Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KeybladeMasterDeadpoolio

Sooooo... Is The World Dead Yet?

I'm a little confused here and I could use some enlightenment: according to Xehanort, the Keyblade War destroyed the world and according to Kairi's gradmother, the worlds were rebuilt through the Light of the Hearts of children who we now know are the Dandelions. So were they wrong? The great war has come and gone and the world still seems to be in one piece, just now with a much smaller population. So is Xehanort's war going to be a huge letdown too? All those decades of planning for nothing? This is just as confusing as the stupidity of certain characters being canonically in this game despite it being thousands of years before they could possibly be born.

We have to remember that all that Xehanort, Yen Sid and Kairi's grandmother know are all through fairy tales and legends. Obviously, some details are going to be missing, unknown and/or not exact. The story of Union Cross is still not over and we know that the world will be gone and their will be multiple, as it has been stated that the during the events of Chi, all the worlds were still one.

"Long, long ago, all the worlds were still one. One day, this would be called the age of fairy tales." (Chirithy, X Back Cover)

As we have found out, the War was not fought over Kingdom Hearts nor the X-Blade, but it's possible and likely that Union Cross will be leading to both of them and eventually see the X-Blade shatter into 20 pieces.

Xehanort is trying to make contact with Kingdom Hearts, unlike the Keyblade wielders and Foretellers of Chi. So no, his decades of planning haven't been for nothing. It's really not that confusing.

And about the characters existing thousands of years before the events of the other games: Just because something isn't explained yet, doesn't mean it's a 'plothole.' Give the story time after some updates and we'll get answers. As of now, the most likely explanation is the Unchained Realm (or the Realm of Sleep) as the worlds within this Realm are just trapped in a never-ending dream until they are woken. This would also explain why Ventus smiled after so long only after Sora reunited with the Spirits at the end of Dream Drop Distance. It's possible that Ventus befriends them as well.

This is far from the first time something initially didn't make sense to then eventually be explained, such as Xehanort being an old man in Birth by Sleep or that there was an unmentioned 14th member of Organization XIII.

Edited by Master Eraqus

We have to remember that all that Xehanort, Yen Sid and Kairi's grandmother know are all through fairy tales and legends. Obviously, some details are going to be missing, unknown and/or not exact. The story of Union Cross is still not over and we know that the world will be gone and their will be multiple, as it has been stated that the during the events of Chi, all the worlds were still one.

"Long, long ago, all the worlds were still one. One day, this would be called the age of fairy tales." (Chirithy, X Back Cover)

As we have found out, the War was not fought over Kingdom Hearts nor the X-Blade, but it's possible and likely that Union Cross will be leading to both of them and eventually see the X-Blade shatter into 20 pieces.

Xehanort is trying to make contact with Kingdom Hearts, unlike the Keyblade wielders and Foretellers of Chi. So no, his decades of planning haven't been for nothing. It's really not that confusing.

And about the characters existing thousands of years before the events of the other games: Just because something isn't explained yet, doesn't mean it's a 'plothole.' Give the story time after some updates and we'll get answers. As of now, the most likely explanation is the Unchained Realm (or the Realm of Sleep) as the worlds within this Realm are just trapped in a never-ending dream until they are woken. This would also explain why Ventus smiled after so long only after Sora reunited with the Spirits at the end of Dream Drop Distance. It's possible that Ventus befriends them as well.

This is far from the first time something initially didn't make sense to then eventually be explained, such as Xehanort being an old man in Birth by Sleep or that there was an unmentioned 14th member of Organization XIII.

All fair points but here's my problem: for as long as I've been a fan of this franchise, I've been very lenient in regards to all of the handwaves and "retcons". But as of late, particularly the great time wedgie of 2012, they've become a lot harder to ignore. I am beginning to tire of all these inexplicable reappearances and important info that only gets explained in guide books and concerts of all things. What I'm saying is that I don't want our impending grand finale to be ruined by a handwave along the lines of "oh, the age of fairy tales wasn't really that long ago, it was just like twenty years ago and everyone conveniently forgot because the world ending was like so traumatizing". I hope for a very good explanation that actually happens in-game and on screen for once but we all know the track record.

Not to mention that we were promised a war, a war so devastating that it required a complete reboot of the universe. And yet all we got was a bunch of chibis smacking each other with big keys. At the very least they could have made a pre-rendered cutscene to make all of that grinding and money loss worth it. And yes, I admit that my bitterness toward the X game(s) might be coloring my attitude on the subject.

Theory:  There were TWO Keyblade Wars.  The second one will be with the 5 Union leaders which will become the "Lost Masters," because they will get stuck in the Realm of Darkness and age super slowly.  Then Xehanort finds Ven in the RoD a ton of years later.

Theory:  There were TWO Keyblade Wars.  The second one will be with the 5 Union leaders which will become the "Lost Masters," because they will get stuck in the Realm of Darkness and age super slowly.  Then Xehanort finds Ven in the RoD a ton of years later.

i could see this happening. Ven could have forgotten everything but his name due being in the RoD too long. And then he forgets everything but his name.... again.... and then BBS happens.

Gee that'd be redundant though....

Well, by the time X wrapped up, the world had already ended and was consumed by darkness. Basically what we, the player, are experiencing in Unchained X is basically a simulation of what already happened, as the player is in the Unchained Realm, or Realm Of Sleep, and as such, we all know that time flows differently there and whatnot, and being in that realm is like being in another plain, such as in the Realm Of Darkness! And with the latest story update we got from the international version of Union X, Ephemer, Skuld and Ventus are in the real world, gathering together so they can be able to lead the Dandelions into rebuilding the world. So we, the player character, are still in the dream realm! I hope that made sense! xD

And well, the perfect excuse for having Ventus and Lauriam in the X era and then still be around during BBS and so on is that both of them were trapped in the Realm Of Darkness, somehow, or maybe something goes wrong during the events of Union X that cause Ventus and Lauriam to be banished into the Realm Of Darkness, therefore having them slowly lose themselves till they lose their memories and are almost on the brink of being consumed by darkness! How Lauriam might get out is something unknown, but for Ven, at least, I'm sure Xehanort found him!

i could see this happening. Ven could have forgotten everything but his name due being in the RoD too long. And then he forgets everything but his name.... again.... and then BBS happens.

Personally, I think that in the flashback in BBS when Xehanort extracted Vanitas from Ventus, before the separation, Ventus actually still had memories of the events of Union Cross but forgot it all after Vanitas was born.

Master Eraqus: "Ventus cannot tell you anything... because he cannot remember anything."

Personally, I think that in the flashback in BBS when Xehanort extracted Vanitas from Ventus, before the separation, Ventus actually still had memories of the events of Union Cross but forgot it all after Vanitas was born.

Master Eraqus: "Ventus cannot tell you anything... because he cannot remember anything."

I have two issues with this line of thinking: one, if they are the so called Lost Masters who were lost to the Realm Of Darkness after recreating the worlds and saving the people, how did they even survive thousands of years to the present? Aqua barely survived over ten years in there and she very nearly became a Heartless if it hadn't been for the echoes of her friends and Mickey showing up. And number two, if Ventus and Lauriam were supposedly Keyblade Masters, why weren't they that powerful in the present? You could probably say that losing their memories had something to do with it (which I find to be a huge cop out) but surely someone like Eraqus would have noticed that Ventus was so powerful.

But, all this talk of the Realm Of Darkness having no time gives me an idea for a theory I'll post after this.

Well, by the time X wrapped up, the world had already ended and was consumed by darkness. Basically what we, the player, are experiencing in Unchained X is basically a simulation of what already happened, as the player is in the Unchained Realm, or Realm Of Sleep, and as such, we all know that time flows differently there and whatnot, and being in that realm is like being in another plain, such as in the Realm Of Darkness! And with the latest story update we got from the international version of Union X, Ephemer, Skuld and Ventus are in the real world, gathering together so they can be able to lead the Dandelions into rebuilding the world. So we, the player character, are still in the dream realm! I hope that made sense! xD

And well, the perfect excuse for having Ventus and Lauriam in the X era and then still be around during BBS and so on is that both of them were trapped in the Realm Of Darkness, somehow, or maybe something goes wrong during the events of Union X that cause Ventus and Lauriam to be banished into the Realm Of Darkness, therefore having them slowly lose themselves till they lose their memories and are almost on the brink of being consumed by darkness! How Lauriam might get out is something unknown, but for Ven, at least, I'm sure Xehanort found him!

That's the other main thing I've been confused about, are they all in a dream or not? If we're to believe that the Japan only part of the game takes place in the real world and is therefor the true version of the story (damn it, Square, you screwed us over again!) then how can there be Chirithies? They're Dream Eater's aren't they? They can only exist in the Realm Of Sleep so how are they in the real world? And if what you say is true, then that means that everything that we do is meaningless because it's not really happening.

That's the other main thing I've been confused about, are they all in a dream or not? If we're to believe that the Japan only part of the game takes place in the real world and is therefor the true version of the story (damn it, Square, you screwed us over again!) then how can there be Chirithies? They're Dream Eater's aren't they? They can only exist in the Realm Of Sleep so how are they in the real world? And if what you say is true, then that means that everything that we do is meaningless because it's not really happening.

Ventus, Skuld, Epehemer, Blaine and Lauriam are all in the real world, whilst we, the player character, are in the Unchained Realm. The reason for this is because we are being trained so that we can become stronger for when we get back to the real world, so that way, we can be ready to face any dangers as the Dandelions help to get the world rebuilt, ya know? So it's not really meaningless, as the player character is essentially being strengthened in order to help rebuild the world alongside the new Union Leaders, ya know?

As for the Dream Eaters, they can also be able to materialize in the Realm Of Light, for when Sora went back to Traverse Town, the world was no longer in sleep, and so the Dream Eaters there present were present in the awakened Traverse Town, not it's dream counterpart. So yes, Dream Eaters can be in the real world as well. :3

Hope this helps! :3

No, the world isn't dead yet. It might not even ever die. It's possible that the whole world dying thing was just a part of the fairy tale of the Keyblade War that has been passed down for generations and generations.

The Player even mentions that it wasn't some world ending battle that they always thought it'd be.

If the world does end up ending, then it most likely has something to do with Kingdom Hearts. In the first cutscene of 0.2BBS, we see Luxu standing in front of Kingdom Hearts after the Keyblade War. The title of the cutscene is "The World's End." The person who unlocks Kingdom Hearts gets reborn as something far greater than human (basically a god) and gets to recreate the universe in their image. So, basically whoever unlocks Kingdom Hearts gets to reset the universe and make a new one, and they get to make it how they want. So, Luxu most likely unlocked Kingdom Hearts and reset the universe. Not sure why Kingdom Hearts was lost to darkness after this though. Maybe that's just simply what happens when someone unlocks Kingdom Hearts?

Edited by Elfdemon_