Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Power Jusho

If Disney made a Kingdom Hearts movie, which game should the movie be about?

If Disney made a Kingdom Hearts movie, which game should the movie be about?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. If Disney made a Kingdom Hearts movie, which game should the movie be about?

• Kingdom Hearts, the classic tale
    • 358/2 Days, Xioooon
    • Kingdom Hearts II, those organization fights!
    • Chain of Memories, the forgetten memories
    • Kingdom Hearts χ, all the mystery!
    • Combine several stories
    • An original story please
    • Don't make one
    • Something else? Share below!

Hum... I could see anything honestly. It following a game wouldn't be bad, only hard thing would be to get used to the look of the characters (depending on how they make the movie) Maybe possible voice actor changes, ugh.

Filling some of the gaps of the series would be awesome as well, showing what exactly Riku did between CoM and KH 2 as an example.

An origninal story would be my favourite though I guess. New characters to meet and in a different universe which has nothing to do with the game series. They can't do that much wrong then I guess x3

Seriously if Disney and Square-Enix ever decided to make a Kingdom Hearts animated film then they should make a new and original story taking place after the events of the Xehanort Saga. A new story, and new saga, and a new villain. That's what they should do. 

If a movie is made, I feel it should be made under the guidance of SE, preferably Nomura himself. Simply because even if they do it, it would be kinda pointless to the canon if it's made by Disney or some other studio on their own. I do enjoy other non-canon KH media like the manga or the novels (some of the concepts are a bit different in those after all) but their aim is different. That's why I wasn't too fond of an animated series in the first place because it looked like they were just going to do their own thing.

However if one is made, it should be something original. A movie can never capture the entirety of a game and a lot of game to movie adaptions fail because the original source consists of so much more than just cutscenes. Not to mention that just the cutscenes of one game tend to amount to more than the span of a regular movie. With an original story, there wouldn't be the expectation to include everything of the game in the right way, although these expectations shift more toward the original story living up to certain standards. But they could definitely use it to fill some holes here and there or bridge the time between certain events.

Something new and fresh: either new characters, or some story we haven't seen yet. 

Or even (But unlikely) some sort of prologue, setting up the KH story by showing events that happened before it, like the daily lives of Sora and Riku on Destiny islands, and sort of be a slice of life thing. That'd be great, but probably not going to happen. 

As long as it's not another rehash: the manga and novels are enough. Do something new for a film. 

Huh, I'm the 13th vote on the original story option in the poll! Go figure! xD

But yes, if Disney were to greenlight a Kingdom Hearts film, I would want it to be an original story, one that sets the stage for the next saga! For this film, we could see what happens to the characters we know and love after their war with the Thirteen Darknesses ends, ya know? There's a great number of possibilities and creative things that can be done if it's an original story and not just a retelling of what's already present, ya know?

And of course, Nomura has to be at the helm of this film, otherwise, it's gonna be a mess! X_X

I don't care for Kingdom Hearts 1, but it would probably be the best for a movie considering the time constraints.  The other games got too much going on, especially when Organization XIII gets involved.

Original story, but I imagine using the first game as inspiration is the best bet. It feels the most well-rounded in terms of cinematic narration.

Edited by BlankShell

I'd prefer an original story. Making a movie about one of the games feels pointless to me. Maybe if they did a movie based on the events of Chi and put together events of Chi, Back Cover, Union Cross and new events, then I'd be cool with that.

This post is made without reading the previous ones so I hope I don't repeat something because I don't want to change my mind on anything what I am about to say.

I basicly have put years of research why game movies suck the biggest reason why is because MOST like 85% never tried:)

I choice an original storyline because it sucks to put an already existing visuel storyline that is 13 hours long or so (not counting the level up parts) into a 2 hour movie. Have you ever thought about the hole structure of storytelling in KH1 to put that into a movie. The plot is spread over multiple worlds and multiple disney villians by making this a movie you basicly have to redo every scene and perhaps let it all take place on one world because there isn't time to visit 13 worlds and built them all up in 2 hours.

This would lead to masssive amount of changes that would mostly piss of I guess 50% of the fans because there favorite part/world/boss/joke/weapon/character/twist is not in the movie.

There are movies though that made gamers happy like the Warcraft movie which was controlled by the game company themself, a great director and big ton of NERDS working on the movie with a high budget.

Original storylines would work way better because you can go where ever you want and introduce new things to give the movie a reason to exist and give the fans something fresh unlike the Assassin's Creed movie which HAD an original storyline (not at all it was AC1) in the universe of AC but did absolute nothing new with it...The only two new things are: One game character died and there is a new Animus... And the Animus might appear in future games so this gives it even less reason to exist xD.

Have you ever looked at those directors/writers who made these movies not counting AC or Warcraft now (but AC movie did have a shitty script for a movie over 100 million dollar budget I blame Ubisoft for this because they had control over which writers to choice)... They are either garbage directors, not their department of film making or have no expierence at all, most writers fall mostly under this to with a low budget:)

For example look at Uncharted what if your father saw that movie even if it was good: ''so I saw Uncharted it's this generations indiana jones'' Nathan drake is basicly jones but with more character his friend Sully is way more mysterious, charming and a movie about him is probably a better choice because we already know everything about Nathans past what we need to know but Sully is a mystery.

But do I think Disney would make a bad one eh yes and no... Disney would most likely do all their characters amazing well because they work with them for atleast almost a hundred years but the Final Fantasy/anime part they would have most likely zero expierence with could be a big problem for the movie.

I could go on for hours but nah I rather have a Kingdom Hearts show