Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Trey Wickesser

KH1 were the kh1 hd cut-scenes recreated

despite some weird interviews claiming KH1 is a remake... it's definitely not. It preserves glitches and weird programming quirks from the original. Any changes to the cutscenes would be from the final mix version, not the remix.

That said, the cutscenes you linked for the PS2 version have been modified. They removed the black bars in the original,which would make the 1.5 versions look zoomed in by comparison. I watched the destiny island scenes side byside however and didn't see any missing cuts, unless you mean the part where it pans up to show the KH logo? If that's what you're talking about, it seems to have been edited out by the uploader, that scene is present in 1.5

despite some weird interviews claiming KH1 is a remake... it's definitely not. It preserves glitches and weird programming quirks from the original. Any changes to the cutscenes would be from the final mix version, not the remix.

That said, the cutscenes you linked for the PS2 version have been modified. They removed the black bars in the original,which would make the 1.5 versions look zoomed in by comparison. I watched the destiny island scenes side byside however and didn't see any missing cuts, unless you mean the part where it pans up to show the KH logo? If that's what you're talking about, it seems to have been edited out by the uploader, that scene is present in 1.5

the cut i was referring to is at 9:26 on the ps2 and a 2-3 second scene with riku and sora looking at each other does not happen on the remaster.

well i tryed but i could not find a video with all the scenes or almost any video with kh1 final mix jp ps2 at all. anyone else be my guest to go find them for me for comparison 

the cut i was referring to is at 9:26 on the ps2 and a 2-3 second scene with riku and sora looking at each other does not happen on the remaster.

well i tryed but i could not find a video with all the scenes or almost any video with kh1 final mix jp ps2 at all. anyone else be my guest to go find them for me for comparison 

that actually honestly looks like a glitch. It cuts to that scene for a split second and hangs on kairi for too long.

but... I looked it up and... apparently it's not. The PS2 Final Mix cutscene is like that. What a weird change.

To put the video as embedded in the page, use the regular long YouTube.com link, not the share link.

Simply put, the difference between Remaster and Remake are generally this; a remaster has most of the same exact things as the original game systems-wide (gameplay, physics, such and such). The remaster, using the same engine bone structures, animations, and mechanics have updated HD assets. In theory, they probably had a lot of trouble remastering the new HD model of Sora as opposed to the old ones, but luckily they didn't use the original KH's and instead used Final Mix assets, which looked way better. In addition, to cut down on resource and development, the game is often put on an emulator of previous hardware (in this case, the ps4 is acting just like a ps2). Because 60 FPS was never intended for KH2 on the PS2's hardware back in the day, 1.5 PS4 had a lot of bugs that had to be tweaked, essentially "upgrading" the engine a little.

A remake is when almost every aspect about the game, perhaps even the story is reimagined with similar/the same characters, new animations, new mechanics like physics and lighting, and generally that stuff.

An HD port is basically an upscale. There's nothing special about adding a couple more pixels in textures or redrawing scenes.

As evidenced by my earlier rant, 1.5's cutscenes were remastered. They used the same "actors", just with a different look. Imagine playing the same scene with a sock puppet. Your first show is with sock puppet no. 1, who generally has a certain look, and your performance with sock puppet no. 1 makes your routine. You decide to do the second show with sock puppet no. 1.5, who you think looks much better, but the performance is the exact same as with sock puppet no. 1, because 1.5 was just designed to look better, not do anything different. Get it?

Edited by Clouded Sun