Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

What do you value the most when buying a new game console?

What do you value the most when buying a new game console?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you value the most when buying a new game console?

• Price
    • Power
    • Design
    • Launch/Feature games
    • Backward compatibility
    • Kingdom Hearts (cheater)
    • The controller
    • Online services
    • Friends' choices
    • Something else? Share Below.

Console exclusives are what really trump everything for me, but price is almost as important. If a console costs more than $300, it's pretty much impossible for me to consider getting until there's a price drop. Money's just too tight.

Generally the library, yeah. I know with Playstation (what I have) I'll get inFamous, Kingdom Hearts and various other great first and third party games that gravitate toward the system. I'm open to plenty of other things, but they don't necessarily have the benefit of the doubt that Sony does when it comes to the library.

Games to play. The ones I like. To feel that nostalgia when I play it after some time. It may sound weird but I don't care about fps that much. I just enjoy the game the way it is. And the "battles" between PC and console gamers seem ridicilous to me. I'm not getting involved.

Usually for me, it's all about what games will be on the system and not what the system has to offer itself. Like I got a PSP just to play KHBBS and I got myself a Wii U just so I could play games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros when they were to come out. The only time I really made an exception to this was for the Nintendo Switch, which I got not for what games they announced for it nor what games could be on it in the future, I got it because I fell in love with the console itself and the ideas behind it. I love being able to take it anywhere I go and love to be able to play it on my TV, it's basically the system I have always wanted. But in other cases, it's all about the games that are announced or whatnot that determines if I want that system or not. Like the Xbox One hasn't sold me on itself yet because there is just not that many games for it that I feel I would like (I literally watched the Xbox E3 conference this year and the only game I was interested in was Super Lucky Tale and that isn't enough to make me buy an Xbox One). So yeah, it's usually all about the gaming content that the system brings with it for me to know if I want to get that system (unless you are the Nintendo Switch, then in that case I am sold on you immediately).

Price and games for me. If there's at least 3 games that I want to play and if I'm able to afford it, I'd save up for it. Recently though, that's been making me buy a console every year :P. I'm still waiting on getting a Switch until the price lowers a bit more, including the games...

Something that I always look for in a gaming console is that it is of utmost quality and that it has long durability! Luckily, Sony and Nintendo have always delivered on this front, and I have a PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii, and all these systems have served me very well! 

Another factor that I take into account is the library of games any such system offers. Sony always has an amazing library of games to choose from, and Nintendo doesn't fall behind either!

*Cough* AlsobecauseofKingdomHeartsgames#KH4life.*Cough.* 

usually it's the games. i'm not gonna buy a new console if there's only one or two new games on it that i want. i held off on a PS4 for a bit because i still had games on PS3 that i never got around to playing (and i still do hrrrrrgggg). 

price is also a factor i consider. i can always wait for a price drop or else i'll just save up the money on the side. i'm not buying a new console if it doesn't look like it'll have a library i'll be interested in. 

Games. I guess I'd want to play enough games on a console to make it a worthwhile investment to me. (But then the cost of all the games + time spent playing em lol)

Also I guess price.

Depends. I built my PC for its pure power, but I still play Nintendo consoles for its exclusives. Only reason I'm keeping my PS4 now that FFXV PC is announced is for Kingdom Hearts III.

I bought the 3DS for Dream Drop Distance. And when I Kingdom Hearts 3 got announced for the PS4 I immediately bought it. Not really just for kH3 but it totally motivated me to buy it.

But I'll always go for PlayStation because I think it has the best exclusive games.