Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Wan_Pisu

Who else would you want to see direct a new Kingdom Hearts game?

Who else would you want to see direct a new Kingdom Hearts game?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who else would you want to see direct a new Kingdom Hearts game?

• Hiroki Chiba (World of Final Fantasy)
    • Hironobu Sakaguchi (Final Fantasy creator)
    • Yoko Taro (Drakengard, NieR Automata)
    • Yoshinori Kitase (FF7, FF6, etc)
    • Hajime Tabata (Final Fantasy XV)
    • Tatsuya Kando (TWEWY)
    • Yuji Horii (Dragon Quest creator)
    • Yasumi Matsuno (FF Tactics)
    • No one else, just Nomura & Yasue
    • Someone else? Share below!

Just Nomura and Yasue. It's always been that way. I don't want someone else to direct it. And I bet it would not be the same Kingdom Hearts if someone else directed it.

Yeah, leave it to Nomura and Yasue. Wouldn't feel the same otherwise. Not that it's inherently a bad thing, but consistency in tone (if not in plot =P) is certainly a highlight of Kingdom Hearts.

Yoko Taro. Because who doesn't want really depressing deaths, horribly Non human events, and moments that will make you question the meaning of life to absolute crush your heart and soul? Plus we'd finally get to see a chirithy order a hit on it's Wielder so that they wouldn't learn some hidden truth!!! That would be awesome!!! (oh wait)

Nah, not really seeing Kingdom Hearts directed or done other than in Tetty's image, but just in case the series needs a little change or expansion, I have some suggestions here...

1. Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 anime)

2. Paul Dini (DCAU, Batman & Superman)

3. Alan Burnett (DCAU, Batman & Superman)

4. Jennifer Yuh Nelson (Kung Fu Panda 2 & 3)

5. J. J. Abrams (Star Trek reboot films)

6. Joss Whedon (Avengers 1 & 2, and Justice League film)

7. Stephen Sandoval (Gravity Falls)

8. James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2)

9. Ron Clements (several Disney movies)

If you don't like them then ____ YOU, I like them.

While I will honestly always love Nomura and Yasue helming the series, and to put it bluntly, I wouldn't have it any other way; if I had to see someone else direct a Kingdom Hearts game, I think Hironobu Sakaguchi could do the job! He's the creator of Final Fantasy, and he revolutionized RPG's as we know them today! So having him involved in Kingdom Hearts would be awesome, though he was already involved in the first one, I think, as a sort of producer! And plus, his likeness was incorporated into Master Eraqus in Birth By Sleep! :D

But seriously, I just want Nomura and Yasue remaining on board with the series until it ends! :D

The story is already weird enough without putting a new person or people in charge, besides that I like the mostly light-hearted tone and goofy story telling. Do we really need another overly serious RPG? 

Miasaki he is the master of whimsical after all allthough it could be incredibly go wrong a movie is very different from a video game. Has anybody ever heard of a movie director making a video game before? We all now that video game movies mostly suck and games off movies but a movie maker making a game is a combination we didnt have yet as fars as I know

While I will honestly always love Nomura and Yasue helming the series, and to put it bluntly, I wouldn't have it any other way; if I had to see someone else direct a Kingdom Hearts game, I think Hironobu Sakaguchi could do the job! He's the creator of Final Fantasy, and he revolutionized RPG's as we know them today! So having him involved in Kingdom Hearts would be awesome, though he was already involved in the first one, I think, as a sort of producer! And plus, his likeness was incorporated into Master Eraqus in Birth By Sleep! :D

But seriously, I just want Nomura and Yasue remaining on board with the series until it ends! :D

I agree what I always loved about Kingdom hearts is that in a way It stays true to its own message, It is  radically different than any other series which includes its insane story telling and it is not one bit ashamed of it.

Nah, not really seeing Kingdom Hearts directed or done other than in Tetty's image, but just in case the series needs a little change or expansion, I have some suggestions here...

1. Seiji Mizushima (Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 anime)

2. Paul Dini (DCAU, Batman & Superman)

3. Alan Burnett (DCAU, Batman & Superman)

4. Jennifer Yuh Nelson (Kung Fu Panda 2 & 3)

5. J. J. Abrams (Star Trek reboot films)

6. Joss Whedon (Avengers 1 & 2, and Justice League film)

7. Stephen Sandoval (Gravity Falls)

8. James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2)

9. Ron Clements (several Disney movies)

If you don't like them then ____ YOU, I like them.

I don't have anything against them in particular, I just don't think a movie/series director would be suitable for a game on their own, especially if they don't have any experience with either the source material or games in general. A movie is different after all and games have a different focus since gameplay is a very important factor that is completely irrelevant to movies or a TV series. I'm not saying that their influence couldn't be helpful for certain aspects but a general director should be able to oversee the entirety of development and at least understand the different parts involved.

They don't need to be able to do everything of course, but experience helps.

Apart from that, I'll stick to Nomura and Yasue. Unlike Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts is a series which requires the in depth understanding of all previous titles to really progress on the next game, unless they decide to overthrow everything we know and reboot it. The question would be though if it could still be considered Kingdom Hearts then if Nomura and Yasue would be replaced.

However, as the series evolves, I wouldn't mind some additional input from other people. I do think having Roy Conli assist in the development or the Pixar team work with them could potentially be worthwhile in the end. It's hard to tell how things would have turned out without them, but regarding Disney, it's probably better to have the creators aid with certain factors as long as it does not become too restrictive.

Edited by Merilly

I agree what I always loved about Kingdom hearts is that in a way It stays true to its own message, It is  radically different than any other series which includes its insane story telling and it is not one bit ashamed of it.

Indeed! Kingdom Hearts really stands on its own two feet, and I'm glad that the series has gained popularity over the years, because it most definitely deserves the praise! :D