Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
XxUtopiaxX

The White Lotus: The Search for the Avatar (Roleplay)

=Dalian=

"Ding dong~" Dalian called out rather loudly actually as the metal door fell to her fire, her kicking it with a strong heel to the ground. The alarms were blaring already and it was really no use to try and be sneaky now. 

"Noah, I'll try to hold them back off you, run." Dalian instructed to her team leader, although honestly, he should be instructing him, but that was not important at the current moment. 

Tightening up her ponytail, Dalian's eyes fell right onto Noire, who, to be brutally honest, was standing there like an idiot. 

"Terribly sorry sir, but out of all the others here, why haven't you fled like the others? Are you supposed to be like a mini-boss or something?" Whether that was a ligament question, or if Dalian was actually mocking the man, would unknown. 

With a sigh, she spun her hook swords in her hands, her eyes on Noire as her companion got a move on, Dalian stepping over the doors and cautiously walking towards Noah. Instead of fully following her partner to their goal, Dalian turned around just as she got in Noire's blind spot, and with the flick of a heel, charged after him, burning hook swords in hand. 

Noire's thoughts shattered at the sound of a-no, the freaking metal door actually shattered! To Noire's surprise, a stunning young lady — with an awfully loud mouth — crashed through. Scientists scattered, flooding the exit and evacuating immediately, but Noire....

My my, this Dalian was a pretty face to remember.

"Ah, a White Lotus lady! Just what I'd expect!" Noire winked "You charm me, but in afraid I'm not truly associated with—" Noire was cut off by Dalian's swift advance towards him, hook swords ablaze. My my, a firebender he noted, then quickly, he tore off the scientist's garb and flung it at Dalian's face, swiftly dodging and retreating towards the exit.

Nervously, Noire shouted "What a lady! To fight a man unarmed! Somehow dear..." He seemed to think for a bit, then smiled. "...It makes you even more charming!" Noire winked and grinned at the woman again. "The name's Noire, but I'm afraid your pretty face would have to wait a while to meet me again, darling. I'm not who you should be worried about..." Noire pointed towards the recovering guards and the Red Lotus symbol on the wall behind. "It's them."

Edited by Clouded Sun

-Zale-

Zale ran towards the noise, opposite of the frantic wave of scientists and staff that ran across the hall, away from the danger in search of safety. The guards were already there, trying to apprehend whatever was causing the ruckus. When he got there he saw two individuals that stood out; a man wearing a lab coat and uniform and a young lady with blazing hook-swords. There was more than one?! "(Just how many are they?!)" Zale thought, quickly bending the water from his canisters as he approached. "You two have a lot of explaining to do." Zale began, now giving orders to the guards. "These two are to be apprehended. Send a message to the rest. Test White Lotus have infiltrated the lab!" Zale yelled. He bent the water, suddenly wrapping it around Noire before freezing him. He then turned to Dalian, sending whips of water at her ankles and pulling to knock her off her feet.

Noah

-----------

This didn't look good, Noah thought to himself. He was pretty much a nonbender on this platinum surface and here they were already facing a Red Lotus member - one who looked like he was the one in charge. He couldn't leave Dalian to fight this guy AND the guards. Noah took out the plasma knife he had gotten earlier. If he could just get an elemental cartridge, he would be able to fight near-evenly with the benders. Noah looked at the guards. They should have just what I need, Noah thought. 

As soon as Dalian was caught with a water whip, Noah shot for the guards, picking them off one by one with hand-to-hand combat. Evade, strike, dodge, strike, roll, strike. All basics of assassination he was taught at a young age. Luckily, a "flame" cartridge fell out of one of the guard's utility belts. "How convenient," Noah said as he picked it up. He placed the cartridge in a socket on the plasma knife. The knife lit up red plasma and extended to the length of a sword.

Now, he could fight.

Raiden

---------

As Raiden was nearing the entrance, loud noises of screaming and destruction could be heard coming from where he had started. "Heh, Zale must be ******* it up back there," Raiden said proudly to himself. That was his partner for him: talented and ruthless, yet good natured. However, while Raiden was running, he heard something mildly disturbing over the intercom. "White Lotus members have infiltrated the base. East Terminal. Near the Emergency Room." Raiden stopped in his tracks. Seriously? He JUST came from there! Raiden probably wasn't going to make it there in time unless he used his powers.

"Well, whatever," Raiden stretched and took a runners mark.

Aang saw the fighting going on, having not been able to get very far when the alarms sounded. He flew back into his body and got up quickly. "Darya!" he said. "Noah and Dalian are in trouble! Benders of the Red Lotus are attacking, we have to help!" With that, he hopped over the ice barrier she made for him and jumped off the tower, spinning his staff like a propeller to ease his fall before he landed, and running into the base.

Edited by Azure Flame

Noire sighed at this sorry sight. Not one, but two benders - one from the Red Lotus and the other from the White Lotus had shown up. Definitely not a good day for him. And they both wanted to kill him.

How could he join either of them if THIS was what they looked like?

"My, that ice is freezing!" Noire stated glumly. "Why, it's refreshing to see talent like this but-" he was quickly cut off by a guard who began to riddle bullets in his direction. One grazed his arm and wincing in pain, he stated "Er... Can we call a truce?"

It was likely that Dalian couldn't have been the only White Lotus member who tried to infiltrate - from prior experience with the members, he's known that they travel together. How many were the question, and an important one about whether he'd be captured by either one or let escape.

Edited by Clouded Sun

-Darya & Zale -

Darya jumped slightly at Aang's sudden comeback. "Coming!" Darya said, quickly bending the ice structure she had built back into her canisters. She extended her hand, bending the vines of the nearest tree towards her. She took a hold of them and jumped off the tower, swinging down to the safety of the ground before following Aang right into the base. "Wait for me!" Darya said, chasing right after Aang as they entered the base. Following the path of Dalian and Noah wasn't hard to follow. Once they got in though, Darya didn't know what to expect. Inside Dalian was fighting against a Red Lotus Waterbender. There was also this one guy she didn't recognize that was frozen against the floor. He wasn't one of them. But seeing that he was frozen, it meant he wasn't one of theirs either. "I think it would be of our best interest for Noah to go ahead and find what we have to find while we keep these guys busy. We can't possibly hope to overcome an entire base worth of people!" Darya suggested. Her attention first turned to the guy frozen up. She bent the ice, melting it into water and pulling the guy over to them. Though she didn't look that happy for him. "Are you the one who blew our cover?" Darya asked, bending the water off him. She suddenly bent the water upwards, creating a waterfall effect that blocked a water whip from Zale. Zale glared, looking around. "Disable them. Kill them if you have to." Zale ordered, creating ice spikes before sending them flying right at the group. Darya stepped in front of Noire as she began to block the ice spears with her hands. Just as the ice spears reached to hit her, she bent them back into its liquid state, sprays of water cascading above her. "Noah! Get going! Dalian, take care of the guards! Aang, let's keep this bender busy!" Darya suggested, glancing up at the ceiling with a smirk. "Also, Dalian...think you can make it hot enough for the sprinklers to start raining?"

Saved! Noire exclaimed silently. My, that was embarrassing....

Noire got up and brushed himself off, grinning to the woman. "Ah, so this is the stunning young lady whom I owe my life! How can I ever repay you?" Noire flashed a grin and a wink at the new White Lotus member. "For that, your wish is my command!" Noire bent flames, a brilliant blue, first at the guards that littered the entrance, then towards pipes in the vicinity. Flames erupted from the oil below, setting the room ablaze. The sprinklers rained on the laboratory's grand room.

Without a weapon, and firebending weakened by the rain of water, Noire knew he was in an extremely tight position. Noire wanted to stay neutral, but.... If this was his best bet, then he'd take it.

Noah

-------

Upon seeing his reinforcements arrive, Noah removed the cartridge from the plasma knife. Dalian had help now. "I'll leave this to you guys!" Noah shouted. With that, he took off, trusting his teammates with his back. So much for the element of surprise. However, the only thing on Noah's mind right now was for him and his team to stay alive. Don't die, Noah whispered.

Noah darted for the nearest vent, dodging and dispatching any guard in his way. Though their cover was blown, he could still get the information amidst the ruckus.

- Darya & Zale -

"You're a firebender?!" Both Zale and Darya yelled, looking at Noire. Darya narrowed her eyes, staring at him. "...then why did I save your for?" Darya asked. If this guy could firebend he could've just melted the ice. Zale was just about to go after Noah before Darya caught his attention once again. Darya was quick to send a whip of water at Zale, prompting Zale to block with a shield of water. "Hey! Eyes over here!" Darya called, her hands on her hips. "If you want to get to him, you have to get through us first!" Darya called. Zale scoffed slightly. Hopefully Raiden would take care of the other kid. Meanwhile, he had these to take care of. The fire sprinklers gave him an advantage. Then again, they were both waterbenders. This should be fun. "That shouldn't be a problem." Zale said, bending the water to create a water gimbal around himself. He began to shoot water jets straight at Darya. Darya bent the water upward, creating a quick wall of ice for protection. From behind the wall of ice she began to shoot parts of the wall at Zale, sharp daggers of ice shooting straight at him. Zale dodged them, using the accumulated water to propel himself straight at Darya. Darya did the same, bending the water around her to shoot herself straight at Zale. As they approached each other, Zale wrapped water around his arm, freezing it into the shape of a sharp blade and jabbed it straight at Darya's face. Darya bent back at the very last second, allowing herself to fall back, before spinning and bending a single water bullet straight up against Zale. Zale fell back at the pressure, but did not hesitate, instantly swinging his arm as he sent a vertical wave straight at Darya, frozen at the edge for a sharp blade. Darya bent water around her arms as the wave came upon her, freezing it to form an ice gauntlet and punching the upcoming wave with everything she had. Both her gauntlet and the wave shattered beneath.

Edited by Stardustblade358

Aang jumped in at that moment, sending a gust of wind to blow Zale away, flipping behind him to whack him with his staff as he would get blown in his direction.

(SO SORRY)

=Dalian=

Not being able to be confused by Noire for too long due to the very rude interruption from Zale, Dalian ungracefully tripped, falling on her butt, ruining the funk she had going. 

"Dude what the heck!! You shouldn't just sweep a lady off her feet like that!!" Dalian scrambled up, facing Zale.

She was trapped...by a waterbender...until Darya came crashing in like an angel of vines. 

"Master Darya! Thank goodness!" She managed to get out before the older woman started barking orders. 

"Yes ma'am right on............it...." Interrupted by Noire, Dalian traced her eyes to him.

"Fire bender..." she muttered, just barely loud enough for only her to hear. 

With that taken care of at least, she had to face the guards, and the sprinklers had put out her hook swords, so she was a wet fire bender. Not a good combination. 

"Hey Hey Hey!! Don't you dare go after Noah!!" Dalian sprinted after a couple of guards as Noah went to the vent. 

As more men approached, Dalian punched her fist together. 

"Now that's better." with a smile, she pumped her fist up, and a wave a fire was sent towards the guards as they ran towards her, despite the sprinklers, she could still fight. 

Noire complained "Ah, but if I were to let it be so easy, I wouldn't be able to have been saved by such a lovely girl as yourself!" Despite having "helped" the White Lotus, it was time for Noire to finally take his leave. He wasn't going to get caught up in some silly gang war right now; in fact, that was the Avatar's job. Staying frugal, learning about each's goals and objectives... Ah, to spectate was most definitely unsatisfying.

"Well, that's that!" Noire said, dashing out of the laboratory.