much) info on TGS and Jump Festa. I bet that they will reveal at least one more world this year and then they will set a final release date in the first half of 2018 and release it on the second. 

And I'm being very optimistic, okay? I would not be surprised if Nomura delays this game once or twice. I think we should always be prepared for the worse when it's about Square and Nomura. 

We will probably get a few bits and pieces of information throughout 2017. Though the major marketing will begin next year, since the game will (if everything goes as planned) release in 2018. 

Honestly, with the Herculean super-flood of news that we've gotten over the past two months, including the two beautiful trailers, I'm more than happy and content with what we've got, and I honestly don't mind waiting until next year for more news, since we've been confirmed that the game is set to come out next year! I honestly can't wait to have the game in my hands! :D

That being said though, I do expect at least the slightest mention of Kingdom Hearts III at Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa, since KH has always had a presence in those events over the years, if I'm correct!

Yeah I think I remember reading that somewhere. Have you got a link to it to refresh my memory?

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Full-Famitsu-interview-with-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-9772

His last statement, he says there will be a small intermission before next news. Granted, I don't know what Nomura's definition of "small" is (lol), but I imagine we'll get some info before this year is over!