Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Rubyblu343

Is Donald a really horrible healer or some people did not set up the A.I settings properly for him?

He's the worst. He does it on purpose; i wouldn't put it past him to try and beat Sora to death with his staff in KH3.

I think sometimes he doesn't and sometimes he does so i guess it works for people every now and then, but there's moments where he fails you at the worst possible time. People tend to exaggerate in humour so that might be why you think people genuinely believe he sucks

Even when I modify his AI, Donald rarely heals me. The few times he does, I'm stunned. My biggest complaint for Donald is more that he WASTE ITEMS. He will use up any Ethers you give him in an instant or give them to Goofy, and NEVER uses Potions. Goofy wastes items too.

I kind of hope Square embraces the joke (the manga did) in KH3 cause I find it hilarious even now.

Even when I modify his AI, Donald rarely heals me. The few times he does, I'm stunned. My biggest complaint for Donald is more that he WASTE ITEMS. He will use up any Ethers you give him in an instant or give them to Goofy, and NEVER uses Potions. Goofy wastes items too.

I kind of hope Square embraces the joke (the manga did) in KH3 cause I find it hilarious even now.

Thank you yes! I mean In some way its cute shows you how much they care for you "OH NO sora has a scratch!Better use Potion!"

For me he really is helpful at times but I will say he is mostly useless like most people say. Although at this point I'm still gonna call him useless even if KH3 makes his IA better than ever. (we can't let the Meme die man)

As much as the joke is funny, I still think there's a way to make sure he's not using up your items and healing. 

For the first game, I just go to Customization. 

Chain of Memories, he does heal, but he would attack the enemy with the same element, after you would work so hard to knock him/her at a point where your almost finished. That's where I say he doesn't heal you. 

KH2, I don't know. I haven't played the game in a while. 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Best way to make Donald not waste items:

Never give him items. : D

I've never usually had a problem with Donald except on higher difficulties where he spends a large chunk of combat being dead. What usually happens to me instead is that I'll get impatient with him, heal myself, and then while I'm doing the animation he'll heal me too.

I think it's more that Donald can't heal you because he's already used up all his MP healing himself or Goofy lol

(At least for KH2, haven't played 1 in a while but he probably wastes all his MP some way or another there)

Or he's already dead so he can't heal you

Lol this

You know, normally I'd joke around with all of you guys regarding Donald's healing, but in my latest playthrough of the first Kingdom Hearts, I was actually quite caught by surprise! During the whole game, in about 36 or 40 instances that I was dangerously close to dying, Donald actually healed me when I needed it! The first few times I was snickering and was like: "Heh, he actually healed me! XD" But then, as time went on and I saw that he kept healing me, I was like: "Wait...is he actually doing this for real...?" And by the end of the game, I was like: "Donald, I take it all back, you've healed me when I needed you most!"

It's quite bizarre, really! xD

Donald is always set to heal a party member if the following conditions are met:

- The member is at critical HP

- He has MP to consume (kind of a given lol)

Another thing, he always prioritises Sora when possible. But it seems he "never heals Sora" because Goofy and others are terrible at staying alive (not the song xD) and he would have used up all his MP by then. And the whole issue about Donald healing you right after healing yourself should suggest to people that he DOES heal. Of course, you can't blame people for holding their own during a fight. You're trying to NOT die after all lol

But bottom line: Donald does heal you whenever possible.

Peace!

Edited by Yuya Sakaki

For me, he's just plain awful, even with aggressive settings. I haven't retried KH2 with a settings change to see if there were changes made to his AI, but each time from what I remember (regardless of settings) he waits most of the time for critical status which pretty much helps no one. Its even worse how both AI's priorities healing item management with second regard to leader priority. God forbid you set them up with an expensive healing item.

All in all though, I've learned to rely on them a lot less as you get better. Goofy at least gives a good cover though.

He's always worked perfectly fine for me. I think people rely too heavily on their party members. Why would you want to be healed literally every single time you get to low health? It wouldn't even be a game anymore. There wouldn't be any risk or reward. There wouldn't be a challenge. People need to rely on themselves and act like their party members aren't even there imo. Getting healed every once in a while should just simply be a nice surprise/bonus every now and then.

On 7/27/2017 at 7:08 PM, corfidbizna said:

I've never usually had a problem with Donald except on higher difficulties where he spends a large chunk of combat being dead. What usually happens to me instead is that I'll get impatient with him, heal myself, and then while I'm doing the animation he'll heal me too.

This right here.