Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
maha

Why I Hate Final Fantasy XV So Much

1-Awful story

2-It is never explained why neither Noctis nor Luna start using cell phones instead of relying on the notebook

3-UNFINSHED Game

4-Side quests are boring

5-Manual driving is very slow

6-Magic system seems very mediocre

7- summons are uninteresting    

8-EVERYTHING WRONG

6/10

Average game

1-Awful story

2-It is never explained why neither Noctis nor Luna start using cell phones instead of relying on the notebook

3-UNFINSHED Game

4-Side quests are boring

5-Manual driving is very slow

6-Magic system seems very mediocre

7- summons are uninteresting  

Hm Yeah I can agree with some of your points there, like 1 and 2 I guess. But I still love the game! Maybe the story was just... meh, but in my opinion the gameplay and the world made the game really awesome :3

I also hate Final Fantasy XV, but I feel like it's my fault. I've jumped onto the hypetrain... because of the hype around the game... mostly. I really wanted to see what the shift between Turn-Based RPG (mostly) and A-RPG. But I knew it. Since the first time I've played the Duscae Episode, I knew I would not like it. I did enjoy the Platinum Demo... maybe because it showed nice environment and creatures rather than gameplay. Even with the final demo of the first chapter, I KNEW IT, I would not like this game. But... I though to myself : "Huh, I just don't know how to handle the gameplay properly." and bought the game anyway.

I played around 25 hours... I stopped when I reached the city where you are supposed to met Luna (I think.) Boredom killed me.

What matters to me when I play a videogame is, firstly its gameplay (with some exceptions like Visual-novels) and, to me, FF XV's gameplay is flawed. And it makes me sad because I see that there is good ideas ! The Warp Strike of Noctis is a great idea (And it's the only thing I like to use in this game), the concept of how you aim before releasing your spell is cool, weapon swapping... All of these are good ideas. But in FF XV, its so badly executed. Magics are all used in the same way, and your allies cannot think of getting away from the Area in which you're about to cast your spell (Even when holding your spell for 10 seconds) Close quarter combat of FF XV are some of the worst I've even had the displeasure to play. I can't figure out how to be good with this gameplay. Bosses... are... a mess. Naga, that huge robot, Titan, the gryfon, the camera CAN'T KEEP UP. The summons are nice, very nice, but I feel they're like a way to cheat death more than actual strategical tools to use.

So yeah. I hate this game, I don't even want to see what's in the end, I don't care about the flying regalia, I don't care about the part when you play Noctis a few years later, I don't care about the story, BUT, I do care about Iris. I like her.

...Kingdom Hearts is better in many, MANY ways.

Yikes! Lol, the word hate is thrown around here a lot! I mean sure, FFXV blundered quite a bit, but it's not like it was a completely terrible game, ya know...?

I mean sure, the story had many empty puzzle pieces that made the story feel a bit off, and the game was shorter than I would've expected an FF game to be, but for all its faults, I loved exploring Eos and the interaction between Noctis and friends! The brotherhood dynamic between them is something that I really liked, and I liked that each character had a specific skill, Noctis with his fishing, Gladio with his survivalist skills, etc. FFXV isn't a wholly bad game, but it could've been much better! Granted, with the big scheduling and deadlining killing the game's development, along with many things being rushed, FFXV, while good, could have been an even more amazing game! 

The thing that kills me the most about this game is that in order for us to get the complete, rounded out story, we need to get DLC story packs for the game. It kinda takes away from the joy of playing a full fledged FF game, ya know?

Final Fantasies IV and IX and X are still my top three favorites! Particularly IV! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Final Fantasy XV to me was one of the most disappointing experiences. That's not to say it was a bad game at all, it was a game that had a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF POTENTIAL (that not just me but people new to the series even saw) but it was all blown to crap.

-The first "half" of the game, maybe up to and including Altissia, was good. It constantly kept you in the dark all the time.

-The gameplay was too slow. People like very fast paced gameplay. I didn't mind it, but because super armor doesn't exist in this game and they COMPLETELY removed abilities for Noctis, it was frustrating to always get interrupted. This made Great Swords, Lances, and some Lucis weapons unbearable to play with more than two enemies.

-Good soundtrack. Heard better.

-Side Quests can be hunting, but you said you looked at Witcher III, Tabata. You REALLY couldn't do anything about that? Even NieR: Automata took the hint.

-The last "half" (I say half because it was barely a chapter length, half the train ride BOOM NEXT CHAPTER, next half of the train BOOM next chapter. Then you're already on XIII.

-Chapter XIII, contrary to other's opinions, was the only one I actually liked. You're watered down powers were now completely stripped.

-There was no reason why Ravus should've died offscreen.

-There was no reason to give a damn about Luna

-This DLC fleshes out holes in the story just like Kingsglaive, not add something new. Another couple months later, we wouldn't even have the crappy team command thing, we'd have proper switchable characters. The system for Ignis is probably complete now. This would've improved gameplay tremendously because Noctis would've actually had abilities again too and there would be strategy to your equipment, not simply slotting BiS (granted they fix the super armor and slow pace).

-...I don't even wanna know why the game took ten more years. It made no sense. It didn't even have an impact on the story. It was "Noct comes back one day, dead again the next)

-Ultima Weapon is way too easy to get.

-Where are the goddamn NIFLHEIM BASES?! TWO?! THAT'S IT?!

-Aldercapt shows up in two scenes (probably forgot about him, that's how bad it was)

-Luna's abuse scenes are absent.

-Luna....

-Luna is entirely too otherworldly. Like chill about purpose and calling, y'all are friends.

-LUNA T^T

-Stella

-Iris wasn't No. 1 bae.

-Ravus had entirely too much untapped potential.

I have SO many more problems, but as you can see it's not cause the game is shit, LOOK AT THIS LIST! How hard was it to think of some of these things and FIX THEM?! No, because the game had to be rushed by the business division. "Out by 2016". No, because the game had to be simplified. Because SJW's wouldn't like cutscenes where Luna was shown having a hard life. Because FFXV had to be built on an under development game engine. Because, instead of listening to important pieces from the fanbase, Tabata had to take every little piece of information and let it block creative expression.

This is coming from one of the biggest FFXV fanboys on this site.

No. This game wasn't bad. This game was an extreme waste of potential.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Final Fantasy XV to me was one of the most disappointing experiences. That's not to say it was a bad game at all, it was a game that had a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF POTENTIAL (that not just me but people new to the series even saw) but it was all blown to crap.

-The first "half" of the game, maybe up to and including Altissia, was good. It constantly kept you in the dark all the time.

-The gameplay was too slow. People like very fast paced gameplay. I didn't mind it, but because super armor doesn't exist in this game and they COMPLETELY removed abilities for Noctis, it was frustrating to always get interrupted. This made Great Swords, Lances, and some Lucis weapons unbearable to play with more than two enemies.

-Good soundtrack. Heard better.

-Side Quests can be hunting, but you said you looked at Witcher III, Tabata. You REALLY couldn't do anything about that? Even NieR: Automata took the hint.

-The last "half" (I say half because it was barely a chapter length, half the train ride BOOM NEXT CHAPTER, next half of the train BOOM next chapter. Then you're already on XIII.

-Chapter XIII, contrary to other's opinions, was the only one I actually liked. You're watered down powers were now completely stripped.

-There was no reason why Ravus should've died offscreen.

-There was no reason to give a damn about Luna

-This DLC fleshes out holes in the story just like Kingsglaive, not add something new. Another couple months later, we wouldn't even have the crappy team command thing, we'd have proper switchable characters. The system for Ignis is probably complete now. This would've improved gameplay tremendously because Noctis would've actually had abilities again too and there would be strategy to your equipment, not simply slotting BiS (granted they fix the super armor and slow pace).

-...I don't even wanna know why the game took ten more years. It made no sense. It didn't even have an impact on the story. It was "Noct comes back one day, dead again the next)

-Ultima Weapon is way too easy to get.

-Where are the goddamn NIFLHEIM BASES?! TWO?! THAT'S IT?!

-Aldercapt shows up in two scenes (probably forgot about him, that's how bad it was)

-Luna's abuse scenes are absent.

-Luna....

-Luna is entirely too otherworldly. Like chill about purpose and calling, y'all are friends.

-LUNA T^T

-Stella

-Iris wasn't No. 1 bae.

-Ravus had entirely too much untapped potential.

I have SO many more problems, but as you can see it's not cause the game is shit, LOOK AT THIS LIST! How hard was it to think of some of these things and FIX THEM?! No, because the game had to be rushed by the business division. "Out by 2016". No, because the game had to be simplified. Because SJW's wouldn't like cutscenes where Luna was shown having a hard life. Because FFXV had to be built on an under development game engine. Because, instead of listening to important pieces from the fanbase, Tabata had to take every little piece of information and let it block creative expression.

This is coming from one of the biggest FFXV fanboys on this site.

No. This game wasn't bad. This game was an extreme waste of potential.

FFXV as it is now wasn't in development for ten years, it started out as Versus XIII directed by Nomura. His team helping out XIII's, the PlayStation 4 releasing, and the change in directors are factors that made it take so long. It was also the higher-ups at Square that wanted the game out be then, not Business Division 2. 

FFXV as it is now wasn't in development for ten years, it started out as Versus XIII directed by Nomura. His team helping out XIII's, the PlayStation 4 releasing, and the change in directors are factors that made it take so long. It was also the higher-ups at Square that wanted the game out be then, not Business Division 2.

i didn't mean BD2, the development team, I meant the higher up Business associatives that you were talking about, just didn't have a name but business division.

And I know it took so long because for years and years the game was put on the backburner. FFXV's trailer in 2013 wasn't even real time footage for the most part, it was pre rendered and concept. It wasn't till the shift in devs that the game started taking some shape itself, and by that time, the higher ups were like "this thing has taken far too long."

Luminous Studio development also slowed the game down a lot as well. Building an in house engine itself is a lot of work, then working out the kinks with the engine as well as getting a game developed on it was an extreme hamper to FFXV.

I want to add in context to what I said before about simple fixes to the game that could've made FFXV what it was to a Game of the Year game.

-Combat is a big one. I'm going to go into this one in detail

-Having stripped Noctis of techniques was the biggest mistake (although many believe it to be the camera, which of course needs work). Among many ideas, here are some that come to mind when I think of better combat: Noctis techniques, of course. Having a weapon specific one, even and especially on Royal Arms would've drastically increased the game's strategic approach. Item-less healing on the spot to Noctis instead of having Ignis' sole purpose delegated to Regroup would've allowed for more. Animation cancelling in the form of warp striking, and faster Warp Striking. There are weapon specific animations for warp strikes, but go the extra mile of creating a Benefit for using it; make the shortsword and daggers chain into combos immediately, make the greatsword deal huge damage with a knockdown effect, make spears chain into aerial attacks, make shields have a block effect on warp. Vary it. Buffs aside from food were nearly nonexistent as well, creating buffs using specific actions on a weapon (like a short burst gain in attack speed on a shortsword swipe sideways, or an increase in armor piercing by a spear warp, or having the dagger have an evasion up effect when throwing them) would make things so much more interesting, and again add an extreme amount of variety that wasn't there before. There was no reason to really stop holding Square/X because it was just so much better at damage output than anything else.

-The targeting system was too out of the way; holding your R1/RB to lock on completely was enough, there should've been no need to click the button.

-More Luna cutscenes BEFORE she dies that actually show personality and perhaps love towards Noctis. If that was her purpose, so be it, but at least make me give a damn. Luna's death scene had the potential to be extremely powerful and emotion provoking, but having implied their feelings through a brief glance and a dog made it hard to care.

-Iris. Same as above.

-Ravus. Same as above.

-Aldercapt. Same as above. More boss fights against him too would be a bonus.

-Aranea. Same as above.

-Seeing a pattern?

-Side note: whatever XIII's mistakes were, what XIII-2 did flawlessly was paint Caius, who I still believe is one of the best villains in the franchise to rival Kefka. By the end of the game, you knew exactly Caius' purpose, his pain, and why he did what he did, but you could decide to have the compassion for him or disgust to kill him. Ravus could've followed Caius' exact archetype, branching off into his unique self as soon as Luna's death, which could've given him even more motivation against Noctis. The grandmother shouldn't have been a segway to a major plot twist and character shift in Ravus.

-Where the hell was that part where Noct leaves Insomnia in a suit? Agh, that could've been epic. But seriously, having seen Insomnia and its day by day people could've given us a reason yet again to give a damn about it all being blown to bits (or, a reason better still, to feel like it deserves its fate)

-Ardyn. Just everything Ardyn. This'll go on forever if I explain what could've been done to him.

Tl;dr you get my point. These were doable ways with a little more dev time that could've made FFXV fantastic. Not even the team was as confident as they could've been in this game, because with extra resources they KNEW what could've been done. Still, deleting Luna's scenes was a huge detriment to her character nonetheless.

Edited by Mystics Apprentice

If it's an average game why do you hate it? Lol

most people would prefer to have a great game or an awful game, mediocre is just boring

ِAll Final Fantasy Games Is Better Than Final Fantasy XV

maybe not ff2