Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Azure Flame

Roleplay Beacon: Before the Fall

Here he was, Lucas Lunaris, on his way to Beacon Academy to train as a Huntsman. On the outside, he would appear calm, cool, and collected, however on the inside he was freaking out, both from excitement and nervousness. So many questions were running through his head and he couldn't calm down. What would his classes be like? Would they have to fight live Grimm? What would the teachers be like? What about his teammates? Would they like him? Would he like them? Would any of them be Faunus as well? Would they tease him for being a Faunus? Would he have to fight them because of said teasing? He clutched his Katana, Sogeki Ken (Literally Sniper Sword) in his left hand to try and ease his nervousness as he looked at the others riding with him. He hadn't spoken to anyone since their departure, preferring to be alone in the corner during the trip. He noticed a few other Faunus and was slightly relieved that he wouldn't be the only one.

Onyx could barely keep his excitement. It had been a very long way from the capital of Mistral, but now he was almost on his way to become a full fleshed hunter. He did his best to carry light. Resting on his shoulders even as he carried a backpack with pins of all kinds stuck to its surface. Pulling wherever he went a black colored luggage which carried his clothing. Lastly, wearing them, were his gauntlets, Doppelganger. Inactive they looked like large, black bracelets with orange designs, allowing them to blend in with his clothing. Despite all advice given on simply playing it cool until he arrived to Beacon, Onyx's excitement had been too much to contain, and had been quite the chatterbox since the departure. He wasn't picky, either, forming conversation with anyone who would accept it. Some found him intriguing. Others, justifiably annoying. He found it a must to at least get to know some of the fellow classmates he might end up encountering once classes began. By the time his bright orange eyes landed on Lucas, Onyx had already made his mind that he was going to talk to him. He made his way over, cheerful as ever. "Why so lonely back here? You're missing out all the fun by the windows!" Onyx said playfully. "Did you come alone?"

Amidst the calamity throughout the City of Vale for first year and returning students of Beacon, a cool, crisp air filled the city ~ and Raevus' lungs, a breath of fresh air to take in for his new home in Vale.

He decided not to head straight to the school first, taking in the scenery. A man, old and frail (well past the age of retirement, to say the least) and with a bald patch covering the dome of his head tended to a Dust shop, 'From Dust til Dawn'. Dust crystals of all kinds illuminated the shop, and Raevus thought it amazing how such a resource like that could control almost every aspect of their lives, from technology to military use.

Beacon's gates were indeed a sight to behold. The campus itself looked like its own city, and the school building, a castle. A mix of admiration and awe for the sheer work put into the school was an understatement; Raevus thought it was a goddamn spectacle. Crossing his arms and smiling, he almost got lost in the waves of students congregating and slowly making their way to Beacon's auditorium, instead taking a longer path through a courtyard. Raevus observed, quietly, the increasingly eager students. Every last one of them, out of what he'd seen, seemed to have excitement, human and Faunus.

Nevertheless, it'd be quite the journey through Beacon.

Lucas was a little surprised and taken aback when he was suddenly greeted by a Deer Faunus. "Umm..." he said, his tail rigid from the sudden shock of being noticed and talked to. He took a deep breath to calm himself as his tail loosened again and he said "I'm more used to being alone, I really don't mind it. Although it is good to know I'm not going to be the only Faunus here, that's a relief." He lightened his grip on his katana a bit as he talked with this new boy. "My name is Lucas, Lucas Lunaris."

Onyx clasped his hands together momentarily. "I apologize. I didn't mean to scare you!" Onyx said as soon as he saw the boy's reaction, however he was delighted that the boy, now identifying himself as Lucas Lunaris, was up for a conversation. "Lunaris...what a beautiful name. I'm Onyx Pitch-Black." Onyx commented. He chuckled at the Faunus comment. "Well, of course us Faunus should be hunters too. If you ask me, us Faunus have more advantages at being Hunters. With our sensitive hearing and sight and all." Onyx said with a chuckle. He knew all too well to be wary of certain humans. He was constantly bullied at school, for being a Faunus and for his past alike. But his mother always taught him that the world was a big place, and where there was hatred, there was acceptance, and so he didn't worry much about stuff when it came to his Faunus status. "You're so tense! You should relax, you know? You're a student now, aren't you? You made it this far, whatever comes next should be easy" Onyx said patting Lucas' shoulder. "Since you came here alone, how about we become friends? At least until both of us get settled down at Beacon. Alone is nice but...with friends it's better."

Lucas took a deep breath and thought Friends, that actually sounds kind of nice... "Sure, it'd be nice to have a friend, I guess." he said, a slight smile on his face. "Nice to meet you Onyx. And this is Sogeki Ken." he said, holding out his katana in front of him, drawing it from it's sheath slightly to reveal a little of the blade.

Onyx's eyes glistened at the katana, well, at  Sogeki Ken. "Wow! That's so cool!" Onyx said, leaning in to take a closer look at the little of the blade that he had revealed. "Such a beauty too! I bet you could slice a Grim in half with it no sweat!" Onyx cheered as he looked down at his hands, pulling up his sleeves to reveal the thick, metallic bracelets that covered his wrists. "Meet Doppelganger. They're inactive right now, but once we get a chance to show off, I'll activate them. They look kind of silly right now, but they're totally really cool in their gauntlet form." Onyx said as he offered his hands for a closer look. They were made of black metal, a light panel with thick glass glowing orange on the surface that functioned as a watch in its inactive form. He glanced over to the window, smiling. "We're nearing Beacon already...ah I can't wait! Think we'll get to fight against Grim personally? It's been a very long while since I last saw one. I think I'm ready to finally show them they messed with the wrong hunter."

"Yeah, it's a good blade. It's also a gun, the sheath can turn into a pistol, and they connect to make a sniper rifle, hence the name Sogeki Ken. It means Sniper Sword." Lucas said, putting the blade away and holding it at his side. "You're weapon sounds pretty cool too, and yeah, seems we're nearing Beacon Academy soon, it's quite exciting. I'm sure we'll have to face Grimm at some point, we'd need practical training too."

Melody was excited, finally going to Beacon Academy to train as A huntsess, just like her father and her brother. Inside however, she was nervous. Will she make friends? Will she fit in? What if it doesn't work out? She then tried to calm herself as she puts her headphones on and listen some music till the trip is over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMXnr293zU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Onyx smiled. "That's pretty clever naming! Mine's doppelganger and it compliments my semblance! It's kind of complicated, but the gist of it is that I can create any weapon to adapt to the field...you'll see eventually, I hope." Onyx said, chuckling as he rubbed the back of his head. The first time he discovered his Semblance it was like he had turned into a superhero. He could form small shields of aura to protect himself from the bullies. He could create these tiny blades and cut fruits with it. But the bigger his creations, the more effort his body required, and eventually it led to the creation of his weapon. Maybe one day he would be able to use his semblance without so much risks. But for now, if he were to attempt any big thing with it, it would be pretty bad, maybe worse than the last time. "Practical training would be obvious. But think everyone here should be more than capable of handling a Grimm or two already. I know I am. You seem to be ready too." Onyx purred, smiling as he tilted his head slightly. "I hope you don't mind me asking...why do you want to become a Hunter? I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to! Just, well, I'm curious."

"To be honest, I just got sick of seeing innocent people suffer, and I wanted to use my weapon and skills to help others. Whether it be from Grimm, or evil people." he said, with a sigh looking down. Suddenly, they could hear a news story broadcasting on the windows of the airship they were on. "The robbery was lead by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa." "See, people like that." Lucas said, before the newsfeed continued. "Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Right's protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony." At hearing mention of the White Fang and their actions, Lucas gripped his katana harder, his mind flashing back to visions of towns burning and White Fang members cutting down innocent humans, before he himself was told to do the same.

"The once peaceful organization has now disrupted..." Suddenly, the news feed disappeared and in it's place stood a blonde woman wearing glasses. "Hello, and welcome to Beacon!" the woman said. "My name is Glynda Goodwitch. You are among a privileged few who have received he honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsman and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world." With that, the image disappeared and Beacon could be seen coming up as they neared their approach.

Edited by Azure Flame

Onyx pursed his lips as he watched the news. "White Fang..." He hummed, gulping. He had heard of the group. Who hasn't? What began as a a group that fought for the rights of Faunus through peaceful and moderated protests quickly turned into a terrorist group that forced the ideas of superiority upon anyone and everyone. "How foolish of them." Onyx began. "They want to bring respect to the Faunus, but all they are doing is making things worse for us. They aren't bringing respect...they're bringing fear." Onyx griped his fists. However, once the news had been replaced with Glynda Goodwitch greeting them and welcoming them to Beacon, all anger quickly disappeared. His eyes widened in surprise as he hurried over to the nearest window, pressing his hands against the glass as Beacon appeared on the horizon, every moment getting closer. "We're here!" Onyx squealed. He jumped up and down for a few moments, before looking over at Lucas. He paused for a moment, smirking. "Don't worry, Lucas. Once we graduate, the White Fang and Grimm alike will be trembling in their boots once they meet us!" Onyx said, giving thumbs up at him. Soon the ship came to a stop, docking at the very end of the courtyard. The doors opened up, allowing for the students to step out and make their way across the academy grounds. Most students were fine, admiring the academy as they went to where they had to go. A few others had apparently gotten sick and proceeded to puke into the nearest trashcans. Onyx stepped out of the ship along with Lucas, awed at the grounds around him. "Can you believe we're actually here?!" Onyx asked Lucas, squealing in his words as he stuck by close to Lucas as his very first official friend in Vale. "This place is huge! Do you think Grimm wonder into the campus like stray animals or do they have like a spray to ward them off?"

Melody took off her headphones as she heard the news about Roman Torchwick and then the White Fang, hoping to stop them. After Glynda Goodwitch greeting and welcoming them, she smiles as soon as the ship stopped. She followed the other students and was amazed by the academy. "wow..." She whispered herself.

He didn't really want to save the world.... Just himself. That's why Raevus needed to come here.

Among the other students, Raevus noted a girl. Her hair was blue, like a flowing river or clear sky. In a low, almost indistinguishable voice in the roaring sea of students, she was as wowed as Raevus.

He stepped forward, looking straight ahead and said "Beacon's amazing, isn't it?" Turning to her, he let out a warm smile.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Melody jumped as a boy with red hair was talking to her. She look at the boy and nods. "yeah, it is." She said, with a smile on her face. She was nervous. No one ever talk to her as a normal person before. Melody is always quiet and was never allowed to speak. "so umm, you're a new student, too?" She asked.

"Y-yeah..." Lucas said to Onyx's comment about the White Fang and Grimm trembling after they graduate. He followed his newfound friend off the airship and looked around. When Onyx asked him if he could believe they were there, he replied "It's like waking up to a dream after a long nightmare. As for whether Grimm get in or not, I'm sure they have methods to keep Grimm out."

Raevus was shaken for a moment at the girl's response, then immediately threw back his head and bellowed a laugh. He smiled again, saying "No need to worry about a thing." Her voice was small and thin.

Raevus continued to try and push to seem as friendly as he could. "Yeah, I'm new here. By the looks of it, you are too." Tilting his head down in greeting, he introduced himself. "I'm Raevus. Rae, if you want." He looked back up at her, and said with a grin "...aaand I don't believe I caught yours."

Onyx could barely keep himself from running all over the place. They were finally here! They would be fighting against Grimm! They were going to become Hunters! Helio Trope had personally taught him much to prepare him for the grueling selective process that would come when applying to attend the academy. He had to be physically and mentally prepared to be able to keep up with the best of the best, to compete against natives of Vale itself as a transfer from another continent and Kingdom. Despite it, he made it, and darn it, he is more than ready to prove it. He tapped on his gauntlets' screen, pulling up some stored notes. "Let's see. I think we should be heading over to the amphitheater for the welcoming announcement. Do you think we'll get to meet Mr. Ozpin himself? Oh that would be so cool, wouldn't it? Oh but now I'm wondering! I was told that every student is set in a group which they later have to share a dorm with. They're gonna be a team for the rest of the year, and it's all up to the professors to choose, too." Onyx said, looking rather concerned. "W-What if I get stuck with a group that don't let along with me?!" Onyx said, now becoming worried over...nothing really. He was just that expressive. He glanced, seeing Raevus and Melody talking. He smiled. "See? Friends like that might end up getting separated because of the group thing if they land in different groups! But, I guess beggars can't be choosers." Onyx hummed, smiling softly. "I've heard many rumors of the initiation...we should be able to survive...right?"

"Not just for the rest of the year, but until graduation." Lucas said. "However, you shouldn't worry about your team, I'm sure they'll like you. If they don't, it's their loss, and if they give you crap for being a Faunus, I'll kick their teeth in." He headed toward the Academy, viewing the fountain statue on the way to the entrance.

Onyx chuckled. "If you kick their teeth make sure you leave some for me." Onyx hummed. He was used to it people's comments about his horns. As long as they didn't try to pull on them, which hurt, it should be fine. He paused alongside Lucas as they reached the fountain statue. Two hunters standing on what appeared to be a small cliff, a Beowulf Grimm standing just beneath the edge. "Cool." Onyx said, smiling as he tilted his head. "Could do without the oh so mysterious hood, though. I wonder who they were modeled after." Onyx then glanced at the Beowulf statue. "I wonder if they died against that. I think the real version is a lot bigger...and scarier too." Onyx looked down at his bracelet. "I wish I'd brought a map of this place or something. Though the amphitheater should be near. Let's just follow the crowd and hope they know where they're going."

Raevus was shaken for a moment at the girl's response, then immediately threw back his head and bellowed a laugh. He smiled again, saying "No need to worry about a thing." Her voice was small and thin.

Raevus continued to try and push to seem as friendly as he could. "Yeah, I'm new here. By the looks of it, you are too." Tilting his head down in greeting, he introduced himself. "I'm Raevus. Rae, if you want." He looked back up at her, and said with a grin "...aaand I don't believe I caught yours."

"Oh, ummm. I'm Melody, Melody Rainfall. It's very nice to meet you, Rae." She smiles and laughs nervously after she introduced herself. Melody then Accidentally dropped Her pistols and her music player when some of the students bumped into her. She started to panic. "Uhh oh! I'm So sorry about that!" She said as she started picking up her pistols quickly.

"Melody," Raevus whispered, letting the name sit on his lips a moment. Melody sure was a handful. Every word she said seemed aching with shyness as if she'd been facing a Grimm all alone. Or maybe she'd been super excited to attend Beacon and held it in? Raevus was like that sometimes, but when Melody dropped her pistols brushing against an oncoming student, Raevus thought she might be too entertained... "Nah, I've got it." Raevus knelt and handed the pistols to Melody, momentarily admiring them. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he beckoned "We better get a move on with the crowd. Wouldn't wanna stop traffic."

Edited by Clouded Sun

"thank you." She sets her pistols both sides of her belt carefully, then later picked her music player and put it in one of her pockets. She nods to him. "y-yeah, we're better get going." She said. Raevus was sure nice to her, it's probably the first time she ever met someone like Raevus and she was glad though. Melody then followed everyone, hoping she won't drop her pistols again.

Once everyone had gathered in the Amphitheater, they were greeted by a man with white hair and glasses, wearing all green, holding a cane and standing in front of a microphone. This was Professor Ozpin, headmaster of Beacon Academy, standing with Glynda Goodwitch at his side. "Ahem... I'll keep this brief." he began, pushing up his glasses. "You have travelled here today in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you and all I see is wasted energy in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step." With that, he stepped off the stage and Glynda Goodwitch took his place, saying "You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation begins. Be ready. You are dismissed!" With that, she too left the stage and the new students started to disperse.

(Up to you guys if you want to keep tonight going with talking to eachother, or move on to the next day, where we do the initiation test)

(I vote that we move on to the next day for the initiation test!)

The students dispersed, all led to the ballroom for an impromptu sleepover. Onyx was more than happy to set up his sleeping bag by Lucas, glancing around at the rest of the students as they relaxed for the night and got ready for a well deserved rest. Everyone had changed into their pajamas. Onyx himself was wearing a...Grimm onesie. It was black with white designs on it made to look like bones, and on its hoodie a design that was meant to look like a Beowolf skull. It had two strategic holes on the hoodie for his horns, too. He sat on his makeshift bed, holding his scroll as he was recording a call for his mother. "Hey mom! Guess who got to Beacon! We're sleeping over at the ballroom for tonight. Tomorrow's the initiation, so wish me luck!" Onyx said with a smile, recording the ballroom around for a few moments before turning the camera back to him. "Oh yeah! I already made a friend!" Onyx said as he made his way to Lucas, pulling him playfully into the shot. "Meet my friend Lucas! Say hi Lucas!~"