Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

In what order do you like to play/prefer to play Kingdom Hearts?

I think no one will play kh2 before playing/watching 358/2 days nowdays, yet this was the release order.

I still enjoy the game order of 1.5+2.5 ReMix the most i think. Its kinda lame that you, the player, know things from BBS but yet the characters for example in KH2 doesn't.

I think no one will play kh2 before playing/watching 358/2 days nowdays, yet this was the release order.

On the contrary, I think Days is a much better experience after KHII because you gain a different perspective into Roxas' character. The non-linear narrative structure is much more enjoyable.

In general I lean toward release order. However, I recently finished KH1 and was going to start Re:CoM when I realized that in order to complete Re:CoM I'd have to watch Days in order to get all of the cards. Since Re:CoM is such a slog anyway, I'm going to play KHII, then watch Days, then play Re:CoM and go from there.

On the contrary, I think Days is a much better experience after KHII because you gain a different perspective into Roxas' character. The non-linear narrative structure is much more enjoyable.

In general I lean toward release order. However, I recently finished KH1 and was going to start Re:CoM when I realized that in order to complete Re:CoM I'd have to watch Days in order to get all of the cards. Since Re:CoM is such a slog anyway, I'm going to play KHII, then watch Days, then play Re:CoM and go from there.

That's a unique order hahaha.

But yeah i totally forgot about the Days cards in Re: Com! Square really makes it hard to follow a proper game order.

Ah the Star Wars situation.Personally I don't think it matters much,my first KH game was KHDays and after that I played BBS,I played the KH games in the weirdest order,but I was still able to enjoy them,I wouldn't recommend playing them this way though,I was so confused and didn't really understood the story

Edited by Isaix

I played it in the order each game was released. So - KH1, KH:CoM, KH2, KH: 358/2 Days, KH: BbS, KH:Coded, KH 3D: DDD, KH: Unchained X/KH: Union X, and KH 2.8.

1.5 and 2.5 are in there somewhere, though I never completed those.

Mostly release order, but I think I prefer playing/watching dayz before KH II though :)

Same here. I play Birth By Sleep after KH2 because the combat system is so much better that it would make the KH1 and so on combat systems feel much worse than they really are if I were to play KH1 and the rest right after it.

A newcomer should definitely go with release order which is why I'm upset they put Days before KH2 on the PS4 remixes. They also should've had Back Cover before 0.2 on 2.8 also. 

If you're already familiar with the series then KH2 and Days are interchangeable though if you do it in that order then I think it makes Days worst because that game/movie is best watched/experienced in the context of seeing Com and KH2 prior.  Days before KH2 will certainly give you better context though it kinda disrupts the narrative surprises and story they were going for but I guess that's irrelevant if you've already played the series.

Slap the person who tells you to play the games chronologically. 

Well, the first time around, since I played KHII first in 2006, from that time onward, all the others games I played in order of release, and then, after that, I started playing through the series chronologically!

Right now, I'm playing through 1.5+2.5, and I had watched Back Cover before then, and I've proceeded to play the games in 1.5+2.5 in chronological order, and let me say, it is a total thrill to play it that way! It flows like an anime like you have no idea! X_X

I did chronological order once, because I got BBS for the first time and I was dying to play it, so I went for it :D I will probably make one chronological run once I get 2.8, too, but from the on, I might switch back to release order. The narrative is just better that way, but I think chronological every once in a while is nice.

I did mine in a weird way, just whatever I could get but if I had to recommend probably...

~358/2 Days

~KH or KH2 (That way you have an idea who Roxas is and get a better feeling for him, but I don't know if that would sacrifice knowing who Sora is seeing I played part of KH then finished KH2 and returning to KH)

~KH:ReCoM

~KH BBS

~KH 3D

~0.2

I dont think Backcover matters where you watch it as long as it's not the first thing you start with